Controlling Access to Contact's History

Is there a way to set a security role up so a user can't delete items
from a Contact's History? The user would still need rights to read/
write to the contact record.
0
jdm8976 (5)
4/7/2009 6:04:29 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Go to Settings-->business unit settings-->security roles

Choose a role to edit (other than system administrator, you can't
change that one).

Select the Core Records tab.

History, in terms of tasks and appointments, is controlled by the
Activity row.
History, in terms of notes, is controlled by the Note row.

You can set the read and write "pies" seperately from the Delete
"pie".

Clear the Delete "pie" on both activites and notes.  If you don't want
your user to be able to delete contacts, also clear it on the Contact
and Account rows.  This will stop them from being able to delete
contact "history", and optionally contacts and accounts themselves.
You may want them to be able to delete history that they created, in
which case you would set the delete circle to yellow with a quarter
wedge facing downwards.

0
anedza (69)

Problem with OutputTo in Access 2007 + Visual Studio 2005
Please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong group. I'm converting an application I wrote in Visual Studio 2002 + MS Access 2002. It was a console application that was executed from an Access Macro. The application would open up the current Access Database, it would export a particular report to HTML, then it would call a webservice on a remote server to send out the exported file via email to a distribution list. I'm converting this to Visual Studio 2005 + MS Access 2007, so that I can export the reports to PDF. Everything converted over just fine, except that I can no longe...

Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces?
Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces? Kurt ...

Master/content pages: prob with passing a control to JS

Address and e-mail contact list
I do not want the e-mail address of sender automatically added to my contact list How do I suppress No clues here so no help forthcoming. Want assistance? Help us help you. Give your version of Outlook. If Express, post in an Express group - this is not one of them. If you are using the Web interface, look under Internet Explorer as it is a part of IE, not Office. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. A...

Re: Contacts gone: address book still there
Hi all, Following my earlier thread on this topic, I have at last managed to get back on to the pc (XP Pro Sp3), to have another look at my OE there. I tried importing the wab from the laptop, and it took a while as though it was actually doing something, but afterwards there was still nothing showing in the contacts pane even though in Tools/AddressBook they are all there. Next I searched the pc and deleted all the wab files I could find (system and hidden files showing), thinking I might have added too many addresses together, and intending to import a clean set. Blow me ...

how do i add all my suggested contacts to my contacts list?
How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? Are you asking about a beta? http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx -- Russ Valentine "Teagan" <Teagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7812B8CF-1713-48FD-AA3D-0F27BFCF8597@microsoft.com... > How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? CTRL+A to select all of them then just drag and drop... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Aut...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

Administrator Access
I need a way in exchange for an administrator to be able to easily gain access to a user's account... without changing their password. I read that adding users to the "Send on Behalf" list in the active directory account does this, but this is not the case. We need to be able to see a user's account in the exact same way as a user sees it either via outlook or web mail without having to go in and change their password. Additionally I need an easy way to dump email into a user's account. The migration wizard IS NOT the solution. All I want to do is take RFC822 ...

Contact and DL
Any thing which comes to me@companydomain.com must also go to abc@hotmail.com and def@companydomain.com companydomain.com is our domain. I created a Distribution Group and added abc@hotmail.com and def@companydomain.com to that group. Now when I send a test message from gmail.com to me@companydomain.com a copy went to abc@hotmail.com but no copy came to def@mycomanydomain.com. Advise as to how can I forward to multiple receipients? Thank you. You're leaving stuff out so I can't tell what you might have done wrong. That is, you can't add SMTP addresses to a group, so you ...

the program "access"
I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. my attempts are failing In article <1191720385.419936.207900@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, stevelaudig@gmail.com wrote: > I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get > to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. > my attempts are failing See http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/RelationalOffice.htm and http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/ExcelHome.htm You ca...

Save and Close Error in accounts and contacts
Hi - Just upgraded to CRM 4 and am noticing an error when accessing via the web: When I his either save and close or save and new in an account or a contact I get an error popup - "Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error Please tell Microsoft about this problem..... The XML report that is sent to MS is as follows: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Syntax error</Message> <Line>106</Line> <URL>/ORG NAME/sfa/conts/...

Import contacts from Public Folder into Address List
Hi, we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as it was published as such. Now I have a Public Folder full on contacts but I need to move them back to the Address List which has been recreated but is now empty. Does amyone know how I may go about this? Thanks Simon Sorry, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Thanks "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to > restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as i...

Excel to Access database
Does anyone know how to convert a Excel document to an Access database? I got this link off of Microsoft.com http://tinyurl.com/2nqo5 If I understand correctly, I could enter data into an excell spreadsheet, which I am at least somewhat familiar with. When I'm done, I could convert it into a new Access database without setting up the Access forms. Any help is greatly appreciated. Gordon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Gordon: Hi. If there are headers to your columns, they should be in row1. In Access, start a new database file. In the "Tables"...

Excel template and access questions
We are going to use the Excel purhase order templates. We need to save each order in order to refer back to it. Is there a way to do this without saving each individual file (order)? Can we save in some sort of easy to locate "batch"? Also, is there a way to transfer a template that we have done (and all the data realted to it) into a Acess database withouthaveing to so much tweaking? If you have Access, I would suggest creating your purchase order database in Access and then having a mail merge push this information into an Excel template as needed, rather than going the othe...

Convert old Q&A database to access
Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database to Access? There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of death, cemetary, war if any. This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for years and need to get something modern. I will build the Acces piece for free. But if I can't convert the data for free the project is dead. There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help. I didn't have enough time to look at it so far. thanks in advance, Mark Can Q&A export to .CSV (or any...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

Adding additional Public Contact & Calendar Features
Any quick guide to adding additional Contact lists and public features to the public folders for separating to different clients/permissions? 2003 Mike Is there a better Exchange group to ask this? Mike "Michael Gregg" <mike@nospam.alyrica.net> wrote in message news:%23N1DuxJNEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Any quick guide to adding additional Contact lists and public features to > the public folders for separating to different clients/permissions? > > 2003 > > Mike > > ...

Runtime Control Addition
Hello everybody, I was searching the net for any resource that helps me on the subject of Adding Controls at runtime into a MFC application. I also wanted to handle the messages as well. Please help me on the subject with any tips or resources you know. Thank you so much. Shervin Hello Shervin, > Hello everybody, > > I was searching the net for any resource that helps me on the subject > of > Adding Controls at runtime into a MFC application. I also wanted to > handle > the messages as well. > Please help me on the subject with any tips or resources you know. >...

Button Control Event: question
I have a small dialog that prints data it queries from a server to a listbox when a user presses a start button. What I'd like to do is to have the data continually print after the button is pressed until the user presses a stop button. So, I guess I would need to initiate some kind of continuous loop for the data querying/printing, but I'm unsure how to get the stop button to break the loop. If this even the best solution. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could accomplish this, or perhaps a better design idea? Thanks, Marcus Marcus wrote: > I have a small dialog that prints d...

Which Controls to Build a Parent/Child Web Form
Hi there, I'm quite new to asp.net, but know exactly how to do this using classic ASP, but would like some pointers for aspnet2. I've got data being returned from an SP which looks like this: HeaderItem ChildItem A A1 A A2 A A3 B B1 etc I want to display the data like this A - This is the header record A1 A2 A3 B - Header 2 B1 etc. In classic ASP I'd write out my header row html when HeaderItem changes value and then write the Child Rows. As I've on...

Error accessing database
Hi all, I'm trying to log into a newly added database, but get the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Prodecure or function smCleanUpFilesBeforeLigin has too many arguments specified. Then, clicking OK, you get another one: The stored procedure smCleanUpFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: 8144, Great Plains: 0. What has happened there, and how can I resolve it please? This happens even when logging in as 'sa' to the database. Thanks all, John ...

Contacts List Closes Outlook
A user in our company recent found that when using the Contacts, as soon as he scrolls down the program locks up and closes without warning or any dialog box. Any Ideas? ...

Address Book renaming contacts. (2 questions)
For WHATEVER reason Outlook 2002 - XP is renaming my contacts in my address book.. so when I try and use autocomplete it doesn't work. (Type in "Sha" to get the choice between Shadow and Sha'mer and it just gives me Sha'mer) So - gritting my teeth - I go in and change the name of the contact BACK to Shadow and it STILL doesn't register in the autocomplete. 1) How the (ahem) do I get Outlook to stop renaming my contacts? 2) How do I get it to recognize names in the autocomplete? I now have about 7 that it doesn't, and it's a royal pain. Thanks for your tim...

Install program build on Access 2003 on Window 7?
I have an application designed by a professional progammer that was built on Access 2003 with VBA. I am going to give it to students to run on their laptops. Some of them may have Vista or Window 7 operating systems. Will the application install and run? It installs with a 2003 RT version. I have found that the RT has to be removed when install on a machine with Office 2007. -- Ed Comp Analyst Whether or not it'll work on Vista or Win7 depends on whether the application was packaged correctly. Both Vista and Win7 are stricter about where the application (i.e. the MDB o...

Export Contact
Hi, I am using Outlook 97, I want to export the Contact folder and then import to my laptop's Outlook 2002. How to do it. Thanks Jimmy File | Import and Export | export to file - export in .PST format. Transfer it, ensure it is not set to read-only, open it via File | Open .... copy the items to your Outlook 2003 Contacts folder. "Jimmy" <hk2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%230dg$KQjFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook 97, I want to export the Contact folder and then import > to my laptop's Outlook 2002. > > ...