Create a new e-mailactivity

Hi!

I wonder if there is a chance to create a new activitytype like salesmeeting
or if I only can use the existing ones...?
0
MARTIN1 (286)
7/14/2008 8:01:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You cannot create new types of Activity, and so are restricted to the
original eight.

However it quite common to reuse one of the original types - such as
renaming the 'Fax' activity to 'Sales Meeting' or something similar.

Typically I'd reccommend adding a Category or Meeting Type field to the
Appointment Entity Type and then customising the Views or ISV.Config to fit
your requirement, as whilst renaming the existing types can work it is a bit
of a hack rather than a supported solution.

--
Kind Regards, Paul.
CRM Consultant

"Martin" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I wonder if there is a chance to create a new activitytype like salesmeeting
> or if I only can use the existing ones...?
0
paul7487 (45)
7/14/2008 9:44:00 AM
Thanks for your answer.

One more thing...
So if the customer would like to have more then 8 activitytypes, there is no
way to do that?
The workaround is to have as you recommended different Categories or meeting
types on any of those existing activitytypes...!?

Martin

"Paul M" wrote:

> You cannot create new types of Activity, and so are restricted to the
> original eight.
>
> However it quite common to reuse one of the original types - such as
> renaming the 'Fax' activity to 'Sales Meeting' or something similar.
>
> Typically I'd reccommend adding a Category or Meeting Type field to the
> Appointment Entity Type and then customising the Views or ISV.Config to fit
> your requirement, as whilst renaming the existing types can work it is a bit
> of a hack rather than a supported solution.
>
> --
> Kind Regards, Paul.
> CRM Consultant
>

> "Martin" wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I wonder if there is a chance to create a new activitytype like salesmeeting
> > or if I only can use the existing ones...?
0
MARTIN1 (286)
7/14/2008 10:17:02 AM
Indeed, for adding more than the basic 8 Activity Types, its either a case of
categorising the existing activity types using custom fields, or looking into
a more custom workaround using entirely custom entities which MSCRM will not
consider activities in the usual sense. (not appear in the New Activity
screen and so forth)

--
Kind Regards, Paul.
CRM Consultant

"Martin" wrote:

> Thanks for your answer.
>
> One more thing...
> So if the customer would like to have more then 8 activitytypes, there is no
> way to do that?
> The workaround is to have as you recommended different Categories or meeting
> types on any of those existing activitytypes...!?
>
> Martin
>
> "Paul M" wrote:
>
> > You cannot create new types of Activity, and so are restricted to the
> > original eight.
> >
> > However it quite common to reuse one of the original types - such as
> > renaming the 'Fax' activity to 'Sales Meeting' or something similar.
> >
> > Typically I'd reccommend adding a Category or Meeting Type field to the
> > Appointment Entity Type and then customising the Views or ISV.Config to fit
> > your requirement, as whilst renaming the existing types can work it is a bit
> > of a hack rather than a supported solution.
> >
> > --
> > Kind Regards, Paul.
> > CRM Consultant
> >

> > "Martin" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I wonder if there is a chance to create a new activitytype like salesmeeting
> > > or if I only can use the existing ones...?
0
paul7487 (45)

OWA
SBS 2003 SP1, Exch 2003 SP2, FBA w/ SSL. If I add/delete a calendar event via OWA, I get a 5.1.7 NDR in my Inbox (pasted below). The calendar item is added/delete, and I see it in OWA or Outlook. I haven't seen any other posts similar to this, nothing on MS support. Any clues? ========== Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 12/21/2006 8:24 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: System Attendant on 12/21/2006 8:24 AM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or t...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

pre-select new record in combo box
Hi, I have a form (frmActivity) with a combo box (cboStore) that gets its data from a table (Store). If there is a new store which dose not show in the combo box I have a command button on the same form that open a popup window for entering the name of the new store. In the 'on close' event of the popup I requeary the combo box (cboStore) on the main form so that the new store will appear. What I would really like is to have the new store already selected in the combo box when the popup is closed. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks, Phil Try after the requery of the ...

Create MDI Child inside a thread?
I have attempted this through a CWinThread derived class but have been unable to get the window creation to work correctly. This is what I have so far: BOOL CSecurityFrameThread::InitInstance() { CRuntimeClass *pRT = RUNTIME_CLASS( CSecurityFrame ); CFrameWnd *pFrame = (CFrameWnd *)pRT->CreateObject(); CCreateContext ct; ct.m_pCurrentDoc = NULL; ct.m_pCurrentFrame = (CFrameWnd *)m_pParent; ct.m_pLastView = NULL; ct.m_pNewDocTemplate = NULL; BOOL bSuccess = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_TRUSSVIEWER, WS_VISIBLE | WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | WS_CHILD...

How do I block someone from sending me e-mail?
There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in Outlook, please help. Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions...

how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible? I need it to compare each series with the mean. Thanks in advance. Regards, Guillermo Fuenzalida The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a new series in your graph. -- David Biddulph "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com... >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new ser...

Toolbox wizard to create Command Button
Access 2003 Windows XP Professional I used the Control Wizard on the Toolbox to create a Command Button to close the form. When I try to use it it will not run and returns this error message - The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Expected: list separator or ). * The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro. Any ideas why? I'm at a loss. Check to see if you haven't changed the name ...

Creating an AD account don't make the mailbox in exch2K3
Hi, I don't understand what's happening. When I create a new account in AD, it no longer creates the mailboxes in exchange 2003. It was working a week ago... It asks me if I also want to create a mailbox, I answer YES and ... no mailbox. Please help me, I must create this mailbox quickly since a new employee arrived and my boss doesn't understand why the mail is not set yet. I believe that the mailbox is actually created only after the first message is sent to it or there is a first logon. So if you are looking for it and you do not see it, this may be the cause. Frank &qu...

create price list from excel sheet
I have been using Excel 2003 to manage a list of approximately 200 items. This is a very simple list comprising of four or five fields one of which is the price. I prefer to use Excel to manage this data because it then becomes very simple for me to use formulas in order to calculate prices after changes or additions to the items. I would like to produce a simple A5 flyer listing all the items together with their prices. What will be the best way to do this? I have explored the possibility of exporting the Excel sheet into something like Microsoft publisher but I am looking for a fa...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

VS2003
Hello, I have a dialog resource and have created CDialog and a CFormView classes for this dialog. If I right-click a control in my dialog I can create a variable for the control, but how do I specify which class the variable belongs to, ie. my CDialog or CFormView class? I don't see how I can tell the add variable class wizard to which class the variable should be added. I'm converting a Dialog based app to a doc-view type app and am experimenting with CFormView, which is why I have CFormView and CDialog classes referencing the same dialog resource. Thanks for any help. -R...

rules created in Outlook 2003
I have a client who uses a lot of rules within Outlook 2003 to sort her mail. She is now getting this error when she attempts to create a new rule: "One or more rules could not be uplodaed to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." Anyone have any ideas on how I can allow her to create more rules? Thanks. Hi, See this, e2k/e2k3 have the rules limit: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;147298&Product=exch2k There"s...

Sent E-Mail
Each E-Mail I send goes to the intenden recipient, but a copy of the sent message also goes to my in-bax each time. How can I prevent this from happening? Thank you in advance. ...

Multiple e-mail addresses #3
When a Contact has multiple e-mail addresses, how do I set one of them as a default? Now, emails are going to ALL of their addresses. Thanks-Rose ...

Outlook Synch error
I have one user and only one user have trouble going back online with the Outlook client. The user is connected to our VPN and then when the user clicks Go Online, it starts to synch then she gets the "the logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view the records or peform this specifc action" error/message. Outlook works fine and the user can use web CRM just fine. I've already tried changed the user's IE security settings to low, didn't help. Any ideas? James James, Could you provide a bit more information about the user, specifica...

How to create new record
How can i use code to create a new record into a table. Something like this? CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. help! thanks On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:34:03 -0500, "Tim McGavin" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote: >How can i use code to create a new record into a table. > >Something like this? > >CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") > >I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. > >help! >thanks > Open a Recordset based on the table and use ...

Somehow disabled the ability to click on links in e-mail
A link will show up in an e-mail but when I click on it, nothing happens. Can I correct this? Thanks in advance. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- Matt <buddyheadx@yahoo.com> wrote: > A link will show up in an e-mail but when I click on it, nothing > happens. Can I correct this? In Internet Explorer, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Moving .pst files to a new computer
When trying to import .pst files into the new computer the following error message comes up: \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. I am using Office 2003 What's up? What version of Outlook were you using on the original computer? "Paladin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057101c396c4$29533060$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to import .pst files into the new computer > the following error message comes up: > > \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the > P...

How to create a formula?
What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68. In the cell type =F67+C68+E68-D68 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Zygy" <zygy@bt.connect.com> wrote in message news:eDXC$INMHHA.5064@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the > result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68. > As I said I copy and paste the formula already, but how do I...

RPC Error: creating mail in child domain from mmc User and computer.
Hello, I've an active directory on windows 2000, connected to several childs domains. In my father network i've an exchange 2003. Before i could create mail adress in my child domain from the mmc "user and computer" of my exchange server in my father domain. But now when i want to do " task exchange" on a user i get error : "RPC server is not avaiable, error id : c00706ba...." c00706ba". I don't know if this error is due to the exchange SP1, because i'didn't create new mail account for several month. Someone could help me. Forgive my ba...

Moving Money 2008 to new computer
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person for not saving a backup of that. I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits this will be a problem. Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the existing Money (by copying the P...

Who Created Journal Entry
I am new to Great Plains. Is there a way to find out who created Journal Entries. I see the LASTUSER field in the GL20000. I'm not sure what this field actually represents and when it gets updated. Any resources that anybody could reccomend would be greatly appreciated. This won't help you for the past - but here's an idea for the future. All journal entries have source document of GJ. WE established source document codes as GJ-XX where XX would be each accountants initials. They are instructed to change the source document each time they make an entry. This is not a...

View equations created in Word 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does anyone el...

creating mde files for spilt databases
HiI'm working with a database which was created in Access 2000 but it is now running in Access 2003. I wanted to split this database and create mde files to add to each users computer but I keep getting an error message which tells me the mde file needs to be created in Access 2000. We no longer have this version of Access so is there a way round it?ThanksJody...

How do I assign a macro I have created to a Command Button in Exc.
I believe on previous versions of excel you right-clicked on the command button and then clicked on assign marco, but this does not seem to appear in the 2003 version of excel. Any help is appreciated. If you add a button from the Forms toolbar, you'll see this option. I think you added a commandbutton from the control toolbox toolbar. Andrew7675 wrote: > > I believe on previous versions of excel you right-clicked on the command > button and then clicked on assign marco, but this does not seem to appear in > the 2003 version of excel. Any help is appreciated. -- D...