Create a lookup field in CRM3.0

Can I create a lookup field in Quote and this field is referenced to another
entity(eg. user in CRM system)?
---I mean: this field is a lookup field, the picklist is all user in CRM
system.

Is CRM3.0 support is function?
Can anyone can help me?
Thanks
--
Richard
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM 3.0 does not support creating new relationships (or their lookups)
between system entities so the answer is no, sorry..

Peter Lynch

"Richard Jin" <RichardJin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I create a lookup field in Quote and this field is referenced to
> another
> entity(eg. user in CRM system)?
> ---I mean: this field is a lookup field, the picklist is all user in CRM
> system.
>
> Is CRM3.0 support is function?
> Can anyone can help me?
> Thanks
> --
> Richard

0
Peter

adding a new item to existing matrix in rms 2.0
how come when you add an item to an existhing matrix non of the information is being forward from the main matrix (ex. supplier, price, cost, reorder #, barcode format, etc.) even the size, color, and 3rd dimention that you entered to the new item is not being fowarded. what is going on with 2.0 thank jack I think the Matrix is still is a little buggy.. Get all hotfixed up and see if the helps. There have been 3 for 2.0 hotfixes already. "jack" <jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45CB84DE-B9B1-4DAC-9043-D8120CB44472@microsoft.com... > how come...

CRM 4.0 queue issue
Hi, I've run into this in CRM 3.0 (and honestly, I don't know what I did to fix it). But now it's happening in CRM 4.0. I have a queue, and a user with an email address. I want all email that is sent to this user to also appear in the CRM queue. I have it working, it's just that I'm getting everything twice. Once as an email from the original sender, and once from the recipient to the recipient, with the original email as an attachment. For example, kbriscoe@domain.com sends an email to ITSupport@domain.com (Our queue's email address is ITSupport@domain.com). T...

modify fields
Hi - just started using CRM and have several questions. 1. How do I modify the COUNTRY field? I want a user to be able to type in the name of the country and return and display the 2-letter country abbreviation? Do I have to build a new table for that or can I modify the country field as it is now? 2. How do I apply or change field rules such as case- convert, etc. for either existing fields or fields I create? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me. Cheers Ruthie I think the existing country field is a simple text field. You cannot out any logic behind these fields. One op...

grid_container.aspx equivalent in 3.0
I was wondering if anyone knew of the 3.0 equivalent of grid_container.aspx in MSCRM 3.0. In 1.2 it was so easy just to link to that page, and pass in the view id to display a view from a third-party app (http://localhost/_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewId={DCF11D6A-4EAB-40C8-801A-0132C5FF092F}). It appears there is not the same concept in 3.0. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks They (aka me :-) ) rewrote the grids in CRM 3.0 and they no longer use IFRAMEs. Instead the first page load just renders the HTML inline into a DIV. For subsequent loads (like paging, sorting and ...

CRM 4.0: WebSite deployment problem
CRM 4.0: I cannot deploy my WebSite in the CRM WebSite, below is the error: 'Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthentica­tionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' doesn't exist. Parameter name: Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthenticat­ionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request....

Microsoft CRM 3.0 (KB922815) Installation Error
When i try to install Update Rollup 1 for MSCRM 3.0 i get following error. Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language. The installation of this update has stopped. Is this rollup language dependent? I have a swedish installation of MSCRM. Thanks! // Mats ------=_NextPart_0001_11F19277 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yes this rollup is language dependent. You need to install SVE(swedish - sweden) UR1 package. Thanks, Indira Dhingra This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

CRM 3.0 internal recipients don't recieve mails
Hi everybody... We've installed CRM 3.0, including the Exchange Route Component on an Exchange Server 2003. Inbound and outbound mails, mail tracking and so on are working correctly, but if someone sends an email using the CRM WebInterface or the CRM Outlook Client and uses an email-recipient of our internal domain (e.g. as TO, CC or BCC with adress username@mydomain.com) the mail is not send. An activity that describes that email ist correctly generated by the CRM, but the mail itself is not send to any of the listed recipients, if at least one of them belongs to our domain. Doe...

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

SOP Document Lookup Error
Whenever we try using the document number lookup on the Sales Transaction Entry screen in GP8, we get the following message once we click the magnifying glass: Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'Type Name' is out of range in script 'Document_Scroll SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear this up? This pops up as soon as you click on the magnifying glass, then once you click ok, it pops up 2 more times. Do a query against table SOP10100 and look for any values in the SOP...

MS CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 error Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available
Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows - CRM is on premise - 60 Outlook clients - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server - 64 bit DB CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine. Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the rollup 2 .EXE: "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available" These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install. About...

Remove records from lookup
Not sure if this is possible but I would like to remove all records except the account records from the look up records dropdown menu of the appointment entity. The associated schema is regardingobjectid and the label is regarding. I see the other entities listed under relationships but there is no option to delete. Is there a way to create a new lookup and have it added to my appointment form? Thanks. There is no supported way to change this. The system is setup to allow you to set appointments that are related to specific records (Opportunities, Quotes, Cases, etc) and it will then ro...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

creating labels
hi, how can i create labels so I can input about 100 names and they will print off in a label style, Ive tried everything please help!! -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England Laura, I would do a mail merge with word, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups s...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

can't reply or can't create
I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. The "Reply" "new" "forword" and "reply all" button are dead. I can't highlight those button. Does anyone has any problme of this? Plez let me know <mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1106036722.098189.74470@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. > I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. > The "Reply" "new" "f...

Restrickting from field
Hi, When you create new email, you can click option and tick FROM field. It will be add FROM field and you can use address book to pick up any name. Are their any options or policy to restrict this function? Thanks Using Exchange server? This should not be possible by default - someone has changed the permissions. What version of Exchange? Follow the KB 262054 to see where permissions might be set - and remove groups that shouldn't be there. wschoi wrote: > Hi, > > When you create new email, you can click option and tick > FROM field. > > It will be add FROM f...

COleSafeArray::Create throws CMemoryException
Hi why does COleSafeArray::Create throw a CMemoryException if the array to create is larger than ullAvailPhys but smaller then ullAvailVirtual as returned by GlobalMemoryStatusEx Are all safearrays kept in physical memory and not swapped to page file I use Windows XP Thank HS ...

Need to create an automatic hyperlink
I'm using Excel 2003, Windows XP. Okay I have a workbook with a main spreadsheet and about 150 other spreadsheets with images in them. I have the names of the other spreadsheets in cell b2. How do I create a hyperlink that will concantenate the name in cell b2 to a hyperlink and point it to the spreadsheet with that name? I know I can do it by manually selecting each cell and hyperlinking manually, but with over 150 it's taking a while. Thanks. I tried =HYPERLINK("file:////"&b2,"Click me!") and it fails (can't find specified file)...

=?Utf-8?Q?Can_I_Change_to_foreign_currency?= =?Utf-8?Q?_in_Microsoft_Dynamics_=E2=80=93_POS_2.0?= =?Utf-8?Q?=3F?=
Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default US dollar currency? Also if it is possible to add three decimal places for selling price? Thanks in advance As a US only release, POS 2.0 doesn't support changing the default currency. Three decimal price is supported as an item option. - Jeff "Ba6a6y" <Ba6a6y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1027D294-80EB-4C27-8FAD-42B8CF38801A@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to > know ...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

Cannot view any form in crm 3.0
We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities, calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that with an restricted access code i can't do much. I have tried assigning different roles ...

Problem creating 2003 PST file
Hi, I am currently running Outlook 2003 (Client). I am trying to create a new PST file. However when I try to add a new file (file\new\outlook data file\) I can only select: Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File. On the microsoft website it says I should see something like "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" but it is not listed. Is there any way to correct this?? I am running Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks for any help, Wouter Hi, Kan iemand mij helpen? Het moet mogelijk zijn om bij het verzenden van een emailtje de afzender te veranderen. Ooit wist ik het, maar ik ben...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...