Creating new activity type entities

Can you tell me how can I create entity and configure it as Activity type? I
would like to create activity type ''client visit''!

My goal is to make report in which I cuold see number of visits to exisitng
and future clients by each salesperson in my company!!! Is there any other
way to do it without creating this activity type?

Thanks,

Marko
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Marko,

Microsoft CRM does not allow you to create new activity-type entities. The
best you can do is to repurpose an existing entity (e.g., letter) that you
might not use frequently.

One of our clients does what you want to do. They created a new picklist
attribute for the appointment activity entity and use that to identify the
purpose of the appointment. They have reports based on the field.

If you have multiple activity types that need to be reported (e.g.,
appointment, service activity), then you need to duplicate the picklist
attribute on each entity, and keep the attributes synchronized as changes are
made.

Michael Cross
Navint
http://www.navint.com

"Marko Kralj" wrote:

> Can you tell me how can I create entity and configure it as Activity type? I
> would like to create activity type ''client visit''!
>
> My goal is to make report in which I cuold see number of visits to exisitng
> and future clients by each salesperson in my company!!! Is there any other
> way to do it without creating this activity type?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marko

5.7.1 MIME type message-...
I try to send mail so some people and I get this response " 5.7.1 MIME type message/partial not accepted here" can anyone help me with this. Henry Change your format. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Henry H asked: | I try to send mail so some people and I get this response " | 5.7.1 MIME type message/partial not accepted here" ca...

Custom workflow activity question
Hi all, It seems to be impossible to use any custom entities / attributes in the custom workflow activities. Any suggestion how to accomplish this a simple way? Thanks in advance, Robert I have seen post somewhere about accessing custom entities , you need to google it. As well as custom attributes are concerned , you need to use dynamic entity for example accessing "new_link" which is custom attribute : DynamicEntity regardingAccount = (DynamicEntity)retrieved.BusinessEntity; if (regardingAccount.Properties.Contains("new_link")) { // do somethi...

Create an ASP.NET Web Service
Not sure if this is the correct group to be posting this at but here goes. I am in the MSDN Library and doing the step-by-step instructions on the "Walkthrough: Creating a Distributed Application" and I appear to be a lost at step 5 in the section titled "To create an ASP.NET Web Service project". Line 5 says "In Solution Explorer, double-click Service1.asmx to select it". I do not see Servicece1.asmx in the Solution Explorer after following all the previous steps to the letter. In fact I don't see anything with an asmx extension. The closest thi...

Type mismatch error in Excel
Hello, I receive a type-mismatch error when compiling. The cells being referenced only have dates. Can someone help? Heres some of the code Application.Windows("rpt_BigTicket.xls").Activate a = Range("D:J") b = DateValue(Format(Now(), "mm-dd-yyyy")) - Weekday(Now(), 1) c = Application.VLookup(b, a, 2, False) "This is where the ERROR-13 'Tpye Mismatch occurs' The default property for a range is the .Value property, so a = Range("D:J") is returning an array of values, not a range object. Try something like: Dim a As Range D...

Creating a combination chart using cluster column & stacked bar t.
I need to create a combination chart, using cluster column and stacked bar types. I need to "cluster" two columns side by side without space in between, with stacked bars within each of these columns. Then, have space along the x axis, and have 2 more columns clustered made up of stacked bars within. I am charting 2 years side by side, with different types of data within the columns, so need to stack/segment the column. How do I create and combination chart, and how do I select these 2 types to combine together? HELP, PLEASE?!? If you stagger your data, you can create sid...

Create a calendar in excel for the next 4 yeara
How can I create a calendar in excel for the next 4 years? Begin date is October 31, 2005 and end date is October 31, 2010. -- dyukon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dyukon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30062 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497408 What form do you want the calendar to take? A very simple way is to enter your start date in cell A1 and format it as mmmm dd, yyyy. Then in cell A2, enter the formula: =A1 + 1 and ensure that this is formatted in the...

New to mac...how do you make a calendar?
Hi, I am a teacher and have previously made my parent volunteer calendars with my pc on Publisher....how do I create similar calendars on a mac? Thanks! Hello Melissa, Publisher is PC-only. Would Entourage's Project Center be suitable? See http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/mac/library/how_to_articles/office2004/en_proj ectcenter.xml See also "Print a custom calendar in Entourage" http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/m...

Event 5895 Error: Can't clean up the following tables: Activity
I have CRM 1.2 and I have applied rollup 2, but it didn't fix this problem. Any suggestions? Thank you very much. When I do the crmdeletionservice.exe -runonce, it gives med 3 possiblities. Usage. -Install -Remove -Console But I can se in the eventviewer that it is the activity table which is the problem. My only problem is that I don't know how to use the Query Analyzer. Thanks for you answer, I'm sure thats the sollution. Br Steen Hey again I didn't know it was that simple to use the query analyzer :-) I did just as you write in your guide, and it worked perfec...

SFO/Web Client Activity Customization..
....it would be great if the next version of CRM allows us to modify the fields/forms of various activities and even create new types of activities. ...

new recipient policy
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 (1 FE and 2 BE) mail system. Initially we had 2 recipient policies 1 with 7 smtp addresses and the default. We are growing etc and need to better manage our users and I don't want everyone to have to 10 email addresses. I made a new policy for the new domain I need to host. I gave it the first priority and added the new domain name @newdomain1. All the users who need this are in a global security group and I used that as the advanced criteria (IsExactly - pre-2000 name). I then did the same for 2 more domains (with different groups). And then I lef...

Cant Type Message in Outlook
Some time I am able to type in outlook and other time it will not work. I dont know that is going on or if there is something that I do to bring it on. I was answering my email this morning and when I got to the last one i was not able to type. Every key stroke it would ding at me. It did this to me before and the problem just went away. I have tried to reboot my computer and that didnt work. I have no idea. Thank You Mark ...

Create New Message Using Print Layout
I would like to draft new messages using "print layout" from the view menu. What I would really like to do is make that my default. Is there a way I can make "print layout" the default view when generating new messages? TIA Jerry What version of Outlook/Office and are you using Word as the editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Jerry asked: | I would like to draft new messages using "...

How to open new excel file in new window by default?
Hello, Could anyone help? How to open new excel file in new window by default? it opens in the last window on the screen as of now. Bests Jayesh When I open a workbook (or create a new workbook) it is opened in its own new window in addition to whatever I have open at the time. Each open workbook has its own window. You can select which workbook to work with in Excel 2007 by View/Switch Windows and selecting the workbook you want. I believe in Excel 2003, it is Window/List of Windows to do the same thing. You can also cycle through your currently open workbooks by pressing Ctrl+F6. ...

OLE Activation
First of all, perhaps I can save you a few hours. It took me several hours to figure this out. You cannot embed an OLE image on a form (and the bound field) if the form is in datasheet mode via VBA (you can do it using drag-and-drop). You will get an error saying the OLE class is invalid. You will need to change the form to form view. Once the object is embedded you may switch the form to datasheet view. My question is regarding activation. In datasheet view if I double click on the OLE field the object (in my case a word document) is displayed in a separate window. In form view...

User Activity window in GP 9
Hi! Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Hi Marisol, Now found under Tools --> Utilities --> System Robert Marisol wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under > Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system > without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks ...

Creating forwarding rule in Exchange
Exchange 2003 SP2 If I have user fee@domain.com receiving email at address fee@domain.com, is it possible to create a rule in Exchange that does this: All emails from user@outsidedomain.com that go to fee@domain.com should be forwarded to foo@domain.com If it is possible, and I do not have a domain user named foo, would I have to create one or simply create a contact in order for the mailbox to be created? 1. You need some recipient to have the email address fee@domain.com 2. No native facility to selectively forward mail from a particular smtp address only. You could either do it usi...

Office Standard 2003, no more activations left by phone or online
I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck and need to purchase a new key? Is there a way around this? If its a retail version you can install as often as you like providing you dont exceed the number of *working* PC's its licensed for. If an oem version its only licensed for the origonal PC "BettyBlue" <BettyBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A099EC53-A617-4083-83F7-889AECFFAD01@microsoft.com... >I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck >and > need to purchase a new...

my CStatic class : how to create a derived class
I want to derive a CStatic (let's call it CMyStatic) class to create a static box with a white background. So thanks to the classwizard I have done a new class derived from a CStatic and I have overidden the OnCtlColor message like this : CMyStatic::CMyStatic() { } CMyStatic::~CMyStatic() { } BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMyStatic, CStatic) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CMyStatic) ON_WM_CTLCOLOR() //}}AFX_MSG_MAP END_MESSAGE_MAP() //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// / // CMyStatic message handlers HBRUSH CMyStatic::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { H...

can't create item
can't create item, when i hit a link to e mail on a internet explorer . i get the error mesge .cant create item ...

SumIf
Hi =SUMIF(A6:A2000,"(left(a6:a2000,4))=(left($K$14,4))",F6:F2000) I want to create a sub total of all values in column F, at certain subtotal cells in column F where the the first 4 (or other to be set)characters of a code in cells a6 to a2000 match the first 4 characters in cell$K$14 (or other cell to be set). The above doesn't seem to work, is it possible? am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ritchi Try this array* formula: =SUM(IF(LEFT(A$6:A$2000,4)=LEFT($K$14,4),F$6:F$2000,0)) * As this is an array formula, then once you have typed it in (or s...

User Deleted From Active Directory Still holds a License
Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she still holds a license. How do I free up her license. I have tried threw the front end but it gives me the error "make sure object exsists in the active directory." any ideas Mark See the answer above. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:09:03 -0800, "ACDMark" <ACDMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she st...

Why does Exchange create its own profiles?
I had to recreate a user's Outlook profile, and when I went into the Control Panel, Mail, there were 35 BACKUP profiles, just called BACKUP ## or Outlook. I removed them, did the work I had to do, and checked again, and another one had been created. This one user gets this every time they open Outlook. Has anyone else come across this, or have any suggestions on what to check? We use Exchange 2003. ...

Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?
Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization Unit and some security groups under that OU. No changes that can't be simply undone... "Rifat Yavuz" <Rifat Yavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5E9FBF3-D8B5-4735-AC87-494AA2B81599@microsoft.com... > Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? thanks Chris Rifat Yavuz "Chris Resch" wrote: > No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization...

copy fields forward for new records.
I am trying to copy fields forward in a data entry form, so the user doesn't have to keep re-entering certain fields that usually stay the same. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks! Hi Open the form in design view and set the Default value of the control (right click the control and open the properties box to do this) Hope this helps -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ColbyS" wrote: > I am trying to copy fields forward in a data entry form, so the user doesn't > have to keep re-entering certain fields that usually stay the same. Anybody > know how to do...

Mapping Associated Entities when Converting a Lead to an Account
I have a Lead record that, over time, has had one or more items from a custom entity (Many-to-1 relationship) associated with it. (This is somewhat akin to multiple Contacts associated to a single Account record.) When I convert the Lead to an Account, I would like those associated records to also be associated with the newly-created Account record. Is this possible? Something similar is happening when creating a quote from an Opportunity. In this situation, the associated product items are associated with the new quote. So, I'm hoping that it can be done in other situations....