Contacts View

We have setup are contacts by first name, last name.

Can this be changed so that everyone views them by last name, first name
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Brian McFarland" <BrianMcFarland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CDD39DFB-02EA-42D2-86F1-D5128D683638@microsoft.com...
> We have setup are contacts by first name, last name.
>
> Can this be changed so that everyone views them by last name, first name

    Settings/Organization/System Settings.  I believe it doesn't update the
existing records, until you make a change to the name...such as adding a
space, which gets trimmed anyway.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Even a philosopher gets upset with a toothache.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~

0
Steve

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

Copy my contacts to disc on a disc in Outlook 2003
I want to copy my e-mail contacts to a disc. I have Outlook 2003. I found out a way to copy to a xls file,but it comes out with too many columns. I would rather just copy it the way it is my contact folder, alphabetically or the way it is in my address book. Your Contacts are not separate from the rest of your Outlook data, so you would copy your entire data file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com...

how retreive outlook contact and calander file from crashed PC?
Hi, WinXP home stopped loading this afternoon. I pulled the 2.5 " drive and have it in an external bay and plugged it into a laptop via the USB port. The drive is fine. I copied off most data files, but can't get to the desktop. It tells me I don't have adm. permission. There's one file there I want to get, but so far, no luck. Is there a way to retrieve the files Outlook 2007 uses for the calander and install/import them to a different Computer? That's my main concern right now. If so, is it as simple as copying a file and pasting it? Any help much appriciate. Mike...

export CRM contacts\mail address's to outlook
Is there a way that anyone knows how to AUTO export and import the contacts from MSCRM, into outlook contacts. either by using windows scheduler or some other means. I have a client that will be using CRM with ExactTarget so having the ability to send mailshots on behalf of others (like outlook). BUT not all of their users have access to CRM, they want to have some scheduler to auto export the crm mail contacts out of CRM and into a public folder contacts list. Anyone got some great ideas? cheers J -- Thanks again for all the help Hi, We are using scrib from scribesoft, who can sche...

view the reference and not the value
Dear All, I am trying to bring in 5 sheets a value (text) from the first sheet. When i typing the equal (=) in the sheet2 i saw the reference and not the value. Any solution for that ? i am using the XP edition Thanks in advance Manos Hi 1. check that your target cell is not formated as 'Text'. change the format to 'General' and re-enter the formula 2. If this does not help goto 'Tools - Options - View' and uncheck 'Formulas' >-----Original Message----- >Dear All, > > >I am trying to bring in 5 sheets a value (text) from the >firs...

View pareto chart by sorting the max number on the bottom
Is it possible to format the pareto chart by sorting the maximun number show in the bottom of each bar and ignore sort by Legend item? The order is determined by the Row Source of the chart. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "sq75222" wrote: > Is it possible to format the pareto chart by sorting the maximun number show > in the bottom of each bar and ignore sort by Legend item? > > ...

Allow us to change default view in Account Activity History.
In the current version of CRM (3.0) the default views of the History View cannot be changed. I would like to be able to set it to "All" not just the most recent. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Comm...

importing email and contacts from a file
I'm running Outlook 2007 and want to import my mail and contacts (address book) from the saved files of my older outlook. I've already been using Outlook for a few weeks and I was wondering if I can merge the existing e-mails with the mails in the file? Is it possible? Thank you! mgm Never import Outlook data. To merge the files, just open the older file and copy what you want from it into the new file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mgm" <mgm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eLGbc2MoHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm running Outlook 2007 and ...

Exchange 5.5 and Public Contact Folder
We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an item in there? thanks if you change the view on the folder and add the "from" field, you should be able to see... "Steve" <sschmeg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OVaz%23mnxEHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who > creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an > item in there? > > thanks > >...

WebBrowser in "Browse View" mode
I’m using a sub-class of CHtmlEditCtrl in a VC++ dialog box. The only thing it does is display an HTML resource (due to the following override): virtual LPCTSTR GetStartDocument() { TCHAR lpszModule[_MAX_PATH]; if (GetModuleFileName(AfxGetResourceHandle(), lpszModule, _MAX_PATH)) { m_strHtmlAbout.Format(_T("res://%s/%d"), lpszModule, m_nIdHtml); } return m_strHtmlAbout; } Which tells the WebBrowser control to load "document" from a resource out of the executable. This works just fine. The problem I’m having is that the HTML page being displayed has a hyper lin...

customized views disappear
Every so often my customized views for various folders just disappear. I've created them by copying the current view and modifying the copy, but periodically my copies disappear from the View menu. It seems to pick on my Tasks views regularly, while other customized views (e.g. mail) are fine. This is an Outlook 2002 w/Exchange server environment. Any ideas? ...

CRM Views should have easier scrolling
When adding or modifying a CRM view by adding columns, you may have to scroll left/right to see view contents. Then you may have to scroll up/down. However, you can't see up/down scroll bar and column one contents at the same time. This needs a fix. your totally right. Right now the only way to keep this becoming an issue is to not add too many fields so the vertical scroll bar dissapears. The only solution I can see would be to have a vertical scroll bar on both sides of the view. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Larry" <Larry@dis...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 tasks view question
In Microsoft Outlook 2003, I am able to define a customized view of each column, under the Tasks section. Is it possible to share the same customized view of the Tasks with other users? In other words, when other users open a shared view of a Task, I want them to see the same column structure as I see. If it is possible to propagate or share my defined view of columns, can someone describe the procedure? Thanks kindly. Joseph There is not an easy "copy this to everyone" command but its possible. When you create the view, use the option to share it with everyone. When they vie...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Lost contact list 04-22-10
I amusing Windows live mail...it had no problem picking up my contacts from Outlook Express. Now that I syncronized messages from my Hotmail e-mail account and my Telus email account into Windows Live, my contact list is only the two contacts from the hotmail account. All the rest are gone. They are still in the Address Book, but I cant access them How can I get it back into Windows Live Mail ??? Help please. You signed into the Hotmail account when you started Windows Live Mail. This is optional and not at all related to getting your mail. When you sign in, WLM sync...

HELP! Viewing/opening messages crashes Outlook 2007
I have Outlook 2007 running on a new Dell Dimension 9200 PC with Windows Vista Ultimate. It was all working fine for past two weeks when I closed down my PC last night, and I had not installed any new software or updates since. I now find I can forward or reply to messages OK, but if I try to just read them them in the reading pane, Outlook immediately says it has stopped working and restarts. It then opens without the reading pane enabled, but if I double-click a message to read it (without the reading pane enabled), it again crashes and restarts. I have spent all morning on the phone...

What file to look for on my hard drive back up to recover my Entourage contact list?

Word 2003 view doesn't show space at document top and bottom
I have Word 2003 and Windows 7. All at once, when I open a new document (Ctrl+n) or sometimes an old existing one, the view, which is in Print Layout, gets rid of the space at the top and the bottom of the page. I have to "work around" and click View<Header and Footer<Close. Then it is ok as long as I have the document open. But when I save and close the document and open it again, the same thing happens - the space is gone from the top and bottom. I don't know the correct terminology to describe this, but I hope you can understand. How does this happen,...

VC++ .NET 2002: How To Use the Class View's Properties window to add a message handler for the WN_KEYDOWN message
Hi all I used "The EX05c Example: Scrolling" of the book "Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference" (6th Edition) as my 3rd example of MFC exercises to catch up my VC++ .NET 2002 (VC++ 7.0) programming. I started my 'Eg05c' project in the MFC Application Wizard and followed the 1 thru 7 steps instructed in the book (pages 82-85) I believed I did the steps 1, 2 and 3 correctly: 1 - In MFC Application Wizard -Eg05c, I setthe CEg05cView to "CScrollView" 2 - I added the m_rectEllipse and m_nColor data members in Eg05cView.h by typing in "...

Viewing emails in preview pane
In Outlook Express with the preview pane on, if I use shift select to select what look like junk emails, as I add each new email to the selection (by holding Shift and pressing the down-arrow key) the most recently highlighted email is displayed in the preview pane, so I can see the email as I select it, and quickly decide if it really is junk. In Outlook (v2000 and 2003 IIRC) only the first selected email is shown in the preview pane, so I am unable to quickly verify that the latest one being added to the selection really is junk. Is there an option to make Outlook behave like Outlook E...

Email from non-CRM contact
I am getting ready to start customizing CRM for a Service implementation. The majority of support requests will come via email queues. Users will then convert to a case. About 80% of the emails will come from CRM contacts. The other 20% will come from non-CRM contacts. What is the best way to manage these emails? IE: do we have to create a CRM contact before creating the case? If not, can we just associate the case to the Account and list the originating email address directly on the case form? How are other people handling this scenario? ...

Importing accounts and contacts from cdf using CRM migration assistant : nothing happens
Hello ! I spent almost the night to import datas for my small business, everything seems fine in the cdf database, but when I try to move data using the assistant, nothing happens, no records are pumped, and I have no errors. I customized some attributes in the account element, prepared the cdf database from CRM, imported my data ( 11000 accounts ) in cdf, checked the requested values ( seem fine - I use no guid, it's right ? ) and when I execute the import procedure, select only accounts and contacts, everything goes fast, and finally show 0 records moved of 0 : I am having th...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

Export portfolio view to excel
I am using Money 2004, and I have customized a view that I would like to be able to export to excel. I see how to export reports, but not views, like this portfolio view. Is there a way to do this? I tried moneylink add-on, but it does not provide the info I am after. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, maydog wrote: >I am using Money 2004, and I have customized a view that I would like to be >able to export to excel. I see how to export reports, but not views, like >this portfolio view. Is there a way to do this? I tried moneylink add-on, but >it does not provide the info I...

Related Fields in sub activities view
CRM 4.0 In the standard My Activities view I am able to display information from the Account (Regarding) i.e. industry, city etc. When switching to Phone Call or Appointment, the information is not displayed even though the facility is there in admin to add these fields - is there a fix for this? ...