Creating a Development Environment - Redeployment

We are going through a process of creating a development environment
for two reasons:

1. to have a valid dev enviornment
2. to create a staging and test area in order to install CRM 4.0.

I have not had to do much with the redeployment wizard at all and I
was curious if there is any information on how it works? And is this
what we will use to replicate our data into the new environment?

0
bradlaw (133)
3/27/2008 8:54:26 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I assume you're talking about redeploying a CRM 3.0 environment?  if so,
then yes the Redeployment Tool is your one and only option.  it's documented
as well as anything is documented in the CRM, and works reasonably well as
long as your AD is in generally good shape.

On your CRM 3.0 CD, you will find a folder called "Redeployment".  Inside
that folder you wil find a PDF with full instructions on how to use it.

Dave Ireland

"BLAW" <bradlaw@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We are going through a process of creating a development environment
> for two reasons:
>
> 1. to have a valid dev enviornment
> 2. to create a staging and test area in order to install CRM 4.0.
>
> I have not had to do much with the redeployment wizard at all and I
> was curious if there is any information on how it works? And is this
> what we will use to replicate our data into the new environment?

0
direland (470)
3/28/2008 1:20:24 AM
Thanks I found the documentation, is there any change that production
could be impacted during this process? The Fabrikan Inc, scenario in
my documentation is going from a test to a production environment. I
am going from Prod to create a test environment. Yes this is all 3.0,
we are going to upgrade the new dev environment to 4.0 which is the
test bed for production migration to 4.0.
0
bradlaw (133)
3/28/2008 3:12:29 PM
no, it's safe if you follow the instructions.  it's the only way to do what
you are trying to do, unfortunately.

Dave

> Thanks I found the documentation, is there any change that production
> could be impacted during this process? The Fabrikan Inc, scenario in
> my documentation is going from a test to a production environment. I
> am going from Prod to create a test environment. Yes this is all 3.0,
> we are going to upgrade the new dev environment to 4.0 which is the
> test bed for production migration to 4.0.

0
direland (470)

Creating XML element from XPath

Creating a userform?
I would like to enter data to a speadsheet with a userform. I want enter the data in a form that will automatically insert the data to the correct cells in my spreadsheet. And then allow me to enter new data on the next line below. Is this possible? I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 42 towards the top of my home page. In here I have tried to explain, as clearly as possible, what you need to do to set up and use a Form in EXCEL 2007. There is a simple worked example for you to work through if you want to. Please d...

limit domain admin group access in Exchange environment
We have exchange 2003 and we need to limit the access the domain admins have from editing accounts but it still allows them to view key fuctions like view the Exchange server manager console, but are not able to edit the mailboxes or accounts. Thanks Right, you shouldn't make those people "Domain Admins". They should have rights only on applicable OUs. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2CE5FB8-C280-4213-8828-2C7B860524C6@microsoft.com......

Marginal Abatement Cost
I want to create a marginal abatement cost (MAC) column chart in Excel 2003. The data I am using is sorted for cost ($/tonne/year). Then I have a marginal abatement (tonnes of CO2-e) and cumulative marginal abatement (also tonnes of CO2-e). On the x axis I will have cost. The y axis shall be marginal abatement, the width of the columns shall represent the marginal abatement, and their location on the axis will be determined by the cumulative marginal abatement. Since the data is sorted for cost, the chart shall show increasing cost with an increasing cumulative marginal abatement. ...

add custom fields after redeploy
I redeployed a MSCRM install to a virtual environment. The redeploy worked fine, but I can't add custom fields. I get an error saying that the Publisher is not the original publisher for CRM. I had to manually create the distributor and the publications. Any help is appreciated. this is the answer i think ============ appears this is caused by replication not being setup correctly =========================== You have redeployed Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2 by using the Redeployment Tool. You try to add a new custom field to Microsoft CRM by using the Schema Manager in Micro...

Help creating a recital program book/several pages w/pictures and
I am creating a recital program book. It will be a 8 1/2 x 11 book with pictures, text and advertising and it will be in color. Over the years others who have created this book have just simply used the "publications for print" and other sources and the book hasn't been all that great (only the pub for print pages were good). Since I will be working on it, I want it to be great! I was assuming when I began this project that there was something already set up to help me create a multi-page book, but I am not finding it. I need something that I can create simil...

Add previously created pages to book template
Is there a way to insert complete pages that was created in puplisher into a new template? Thanks With both files opened (two runnings of Publisher) you could copy/paste from one to the other. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Chatterless" <Chatterless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BB18D39-B470-468A-82E6-38DB433D835A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert complete pages that was created in puplisher into > a > new template? > > Thanks ...

Money can't open this file because it was created using a differen
my (backup and money 2002 edition) files wont open in my newly installed 2006 edition (Premium). I tryies to convert it but it fails. When I open the fine, I receive the message below: Money can't open this file because it was created using a different version of Money I do not have the Money 2002 CDRom anymore but I do need to open my money file to review accounting. Any help is welcome In microsoft.public.money, Jehan wrote: >my (backup and money 2002 edition) files wont open in my newly installed >2006 edition (Premium). I tryies to convert it but it fails. >When I open t...

Create a template
I am trying to create a template which includes a verticle line inserted along the left margin on each page as the document increases in the number of pages. Using borders doesn't work, at least not that I know of. The line must extend from the bottom of the header to the top of the footer and be capped by a 1/2" line extending to the right from the top of the line. It must appear on each page of the document. You can anchor drawing lines to the header; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words i...

It it possible to create a database in Access for this:
Hi, Im trying to create a database, but not having much luck. Im new to MS Access. I would like to use a switchboard that people open - it will be used by at least 6 people - so when they open it they have 3 or 4 options to choose from - nice a simple - not confusing for anyone on where to go or what to do. On that i was going to add a form to fill in details on clients. Then from the information that is added in that goes to a table. Such as Name, Number, DOB, location will be filled out for each client. Under that - 10 drop down menus to click on different jobs. Each job goes into a sep...

How to create xml elements with special chars
Hi, newbie that i am in .Net, i'm trying to add "D/T" as a new element in C# : XmlElement elemAttr = (XmlElement)m_xmlDoc.AppendChild(m_xmlDoc.CreateElement("D/T" ) ); but the framework throws an XmlException ... how do i overcome this ? do i have to parse the string for special chars myself ? please advise, thanks , nim_co. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! I don't think that you can. The XML standard limits the characters you can use (http://www.w3.org/TR/xml11/#dt-elem...

Create an owner drawn ListBox
Hi everybody, i have a problem creating a owner drawn ListBox. I need a ListBox that accepts graphic icons (.ico) files between the text (e.g. some text [myIcon.ico] more text and then another icon [myIcon.ico] and some text ) So i I am assuming that this is only possible creating a owner drawn ListBox. I'm a beginner, so an simple example would be nice. Thanks in advance, Gladys You might want to look at this http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/vasu/OwnerDrawListBoxWithIcons11212= 005071009AM/OwnerDrawListBoxWithIcons.aspx and http://www.devx.com/d...

Cannot see neither access newly created mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients", "Users with exchange mailbox"). Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking ...

Vbscript to create sites on a windows 2008 DC
Hello, I am trying to use this script provided by MS to create a site on my windows 2008 DC: However, it does not work. I get an error saying:There is a naming violation for line: Set objSite = objSitesContainer.Create("site", strSiteRDN) objSite.SetInfo Here is the script. Is it not intended to work in windows 2008? Thanks! strSiteRDN = "cn=Ga-Atl-Sales" strSiteLinkRDN = "cn=DEFAULTIPSITELINK" strSiteLinkType = "IP" Const ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND = 3 Set objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://RootDSE...

help with coding
Hi All, I have been doing some search on this topic and require some coding help. I want to create a login form which checks for username, pwd and securitylevel and accordingly give access to certain queries , forms and reports. I do not want to use the Access user level security wizard and want to create a separate security module. I have come across this code posted by Klatuu which is probably the solution i am looking for. Public Function SetSecurityProp(UserInitials As String, SecurityLevel As Integer) As Boolean Dim prp As Property Const conPropNotFound As Integer = 3270 ...

Can I create a report from this without a macro?
(XL2007) My data is presented in 5-row groups. Cols A, B, and C have my identifiers; col AU has a text value I need to include. Headers in row 9; cells in cols A, B and C are merged in groups of five (A10:A14 merged, A15:19 merged, etc, and same for B and C); in the Name Box, though, data in the A10:A14 merged group shows up as A10. Col A is the major group, col B is the sub-group, and col C is the ID number of the sub-group. What I would like is something like a pivot table. I tried that, though, and XL told me I didn't have a valid range, or valid headers, or something like that. ...

Setting account specific environment variables
Is it possible to set an enviroment variable for a Standard User Account? If so, how is that done? Do you use the System Control Panel? Thanks for your help, Chris On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:56:23 -0500, Chris wrote: > Is it possible to set an enviroment variable for a Standard User > Account? If so, how is that done? Do you use the System Control > Panel? > > Thanks for your help, > > Chris If you mean "can a standard user set an environment variable", I don't know for sure if you can, but I would think you could. CP -> System a...

Excel 2003: Creating a dashboard and smaller charts get squished
Hi- I'm creating a dashboard with some large and small line charts using the "Camera" functionality. The display looks great, but when I click Print Preview or Print, the chart area on the smaller charts gets squished and unreadable. I have to exit without saving in order for the charts areas to be viewable. Any suggestions? Hi, As with any graphic, if you make it too small the print preview screen may not be able to display it properly, and for you printer the print drivers and maximum resolution will effect the printout. I made a small Camera tool chart and in print...

Creating an excel file specification for an access query
I am trying to export a query into excel. Is there a way to create an excel file specifications. Any help is appreciated thanks ...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #5
They're just name values, pulled from a database. What was strange i that some of the formats tok correctly, others applied another condito (i.e. Sally Smith was supposed to be green but came out red)P -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 ...

Develop apps using VB2008 w/o admin privileges?
Hello all, I am getting started with VS2008, I just installed it on my work PC with Win XP SP2. I am; however, noticing that apparently I need local admin privileges to get any project started. Is this correct? Are any of you developing apps with VB 2008 who do not have admin privileges? I have Power User (PU) privileges at this time. Is there any way to put together an app using this product with only these (PU) privileges? Since I had to install another system app I was given temp admin privileges, so the VS 2008 install went well, but when I restarted Windows the next day to fi...

How do I create an address book in excel?
I need to create a snail mail address book and I understand I can do that in excel but have been unable to figure out how as I dont know this program well. Thank You for your help. Toothfairy wrote: > I need to create a snail mail address book and I understand I can do that in > excel but have been unable to figure out how as I dont know this program > well. Thank You for your help. If you have Excel 2003 here's a template ready to use. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=address+book Watch for line wrap on the URL gls858 It can be argued ...

how to create eight-fold booklet?
How do I create an eight-fold booklet, one of the ones you make with little kids, with eight pages on a single-sided sheet of paper that you later fold. Dimensions ~2.75" x 4.25" per small page, on an 8.5" x 11" paper? Tried doing it with "multiple pages per sheet", but it just gave me business cards. Using Publisher 2007. Take a look at PocketMod. I have an example on my web site that includes Publisher instructions. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm There is the official site with a YouTube video. http://www.pocketmod.com/ -- Mary Sauer h...

Creating CHQ and CHW file for HTML Help system
Hi All, I am creating CHM Files using HTML Help workshop. But I also want to create CHQ and CHW file. How I can create these files. Thanking you Regards, Ritu, > I am creating CHM Files using HTML Help workshop. But I also want to > create CHQ and CHW file. How I can create these files. A .chw file is automatically created when you merge multiple help files at run time and then click the Index tab of the "master" file. You can find instructions on how to merge help files here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/vsconmerge2.asp The .chw file stores ...

How do I create line borders with rounded edges in Publisher 2002
Using either the stock line art or borderart, I need to create and configure (adjustable line types and weight) round-edged borders. It would ge even greater if I can also control the level of 'roundness'. What you want is a graphics program. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "raydo" <raydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC14D74F-5693-47D5-A61F-818037BEB209@microsoft.com... > Using either the stock line art or borderart, I need to create and > configure > (adjustable line types and weight) round-edged borders. It would ge ...