Convert Accounts to Leads

Hi,

We have installed microsoft CRM 1.2, and we would like to convert some
accounts to leads.

Is that possible?

Thanx so far

Hg

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

no . . . leads can only be turned into accounts.

--
Brandon Smith
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"

"Ino" <Ino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have installed microsoft CRM 1.2, and we would like to convert some
> accounts to leads.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Thanx so far
>
> Hg

0
Brandon
9/19/2005 5:33:33 PM
And there's not a way to export accounts to a excel file for example?

Like this I could import it to leads.

Thanks,
Hugo

"Brandon" wrote:

> no . . . leads can only be turned into accounts.
>
> --
> Brandon Smith
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>
> "Ino" <Ino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have installed microsoft CRM 1.2, and we would like to convert some
> > accounts to leads.
> >
> > Is that possible?
> >
> > Thanx so far
> >
> > Hg

But why would you want to do that?  By definition, a Lead is unqualified.
If you are marketing to existing Accounts, then it would be better to enter
those as Opportunities.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Brandon" wrote:

> no . . . leads can only be turned into accounts.
>
> --
> Brandon Smith
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>
> "Ino" <Ino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have installed microsoft CRM 1.2, and we would like to convert some
> > accounts to leads.
> >
> > Is that possible?
> >
> > Thanx so far
> >
> > Hg

0
Matt

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Accounts Payable Unapply should allow Unapply of historical trans.
The Unapply button on the Apply Payables Document is really just an unmark all button. Please rename this button and add the functionality to unapply historical payments, credit memos and returns. I believe this functionality exists for SOP and should be there for AP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Categories deleted converting from Quicken
Hi folks, I just converted from Q2003 Premier to the Money 2005 Trial 2 days ago. I noticed today that a number of categories have been removed from the transactions in my checking account and credit card accounts. What I've noticed so far: 1. All sub-accounts for Utilities were gone. This wasn't too bad because I could use find replace since the payee name has been the same on these for all years I have in Quicken/Money. 2. All sub-accounts under Insurance were gone. 3. The category Groceries came over, but there were no transactions in it. Quicken had several hundred...

Convert Double Space To Single Space
How do you convert double spaced text to single spaced? I don't see an option for this in Outlook. I can paste into Notepad, copy and then paste into Outlook, but I would prefer a way to do it within Outlook. ...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Issue with Loan Accounts
Hi Everyone, I have been having this issue for a while - but just now trying to figure out what's happening. I have several loans (including car, equity, etc.) which I have set up on Money 7. Sometimes the interest and principle are calculated correctly - but more often, the entire sum of the payment is allocated to principle (as viewed in the account register). I've check to insure that the loan is set up okay - and it looks okay to me. Any ideas what's happening to me? Any help appreciated. Thanks. Patrick Hi, I was really hoping someone would respond to this. My ...

How many accounts...
I have outlook 2003 I already installed my hotmail account on it but I want to add my son's hotmail account on it and each time I do so, outlook freeze. Is this normal ? How many hotmail account can I add in outlook 2003 ? tia ...

Converting number to text

grayscale autoshape changes to color when converting to PDF
When converting from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Adobe Acrobat 8.0 PDF, the autoshape picture that we changed to grayscale changes back to color when reviewing the created PDF. Are you setting Acrobat to print in black and white? Select the PDF printer, properties, paper/quality tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CDJ" <CDJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BE9EE01-97DB-4AB6-BD9C-25E27E0BB68D@microsoft.com... > When converting from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Adobe Acrobat 8.0 P...

Switching Accounts on Download
To Whom Can Help: MS Money 2007 has started downloading account information into the wrong account--it is swapping it with another account. This happened in a previous version of Money and I don't know how to correct it. In the previous version it was with a Banking account--two savings accounts from the same institution. In this incarnation, it is with two investment accounts--mutual fund versus brokerage account--but from the same institution. Anyone have this happen to them...anyone know of a solution? Thanks for your help. Cheers. In microsoft.public.money, golfbum71 wrote: ...

Converting a MFC DLL to a regular DLL
Hi, I have an MFC DLL which i have now removed the single MFC window that popped up error messages. I want to now convert it to a regular DLL. What parts of the code to i need to remove / modify? And what compiler settings need changing? On Aug 4, 6:05=A0am, hamishd <Hamish.D...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I have an MFC DLL which i have now removed the single MFC window > that popped up error messages. > > I want to now convert it to a regular DLL. What parts of the code to i > need to remove / modify? And what compiler settings need changing? I would create a dummy MFC reg...

Error trying to make an account default
I have a new computer and my outlook 2003 is not letting me assign a default account to send and receive. I get this error: "The Specicied Account could not be found. It might have been deleted." I have four accounnts setup and have tried removing the accounts and recreating them and still get the error. when the account has been made, it tests fine. None of the four can be made default. Thanks in Advance! ...

'Budget Alerts' in Account Register
Budget Alerts in Account Register I've upgraded to 2006 Deluxe from 2003 Deluxe. In 2003, as I entered transactions in my registers (one Visa and one Bank), if the category I was spending money on went over a budget, I got prompted about it. Along with that prompt when I went over, it also had a little bar graph (similiar to the Spending Tracker you can get on the home page in 2006) for *only* that category. This was nice as it allowed me to see amounts as I entered them..and also *annoyingly* prompted me as I went over budgets...again making me 'think' about the spendin...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

merge accounts in 2006
Hi... I am using Money Small Business 2006... does anyone know why I am unable to merge duplicate accounts? I had problems downloading statements so had to create new accounts.. ie: checking, checking #1, checking #2.. How can I merge all of these back into one account? When I try to merge duplicate accounts, it says there are no accounts to merge. Any ideas on how I can condense all of my data? The only way I can figure it out so far is to go to each individual transaction in the duplicate accounts, right click and choose copy to account. This will take forever that way. Is there a way t...

Export or convert .qrp files to HTML
Hi all, great forum - Does anyone know how to export or convert any given .qrp report into an HTML or other web format? Could it be possible to open a .qrp in it's native format? I've seen a company online (Sabletooth) that converts Report Builder (.qrp) files into Crystal, but I think they are only offering consulting services. Thanks in advance for your help. At the top of the report it gives you several options(print, save, etc.) the fourth or fifth from the left(not quite sure which one by memory)is the one to export. It gives you several options. One of which is to expo...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...

Fill Zeros on Account Segment
Is there a way to have an account segment automatically fill with zeros if the users tabs through the segment? Yes, you can use a free tool called Lookup Plus from Rockton Software www.RocktonSoftware.com HS "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bdbd01c48958$2c32ca70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have an account segment automatically > fill with zeros if the users tabs through the segment? I have Lookup Plus installed and as near as I can tell it doesn't fill in zeros for you. HSalim wrote: > Yes, you can use a free ...

how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array one?
Hi, In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array? ....... CString strRst; unsigned short strOleChars[100]; strOleChars = strRst; //??? Thank you. Is ConvertStringToBSTR() what you are looking for? AliR. "David" <David_Wang_Xian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e6gbA3avFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short > array? > ...... > CString strRst; > unsigned short strOleChars[100]; > strOleChars = strRst; //??? > > Thank you. > > ...

2007 duplicate accounts?
In previous versions of Money (2005 & 2006) there was a duplicate account problem. I described it previously here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/msg/61a41a7b3e0efcaf http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/msg/b9b1de03d4a5d911 I've searched the group for comments from current M07 users about whether this problem still exists, but haven't found it. If I missed it, my apologies. Would you kindly send me a pointer? If I didn't miss it, has anyone who's using M07 seen this problem? TIA - Mark I'm not using 2007 but I think what...