Creating CRM Users 02-22-05

HI,
Thanks for your response.  No there are no strange characters, the two
names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh.

These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is
independent of this live version, with out any problems.

Cheers

Ben
0
bsmallwo
2/22/2005 10:42:22 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

can you try add a user through the web interface to see if that works?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Ben Smallwood" <bsmallwo@softhome.net> wrote in message
> HI,
> Thanks for your response.  No there are no strange characters, the two
> names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh.
>
> These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is
> independent of this live version, with out any problems.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ben

0
John
2/23/2005 1:15:24 AM
Yep created them using the web interface without any problems.  Still
doesn't solve the deployment manager problem though.

Thanks for your continued help.

Ben
0
bsmallwo
2/23/2005 4:02:32 PM
i want to delete 1 user in the CRM deployment manager, could you tell me how
can i do that?
I don't know how you can do it in the deployment manager, but you can
administer the system better (in my opinion) from the web interface.
Look in settings, business units settings, users and you can add or
remove licences and users at will.

Sorry can't be of more help

Ben
0
bsmallwo

some Users can not connect to Server to fetch Emails !!! (URGENT)
hi dear friends we have Windows 2000 SP4 + Exchange 2000 SP3 installed and Post SP3 for exchange is installed too.users have Office 2003 SP2 installed ,we have defined S/R restriction for users for upto 5MB .now i have two questions first : users receive emails in their mailboxes that exceed 5MB limit .i want to know that how this occurs ? i think that they must not receive these emails . second : users use POP3 to fetch emails on their own computers ( .pst file )randomly we get these error that some users can not Send/Receive emails from server & Client Computer Hangs (Clients use Wi...

User Print Option
i have a user which has a customized security role, but the user can't find the print option, which option i should enable in his security role. thanks and regards. Mohamed El-Tayeb Hi Mohamed, Try this : Settings -> Business Unit Settings -> Security Roles -> <<Custom Security Role>> -> Business Management -> Miscellaneous Privileges -> Print - provide full access here. HTH, Niths "Mohamed El-Tayeb" wrote: > i have a user which has a customized security role, but the user can't find > the print option, which option i should enable...

How to backup reports created using SQL Reporting Services?
Can anyone please tell me how do I take backups of reports created through SQL Reporting Services (SSRS). Does anyone have documentation on procedure of backing up reports created with SQL Reporting Services? Also does anyone have steps on how to restore reports from backup? I have been assigned task to modify some reports using SQL Reporting Services. It is my first time working with SSRS reports, so I want to be sure to take a good backup of all the reports created so far using SSRS and I'd like to be able to know how to restore a report from backup in case something goes wrong....

updating user info #2
I'm wondering how I can go about updating users info in our network. We currently have roughly 1k user accounts that only display 1st and last name along with their display name, alias, city, state. No phone numbers or location etc. Best case here would be to allow the user to update their own info durring our required password changes and not be allowed to log on untill the proper feilds are filled out. Our users move from department to department, often so their info is wrong 90% of the time. Their info in Outlook will say the person is in city (a) meanwhile you come to find out...

CRM should have document templates and document generation
1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates inside CRM. 2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a client. 3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached. 4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

Integrating Windows Application with CRM
Hi I have a little windows client application which I would like to integrate with CRM. What I need to be able to do is to read the value in the field on CRM and use within my windows app. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I don't want to use a button on CRM as the record may not have been saved when this needs to be used so I what my third party app to be able to access the active field on the CRM page Thanks Julian ...

Deploying CRM on SBS
I am in the process of getting ready to install CRM 4.0 onto our 2003 SBS I need to update the SBS to sp1 for this to happen. I have downloaded all the parts for this. My main question is do i need to install all these parts if im not using any of those function on the SBS? i.e we dont have exchange or sharepoint on there. Also is there any other issue or problems people have found when installing CRM 4.0, is it best to use it with outlook 2003 or 2007? ...

How do I restore email when the user is long gone and the exchange
I have a request to restore an old mailbox for legal reasons. We have since upgraded from Exchange 2k to Exchange 2003 and that user's account has long since been removed from our network. I do have brick level backups of that old exchange server and should be able to retrieve the data but how or where would I restore it to? The request only requires that we get it into a PST that can be read. Thanks for any help, -- Michael E. McAteer Network Engineer MCSA, MCSE, CNA, A+ Brick Level backups will do you no good. Do you have a Backup of the information store? -- John Oliver, Jr ...

CRM 3.0 Errormessage: instance name must be the same as computer n
Hi I am trying to make a Test system / Disaster Recovery system of our CRM 3.0. I have installed a new SQL 2005 on the test system and restored a backup of master, model, msdb, METABASE, MSCRM, ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB. I can see the data in the database and access reports. When I try to install MSCRM 3.0, I get the error: "The instance name must be the same as computer name". I have tried to remove the computername in SQL Serve Management Studio by help of a stored procedure called: sp_dropserver and the sp_addserver, servername, local Is there any expert that ...

letting users reset their own password in owa
Does anyone know how i can let the end-users set their own password using OWA? thx Monica Implementing the Change Password feature with Outlook Web Access http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121/#appliesto -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Techie In Need" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OWPfRxosGHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how i can let the end-users set their own password using > OWA? > > thx > > Monica Just t...

Sending emails through CRM
currently using two CRM deployments (3.0). First CRM instance is routing through exchange - second CRM server is routing through the first CRM server to send outgoing emails and keeping getting error messages: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." Do both servers have to route directly to exchange seperately? Check the first CRM instance in IIS and ensure that the Virtual SMTP server is allowing the second CRM instance to route through it. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "LisaG" wrote: > currently usi...

create date from text
I'm trying to create a date in cell A4 from text in cells J1 & K1. J1="May", K1="2006". Is there a way to create a formula in cell A4 using a "1" for the day, and the month from cell J1, year from cell K1 that other cells would recognize as 5/1/2006? Thanks in advance. =datevalue(j1 & " 1, " & k1) Format it as a date. davegb wrote: > > I'm trying to create a date in cell A4 from text in cells J1 & K1. > J1="May", K1="2006". Is there a way to create a formula in cell A4 > using a "1"...

Linking AD Users To A Public Folder
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5305E.8E4E6A90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have a list of external (Non-Exchange) contacts created within an = organizational unit in Win2000. I would like to have a public folder = that links to this OU so certain people can view / change the contact = information as necessary. I'm using Exchange 2000. Can this be done? Thanks, --=20 Jason Silva York County FCU IT Manager BS-IT Student - UOP ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5305E....

Creating Calendars
Hi there, I am trying to create a calendar of clients birthdays. I have right clicked the calendar icon and created and named the calendar "Birthdays". I went to export data from the main calendar but I am having problems understanding how to map the fields in order for the contacts birthday info to be transferred. Could someone give me a step by step on this. I just want the person's name and birthdate. ...

Problem with Update Command User Interface Handler
I am trying to use both the UPDATE_COMMAND_UI and ON_COMMAND to control an item in a pop-up menu. I create these through the class wizard (VC++ 6.0). I'm creating the messages for the view class. What's happening is weird. If I use just ON_COMMAND, then it works fine. If I create UPDATE_COMMAND_UI, then I THOUGHT that the OnUpdate command would be called before the menu pops up, then my intention is to set the particular item to enabled or disabled conditionally. What happens is that the OnUpdate function is called when I click on the particular item in the menu; and the ON_CO...

One user unable to see reports
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem - a user is unable to view reports. Going to Workplace->Reports results in the "Server Error in '/' Application." error message. Sometimes the records page does load, but the list of reports is empty. Also, context sensitive reports don't show up in their regular places - in fact the reports button is completely gone from the forms that usually have it. I've tried other user logins and they have no problem viewing reports. Only this particular user has the error. Reports has been working for t...

Page Cannot Be Displayed when browsing Users and Permissions as a local Administrator
We have a sandbox that has Business Portal on it and we are using the Administrator account which hasn't been touched since we installed Windows 2003 Server. When we browse to Manage Business Portal Users box web parts say we are not authorized. We are browsing from a client machine logged in as Administrator so why can't we see our BP Users? Thanks in advance. ...

webform with a user control
Hi everybody. I have a webform with a user control. I build array of structures in the code of my webform. I want to use that array in the code of the user control. What's the best way to accomplish this? Thanks ...

Web Site Created with Publisher 2000
'Need your help folks. I've created a web site with Publisher 2000 and wish to have a counter to track number of visitors. Calls to my I.P. didn't prove to be fruitful. They gave me a script and told me just type the text on the page. Not only does this not work but it doesn't seem correct. My site is at: http://www.pacifier.com/~dschmidt/OSIA%20Vancouver%20USA/ and the script is there as string of text. What am I doing wrong?? Don Vancouver, USA Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Don Schmidt <RetiredEngr@BabyBell.fa...

Setup Woes--"Logged in as the same user you first ran setup on"?
Hi, I was just trying to install Publisher 2000 on my laptop (Windows ME is the OS). The last time I tried to install this program, the installation process was halted due to some other issues with my computer which have since then been resolved. My primary concern is with the message that I received after trying to continue the setup: "Microsoft Publisher 2000 setup requires that you complete setup while logged in as the same user you first ran setup on". After displaying this message setup terminates. What can I do to rectify this situation? T...

Multi-user but one Outlook
Hello, I want to step over from OE to Outlook (2000 that goes with my actual Office)but there are some questions arraising, where I am looking for help and advices. 1. On my lap I have 2 users (both mines) , one in the office on LAN with proxy, the other for home on modem. But I want both users use the same Outlook, with the same Inbox, contacts, sent items, ... How can I do that? Where are the different folders located and how can I bring the 2 instances to use the same folder location, but also avoid that messages are stored twice. I leave indeed always a copy for 30 days on the provi...

Find form (Entity) in CRM METABASE Database
Hi: I don't find the form dialog entity in Database. That is when display close opportunity action show a dialog. i need convert "IsCustomized" to 1, for me allow make changes. the name of the .aspx is "dlg_closeopp.aspx" and is not "OpportunityClose", this entity i did. i need the form dialog for make customizations. if somebody knows the name of the form dialog in the table Entity in Metabase database, please tell me. Thanks. ...

Importing from one CRM to another by name not display name
Hi All, Im trying to export and import the content of a custom entity. There are numerous fields with the same display name, but have different true names, making them unique. However, as you are probably aware, the export / import process by default uses the Display name as the column headers in the import csv. Is there any way to have it use the true field names instead?! Regards, DiDGE ...

Budget Wzard
We are trying to use the Budget Wizard for Excel and the process seems to take over 30 minutes before it finishes or it just freezes our workstation. Either way, the Budget ID or Excel Workbook is not created. We are using V 9.0 and Excel 2003. We had no problems in the past and this is not a new workstation. What is possibly wrong? Thanks, Although we have GP 10.0, when I import Budget data from Excel it usually may take between 30 to 90-120 minutes in processing 11500 plus accounts. Most of the time is sometime taken by the process of updating tables. So, 30 minut...

CRM 1.2 Professional and invoice?
Hello all I have a question on CRM 1.2 Professional. My question is: with CRM 1.2 Professional, does it include the capability to generate invoice and track company profit/loss? Or do i have to purchase additional modules or 3rd party software to generate invoices? Well, the invoice sales documents include the customer price, but not the item cost. However, products do include cost fields. Theoretically, if you mainteined costs for your items and required an entry for cost information for all line items (including both product catalolg and write-in items) you should have the data ...