copying value from lookup into textfield

Hi,

I found some posts to this question here in the forum and some in the
internet,
but most of them belong to CRM 3.0 and some use methods I not allowed or
unable to do |-)

So my questions are:
Are there any Addons for this?
Is there a method, just using javascript within the webclient?
(I am not able to programm any callout or webservice)

best regards
Antonio
0
AKB (23)
2/19/2008 5:11:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It's an easy script. Assume your fields are named new_text and new_lookup,
then use the following:

crmForm.all.new_text.DataValue = crmForm.all.new_lookup.DataValue ?
crmForm.all.new_lookup.DataValue[0].name : null;

Or in a more readable form:

var lookupField = crmForm.all.new_lookup;
var textField = crmForm.all._new_text;

if (lookupField.DataValue != null) {
    textField.DataValue = lookupField.DataValue[0].name;
}

else {
    textField.DataValue = null;
}

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

"A.K.B." <AKB@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I found some posts to this question here in the forum and some in the
> internet,
> but most of them belong to CRM 3.0 and some use methods I not allowed or
> unable to do |-)
>
> So my questions are:
> Are there any Addons for this?
> Is there a method, just using javascript within the webclient?
> (I am not able to programm any callout or webservice)
>
> best regards
> Antonio

Copy sheet & page settings
Is it possible to copy a sheets data and the page settings in one step? Hi why not copy the complete sheet (right-click on the sheet name and choose 'move/copy') >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to copy a sheets data and the page >settings in one step? >. > ...

Copy Campaign
When trying to copy a campaign (either a template or compaign) we get the message - "An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator". There are no entries in any logs. The only time this occurs is when there are tasks (planning tasks or campaign activities) in the campaign. Anyone suggestions? ...

trying to figure out a two way lookup to determine a value
I have a large spreadsheet that lists numerous customers. Each custtomer has a code for the service that we provide them and then has a price negotiated at the time of service. We are have set up a price list that gives the service code, in a vertical column and then has a range of dollar values for each service code (about 20 separate codes) ranging from $0 to $75 broken up in 5 grade (E,D,C,B, A) categories. The pricing is different ranges for each service code. What I need to do is have each customer line, take their code, find a match in the Price LIst code, the take the price they are pa...

Excel Range Value issue (Excel 97 Vs Excel 2003)
Hi, I have some VB6 code which was originally written to populate a spreadsheet in EXCEL 97. Basically, to cut a long story short, what the code does is it populates a variant array by calling a stored procedure. The variant array in question is populated with 3 elements (a date, and 2 floats). The array is then passed to Excel like this. Dim xlRng As Excel.Range xlRng.Value = vntDataArray In my particular scenario, the first four rows have the following dates in the "dd/mm/yyyy" format. 29/11/1995 30/11/1995 01/12/1995 04/12/1995 These dates are exported perfectly to Excel 97...

Business Portal Requisition Management Lookup Filtering
When doing lookups while adding items to purchase requsitions, the filtering on the lookup is very basic and done by searching for a few characters in the fields displayed. It would be very helpful to be able to customize the filtering specific to the lookup and apply several filters, not just one. For example if there are several thousand items, it would be nice to filter by item class and by deparment (a user defined field) and by fill in the blank. It would really shorten the number of items to search through to find what you want when thousands of items are involved. did you eve...

Returning multiple values #2
Hi Sheet 2 A1:A200 contains surnames Sheet 2 B1:B200 contains first names I would like to type in a particular surname (Smith for example) and get a list of all the first names related to the surname returned in a seperate column Any ideas? Why not just use data>filter>autofilter. Record a macro and modify to re-use -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Anthony Slater" <anthony.slater@go.com.mt> wrote in message news:1f57d01c4579e$fa9207a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > Sheet 2 A1:A200 contains surnames > Sheet 2 B1:B200 contains first name...

Copy/Paste Trouble
Hey Gang, Sometimes, in doing a copy/paste between worksheets, I get an error message that says the data cannot be pasted because the copy and paste areas are not the same size. What's the resolution? Tim Tim, You must select a range of cells that's exactly the same count of rows and columns as you'd copied, or a multiple of either for more than one repetition of the data, or you'll get that message. Or you can just select the upper left corner of the area into which you want to paste, and it will paste one repetition of the stuff. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthi...

OUTLOOK 2007: Cannot highlight, copy, paste text in HTML mode
Recently when replying to emails (I use html mode as default), am unable to use the mouse to highlight, copy, or paste text. The only way is to do it manually by placing the cursor at the beginning of what I want copied, then use shift to insert the cursor at the end, and hit ctrl cut/copy/paste to effect the action. If I do manage to get the text in the email highlited, it's as a block, as though the message was in a table and the entire cell is being selected. Cannot get individual words, sentences, or sections of text. FYI - mouse shortcuts work just fine in every other ap...

Automatically Copy Data from one text box to another
Experts, How would you go about dynamically copying data from an unbound text box to a bound text box on the same form. Thanks, ...

Excel Doesn't Copy / Paste Properly in other Applications
Here's an odd one: One machine (XP SP1 Pro w/all critical updates) in our office, is running Office XP (also up to date w/updates) has a problem in Excel (and Excel only). If I copy cells which have color formatting, when I paste them as "Picture" or "Picture (enhanced Metafile)" in other apps (Word, PowerPoint) the colors do not display. Other cell formatiing such as justification, bold/italics, size *do* work. Excel is the only app which this exhibits this odd behavior. Additionally I have tried the exact same operation on other XP SP1 machines with vario...

my project wont run in parent folder when copied to another computer
when I copy the parent folder containing project files (VS 2008, C#/VB.Net) on the development machine to a backup machine which also has VS2008 installed on it - I can't run (most of) the projects in the development environment from the parent folder on the backup machine. I have to move/copy some (most) of the projects to some other folder on the backup machine before for the project(s) to run in the Development environment. Is there a way to get around this? I vaguely recall tweaking some file in the Windows folder - something to do with the user login. Can't remember....

Lookup / Index/Match
My spreadsheet is setup as follows: Column A B C D E County Road Starting Mileage Ending Mileage Road Type Alan 52 0 5 Highway Alan 52 5 12 Local Road When I enter the County, Road, and Mileage point, I want Excel to return to me the road type. So if I enter Alan-52-3, it will return a value of "Highway". If I enter Alan-52-7, it would r...

Add new field that is User Lookup
I have had many clients that need to attach multiple users to a single account. What I mean is there is an Owner for every account . That can be used as the "Account Manager" But what if you also need to track a loan processor to the account... Not possible. Suggestion: Allow a new filed type that is simply the CRM user list. It would also be great to be able to access these users via workflow (Send alert to loan processor). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion...

Lookup value based on nearest date
I have a table of rates which occur on certain dates (one a month). It has two fields Rates.Date and Rates.Value I then another table where each record has a date in it, and I need to find the Value from Rates at the matching date, OR at the nearest date if there is not an exact match. It is possible that the date I need to lookup is before or after the range of dates in my Rates table. Is there a nice elegant way of doing this? Carol I believe both of those fieldnames ("Date" and "Value") are reserved words in Access. I'm certain about the first and confident ...

How can I monitor the outgoing e-mail out of my domain and keep a copy of it in #2
Our company is in a way of issuing new policy to monitor the outgoing emails that should be send using it's domain name. We are using Windows NT4 and Exchange 5.5, So my question is: How can we configure the exchange server to drop a copy of all outgoing e-mails on the Secretary mailbox. ...

Copying Text
Not sure if you can do this but here goes. I work as an estimator and i have a front sheet which has a heading which reads desciption. I currently have 250 of these cells which have different descriptions in them. I have 250 tabs on the bottom of the screen and i need to copy each heading on the main screen to a heading in the tab. I currently press = on the tab heading then go back to the main screen highlight the relevant description and press equals. You can imagine doing 250 takes time. Not sure if it makes sense i hope it does and someone can help me -- wethery -----------------------...

dyanmic picklist values
OK so I have set up a dynamic pick list but have run into a minor problem. I would like my second list to default to a unassigned or blank value, no matter what value is chosen on the first list? I have tried to update my values by adding a blank value at the start of my values iStartIndex = 0; iEndIndex = 0; iStartIndex = 35; iEndIndex = 39; This however does nothing, and since I can not set a blank value in the picklist, I am stuck. Any ideas or suggestions??? Denzel, You should add a value to you SubPicklist and call it "Unassigned" then reference that value in the Ca...

How 2 enter a value in the Status Bar?
Hello, I'm using excel 2000. I have a test formula: =IF($N$37=$O$38,"OK","ERROR") I would like to use one of the boxes in the status bar to display the result. I have 8 of them, from L to R; 1. ? 2. SUM (or other f()) 3. ? 4. CAPS 5. NUM 6. ? 7. OVR 8. ? Is it possible to put the formula in one of these boxes, or in another place in the status bar? I need the result to be visible at all the times. Thank you in advance for your help, Manuel Hi Manual AFAIK you can't change this statusbar the way you want -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Manuel Dav...

Macro to copy linked table and paste as local table
Hi, Can anyone help me please? i've got a table in my database that is linked to an external source through an ODBC connection. how do i create a macro to copy this table and paste as a local one. i've managed to work out how to create a macro to copy the table but it just leaves it as a linked table. 1. Create a query that uses this table. You can use the wildcard so it shows all fields. 2. In query design view, switch this to a Make Table query. (Make Table on Query menu.) 3. Save the query. 4. Use the OpenQuery action in your macro to run the query. -- Allen Browne - M...

Column Chart with data labels for percent and value?
I want to create a column chart that displays data labels for both percent and value. Is this possible? Each column is stacked with 2 values, for instance: May '03 values: series A = 10 series B = 10 sum = 20 I want the column for May '03 to consist of a series A percent of 50%, a series B stacked on that, also displaying 50%, and another data label on top of the bar displaying 20. Right now, I just manually add a text box for each value, every time a new month is added. Is there an easier way? I have a picture of the chart, if you need it. Thanks! Kim Hi Kim, Store yo...

Outlook copying contacts to another computer
I need to copy my contacts folder to another computer. I am transfering it from a laptop to a desktop. Help. Hi Ken, You can import/ export your information or you should use a synchronization tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

How to write a formula so that response is >value?
I wish to write a formula such that the response would not be simply the computed value but >value. It can't be done by simply changing the display format of the cell since there are more than one IF commands. I wish to incorporte it into the If command. How much greater? It's relatively simple to tack on an additional value to be added to the return of a calculation. =IF("your formula")+'any number' =IF("your formula")+'any cell' ... where you enter a value in that particular cell. =MAX(IF("your formula"),'pre-determined max...

copying "blank" cells
on sheet1, a range 60 x 7 cells, all condtionally formatted but not all used (i.e. data content may be blank). Want the exact range onto sheet 2 (i.e. A1: G70 on sheet2 ("=sheet1!A1:G70)") which works to a degree - have got the conditional format OK on all cells. All the "filled" data cells copy over correctly, but the "blank" data content becomes "0" (I need it blank) How to make blank cells on sheet 2 = blank cells on Sheet 1, still conditionally formatted (conditional format is text/font display if a numeric condition is met) ? Hi Silvab...

match column for value and return next cell value
Hi, I have simple excel with one column having the Part name and secon having the Price. I want a macro which will return SUM of all the part prices user ha selected. My data looks simply like below PART NAME PRICE NKT 1000 NKU 2000 NMP 150 NPG 299 NWT 3495 What i want is if user enters NKT,NKU then it should return 3000 if user enters NKT,NKu,NMP then 3150. Can anyone please help as I am an end user and have no idea of macros. Thanks, kogant -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I'd suggest you use pivot tables for this and select the relevant item s within the p...

Adjusting lookup range
Hello - I am using a lookup function e.g lookup(a1, b1:c55) - but I would like to be able to ajust the range of the lookup vector based on values in other cells. E.g. I would like to be able to type 3 and 21 into cells M1 and N1 and make my formula adjust to Lookup(a1, b3:c21). Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much! Try this: =LOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("B"&M1&":C"&N1)) Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 1, 5:00 pm, Snara <Sn...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello - I am using a lookup function e.g lookup(a1, b1:c55) - but I would > like t...