Creating a quote, from a Word template?

We have the need to come up with a new price quote report for the CRM, as the
one created for us via SSRS just isn't good enough.  I'd like to be able to
use a template from MS Word to somehow generate the formatting for the
report.  Is this possible?  Or is the better option to hunker down and try to
come up with the visual equivalent of what I want in SSRS using Visual Studio?
--
Sketchy
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello sketchy,

Have you ever heard from our product WordMailMerge for MS CRM 3.0?

It gives you the possibility to generate quotes with predefined MS Word templates.
IF you are interested please contact me directly or look on our website www.mscrm-addons.com.
You
will find there some shockwave demos,.. which should give you a fealing of
how our solution can help
you in generating quotes and every other letter with MS Word and MS CRM.

Regards,
Christian Ternek
_________________________
www.mscrm-addons.com
Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!

WordMailMerge for MS CRM
GroupCalendar for MS CRM
Telephone Integration for MS CRM
EmailSignature for MS CRM

> We have the need to come up with a new price quote report for the CRM,
> as the one created for us via SSRS just isn't good enough.  I'd like
> to be able to use a template from MS Word to somehow generate the
> formatting for the report.  Is this possible?  Or is the better option
> to hunker down and try to come up with the visual equivalent of what I
> want in SSRS using Visual Studio?

0
Christian
2/9/2007 2:24:35 PM
Hello,
WordConnect is an add-on at Microsoft CRM and Microsoft Word wich creates a
full Office integration. You can make letters from all entities, also custom
made entitiet.
You also can make letters / quotes with 1:n relations, that means for a
quote that you can put the products in the letter.
Al least you can calculatie in Word, so it's makes your quote complete.

For more questions, see www.wordconnect.nl or contact me.

Best Regards
Jack Kuijper
j.kuijper@temptus.nl

"Christian Ternek (www.mscrm-addons.com)" wrote:

> Hello sketchy,
>
> Have you ever heard from our product WordMailMerge for MS CRM 3.0?
>
> It gives you the possibility to generate quotes with predefined MS Word templates.
> IF you are interested please contact me directly or look on our website www.mscrm-addons.com.
> You
> will find there some shockwave demos,.. which should give you a fealing of
> how our solution can help
> you in generating quotes and every other letter with MS Word and MS CRM.
>

> Regards,
> Christian Ternek
> _________________________
> www.mscrm-addons.com
> Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
>
> WordMailMerge for MS CRM
> GroupCalendar for MS CRM
> Telephone Integration for MS CRM
> EmailSignature for MS CRM
>
> > We have the need to come up with a new price quote report for the CRM,
> > as the one created for us via SSRS just isn't good enough.  I'd like
> > to be able to use a template from MS Word to somehow generate the
> > formatting for the report.  Is this possible?  Or is the better option
> > to hunker down and try to come up with the visual equivalent of what I
> > want in SSRS using Visual Studio?

error creating entryid... while using exmerge...
Hi, we got exchange2k3 on a sbs2k3 and use exmerge to build .pst�s for backup... since a few days we get error messages for two new mailboxes and no pst�s from them...: [19:00:03] Error creating EntryID for '/O=TESLA/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ZENTRALE' (GetMailboxInfoFromAB) [19:00:03] Error accessing directory object for '/O=TESLA/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ZENTRALE'. Ignoring this mailbox. [19:00:03] Error creating EntryID for '/O=TESLA/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=BUG' (GetMailboxInfoFromAB) [19:00:03] Er...

Using the "Menu" template
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello All, <br><br>I'm trying to create a restaurant menu using the menu template. How do you add more items under the section headers? For example under the &quot;Tempor&quot; section there are only three items listed. How would I add a fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. <br><br>Thanks in advance Most templates are designed to be used "as is". I order to add any more items to a document created from it, everything below where you want to add another item will have ...

Outlook 2007 ignoring "don't save changes" in calendar
HI, I have a strange problem with Outlook 2007 and am hoping someone can assist. It goes something like this: - I create a meeting request for 3pm today (the time doesn't matter) and send it to someone. - I then open up that appointment/meeting in my calendar and change the time to 5pm. - Before saving or sending the update I decide that I actually don't want to change the time of the meeting. - I press the X button to close the window and I'm asked whether I want to save the changes and send an update, or don't save changes. - I click don't save changes...

calendar template wrong dates
I downloaded a calendar template at: http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT010358990.aspx I spent several hours entering information into the months only to find later that the dates were wrong on the calendar. I downloaded: http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT010358990.aspx#ai:TC010364905| 2010 calendar with blue border. What is the secret here? endurobob I forgot to say that the days of the week and the dates on the template calendars from Microsoft are wrong for 2010. I don't get it. "endurobob" wrote: > I downloaded a calendar t...

Link to existing document, or create new from template
Hello, I have very little Access and Coding experience. I'm trying to create a simple database to let me track documents my office creates about certain events. For each event, we create an Excel file from a template, and a Word document from a template, then we send it for review to certain other offices. For my form coding question: On the form, once I get to the field "Word Document" I'd like Access to determine if a Word document is already attached to this record's specific primary key number. If not, open up a new one from the template (let's say c:\Word...

openning word file in excel
I have a simple word document that I want to open in excel. When I click on the .doc filename, I get the message: ...

Access/Excel/Word Challenge
Hi, I'm trying to decide the best approach to this problem and would appreciate any help: 1. I have a template for a report in Word that refers to fields in an Excel worksheet. 2. The Excel worksheet, however, is not set up to easily use in the Word template. Instead of one person with many fields (columns) I have the same name multiple times, with one column listing multiple pieces of information for each person, for example: First Last Cars Devices Jane Doe Altima Laptop Jane Doe Lexus Desktop J...

Two-digit Hours Format specifier "hh" doesn't work
Access help states that the Format property of a control on a form or report can be used to format the hours part of a time into two digits by specifying "hh", e.g., "dd-mmm-yyyy hh:nn:ss" should yield, e.g., 12-Jan-2010 00:00:00. OK, seems simple enough. It works for the day. It works for the minutes and seconds. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK FOR THE HOURS. Instead what I get is "12-Jan-2010 0:00:00". In other words, the hours are displayed with one digit AND NOT TWO. This is driving me crazy. Why doesn't this just work? -- Randy Yates ...

Creating a filter for a list box
I want to create a filter for a list box that I can turn off and on using a check box on the same form. Currently, I am using a query to filter the list box. The query serves as the data source for the box. Is there a way I can create a filter and then turn it on and off using a check box? Thank you for your help. Best, John Use criteria in the query like this --- Like IIf([forms]![myform]![mycheck]=-1,"*" & "s" & "*") & "*" The above only select items that have an 's' if box is checked. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a lit...

How do I lock down Footers in Powerpoint Templates?
I'm trying to create a new Corporate Presentation Template. I get everything as I want it and save it as a .pot file. But when I pull it up new in Powerpoint, the Footers are not locked down. I do not want them to be tamper-able. And if I save the Template as a Theme, the Footers disappear altogether... Any suggestions? This might get you started http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Old_Style_Slide_Numbers.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Nee-fer"...

Suddenly cannot create or print envelopes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) All of a sudden, I am unable to create envelopes on Microsoft Word for Mac. I click on &quot;Tools,&quot; then on &quot;envelopes,&quot; and type in address in delivery window, but when I click &quot;OK,&quot; I get only a blank document and it will not convert or print to an envelope. This happened very suddenly. Yesterday I printed about 8 envelopes, today -- nothing. ...

how to use disk created in Pub2003 on my Pub98?
I and my computer are older. How do i use a CD created with publisher 2003 when my computer is loaded only with publisher 98? You can't. Sorry. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "oldsaltjim" <oldsaltjim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:561C6ED1-818B-4BC4-A3A1-39FF6C766DE3@microsoft.com... >I and my computer are older. How do i use a CD created with publisher 2003 > when my computer is loaded only with publisher 98? If you are acquainted with the creator of the CD, have them create another one, Publisher 2003 can save files in th...

OWA2003 "Change Password" button problems?
The following link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823175 describes how to change the urlscan.ini file to allow things to pass through unaffected. However now that I've got the "Change Password" button to appear, I get a "file not found" error when I click on it. I've used their ..ini file with a few modifications (to loosen it for my environment). I think I understand that because I run Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2000, that I have to allow .htr files. I've done this but it still doesn't work. It says in one unqualified s...

Money 2004 crashes when requesting "account list"
I've been using Money for quite a while, and built a large file. I upgraded to 2004 when buying a new computer and imported the old file. When I request "Account List" from the button or the "Accounts & Bills" menu, the program declares an error and closes itself. The error message it transmit to Microsoft is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0002f2a5" Another Money file I have (tracking a different set of accounts) does not have this problem. I have tried remove and reinstalling the progr...

"compiler error, azwizard modul" on Word2007 startup
Used knowledgebase trouble steps. Apparently I am missing Office12 startup file. Any help appreciated. On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:48:01 -0800, DennisB <DennisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Used knowledgebase trouble steps. Apparently I am missing Office12 startup >file. > >Any help appreciated. Go to the folder %appdata%\Microsoft\Word\Startup and look for a file related to the Avery Dennison Label Wizard, possibly AZWizard.dot. If you find it, delete it -- it contains macro code that's incompatible with Word 2007. If you don't find it there...

Location of "Find Results" on Page.
Is it possible to change the location on the page, where FIND highlights the found cell? In the worksheet I am searching, some of the listings can have quite a few rows. When FIND locates and highlights the found cell, it appears in the middle of the page. And, some of the rows are below the bottom of the visible page. To be more specific, can Excel be changed to have the highlighted cell appear at the top of the page? Thanks Is this what you need? Sub findandscroll() Application.Goto Range(Columns(1) _ ..Find(4).Address), Scroll:=True End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Softw...

Error Msg: "Server Error in /Reports Application"
New install of CRM 3.0 on 2003 Server. SQL 2005 also on same box. browsing to "http://localhost/reports" shows error message noted in subject line. Title box is "Parser Error" and the content says 'Could not load type MicrosoftReportingServices.UI.GlobalApp' I tried logging in as local admin and domain admin - same error. Using Sql Server Management Studio - logging into "Database Engine" is OK, but receive following error when logging into "Report Services": "Unable to connect to remote server (System)" "No connection could b...

Error during the Client installation "No Domain User"
During the install of the client i become the error that the user are running the setup is not a domain user. All settings of alle maschines here are the same, alle rights for the user on the SBS2003 are the same. Have any one a Idear? The user should be a member of the domain the Server was installed in. On the CRM Server or Domain Server box, run DSA.MSC and under the Users branch of the domain tree, verify the user is in the list. -- Arne Marquez Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lendrod" <L...

Events template
Hi After experimenting with Access for a few weeks, etc I am now using the Events template to create a database of events... but things are not working as I expected. Here is what I have done so far: I added fields to the Events Table (in Supporting Objects) - things like "Date of Event" "Catering Option" and a few others - text boxes/ check boxes. I used the Event Details form (in Events) to add the events we currently have booked. This filled in the Events Table - but not the Events List (in Events) which I assumed was fed from the table. I then adde...

"Do you want to close this window?"
Recently, I've been getting an alert window with the following question; "Do you want to close this window?" Is there a way to not have this appear? A fix? I have IE 8 and Windows XP with SP3 Many thanks, -- Don Vancouver, USA usually its from a web site that is telling you you're about to leave that site ect. there is a way to do it but i don't rember it off hand. -- AL'S COMPUTERS "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message news:z-udnQ-zYr_0RYvWnZ2dnUVZ_g6dnZ2d@posted.palinacquisition... &g...

Can't edit my word document!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a new document, saved it. Went back to edit it and make changes and I can't. No curser even appears for me to select a word to change. I can add and remove text boxes, but nothing else. It's behaving like a PDF... but it's saved as a doc.x <br><br>Please help! Thanks! Answered elsewhere... Please stick to your original thread so we can keep track of things. On 7/04/10 11:02 AM, in article 59bb6991.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunmarin@officeformac.com" <sun...

Your Web site should let me send a sample template that I created.
I tried to find a template that meets my needs. It does not exist on the MS site. So I took the time to modify one you did have for my purpose. I'd love to share the one I made with others. However, your template site is very impersonal and does not allow anyone to send their suggestions. In addition, there is no way to email Microsoft--or if there is, you make it extremely difficult. This makes it seem like MS just doesn't care about the users. It's like MS is an aloof controller of computers who tells users to go talk amongst themselves. I'm quite disappointe...

Exporting to text, cells with comma's are placed in quotes. ->Bad
I am exporting Excel worksheets to text files. Currently data like this: RGB(0, 0, 255) is placed in quotes when I export. I need to prevent the insertion of the quotations. How do I do this? Pallid, Use a macro to create the output. The quotes were put there to prevent the string being broken into three cells, based on the commas. Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm for an example of how to export to a text file. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "pallid" <pallid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074AF578-EEB7-446D-95A9-3B9A55D89650@microsoft....

Using formula to create multiple versions of a Graphs
I would like to be able to use a formula in an Excel 2003 graph, to dynamically modify the source and lable data of a graph based on a cell reference. For Example: When I enter the number 1 into cell "a1" I would like to have the graph automatically change to show the map points related to report 1, when I enter 2 inot "A1", I would like the source data to change to show points related to report 2. How can this be done? On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, BarryL <BarryL@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I would like to be able to use a...

Saving a MS Word Document
Version: 2008 I have opened a MS Word Document using the Office: mac 2008 program. When I try to save it back to the external drive the message says the file is read only and I must rename it and save it to the iMac. Is there a way to say the renamed document to the external drive? <br><br>Thanks for your help Yes. File>Save As enables you to choose the location. Check the Mac Help topic "Saving documents you create". Cheers On 24/04/10 1:23 AM, in article 59bb7592.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Ventress__J.D.@officeformac.com" <Ventress__J...