Contact with multiple Email Addresses

I have the Tracking device on in CRM 4.0, which is tracking all incoming and
outgoing emails for leads, contacts and accounts.  I am wondering if it is
possible to add/track multiple email addresses for one contact.  Is there
anyway to associate more than one email address for an entity?

Thanks, Geoff
0
geoff (60)
1/19/2010 2:41:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

A contact (and also account and lead) has three e-mail fields. CRM uses all
these fields for email tracking.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
CRM/.NET Consultant

Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx

"Geoff" wrote:

> I have the Tracking device on in CRM 4.0, which is tracking all incoming and
> outgoing emails for leads, contacts and accounts.  I am wondering if it is
> possible to add/track multiple email addresses for one contact.  Is there
> anyway to associate more than one email address for an entity?
>
> Thanks, Geoff
0
Patrick2861 (490)

multiple conditional formats
How can I set up a worksheet for more than 3 conditional formats You can't. You would have to use a VBA macro to apply the formatting, which would be static and not change with changes in the cell values -- you'd have to run the macro again. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:57:03 -0700, "RC" <RC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I set up a worksheet for more than 3 conditional formats On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:57:03 -0700, "RC" <RC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I set up a worksheet for more than 3 conditional formats You can use ...

Outlook email password always requested
I use MS Outlook 2002 SP3 in Vista. The email password is asked for every time. Is there a fix for this? James A known issue - see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, James Truelove asked: | I use MS Outlook 2002 SP3 in Vista. The email password is asked for | every time. Is there a fix for this? | James "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wr...

Missing Text in emails replied to via Lotus Notes
I use Outlook 2003 to create emails. Using either plain text or html format, when I send the email to a colleague who uses Lotus Notes, and they hit reply to the email type their response. I do not receive or read any of their text in the incoming mail in Outlook. If I use an alternative Email client such as Pegasus, I can read their text. What can I do to fix this, how can I get the missing text back from within Outlook, without getting them to re-create a new email with their response? I think that I have solved this. I think that when the option to remove blank lines is ticked. Ou...

2-D charting with multiple rows
I have a power user who wishes to increase the size of his 2-D graphics but is limited to using 32000 records. He needs to be able to use 64,000 records. Any suggestions? I think this might be something that is changed in regedit but I am not sure. Thanks! Yep, and you can bypass the 256 column limit with Windows API calls. Joking aside, how about two series, formatted identically. If you have duplicate entries in the legend, select the legend, then select the text of one entry, and press the Delete key. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorial...

Allow a contact to use its Account's addresses
Since contacts associated to an Account all use the same addresses, allow a contact to use its Account's addresses ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9c809...

Outlook Express
In Outlook Express, all entries go into the 'Main Identity's Contacts' folder. If I move an entry into a sub folder, it still also remains in the Main Identity's folder. Is it possible to delete entries from this folder but still keep them in a sub folder or to delete the Main Identity's folder altogether and just keep sub folders for common groups? ...

Outlook contacts list issue
I am in the process of recovering data from an anchange disaster. I had all of the mailboxes recovered and are all in PST files. I am now going through and showing users how to import their calendars, contacts, mail etc. When a user imports his/her contacts, everything goes fine until they try to use those contacts through the address book. The address book does not show any contacts added by the import. Any newly created contacts are visible. I have found that if I change the email address of an imported contact, that contact will then appear in the address book. This indicates ...

Email blocked
Hello All I have a problem with receiving email from a certain domain, I can receive email from one user at that domain but not from any other user, there ISP is telling them that it is on our side that it is being blocked, we have nortons doing filtering but the emails are not even gettting to the filters, we can receive email from everybody else with no problem, we have exchnge 2000, could this be a DNS issue or is it coming from there ISP that is hosting there email, we can receive email from other domains that there ISP is hosting with no problem. ...

Where have my emails gone?
Hi there, we are in the process of merging with a new parent company and currently have two mail boxes setup in Outlook. I copied some mails from one mail box to the other and they have left the original mailbox but do not appear in the new one. However, I can find the messages by using a Search Folder. Apparently, the messages are in a folder called IPM_SUBTREE. What is that? ...

duplicate contacts
I was having trouble with CRM contacts merging into an Outlook Client. It doesn't seem to be working. What this user wants is for all of his contacts to be CRM contacts. Can someone tell me if CRM synchronizes CRM to Outlook or the other way? Anyway, I have triplets for most of the contacts now? Is there a way to remove duplicates in crm? The only thing I have found on the web is to merge them but that is a one by one process. Any advice would be helpful. Hey Tim, One of the intentions for merging records is to help you combine information from 2 duplicate records into one, and ...

Not getting all my emails
computer with XP and OE crashed. Have W7 now... downloaded windows live... can send and recieve but not getting all of my emails... (have other accounts set up with same email address.. am getting emails there but not all in W7). Have a Pop3 account. Never any problems with OE... don't understand why I recieve some emails and not others... some emails I send and people reply to I am not getting either. Any help would be appreciated. Are these actual different accounts, or different e-mail addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? How are they set up? (i.e. rules moving t...

CRM Email 12-29-03
I have successfully installed the email router, and i was able to send emails from crm and successfully receive them (both to company domain and outside clients). I have noticed though: 1. when i send email activity to CRM users (CRMEmailEnabled attribute assigned), they do not receive this in their queue - actually the application should generate another activity appending CRMxxxx to the subject line which doesn't happen in this case 2. Internal mails (company domain) We can not send emails to CRM. I have followed the steps in the guide, created a queue...everything and i am still...

How do I reactivate the incomplete address checK?
I accidentally deselected this and I need to have outlook check the addresses of my contacts! "violetpilot" <violetpilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CEB8A9F-AA31-418D-BD5C-BA998AC55D31@microsoft.com... >I accidentally deselected this and I need to have outlook check the addresses > of my contacts! Enter a portion of the address and press Ctrl+K to check for addresses. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] That would depend on your Outlook version which you should never fail to mention when you ask a question. In my my version it is i...

Integration Manager to multiple companies
I am trying to determine if it is possible to create an integration using IM with e-connect adapter from one source (data file ) to multiple companies in Great Plains. Right now it is required to run the integration several times and sometimes errors (end user) occur. We are trying to avoid this situation. If anyone has suggestions I woudl appreciate it. -- Patti typically....NO There are a few master tables with triggers available so that records imported there can be copied to others...but only a few. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for So...

hlp: 5.5 to 2003 multiple sites
Hello. My company is fairly large, with our site hosting about 5000 and having site links to other company divisions. I'm pretty new and I've mostly used Exchange 2000/2003 but never in an environment this large. The plan is to break the external site connectors, put ADC on, populate external email corp contacts from those sites by corp pushing them as mail contacts into our AD , deploy a 2003 box and start moving people/servers to 2003. The concern is that users have made contacts from the GAL corporation wide, which are tied back to other site 5.5 entries. And the assumpt...

Need help removing characters in multiple cells
I have an excel 2007 sheet that has over 300 cells in a column that have a name of a store plus a number between paranethesis. Is there a one step way I can remove the paranethesis? Here is an example: K-Mart (ABC#73846365) and I want to have just the following K-Mart Each cell has a different store name and set of numbers within the paranethesis. Thanks Select the range to fix. Edit|replace what: _(* (spacebar, open paren, asterisk) with: (leave blank) replace all It looked like you'd want to remove the space character after the t in k-mart. "<----- Mardm...

Can I insert multiple scales on the Y axis of a single XY graph?
I am trying to plot three parameters on a single XY line chart. Is it possible io have three different scales charted to cover all the three parameters which are quite variable numerically? Using Excel 2000 No, you can only have a left and a right y-axis. Workaround: let's assume one series has very small numbers; have a column with these values multiplied by say 1000; plot this column and use a legend like "voltage x 1000" If one series is too large, have a column with the numbers divided; legend "Sales in $million) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people...

pst didn't bring calendar and contacts along.
From: Outlook 2007 on Windows XP Pro SP2 To: Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista Ultimate I have moved the pst from the XP system to the Vista system via USB Flash memory drive and placed it on the desktop. I have been to File | Open | Outlook Data File... Opened the pst on the desk top. I get no Calendar or Contacts. Where did I slip up? Sounds like you copied the wrong PST file. An archive PST file would contain no Contacts or Calendar, for example. Also, are you certain you examined this file in all views and not just the Mail view? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Chuck Davis&quo...

Multiple Exchange Servers and Email Router
When installing CRM 4 Email Router in an environment with 2 Exchange servers, where do I need to install the Email Router? it is not requirement in CRM 4.0 to install the exchange router on exchange. All you need to do is to choose the exchange server name while configuring the router . I myself had installed the router on CRM server. /Aamir ...

how do I add a 'web address' to a cell in excel with a hyperlink?
how do I add a 'web address' to a cell in excel with a hyperlink? I am a new student to computers, and part of a test is to insert a hyperlink to a cell in excel linking to a web address. I have searched computer for any 'Hyperlink' connection words, but I think it not on here, Is that possible, although I have top of range computer. Anyone with a solution? I be ever so greatful. in xl2002 ctrl+k>in the link to select existing web page>either type in (at the bottom) or point to the url on your browser>enter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austi...

Email deletion over X amount of time for subfolders
I'm trying to configure the mailbox manager so it cleans out everyone's mailbox once a week for emails that are over a year old. I had no problem with cleaning out the Inbox, but none of the emails in the subfolders are deleted. I selected 'All Other Mail Folders' option, but that didn't work. Anyone know how to go about doing this or having this same problem? Thanks, John ...

Creating multiple reply to address
I want to create multiple reply to addresses in Outlook Express. Is this possible? For example, when I send you an e-mail from my laptop, and you click REPLY, I want it to send an e-mail to stevertr@shrewsbury.net AND stevertr@blackberry.com I know how to create a reply to address of course, but I can't get it to accept more than one. Tried using a colon, semi colon, comma etc... Steve This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, and 2003. If you have questions regarding Outlook Express please post your question in one of the applicable groups: microsoft.public....

Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 crashes when downloading email
I have tried everything to try and figure out why Outlook is crashing. I ran sfc, I reinstalled XP SP3, IE 8, Outlook 2007 and as a last try installed Outlook 2010. I tried new email profiles and I ran a full scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malaware but nothing! This thing is driving me crazy! I don't want to do a reinstall of XP as I would rather spend the time on Windows 7 in a few months down the road when I spec out some hardware. Is there anything left to try???? What's logged to the Event Viewer about this? Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/...

Sending attachments using Business Contact Manager Mail Merge
I've just upgraded to Outlook Business Contact Manager 2003 and am trying to send an attachment to several contacts using the mail merge facility. When you click mail merge it takes you to Word, so I cannot understand how you attach a document to the message you have written. I'm sure it is very simple, I just need a little help please!!! Kate:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...