Create an instance of new Customized entity by Workflow

I created an entity named E1 under Account entity(Many-to-1 relationship with
Account) then I want to create a workflow Rule that after creating an Account
an instance of E1 entity is created automatically.
It seems Activity creation is possible in workflow automatically!
Is any soloution for this issiue?

--
Mohsen Ahmadi
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

you can create activities but not custom entities. You would need to either
do this by using a callout or by creating a workflow .net assembly that can
create the custom entity for you.

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Mohsen" <Mohsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created an entity named E1 under Account entity(Many-to-1 relationship
>with
> Account) then I want to create a workflow Rule that after creating an
> Account
> an instance of E1 entity is created automatically.
> It seems Activity creation is possible in workflow automatically!
> Is any soloution for this issiue?
>
> --
> Mohsen Ahmadi

0
John

How to create a xy stick diagram?
I want to create a xy diagram with verical sticks (lines), where the stick position is defined by the x-values, the stick lengh by the y-values. (context: mass spectrometry). There is no such standard chart type - at least I could not find it. Hi Create a xy scatter, markers only. Add negative custom Y error bars to the data series using your Y values as the data for your error bars. Jon Peltier's wab on error bars should help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html Cheers Andy heinrich wrote: > I want to create a xy diagram with verical sticks (lines), where ...

How to create tent cards with a mail merge
I am a meeting planner and I have a list of 300+ clients that routinely need tent cards. I have a list in excel that I merge from. However, when I do it now, each name takes up two pages. So if I only wanted to print Dr. So and So's tent card, I would have to select "print" pages 1 & 2. Isn't there a way to have a mirror page or something instead of it's own page? Can you kind of explain this better. Do you want the doctor's name on both sides of the card? Do you want to print only the doctor's card? What size are the tent cards? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

importing mail/folders from old computer to new
i just got a new computer. i have on a cd all the "Identities" from my old computers microsoft outlook 2002. I have all these DBX files that contain all the messages from my old computer and i dont know how to make it so my new computer uses them, or merge them with my new computer. sorry if thats confusing i'm not sure how to explain it. i just want all my messages that i had saved on my old computer using the same version of outlook to be transferred to my new computer using the same version of outlook. i have the dbx files, how do i make this happen? Thank You Jess...

Newly created user and mailbox!
When I create a new user and also create a new email address for that user, the email address is never generated, and I can't open the mailbox logging in as that user, even though the exchange task allows me to move or delete the mailbox. Can anyone help me. Ultimately, I can not create any new mailboxes that work. On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:45:25 -0700, "Dewayne Martin" <dmartin@metalpowderproducts.com> wrote: >When I create a new user and also create a new email >address for that user, the email address is never >generated, and I can't open the mailbox ...

Why does Excel automatically create a temporary Word archive file.
Each time I 'save as' MS Excel saves an additional file in my folder which has archive properties and also tags it as temporary. I would like to eliminate this additional file from the saving process. How is this done? That is by design and cannot be turned off -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Perplexed" <Perplexed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB08DB1A-BF6B-48AE-81E4-6B0383D36455@microsoft.com... > Each time I 'save as' MS Excel saves an additional file in my folder which > has archive properties and also tags it as temporary. I would ...

create dynamic range for chart
Hello, I want to export data from Excel, perform some calculations on it, and then link the data to an Excel chart. Although the exported data has a named range with it, the area where I've done calculations doesn't have a dynamic named range. It's the calculated area that I want my chart to reference. How can the chart reference only the dimensions of the calculated area that correspond to the variable dimensions of the exported data? Hi You create yourself dynamic ranges (Insert.Name.Define) for chart data series - like any dynamic ranges. Just remember for chart you must ...

Cannot send new mail from Outlok 2002 from Hotmail account
I have configured Outlook 2002 to receive my emails from Hotmail. I have successfully dowloaded the hotmail folders and can reply to emails that I get in my hotmail address. But when I try to send a new email I am unsuccessful. The email I create is stored in the "Outbox" of "Outlook today" folder. "Outbox" indicates an email left to be sent, but trying to send it by clicking on "Send/receive" button does not work. The Hotmail account is the only account that I use with Outlook so I assume that it is the default for it. Any idea on this please. ...

Integration not working after new field to Payables Transaction En
We customized the Payables Transaction Entry by adding a field to it and now Integration Manager does not work if the modified window is selected in alternate/modified forms and reports. If instead, the original window is selected, the integration works fine. What can we do to make Integration Manager work with the modified version of Payables Transaction Entry? Thanks, -- Hector Herrera Business Systems Analyst II Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Chicago, IL USA Hi Hector, It's quite a few years back that I used Integration Manager, but I think you can...

MSCRM 3 regarding Customization.
I'm using the next beta vesion for MSCRM 3. i'm having trouble with customization all my information comes from: 1.Microsoft CRM Next Beta SDK. 2.The Tech-Ed Webcast from Florida this year. could anyone send me links or tutorials on information regarding Customization. Most of the SDK examples do not compile. Alot of pages are not explained. The customization from inside the settings to create new entites is not documented and i'm having trouble doing certain things: For ex: How to add a lookup field. In customer the lookup of parentcustomer is of type "owner&qu...

Creating a Database with Macros
I have a folder of files each of which are an excel macro form and ar serialized (serial number is the file name as well). I want to tak all of these files and 5-10 cells of information from them and compil them into a database. I think I need to use macros but am unfamilia with how to go about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, d -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

how can i create a leaflet in publisher
How do i crete a leaflet that folds, two folds, three pages, six counting the backs as well. and how do i change what page i look at. In Publisher 2000 it's; File New The Wizard comes up, select Brochures. -- Don Vancouver, USA "C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AA87D44-A572-4CA3-AB9D-79D46A699EFD@microsoft.com... > How do i crete a leaflet that folds, two folds, three pages, six counting > the > backs as well. > and how do i change what page i look at. > ...

Searching using new google
I used to be able to search microsoft.public.excel and all of the 'sub' newsgroups, very handy as many topics cross-over to different categories. I can't work out how to do this with the new google groups - anyone know if it's still possible? Using this link still works: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel* In article <1102791711.728029.182820@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "Mike" <ajnmx@hotmail.com> wrote: > I used to be able to search microsoft.public.excel and all of the 'sub' > newsgroups, very handy...

New install, exchange 2003 or 2007?
Our school district currently uses Novell products in our server closet including Groupwise with about 550 mailboxes. We have made the decision to jump to Microsoft products including Exchange. We will be installing Exchange this winter on brand new hardware and start to migrate users early summer. We will also be installing Office 2007 (including Outlook 2007) on all machines before migrating users from Groupwise to Exchange. Which version of Exchange should we install, 2003 or 2007? I know there are advantages and disadvantages both ways. 2003 - more mature with several service packs and s...

How does one create a custom Menu on the Menu Bar in Word 7?
It was quite simple in Word 2003 via Tools Customize. There is no Menu Bar in Word 2007, only the Ribbon, and the only customization permitted is of the QAT. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "kaoinla" <kaoinla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9590384-4E4F-48BB-9764-4B360724D3AB@microsoft.com... > It was quite simple in Word 2003 via Tools Customize. > That's a bit sweeping? - http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm and http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Cus...

with new print server, excel running slow intermittently
Ever since a new new network print server was put on-line, my Excel intermittently goes very very slow. You have to wait just deleting a line. The tech department states that Excel is on my computer, so this could not be the problem, but it never did it before, and is happening to others in the organization. Any ideas out there? Can you try a test. Add a new printer and tell windows it's on LPT1 (local). (It doesn't have to really exist.) Then see how excel reacts when that's your default printer. If it's still slow, then IT wins. If it's ok, then woohoo, time to ...

XmlTextWriter Encodes HTML Entities?

Can a previously archived folder accept new emails via drag and drop?
Can someone confirm for me that this really works. I archived my old email via the traditional way and have subsequently just dragged and dropped some new emails into the archive folder. Do this subsequent and one-by-one approach work so that those dragged emails are now off the server and on my c drive in the archive pst file? Please confirm if you know. Thanks Confirm if we know what? You have provided no information with your post. We don't know your Outlook version, we don't know your transport type, we don't know what you mean by "via the traditional way,&q...

New Docking Framework
I am trying to programatically provide a set of "preset" docking profiles in my application - I can build the default one when I create the windows fine, but afterwards if I want to "reset" them or move them it just goes wrong. So far I have worked out that if AutoHide is on, I must turne it off first (before moving) etc. But I have been unable to undock a window that is docked as a tab in another docked window... Any thoughts / help would be appreciated! Gordon. ...

Custom Paper setp
afternoon group. While log on as an administrator using Excel if you go to FILE/PAGE SETUP/PAPER.. there is the option to custom your paper size... I remember using it before but on my workstation as well as others I only get a gray out Custom icon with the exclamation mark that reads: This feature is not available because you do not have permission to save system settings on this computer. I am logged on as administrator and cannot seem to get around this problem... any clues out there?? thanks! ...

Display Custom Market & Value
Hi Maybe this is a simple chart example but I am not able to figure it out. I have some data in the format below. Date 1 Value 1 Jan 10 2 Jan 20 3 Jan 40 4 Jan 30 5 Jan 50 and so on (around 1000 entries) Now I have some events that happen at certain values. Like at 30 there is a positive event that has a value +10%. Lets say at 40 value, I have a negative event has a value -10%. I store this information in two columns. I can also concatenate it if needed. I want the Text "P 10%" along with a Marker at the value ...

can't customize outlook today #3
when i click on the customize outlook today button, nothing happen. am i missing something? i'd love to hear from you if you have any ideas about what's happening. thanks! ...

New Install, Crystal problems
I just did a new install of CRM 1.2 onto a clean Win2003 Enterprise box and while I can access the CRM from my browser OK, the CRM server has the following errors in the event log upon startup, in order of occurance. There is a service called Crystal APS that is not started (has automatic startup set) that explains the errors but why wouldn't the APS start?? If I start it manually, it starts OK. Thanks! -- Jim Notable Events: Crystal_WebCompServer 34200 Failed to register with the APS CRM01. Please make sure the APS is up and running. Attempting an automatic retry... Crystal_EventS...

forwarding emails from exchange 5.5 server to new exch 2003 server
Is there a way to setup exchange 5.5 to forward incoming emails to the new exchange 2003 server for those mailboxes that have already been moved to the new server? I am trying to gradually implement exchange 2003 but don't want to have any down time for users in the process of moving. Jason Gallas <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote: >Is there a way to setup exchange 5.5 to forward incoming emails to the >new exchange 2003 server for those mailboxes that have already been >moved to the new server? I am trying to gradually implement exchange >2003 but don't want to ha...

Callout for Entity Sharing
Hi, I want to run some custom code whenever an entity is shared with team/user in CRM3.0. I do not see any caalout available for like preshare or postshare. Pls help me out in finding a solution for the above scenario. Thanks, Mahalax. Unfortunately there is no useful way to do this in CRM 3.0. My advice would be to wait for CRM 4.0. -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Mahalax" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to run some custom code whenever an entity is shared with team/user > in CRM3.0. > > I do not see any caal...

customer's balance
Hello: Do you know in GP where I could find a customer's on account balance (e.g. they overpaid an invoice) in the database? childofthe1980s There are several ways to see a customer's balance: 1. Cards > Sales > Summary (drill down on the Amount header to see Open transactions) 2. Inquiry > Sales > Payment Summary (drill down on the Amount header to see Open transactions) 3. SmartList > Sales > Customer > Customer Balance (use the GoTo button to see individual transactions) Hope that helps. Claude "childofthe1980s"...