Creating a Campaign Response via Follow-up

When you create a new Task/Phone Call or other activity via the Follow-up
tab, the new Activity is associated with the entity you are looking at.  (so
following up a Contact with a Phone Call will create a Phone Call which is
associated with the Contact)

This is not the case for the Campaign Response activity - when you create a
Campaign Response via the Follow-up tab, the Customer field (ie regarding) is
left blank and hence not associated with anyone.

Presumably this is a bug - anyone know if there is a hotfix for this?

Kind Regards, Paul.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Problem Creating Public Folder Mails.
Hi Everybody, I have just configured the Public folder in my exchange 2003 with SP2 Server. when i am sending mail from MAPI client to the public folder its deliver the normal Mail to the public folder. But the same think I am sending from POP3 Client its delivered to the Post. why? Please write to me how to resolve this problem? Appreceited if somone could clarify me on that. Thanks, Rangaraj ...

Does Preview Pane create a virus vulnerability?
I have my Outlook 2002 set so that the headers are on top and a preview of the email is below. Does that open me up to the possibility of receiving a virus or malicious code even if I don't open attachments? Would anti-virus software guard against this? Thanks! Ed It's possible, yes - but you should have good AV software installed anyway, and a firewall - both are pretty much mandatory on all networked computers (connecting to the Internet through a modem counts as that, too!) Your AV software should be updated regularly - try daily if possible. Keep Windows and all your office ap...

Outlook 2007 with SharPoint Services to create Meeting Workspaces
I see that there is a download for SharePoint Services SP1. I write to inquire if this can be used to enable the meeting workspace feature in the scheduling portion of calendar. Rephrased, can this sharepoint services be used to make my computer its own SharePoint Site so that I can invite others for presentations. If so, is there further configuration information available. Ideally, I would want to: - Show PowerPoint Presentations to attendees - Show Milestones, tasks, alerts to attendees - Retain meeting content Much thanks for an informed opinion as I await a reply...

Can't get past "Unable to Create the log path" when restoring
Hi. This is driving me nuts. We are running Exchange 2003. I have created a Recovery Storage Group and am trying to restore to it from an online (ntbackup) backup, but can't get past the message "Unable to Create the log path. Check to insure that it is a valid path" message when I hit the "Restore Now" button and fill out the information on where to restore to (the server with my recovery storage group on it - TESTDCEXCH) and the location for my log and patch files (e:\Rest_Log). History is: Exchange knows our production server as EXCHANGE Exchange knows the...

Connect only via wired network connection
Is there a way to force outlook to only connect via a hard-wired network connection? At work, we have both a wireless and wired connection (and at home I only use the wireless connection.) I have Outlook in my startup group to load it upon startup. Recently, it began attemplting to connect to the internet via the wireless connection instead of the wired connection, which it cannot do. Prior to this change, it used to startup at home in Offline mode. Now, at work, I am forced to disable the wireless connection and then start Outlook and finally re-enable the wireless. I hope so...

Sending Email from Access via Lotus Notes
I have a database and I want to be able to send out an email to everyone within the employees table (tblemployees) that has an email address, I have a field called EmailAddress and this has been pre-set as a hyperlilnk using "mailto:". I basically just want to have a command button that will email all employees who have email addresses witin the list every 6 months, I do not want to attach anything but do want some text to show in the body of the email. I am using Access 97 and Lotus Notes 5.0.8. Any help would be very much appeciated. Here are a few Lotus Notes emailing f...

Duplicate Worksheets created
Hi There I have an issue withone of the databases. In HQ Manager when I try to create any worksheet and approve it the manager will create two fo the same kind. One approved and one new (not Approved). When I open either worksheet I find that there are no stores assigned in it. I am using RMS V2.0.0127. Any ideas on what this issue may be casued by or how to rectify this will help. -- Cheers Topi This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0059_01CA5BB7.80EF7540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable...

unable to connect to Exchange Server via Outlook 2003
I upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000 and can no longer connect to my office Exchange Server (through a VPN). I get a message that the server is unavailable and an error number: 0x8004011D. Everything was working just fine via Outlook 2000. Note: I've seen similar posts and the suggested action was to create a new mail profile. However, I can't "Check Names" for the new profile until I'm successfully connected via Outlook (a Catch 22). Any suggestions? Thanks! - Mike I am having the same problem except I don't have a Microsoft Exchange Server. I need ...

Unable to Access Money 2004 via Remote Desktop
I have Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Money 2004. When I am at the computer, I am able to launch Microsoft Money 2004 and open my Money data file without error. When I connect to the computer through remote desktop and try to access that data file, Money 2004 always reports I have typed in an incorrect password. When I try to create a new money data file through the remote connection, Money 2004 reports the new file cannot be created. If I login as the administrator, I am able to open Money and the data file without error both on the computer and remotely. It seems clear th...

Remotely viewing a desktop via TCP/IP
Dear experts, I have this very critical feature i need to add to my windows application. My application should allow the user to view a remote desktop (TCP/IP linked) . I know there are professional software that can let you take control over a remote PC and stuff but that is not what i'm looking for. What i'm looking for is just to be able to view the remote desktop . COM, RPC, ? I do not really know how simple this can be done and especially how to get started. I know this can appear to be hard but i want to know so i can avoid the bad choice and gain maximum time. Many thanks ...

smtp.live.com via windows vistas built in mail : SSL error
I am using Vistas Winmail ( not "livemail" ) and I use it for a hotmail account. Don't tell me it does not work, because it did all the time succesfully in and out for months. Hotmail is not possible via pop3 is a myth.It also works via Outlook Express on xp. I needed to format the laptop and reinstall vista, so am starting from new. I have installed every Servicepack and Update available to the OS via automatic updates. Account : Username myname@msn.com and the Live ID password ( same as for messenger and so - it works ) - Server : pop3.live.com / secur...

How to create 2 charts on one page
I have created a yearly chart for widgets accomplished in Excel (has 4 data lines). I would like to add another chart directly below this to show the turn-time for accomplishing the widgets. It would have the same X-axis values (months of the year). I tried using a secondary Y axis, and the chart is just unreadable with this approach. Can this be done. HELP. You haven't told us why it's unreadable, so I doubt that we can help. If your problem is that the two sets of data are overlapping, and you said you wanted the second chart *below* the first one, try adjusting the scales on...

"No indexers" on creating "New Shared Services Provider "
Hi to all, I've this problem, I what to create the new and first "Shared Services Provider", but on "Index Server" section I don't find any Index Server (in combo-box). What can I do? Where am I wrong? Bye Dario Concilio Make sure you configured and started the Search services. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Dario Concilio MCP" <dario.concilio@hotmail.it> wrote in message news:uhcKStDzKHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi to all, > I've this problem, I what to creat...

COleDispatchDriver::AttachDispatch equivalent via #import
Hello, I have an ATL in-proc server and an MFC exe. They both use COleDispatchDriver to automate Excel. I am trying to change to #import. Using COleDispatchDriver, COM method parameters are LPDISPATCH. I would prefer to not change that. How can I extract and insert the LPDISPATCH when using #import and the generated smart pointers? -- Bill Swartz, PhD Voss Scientific ...

Create Range from Range
Excel VBA: Let's say I have a range object set to be from B2:F6, and i need to make another range object to be the last row of my original range. (New range to be B6:F6) How would i go about doing this? I tried the .Resize option, but that only works from the top left cell of a range. DK VBA Code: -------------------- Set xxx = Range("B2:F6") Set yyy = xxx.Resize(1).Offset(xxx.Rows.Count - 1) yyy.Select -------------------- dksaluki;721668 Wrote: > Excel VBA: > Let's say I have a range object set to be from B2:F6, and i...

ability to create miscellaneous purchase orders
It would be nice to be able to create miscellaneous type purchase orders that do not need to follow a distribution type format. This PO type would just have a description field, you would not be required to receive the PO prior to matching the invoice, and you would be able to match multiple invoices to the PO based on the dollars, not the quantity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fol...

The Subject Tree is in a different order following 4.0 upgrade
We are working with an instance of CRM that has a quite extensive subject tree. Following the upgrade to V4.0, some of the level 2 or level 3 subjects display in a different order. The subject tree in 3.0 always displayed in alphabetical order but in 4.0 this is not the case. Has anyone else seen this, and is there a way to re-order the subject tree. Yes, I have experienced the same issue with CRM 4.0 at one of the clients. I believed this is a bug in CRM and you should open a support case with Microsoft support to see if they have a hotfix for this issue. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

How to create mailbox for users from child domains?
We have a win2003 ADS with about 10 child domains located in different geographic locations. We have one exchanmge 2003 server running in the HQ for email. In each child domain, I don't want to setup a exchange server, instead I want to use HQ server for everybody. What Do I need to do to setup mailboxes for child domain users? Thanks, Rick You need to run exchange setup with /domainprep in every child domain where you want to setup mailboxes Nebojsa Seslija "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23E77FF5-6AE5-41C9-9C9F-AD7033932C30@mic...

Create dynamic code by using Reflection
Hi! I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to create the code dynamically ? Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? It's much much easier to create the code in the normal way. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OZ4CzBO9KHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to > create the code dynamically ? > Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? > It's much much ea...

Creating a Form #2
Hi: I am trying to create a database of people that attended my mortgage seminar. But instead of giving them a 4x6 piece of paper to write their information on, I will have my laptop at the booth and have them fill out the information that is created in an excel form. It's just to hard to read people's handwriting these days. I am trying to create a form that once someone's fills it out their information will automatically go to another part of the worksheet. But what I don't know how to do is get rid of the previous person's information before the next person fills ...

Creating Appointments or Meeting through Contacts without emailing
Outlook 2007 - I want to set up a meeting or appointment with a client and have it link to calendar - but I don't want to email a request to the client (Meeting request tab forces you to email). In 2003, this was easy and pain free. I know how to link from Calendar to Contact but not in reverse. Please assist. John Tell how how it was "easy" in Outlook 2003 and why it does not work the same in 2007? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: htt...

Data Consolidating Worksheets
When using data consolidation and clicking on the "create link to source data", when returning to the summary sheet and clicking on the + sign - I see the FILE name there instead of the SHEET tab the information came from (which doesn't make sense). Here's an example: RAIL TOURS is the total (which has the + next to it. When I click the +, I do not expect to see 2Travel1. I EXPECT to see that the the sheet called AFRICA, the 2nd from INDIA, etc. Instead, it's reflecting the name of the sheet. IF I click on 233,440 on my sheet - I see in the formula that it&...

How can i create a vignette effect on a photo in publisher
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh.... big mysterious white space... eek! I can type in it! -- Ed Bennett http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignette_%28graphic_design%29 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23Qbq8477GHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh.... big mysterious white space... > eek! I can type in it! > > -- > Ed...

can't create rules in outlook

No response from AdvisorFYI
I'm using Money 2002 and can't get AdvisorFYI feature to work. High or Low Investment Prices do not trigger a reminder and neither does Account Balances. The Importance Dates element works, but is in a different section of the Home Page. I cant get anything to trigger a reminder under the "AdvisorFYI (All)" section. Anyone got a clue? ...