copying value from lookup into textfield

Hi,

I found some posts to this question here in the forum and some in the
internet,
but most of them belong to CRM 3.0 and some use methods I not allowed or
unable to do |-)

So my questions are:
Are there any Addons for this?
Is there a method, just using javascript within the webclient?
(I am not able to programm any callout or webservice)

best regards
Antonio
0
AKB (23)
2/19/2008 5:11:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It's an easy script. Assume your fields are named new_text and new_lookup,
then use the following:

crmForm.all.new_text.DataValue = crmForm.all.new_lookup.DataValue ?
crmForm.all.new_lookup.DataValue[0].name : null;

Or in a more readable form:

var lookupField = crmForm.all.new_lookup;
var textField = crmForm.all._new_text;

if (lookupField.DataValue != null) {
    textField.DataValue = lookupField.DataValue[0].name;
}

else {
    textField.DataValue = null;
}

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

"A.K.B." <AKB@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I found some posts to this question here in the forum and some in the
> internet,
> but most of them belong to CRM 3.0 and some use methods I not allowed or
> unable to do |-)
>
> So my questions are:
> Are there any Addons for this?
> Is there a method, just using javascript within the webclient?
> (I am not able to programm any callout or webservice)
>
> best regards
> Antonio

Re : Excel Range of Values Amidst Characteristic Transitions
Re : Excel Range of Values Amidst Characteristic Transitions Enter an Excel worksheet ; now that the tabulation is prepared for (preferential) presentation, Column A is shown as follows :- 01 8.0 02 8.0 03 <A Blank Row> 04 8.0 05 <A Blank Row> 06 <A Blank Row> 07 9.0 08 <A Blank Row> 09 9.0 10 9.0 11 <A Blank Row> 12 6.5 13 6.5 14 <A Blank Row> 15 <A Blank Row> 16 <A Blank Row> 17 8.0 18 <A Blank Row> 19 8.0 20 <A Blank Row> 21 8.0 22 <A Blank Row> 23 6.5 24 <A Blank Row> 25 ...

copy,paste and loop through workbook
I am looking for a macro,Match sheet2 name value from sheet1! a:a list,copy those matching row values(sheet1!B:f) and paste them to relevant sheet's last empty row(sheet2! a(row#):e(row#)),thus loop through every sheet from sheet2 to end sheet of workbook. ...

Changing cell values through form
Hi... I'm not that good with access so I decided to look for help here. I have a table filled with drivers. Starting number, Driver name, and Number of laps are the columns. My Idea is to make a form that will list all the drivers, and add a value of +1 into the "Number of laps" cell to that driver when double clicked. That would be a sort of Lap counter form... Every suggestion is welcome. -- ::: www.ktvj-online.com - Motocros Portal ::: ::: www.forum.ktvj-online.com - Forum ::: ...

2nd try, parameter values
I'm having problems posting... sorry if this comes up twice. I have parameter values set to make things easier for the users... The prompt pulls Last Name or Emp #. If the Emp# is not available, is there a way to search by last name, including suffixes, but only entering the last name? or even just the first letter of the last name? On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:31:24 -0700, melinda.pluma@agedwards.com wrote: >I'm having problems posting... sorry if this comes up twice. > >I have parameter values set to make things easier for the users... > >The prompt pulls Last Name or...

How to copy rows from Excel without losing the row height format
In Excel 2003. I have a section of a spreadsheet that contains a 25 rows that each have different row height. I want to copy these to a section below, but lose the row height formatting. How do I copy without losing the row height format? Are you copying the entire row? Also, don't forget the format painter and the right-click paste special options. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "artex boy" <artex boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DA6D00F-8957-4569-94C5-EDB2AE6F683D@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003. I have a section of a sp...

How to "transfer" or "copy" an SSL certificate from Exchange 2000 to Exchgange 2007
Sorry for my ignorance. I seem to have a brain deficiency when it comes to Certs. I am replacing an Exchange 2000 server with Exchange 2007 SP2 on Win2008. I have a .pxf that I had exported from the Ex2000 server, and I simply "imported" it into the Ex2007 using the import function on the IIS ssl certificates console on the exchange 2007 server....It now resides in that console and is also in the MMC Certificates (personal) folder and is enabled for server and client authorization. The question is: Am I done... or is there more to do in order to have things like OWA and Ac...

Error that prevents Copy Worksheet to another Tab
When I try to copy a worksheet as another tab in the same file or to another excel file, I get the error listed below. I can move the worksheet, I just can not copy it. Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file ‘C:\DOCUME~1\JEFFRE~1.JEF|LOCALS~1\TEMP”. There are several possible reasons: • The file name or path does not exist. • The file is being used by another program. • The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook. Bullet point one has not meaning since at this point I am not trying to open a file. The program has not problem opening fi...

Exchange 2003 send multiple copies of same email to clients!
I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003. It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2 things and think they are related. Firts if there is no subject for email being recieved it will hang on that email and never download to client using OutLook or Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal. Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of the same email. I have one now that has four copies and everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy. Any help as always appreci...

Copy and Paste resources?
Hi, I try to import resources from one MFC project to another. But I cannot just simply Copy and Paste resources like controls in a dialog box. How about toolbars and menus? Thx. xg You CAN copy and paste resources from 1 project to another, having said that you do need to take a close look at what you get afterwards. If you load your project up, then use File -> Open and navigate your way to the .rc that you want to copy from, and open it up. You can then do your copy paste actions. Having completed that, you now need to go to resource.h of your project and renumber ID's...

Copying Mail and Contacts but can't export
I had to reinstall my OS due to new chipset on my computer (new motherboard :>) anyways my old mail which I had saved in the drafts folder as well as my addressbook can not be accessed? I should have exported them before I installed the new motherboard but I did not think my os would need reinstalling. Anyways is there a way to find the specific files containing the mail and addressbook and import them into the outlook. I have outlook 2002 installed. Thanks All of your Outlook data is stored in a file with a .PST extension. Search your drive for all .PST files. If you're u...

Changing bar graph colours according to value
Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change according to value? Hi, Have a look at Jon's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy nikki8327 wrote: > Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change > according to value? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Need to format text in header, but value is generated using VBA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6360C.2372C770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found = out how to do that using this function: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In Worksheets ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader =3D _ Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value) =20 Next WS End Sub However, this leaves my text for ...

copying formula down
Using Excel 2003 Column A is dates. These dates plus 7 are being compared to the current date to determine whether "overdue" gets displayed in Column D. I'm using the following IF statement: If A1+7<today(),"overdue"," " When I copy the formula down, rows that have not yet had data entered into them are all displaying "overdue" because Column A is blank. Do I just need to remember to copy the formula down every time I enter a new row of data, or is there some way I can modify my IF statement to only do the calculation if there is data ...

click on checkbox copy to active cell
Is there any way to click on a checkbox beside a row of information and copy that row of data to an active cell? Maybe. If your active cell is in column A, you can copy that whole row to the activecell's row. If you use a checkbox from the forms toolbar, you can add as many as you want to the worksheet. But assign each of them the same common macro: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myCBX As CheckBox Dim myCopyObjectsWithCells As Boolean Set myCBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller) If myCBX.Value = xlOn Then If myCBX.TopLeftCell.Row = Ac...

copy/share pst. files
I'm a new user with two machines, both xp with outlook 2003 on a LAN. In researching my task I have narrowed it down (I think) to pst. files. I am trying to share or copy my tasks, contacts, calendar. etc between the two machines. I've seen other solutions on this site, but they seem to be beyong my grasp as a beginner. My question, I guess, seems copying my pst files is the easy why to do this. How do I do it? How do I open it up on the other machine. Thanks Cmac, If you want to continually "share" your contacts, tasks, calendar, etc... and have them update from each ...

copying many separate xls files into one comprehensive one
Gang, I have 20 xls files each with 20 worksheets. Now, I need to copy all of their contents into an xls file that will contain 400 worksheets. Pity, there's no merge for this sort of stuff (only different versions of the same xls file). any help apreciated. -S ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sean wrote: > Gang, > > I have 20 xls files each with 20 worksheets. Now, I need ...

how do i "de-dupe?" rows by a column value?
I have a complex operation to perform. My spreadsheet has rows that indicate items (control number in column A) linked to titles (control number in column B). A title can have multiple items in the spredsheet. I want to number the titles and assign random numbers to them so that I can get two random samples. I also want to have my random numbering retained in the spreadsheet as a whole, so I can see all the items assigned to my samples. How can I "dedupe" column B, assign a random number to each title control, then transfer that data to my "undeduped" spreadshe...

search and return cell value
I hope that someone may be able to help. I have a worksheet that has 7 fixed columns and a variable number of rows. The rows can range from 1 to many. Cell A1 is dependent upon the value in the last row in column G. I can locate this with nested "if" statements or by creating a new column H that will test to see if the next row contains values. Is there any function that I can put in cell A1 that will locate the last row in column G that contains a value and return the value of this cell? Many Thanks Hi if you have no blank rows in between try =OFFSET($G$1,COUNTA(G:G)-1,0) -- Reg...

SenderID & realage.com lookup problem
I've had a problem this week with connections from realage.com never disconnecting. One of the realage.com admins was kind enough to send me a KB article on an Exchange update to the msgfilter.dll file that does the SenderID filtering that helps with the problem. Has anybody else seen this problem this week? If you are doing SenderID filtering, you might want to check your systems. The SMTP connections just accumulate. The SenderID filter can't deal with very, very badly formatted SPF records. I've suggested that they use something like: "v=sft1 ip4:209.75.40.0/24 ~all...

copying worksheet problem
I get the warning--No more new fonts maybe added to this workbook--when I make a copy of a worksheet that contains graphs. It is not a large file. And when the new worksheet appears--some the fonts are much larger. Any ideas? Check out this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573 XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "mel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d8e401c394c2$b23cef50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I get the warning--No more n...

Display value on a form dynamically
I have a form that needs to display values from an array on the form; how do I achieve the following? If item count in array is < 20 then print Val1 Val2 Val3 Val4 Val5 Val6 and so on If items in array is > 20 then print Val1 Val2 Val3 Val4 Val5 Val6 Val7 Val8 Val9 and so on The following code works fine and prints values in two columns butI need to modified it to print in three columns if nItemsCount > 20 { for (i = 1; i <= nItemsCount; i++) { if (i % 2) { nX = nX * 25; ...

Query for random values multiple records
I have a table of names (lots of names! Too many to write individual queries for...). I want three random non-repeating numbers between 1 and 7 for each of these names. Output example: Name1 3 Name1 2 Name1 5 Name2 1 Name2 5 Name2 4 From reading on the boards I was able to come up with a way to generate output such as this: Name1 3 Name1 2 Name1 5 Name2 3 Name2 2 Name2 5 However, that will not work for what I want the random numbers for. I need a different set of each random non-repeated number set for each name. Thanks! On Mon, 16 Apr 200...

Form using a query to look up values
SELECT Residents.[Last Name], Reciepts.Date, Reciepts.[Street Number], Reciepts.[Street Name], Reciepts.Amount FROM Reciepts INNER JOIN Residents ON (Reciepts.[Street Number] = Residents.[Street Number]) AND (Reciepts.[Street Name] = Residents.[Street Name]); I have a couple of combo boxes in my form that uses information from this query to populate a table. The query allows me to type in the last name in a box on my form, and then fill in the street number and street name using the drop down box. My issue is that once I fill in the form once, and go to the next line, th...

Select case syntax for continuous range values?
I know you can use Select case statements to cover a range of integer values, such as: Case 100 To 500 Case 501 to 650 etc However, I'm not clear on how to work with non-integer values to ensure that every possible value is covered, while ensuring no overlap in categories. With an IF statement I might use: If x >100 and x <=500 elseif x >500 and x <=650 which would properly assign a value of 500.4395 to the second condition Is there a way to do this with select case? Or is my best option to try to use more decimals than the data might need, e.g. C...