create logical user

I was wondering if it is possible to create a new Logical User for workflow
purposes.

For Example, in my workflow I want send mail to the [owners manager] and
[practice manager] - is it possible to create this new logical user by
referencing a field on the Lead & Opportunity forms...
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

As far as I know, there is no way to do this.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B4D2F6D7-1ACE-4B0E-85CF-AFB034E47633@microsoft.com...
I was wondering if it is possible to create a new Logical User for workflow
purposes.

For Example, in my workflow I want send mail to the [owners manager] and
[practice manager] - is it possible to create this new logical user by
referencing a field on the Lead & Opportunity forms...

0
Matt

Can Publisher create a design set from a business card layout?
I designed my own business card in Publisher, and am quite happy with the results.I had them printed at a commercial printer, and they look great. I'd like to be able to have consistent marketing materials that match it, and wondered if it's possible to create my own design set from the business card I designed in Publisher. I know that you can pick pre-defined design sets, but I'd prefer something a little more customized to my needs. Am currently using Office Pro 2003 sp2. Looking for any suggestions on how to make this happen without having to create new templates for e...

help creating budget roll-up from multiple spreadsheets and updating with actuals monthly
I'm searching for the best solution for our budgeting and monthly reporting. I have decent excel skills but don't know how to write VBA and have never used arrays. I have created simple pivot tables. I don't have any access training. My reporting is done once annually when we create the unit budget and then monthly with a comparison to actuals. At budget time, I receive 156 different spreadsheets with the budgets. See Exhibit A below. I would just receive the budget numbers at this time. Currently, I manually type the Project totals into one master spreadsheet. See Exhibit...

How do I create an Excel database?
I am a new user, and am required to create an Excel database. Any hints would be helpful. The online documents are not clear. Also, where is the "Field button" ?I am using 2003 Standard Edition. Where are you getting "field button"? The best way is to simply put column headings in row 1, and your first record in row 2. Other than that, we'll need more information. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Kenn Holmberg" <Kenn Holmberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5208F078-B149-44D4-B536-17E29...

Need help on Logic test!!!
Need some help. This is the formula I have now. It figures a salary range and a categorilcally eligible logic test. If a household with x number of people (A10) makes n they are free or reduced or paid. The differnce for each increment is 4200 for the free category and 6000 for the reduced and paid category. =IF(L3<=(A10*4200+8203),"Free",IF(L3<=(A10*6000+11674),"Reduced","Paid")) What do you do if the difference isn't the same. What if x = 1 and on the next cell n = 2 and the jump from income is 1000 to 2004 and then for a houselhold of 3, ...

Adding CRM User
Hi, I have installed MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 (Enterprise Evaluation Version) in a VM. Accessing the CRM with admin login works fine. When I try to login as other Active Directory user, I am getting the following error message. "No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and user ID. A Microsoft Dynamics CRM user record does not exist with the specified domain name and user ID." So, I logged in as admin and tried adding the active directory user. It is taking all the information related to the user from active directory. (User's Last Name etc). However...

Creating a dyanmic pivot table
I am in the process of creating a macro which will be able to select a table and create a pivot table based on that data. The data changes on a weekly basis. ie the number of rows. How do i create a table based on this The code i have seem to only accept "hard coded" data ranges. ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "'Duplicates Removed'!R1C1:R11356").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:="", _ TableName:="PivotTable3" ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard TableDestination:=ActiveSheet.Cells(3, 1) Act...

Creating a timer or "stop watch" in excel.
I'm trying to create a timer in an Excel spread sheet. The spread sheet is used for timed tests etc. and I was tryingn to figure out if there is a way of writing a macro to easliy start and stop time? Hi have a look at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm (at the bottom of this site) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dan G wrote: > I'm trying to create a timer in an Excel spread sheet. The spread > sheet is used for timed tests etc. and I was tryingn to figure out if > there is a way of writing a macro to easliy start and stop time? ...

keeping users out
Is there a way to keep end users from trying to access their email while I am working on the server? Basically I need the whole box up and running like it should with the exception of everyone trying to access their accounts. This is exchange2k Thanks Vince I don't know if this works in Exchange 2000, but there is this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146764/en-us why do you want users to not be able to connect? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30F9DB71-51C6-4EFA-898F-508FC71EA7C9@microsoft.com... >...

newbie trying to create mailboxes
I am writing a Active directory program, im stuck on the bit where I add mailboxes to accounts. I got some code of the microsoft website that creates a mailbox for a specified user, I need to create a mailbox for all users in a group called TaxGroup in the users container.Could I get some help modifying it to add the a Group. Dim oIADSUser Dim oMailbox Set oIADS = GetObject("LDAP://RootDSE") strDefaultNC = oIADS.Get("defaultnamingcontext") 'MsgBox FindAnyMDB("CN=Configuration," & strDefaultNC) 'TODO: Use the newly created domain user account to repl...

Scheduling activities for different users
Is it possible to schedule an activity and assign it to different users in one go in MSCRM 3.0? To define it more clearly, manager would like to schedule a period for the sales persons during that time Sales persons should visit n number of customers. He will create one activity and distribute it to different sales persons. ...

How to use matrix operations to create a "lag value" matrix
Let's suppose I've got an array that has values 100,200,300,400. What could I do w/ matrix formulas to implicitly construct a 4x4 matrix that looks like: 1,2,3,4 0,1,2,3 0,0,1,2 0,0,0,1 The above is just a wedge that has each row "lagged" from the previous. I can do it explicitly by creating the lag matrix w/ lookup functions right on the sheet, but curious if I might be able to do it right in the formulas. That way I'd avoid the burden of creating lots of utility calculation areas in the workbook. (Aside - use case: These matrices are instrumental to modeling cumul...

Using User entity's email2 to send email
There are 2 fields for email addresses in the user entity and I was wondering if there is a way to send just to the email2 or to both at the same time. ...

Creating a pie chart
I am trying to create a pie chart using four categories that 8 people ranked the categories using 1-4 by which is more of a priority. First you'll need to get the data into a form of Cat 1 Data for Pie Cat 2 Pie Data Cat 3 Pie Data Cat 4 Pie data "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C382264-3DCF-41EF-BDA8-742F797CC3D1@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a pie chart using four categories that 8 people ranked > the categories using 1-4 by which is more of a priority. ...

File Reservation error on shared Excel 97 spreadsheet, need help preventing it. 10 users accessing it, but can't always make changes.
File Reservation error on shared Excel 97 spreadsheet, need help preventing it. I have a shared Excel 97 spreadsheet located on a Windows 2000 Server. There are about 10 computers that share access to it. The spreadsheet was setup just a few weeks ago. What should happen is the first computer that opens the file has Read/Write access. When additional users access it, they get a message saying it's in use by (User Name) for Read Only access or Notify them when it's available for editing. On occasion, the user with Read / Write access will close the file down, but the other users w...

create user on AD server
Hi, I want to create an application which on passing a user id & password will create that user on windows 2003 AD server. I used netuseradd API to do this, but was not able to create user on AD server & boot my system with that user. CAn anybody please help me do this. if i am doing right what could be the problem. i am getting unknown user type error. i found few scripts but they need to be run on server itself not on remote system in network. Thanks On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:13:25 -0700, Dipesh_Sharma <DipeshSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: � Hi, � I w...

FS filter driver post create
I am trying to scan files in user land when a file write happens to a USB drive. My FS filter is attached to the drive I am interested in. When I copy a file to the drive and capture the windbg log, I see that for every copy, post cretae() is invoked multiple times. Why is this the case? ...

personal.xls created in Excel 2007 and opened in Excel 2002
I have added new macros to Personal.XLS, using Excel 2007. The macros were created in Excel 2002, and modified in 2007, but saved as an xls file. If I transfer the file to the machine using 2002, I get a message stating that the file is corrupt. it opens it, and looks like gibberish on the page. Is this file not backwards compatible? Please advise ...

Creating a Macros function but co9ntent of function only works in a sub plz help
Hey, I am creating a function that need to go read off of different sheets andsum up a specific cell on all active sheets defined on the first summary sheet. the problem is that the code works great in a sub since i have to move from sheet to sheet but when i get to a function it simply does not work any more... to find the cell i need to sum i have to locate specific content of a cell in a cpecific column in this case the column is A & i must look for the content of the cells then offset from it and sum the value on all th esheets specified on the frist sheet where the names of the shee...

Logical User for Case
I have been working on having an aknowlegment email go out to customer when we create a new case for them when they call in. Currently I have it setup to send email when new case created of origin=phone. What I dont understand is what the logical user option stands for when I choose whom the recipient of the email is. My choices under logical user are: [account/contact] [account] [contact] [owner's manager] [owner] What do these relate to within CRM. I am unable to find anywhere where it specifies who these recipients would be when I choose any of these. I hope my question is not ...

How to create an expandable menu on the left of the sheet?
Hi I saw a template with an expandable menu on the left of the sheet. This way I don't need to create multiple sheets - just extend or collapse a content, like in MS Windows Explorer folders. Thanks See the help file for "Outline" "pacific" wrote: > Hi > > I saw a template with an expandable menu on the left of the sheet. This way > I don't need to create multiple sheets - just extend or collapse a content, > like in MS Windows Explorer folders. > > Thanks Thanks a lot. "Ray A" wrote: > See the help file for "Out...

Creating an outlook plug-in
Could anyone point me in the direction of some information on creating outlook plug ins? I want to create a tool, using VS .NET, that would read the mail as it comes into Outlook and place it in a folder based on certain criteria. I don't know where to begin. Thanks, Chris You might want to look around at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/index.htm for lots of ideas. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%232RLGRMIEHA.3240@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Ch...

How do I create a line-area combination chart in Excel?
I am trying to create a Line-Area combination chart, and I cannot find how to do this. There is a column-area chart, but now a line-area chart. Hi, Create a line chart based on all the data series. Select the data series that you want as area and the right click and choose Chart Type. Change the chart type to area. Cheers Andy K wrote: > I am trying to create a Line-Area combination chart, and I cannot find how to > do this. There is a column-area chart, but now a line-area chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Send From allows all users to "spoof" other users in Global Address List
If you use the From box when sending an email it allows you to choose any user from the Global address list and send an email as that person. No delegation is set up and I do not see any security to prevent this. How can I stop users from Spoofing other users. Thanks. sorry, I figued it out. I suffered from premature posting. >-----Original Message----- >If you use the From box when sending an email it allows >you to choose any user from the Global address list and >send an email as that person. No delegation is set up >and I do not see any security to prevent...

check date of creating agenda in Calendar ?
I am using microsoft Outlook 2003. Is it possible to find out the date of creating the note in the calendar ? Reason to know about this, it's because we are using an open calendar in the office to input our own appointments. We want to find out what date the note/appointment was entered. Please help. thanks Karen Thanks for the reply,Sue, Sorry, I don't understand how you mean by displaying the folder ? Let me elaborate a bit about my issue : There was a note in the calendar, say: e.g. "vacation-John" under the week of 19th July 2010, i.e. the &quo...

Creating Master Shapes from Imported Pictures
Greetings, I'm in desparate need of help. I'm in the process of creating a stencil of network equipment that my company has deployed. I've been fortunate to find a number of the shapes on line. Unfortunately, some of the equipment is obsolete, BUT I have pictures. Here's my question: How would I create master shapes of these pictures to be used in Visio 2003. I've downloaded ShapeStudio and played around with that but I can't seem to get it correct. As a reference, I'm trying to duplicate what one would find on NetZoom. What are the steps in creat...