Controlling user access to MS CRM in a Multi-tenant environment.

Hi all,

How can i prevent concurrent user logging to CRM concurrently using same
logging details. the client has one licence, but other staff members are able
to log onto CRM use same credentials at the same time. i want to be able to
prevent othe people from logging in if there one already logged in.

Phumulani (20)
6/19/2008 6:30:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM 4.0 Report Deployment
Hi When I deploy a custom report (through Web UI) and run it, no data is displayed. The report header, footer, etc, display, but there is no data. To simplify the problem I created a very simple report with no parameters, which selects all from filteredsystemuser, and the problem was the same. This is in a test VPC, the whole environment is contained in the VPC. I am developing/publishing/viewing as the CRM administrator. The steps I took were: - Created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio using Wizard (installed in VPC) - Created a new DataSet called dsTest with a new D...

CRM Email Router #3
Hello, I configured a Workflow in CRM. The workflow is simply a rule where it sends an email everytime a new CRM order is created. I created this work flow from the CRM server using a CRM administrator profile. It does work, but the email notification is not consistent. I realized that it works whenever I have my Outlook client open on the CRM server. If the Outlook client is off, the email notification does not work. How can I get my email notification to work if my Outlook client is closed or if the server is logged off? I do have the email router installed, but not sure how to conf...

End-User License agreement 02-23-10
I had the same question about how to block the pop-up each time I use an office program, but see that there is no way to fix it. Is this problem just with reinstalling office 2003 on a new computer, or is this a "new feature" Microsoft has added to all Office programs? If this is true on Office 2007 and 2010, it seems like another good reason to switch to Apple. -- Husker Bob You don't "block the pop-up", you simply Agree to the EULA with administror permissions. BTW this has been in effect since about 2001. Husker Bob wrote: > I had t...

clicking TOOLS/OPTIONS gives me error msg "cannot access dir D:/"
I need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. But when I click on any tab in the OPTIONS menu it gives me the error message "cannot access dir D:/documents" I may have changed the name of that directory at some point and I suspect that is the problem. However I still need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. How do I fix it? Hi Lori Close Excel Add this directory D:/documents and try again And try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori Rossi" <Lori Rossi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A25E1A-D...

Failure to Display anything but Methods in Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll
I'm using both VS.NET and VS.NET 2003 to attempt to run the "Find all the Incidents for an Account or Contact" code on MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk/htm /findallofthecasesassociatedwithanaccountorcontact.asp). I've added the reference to Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll and also have attempted to use the Microsoft.CRM.ComProxy.dll when the first failed. I am unable to compile as the C# compiler states that both ".Credentials" and ".Url" are not valid properties of the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser class. I used the o...

tab in access
-- I added a tab control to a form what do i do so it should be from right to left? Gal On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 02:57:01 -0700, Gal <Gal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: That is currently not supported. Why do you need it? -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP > >-- I added a tab control to a form what do i do so it should be from right >to left? >Gal I am programing for a company in Israel and they write in hebrew plz help me if u can -- Gal "Gal" wrote: > > -- I added a tab control to a form what do i do so it should be from right ...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

Outlook failure to send Access reports
I email reports from Access using Outlook. At times, the email will hang up in my outbox and will not send even if I open it and try to send it manually. Any of you fine folks know what's going on and how to fix this? Thanks - Ken Smith -- KMS Technical Solutions ...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

HELP: Excel userform version control issue
Hi All, I have an excel userform that is posted on my companys intranet. The issue I am having is, users are saving this form to their hard drive and then using it(Instead of launching it everytime from intranet), SO basically when I have a new version of form on intranet they still use the old version as they have a habbit of saving it on their hard drive. Is there a way to resove this? something like they would see a popup message saying that "This is an older version that you are using, Please launch the form from Intranet for newer version". Thanks in advan...

Sending emailes from Access
Once i week i would like an easy way from access to send out a a email to some customer that query will find. Whats the eaasyest wasy to send a email to about 20- 30 people, the email will be the same to every one, I know i could go throught outlook and do a mail merge but is there a way i can just have a button on a access form that will automatical send out an email to lots of people Thanks very much Any help would be great Best Regards Simon Dickson Poke around the Access EMail FAQ that Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm. There's likely something there...

Outlook Web Access error
Got this error message when trying to access my mailbox from Outlook Web Access. "Unable to get renderer" This happened on a particular machine but work fine on other machine. Anyone know what going on? ...

Product list in CRM v.1.2
Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as i have over 25,000 products to log? -- Regards, Marwa I'm afraid not. This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C062CF1E-EEF8-43B4-AC31-F299BF707252@microsoft.com... Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can ...

Access Reports Disappear
I had a database that I had used for years with no problem. Lately I've noticed that some of the reports are disappearing. Yet, if I try to create a new report with the same name, Access says "Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library." So, I created a new database. The only thing I imported was the tables from the old database. Yet, I'm having the same problem. Has anyone seen this before? Make sure you have SHOW HIDDEN OBJECTS set to YES. Then take a look around for those "missing" reports... "JG" wrote: > I had a da...

Looking for someone who can integrate CRM with GP using SCRIBE Integration tool
Hi, Is anyone out there in Sydney area who would like to help us in doing integration between CRM 4 and GP 10 through SCRIBE integration tool for a fee? We are looking for someone who has already done integration between these two applications using SCRIBE. You will have to do bit of customisations in the SCRIBE standard templates. If anyone available, you can contact me through my email badri1203@gmail.com Badri ...

How to add summary fields to Group Footer in Access Reports?
How do you add a Summary fields to Group Footers in Access? I have a Detail field I want to Sum in the Group Footer in my report. -- Pat Dools ...

When will CRM 2.0 be released?
I was wondering if anyone has a firm(ish) idea when version 2 will be released. I've heard 2005, but that is a little vague. My company has identified a few gaps that should be resolved with the 2005 expected enhancements. If the release is put off until this time next year, we will go ahead and correct now. However, we would like to hold off wasting time\money is Microsoft will deliver within the 1st two quarters of 2005. Thoughts? The latest word is that CRM 2005 should be release sometime in calendar Q2 of 2005. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------...

Fax Server SBS2003 and CRM PRO 3.0
Hi I have 2 server 2003, one is a SBS2003 Standard with exchange and Fax service of Microsoft and one is Windows Server 2003 Standard with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0. I have this problem ..... how i can send the Fax from the SBS2003 in the CRM 3.0? there is a router for the fax at the same of router for enchange? Thanks ...

Best practices on staffing CRM projects post implementation
I am looking for best practices and industry standards for staffing a CRM project post initial implementation. What is needed to be successful, not only from an IT standpoint, but from the business and training sides as well? What would the recommendation be (as far as staffing) needed to successfully support and further develop a CRM solution for a company with 1,500 plus employees, 500 plus CRM users. You might be able to find information through this link http://www.microsoft.com/midsizebusiness/products/business-management-solutions/microsoft-dynamics-crm-40.aspx#overview "Miche...

Spinning Beach Ball
I seem to notice a correlation between seeing the spinning beach ball more often after launching MS Word for OSX. I removed the PDFMaker.Lib and this improved the performance a great deal, but still noticing the SBB more often after launching Word. Anyone know about this? Many Word issues are related to corrupt Word Settings or Normal Template. You could try removing the Word Settings file, then testing. The Normal Template could be renamed, then test. Be sure Word is closed before removing or changing any files. You could also consider running the Remove Office utility and reinstalling Offi...

Exposing Creating User's team membership
Hi, Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the following:- We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding team called siteA). When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value of the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist. I am having trouble retrieving the team membership of the user that created the opportunity. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure where to start looking at this. Thanks Fentp Hi Fen...

How to set Recipient Limits option under Message Delivery for certain users
Dear All, Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient limits...

MS02-011: Authentication Flaw Could Allow Unauthorized Users To Authenticate To SMTP Service
Hello All ! I have problem - when I scan port 25 on our Exchange 5.5 with special XSpider 7.0 port scanner, this program recommend me visit following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-011.mspx for delete potential SMTP open relay. After patch downloading and succsessful installing I scan port 25 again and... scanner show me this recommendation again... What wrong?.. How I can eliminate this problem on Exchange 5.5 Help please! Our Exchange 5.5 (with IMC) run on Windows NT 4.0 SP6. Regards, Benjamin. ...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Can't access below toolbar.
I've used Windows Live mail successfully for several months but now I cannot access anything below the File, Edit, View etc bar. My mouse doesn't get a response from any button below that line. Help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01CB179F.F06F5C60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Trevecchi. That=E2=80=99s a weird one that I haven=E2=80=99t heard before. But = that bar that starts with File | Edit | View... is the Menu Bar, not the = Toolbar. I hate to be...