Contacts Tab

Hi

Under the Contacts tab of an Account record the only two columns
displayed are Full Name and Company Phone. Is there any way to add
other columns, for example, job title?

If not in this version (v1.2) is there any word of this being included
in version 2?

Thanks
Lee
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can customize tables, view and forms - add or remove fields, columns,
and textbox using CRM Customization. So answer to your question is YES, it
is possible
"Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Under the Contacts tab of an Account record the only two columns
> displayed are Full Name and Company Phone. Is there any way to add
> other columns, for example, job title?
>
> If not in this version (v1.2) is there any word of this being included
> in version 2?
>
> Thanks
> Lee

0
Zoran
9/22/2004 10:54:28 AM
You want to Edit Associated View for the Contact object. Go to the System
Customization, choose Contacts and on the left menu is "Edit Associated View"
where you can add or remove columns.

"Lee" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Under the Contacts tab of an Account record the only two columns
> displayed are Full Name and Company Phone. Is there any way to add
> other columns, for example, job title?
>
> If not in this version (v1.2) is there any word of this being included
> in version 2?
>
> Thanks
> Lee

Matt, That has worked and is exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks
Lee

MattNC <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<227AF52E-2071-49B2-BB1C-5C76F4C2FA16@microsoft.com>...
> You want to Edit Associated View for the Contact object. Go to the System
> Customization, choose Contacts and on the left menu is "Edit Associated View"
> where you can add or remove columns.
>

> "Lee" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Under the Contacts tab of an Account record the only two columns
> > displayed are Full Name and Company Phone. Is there any way to add
> > other columns, for example, job title?
> >
> > If not in this version (v1.2) is there any word of this being included
> > in version 2?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Lee

export CRM contacts\mail address's to outlook
Is there a way that anyone knows how to AUTO export and import the contacts from MSCRM, into outlook contacts. either by using windows scheduler or some other means. I have a client that will be using CRM with ExactTarget so having the ability to send mailshots on behalf of others (like outlook). BUT not all of their users have access to CRM, they want to have some scheduler to auto export the crm mail contacts out of CRM and into a public folder contacts list. Anyone got some great ideas? cheers J -- Thanks again for all the help Hi, We are using scrib from scribesoft, who can sche...

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

how retreive outlook contact and calander file from crashed PC?
Hi, WinXP home stopped loading this afternoon. I pulled the 2.5 " drive and have it in an external bay and plugged it into a laptop via the USB port. The drive is fine. I copied off most data files, but can't get to the desktop. It tells me I don't have adm. permission. There's one file there I want to get, but so far, no luck. Is there a way to retrieve the files Outlook 2007 uses for the calander and install/import them to a different Computer? That's my main concern right now. If so, is it as simple as copying a file and pasting it? Any help much appriciate. Mike...

Copy my contacts to disc on a disc in Outlook 2003
I want to copy my e-mail contacts to a disc. I have Outlook 2003. I found out a way to copy to a xls file,but it comes out with too many columns. I would rather just copy it the way it is my contact folder, alphabetically or the way it is in my address book. Your Contacts are not separate from the rest of your Outlook data, so you would copy your entire data file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com...

OnEvent Click and Tab Controls
Good Day All.. I have an issue that I had posted previously but it did not get resolved. It may partially be my fault for not explaining my need/question correctly. I have a form. The form contains a subform. & a tab control. The subform has 3 fields listed for the user: ShipTo, BillTo & Account Name The tab control has 3 tabs. The first tab is where I am struggling right now. I want the user to select ('click') on the "account" in the subform (data sheet) at the top. Once they click the "account" the fields on the tab control will then fill wit...

importing email and contacts from a file
I'm running Outlook 2007 and want to import my mail and contacts (address book) from the saved files of my older outlook. I've already been using Outlook for a few weeks and I was wondering if I can merge the existing e-mails with the mails in the file? Is it possible? Thank you! mgm Never import Outlook data. To merge the files, just open the older file and copy what you want from it into the new file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mgm" <mgm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eLGbc2MoHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm running Outlook 2007 and ...

Exchange 5.5 and Public Contact Folder
We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an item in there? thanks if you change the view on the folder and add the "from" field, you should be able to see... "Steve" <sschmeg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OVaz%23mnxEHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who > creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an > item in there? > > thanks > >...

what tab for calculating percent and decimal?
I want to find the percent for each column. Which tab do I click to get the drop down choice for percent. I found it once and forgot to remember it. I also remember seeing the dropdown had decimal as well. I am just starting to explore using this for my grading system at school. Today is my first day exploring this site. try format>cells or right click>format>>>> -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BBF5660-5CD7-4756-9972-D980105...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Lost contact list 04-22-10
I amusing Windows live mail...it had no problem picking up my contacts from Outlook Express. Now that I syncronized messages from my Hotmail e-mail account and my Telus email account into Windows Live, my contact list is only the two contacts from the hotmail account. All the rest are gone. They are still in the Address Book, but I cant access them How can I get it back into Windows Live Mail ??? Help please. You signed into the Hotmail account when you started Windows Live Mail. This is optional and not at all related to getting your mail. When you sign in, WLM sync...

What file to look for on my hard drive back up to recover my Entourage contact list?

Email from non-CRM contact
I am getting ready to start customizing CRM for a Service implementation. The majority of support requests will come via email queues. Users will then convert to a case. About 80% of the emails will come from CRM contacts. The other 20% will come from non-CRM contacts. What is the best way to manage these emails? IE: do we have to create a CRM contact before creating the case? If not, can we just associate the case to the Account and list the originating email address directly on the case form? How are other people handling this scenario? ...

Importing accounts and contacts from cdf using CRM migration assistant : nothing happens
Hello ! I spent almost the night to import datas for my small business, everything seems fine in the cdf database, but when I try to move data using the assistant, nothing happens, no records are pumped, and I have no errors. I customized some attributes in the account element, prepared the cdf database from CRM, imported my data ( 11000 accounts ) in cdf, checked the requested values ( seem fine - I use no guid, it's right ? ) and when I execute the import procedure, select only accounts and contacts, everything goes fast, and finally show 0 records moved of 0 : I am having th...

Problem with multiline tab control #2
Hi, I have a problem with a tab control that I just can't seem to figure out. I have a tab control that made multi-line capable with m_ctrlTab.ModifyStyle(TCS_MULTILINE,TCS_MULTILINE); but, ever since I made the change I can't seem to display whichever tab I want upon application startup. It used to be a regular single-line tab (with 5 tabs) but I'm running out of space which is why I need a multiline solution. I have 6 tabs right now, three in one row. My code looks like this: ------------------------------- snip ------------------------------- BOOL Cxxxx:OnInitDialog() { ...

Tab sequence on Item Maintenance screen
When creating new items on the Item Maintenance screen and tabbing through the fields. The 3rd tab takes you to the Generic Description field, which users may then enter. The next tab takes you to the Class ID field, if you select a Class ID for the item and update the item with information from the class the Generic Description you entered is over-written. While I agree with this functionality, the suggestion is that the tab sequence on the screen should be changed so that when tabbing through the fields you are prompted to select the Class ID first so the Generic Description (and a...

Not recorded unless tab opened
I created a form with four tabs and (registration, progress,delivery of baby, and after delivery care. When i creat a new patient record in registration by putting name some details in the registration tab, if i close it at that point, the record cannot be recovered back into the form. However its in the table when i look for it. The surprising issue is if i open the delivery of baby tab and i only put in one single information, then i can recover that information on the form . The patient record will only be recovered if i fill the delivery of baby tab and no other tab allows th...

Relationship between Contact and Opportunity is not shown on C. Si
Roles assigned to contacts in sales projects (opportunities) are not visible on the contacts side. Neither when the opportunity is open nor when it has been closed. Such, you are not able to see in which projects the contact was/is involved. This is clear break in the UI, where information should be accessible from all referred objects. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

CRM Contacts in Outlook Address Book
Hi, We have successfully installed the Outlook clients for CRM 3.0 - both the offline and the online version. All users have the same Accounts and Contacts available in the Outlook Address Book under the Microsoft CRM section. But the relations available are not immediately explainable - they dont seem to be related to the Local Data filters and there seem to be no relation to any configuration setting or saved search. What data is shown here?. Any help on this? TIA! Items in the address book include all instances that you can see which have a primary email address. These are unrelated ...

add contacts to email addressbook, when option greyed out?
if i goto contacts/properties/outlook address book , the option to "show this folder as an address book is greyed out. i cannot use the conternts folder or any othe folder i have created as a adress boook it always remains greyed out. any ideas please? Create a new mail profile - you have given precious little information on your setup but I would bet dollars to donuts that you attempted to transfer your data using Windows Easy Transfer. That never works for OUtlook data without creating a corrupt profile. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep ...

Duplicate (Ghost) Folders in Contacts
After a major crash of our company's Exchange Server I now have multiple contact folders with the same name when I go to email a message and go to the address books to find the name. They do not appear in the Contacts only when I click on TO: in an email message. For instance I have a folder called Distribution, there are two of these folders displayed. One works and the other when you click on it puts up an error ("The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not ha...

Import Calendar and Contacts
How do import contacts and calendars from a previous version of Outlook 2007on an older computer? You would never use Import for this. Use one of the supported methods we post here daily. Need help reading this group? -- Russ Valentine "EDMDBill" <EDMDBill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:609B8447-351F-467E-8575-FE168280B48A@microsoft.com... > How do import contacts and calendars from a previous version of Outlook > 2007on an older computer? Here. I found this post which I make almost daily: Take a look at these pages for info on Outloo...

Outlook 2000 Contacts folder
Re: Outlook 2000 Contacts folder 'allo, I run W2k Pro sp4 / Office 2k on a little desktop at home. The OS is up-to-date. Outlook 2000 is at 9.0.0.9211 and I currently use it for internet Email (only). The Contacts folder is corrupt and cannot be repaired. Gory details are in thread "Outlook 2000 Contacts folder dysfunctional" (not recommended reading). Can anyone explain how I might go about deleting (or renaming or whatever) the old Contacts folder and starting a new one from "scratch"? TIA, Puddin' **************************************************...

Outlook 2k not getting networked contacts
We have an office network with three XP machines and 2 Win 98 machines. the secretary's XP machine has outlook 2003, which has all the most recent updates of clients and business contacts (as in, when info is entered, it's only on this machine). One of our win98 machines, when booting up (this is also what we consider the "main server"), gets an error that says it can't connect to a particular shared folder over the network (this would be the folder on the afore-mentioned XP machine that houses the main Outlook information that we need to access). Of course, ...

Contacts all gone
Hi folks, I upgraded my motherboard and now Outlook cannot find my contacts or emails. Any suggesstions would be welcome. Thanks, Danny You'll have to provide more information, such as the Outlook version and the symptoms. What else did you change? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Danny J" <danny.jurmann@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:OhZvWMZqEHA.1688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi folks, > > I ...

Need to retrive contacts from external Maxtor drive
I had to restore my computer but had a back up on Maxtor extrnal drive. I now realize I have lost a few contacts from my Outlook 2003 account. Is there any way of retrieving them from my back up? I have searched for .pst but do not find any separate files. Thanks. "Terri" <terri@mylanusa.com> wrote in message news:%23wf8hhNxHHA.4392@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I had to restore my computer but had a back up on Maxtor extrnal drive. I >now realize I have lost a few contacts from my Outlook 2003 account. Is >there any way of retrieving them from my back up? I have ...