Connecting different crm

Hi,

I'm a graduate student and I choose to do a 'crm' subject...well. I'm
regretting this choice every single second of the last 10weeks...

Anyway...

I'm doing a project on how to connect different CRM within an
organization and between two different organizations...

What I do not really understand is how this thing works...

So far I understood there are two different main areas to look if you
want to connect different CRM systems:

1) Products like fusion, websphere, netweaver and others as middleware
2) The languages those different products are talking like XML, .Net ad
SOAP

what I can't understand is how do they work...I mean. We have our funny
server with Fusion/Websphere/Something else...how this Fusion/Websphere
connects different crm?  what's the difference between connecting
inside/outside crm systems (other then firewall, permission, ports)...

anyone can give me a little advice?

sorry for my silly question but I couldn't find much online...

Thanks

giruz

0
giruz
10/9/2006 3:59:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_Relationship_Management
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:CRM_software

"giruz g" <giruzz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm a graduate student and I choose to do a 'crm' subject...well. I'm
> regretting this choice every single second of the last 10weeks...
>
> Anyway...
>
> I'm doing a project on how to connect different CRM within an
> organization and between two different organizations...
>
> What I do not really understand is how this thing works...
>
> So far I understood there are two different main areas to look if you
> want to connect different CRM systems:
>
> 1) Products like fusion, websphere, netweaver and others as middleware
> 2) The languages those different products are talking like XML, .Net ad
> SOAP
>
> what I can't understand is how do they work...I mean. We have our funny
> server with Fusion/Websphere/Something else...how this Fusion/Websphere
> connects different crm?  what's the difference between connecting
> inside/outside crm systems (other then firewall, permission, ports)...
>
> anyone can give me a little advice?
>
> sorry for my silly question but I couldn't find much online...
>
> Thanks
>
> giruz

0
Daniel
10/9/2006 7:06:46 AM
Thanks for your  reply.

The first place I had a look was wikipedia...

I'm looking for information about connecting DIFFERENT crm..not about
'CRM'...

anyway...

thanks

g.

Daniel Tan wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_Relationship_Management
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:CRM_software
>

> "giruz g" <giruzz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm a graduate student and I choose to do a 'crm' subject...well. I'm
> > regretting this choice every single second of the last 10weeks...
> >
> > Anyway...
> >
> > I'm doing a project on how to connect different CRM within an
> > organization and between two different organizations...
> >
> > What I do not really understand is how this thing works...
> >
> > So far I understood there are two different main areas to look if you
> > want to connect different CRM systems:
> >
> > 1) Products like fusion, websphere, netweaver and others as middleware
> > 2) The languages those different products are talking like XML, .Net ad
> > SOAP
> >
> > what I can't understand is how do they work...I mean. We have our funny
> > server with Fusion/Websphere/Something else...how this Fusion/Websphere
> > connects different crm?  what's the difference between connecting
> > inside/outside crm systems (other then firewall, permission, ports)...
> >
> > anyone can give me a little advice?
> >
> > sorry for my silly question but I couldn't find much online...
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > giruz

0
giruz

CRM query a view
Ill explain it, you tell me what im doing wring.... I want to write a custom page for crm that loads up in an IFrame. Its in a tab on the CASE window. it is SAPOSE to query the "FilteredTask" view and return all the tasks for that case. I pass it the case ID(guid) no problem there.. I can query tables no problem there either, but when it comes to querying the view (filteredTask) if returns empty. The WHOLE point of this is to have a page that i can print out with a signature line on the bottom that conatins account information (account name address, etc), case (incident) inf...

Remove GUID from MS CRM 1.2
Is there a way to remove the GUID from MS CRM 1.2 e-mails? Please explain how... Thanks, Doros No answer yet... For 1.0 version there is a special patch from Microsoft that removes the identification from e-mail's subject. Also there is way to do it manually in registry. Any ideas for 1.2? Can you describe the manual way? (even for 1.0 version) Please help, cause it's quite urgent! Thanks, Doros "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:etYhZv0wDHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the GUID from MS CRM ...

how to crm backup?
how to backup crm server and how to restore ? which i need files backup ? (web server crm directory, Active Directory backup, sql server crm databases,master db, deployment mg export xml shema????) scenario; Crm server machine dump , all data loss, hdd badsector no read , boot... q: how to restore on new machine - old crm data [customers, account, bussiness unit,permission, groups,...] a:???? i was about to answer this, but you are asking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much..... go check out the IG and techknowledge........ -G "tashtan" <mehmettastan@gmx.net> wrote in mes...

Error when accessing CRM client in IE
I am getting i do not have permissions to view. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any suggestions? check your role you belong to... ask your crm admin... "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA24E3B1-3E2A-4704-9D00-C3186CA679E5@microsoft.com... >I am getting i do not have permissions to view. I am not sure how to > troubleshoot this. Any suggestions? This is a test system and I am logged on as CRMadmin which belongs to the Domain Admin group. When I go to IIS and browse the virtual server, it tries to open the page but then I get I ca...

Difference between two numbers
I have two columns, each with numbers in them. All I want to do if find the difference between these two numbers. Don't want whether negative or positive -- just the difference. Is this possible? Pam wrote: > I have two columns, each with numbers in them. All I want to do if find the > difference between these two numbers. Don't want whether negative or positive > -- just the difference. Is this possible? =ABS(B1-A1) With values in columns A & B, In C1 enter: =A1-B1 and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201002 "Pam" wrote...

remote printing
Can print MSAccess and MSWord, and MSPaint, but not MSExcel on printer attached to remote computer connected to terminal server. Excel 2002. Any suggestions Where can I get help? ...

CRM 4.0 install failure on SBS2008
I'm trying to install CRM 4.0 on a SBS2008 box as a fall back to the issues I'm having on the Server 2003 box. I'm running into the error below, which I've discovered other SBS2008 admins are running into. How should we proceed? I'm installing Dynamics CRM onto a new SBS 2008 server and it all installs except for the index service which gives me the following error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (checkbase.cpp:CCheckBase::Action:315). I've tried to Google this but get no results. -- Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_B5E97A50 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-E...

How to set different URLs to IE for nevigating to different sites
I want to open a IE window through a program Then I will open a perticular site say "http://www.yahoo.com" in the same IE window through the same program Then after some time say delay of 1 min I want to open other site say "http://hotmail.com" in the same window throug same program Could you please tell me how to do this Thanks Shr You can use IEs object model to automate it. What you are asking is exposed thru its object model. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Shri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D244A9C8-...

test connection

Outlook CPU Hog after CRM v3.0 Client
I am finding that once you put the CRM client on a workstation (not a laptop, just a normal workstation) the CPU pegs to about 95% for about 10 seconds every 30 seconds. In just 20 hours of run time, Outlook consumes just over 4 hours of CPU time in task manager. My sycn interval is set to ever 30 mins, so I am wondering what is up, has anybody seen this before? Thanks, Mike I've seen this before too. I currently have a support case open with Microsoft regarding this. "Mike Morisoli" wrote: > I am finding that once you put the CRM client on a workstation (not a ...

CRM 1.2 Lead Topic
I've been recently playing with CRM 1.2 on a W2k3 test server to get an insight before implementing it - upon demonstrating it to a few people, when creating a new lead I was asked what the Topic field was, as it was required before closing the form. What exactly is the intended use of the Topic field? I then tried editting the form and removing the property for it to be required - but it hasn't had an effect. I've got the update roll ups on, but at the client machine it was still required to be entered, but when viewing the form again, it is not required - how long/why has...

Customisng CRM 3.0
Hi all Been looking at CRM 3.0 for a while now and have been happily adding custom entities fields etc, however every now and again it seems there is a timeout issue, and I get prompted for a username and password when rtying to save customisations. Is there a setting within IIS that I have missed or within CRM itself to stop this from happening. It's particularly frustrating when you have a long list of picklist values to add Thanks John This timeout appears when it takes too long for crm to load. Does your machine meet the required specifications? Are you running other appl...

Partially Lost Connection Points
I have a V2k file with grouped shapes. Originally each shape in the group had some connection points. These were active and visible from the grouped shape. I think the file may have been saved as V5 somewhere along the way, as the connection points are no longer visible or active from the grouped shape for new connections, although the existing connectors are still connected. If I open the grouped shape in a new window, the connection points are not visible, but connectors will connect to them and they appear in the shapesheet. How do I make the connection points visible again and active fo...

Automatically Cut Data and Paste to Different Sheet???
Hey guys- You have all been soo wonderful about helping me out on the other issues- I decided to throw this one at you... I have searched newsgroups, this forum, etc, and see references to this, but not to do exactly as I need done. So maybe someone can throw me in the right direction here... I have a column of numeric values. IF the cell value is negative or less than zero, I want the entire ROW that it sits on cut and pasted onto the worksheet named 'Check Status' within the same file. This row(s) would be pasted to the first available row on that sheet. I would like this all done ...

Averaging cells not connected
Iam somewhat new to Excell 2003. I've just learned how to average cells (& ignore zeros) that are connected, either row to row, or coloumb to coloumb. I need to know how to average cells (& ignore zeros or blank cells) that is a mix of connected cell and others that are not connected.....like; B5 C5 D5 B10 C10 D10 this format continues for several more rows. Not sure if I'll find this help screen again. If you don't mined, would you also email the results to: cusjan@yahoo.com Thanks. Try: =AVERAGE(IF(B5:D5<>0,B5:D5),IF(B10:D10<>0,...

"Failed to create empty document" or the different between WM5 &
Hi everyone, I have some troubles with my application's toolbar. Please see some lines of code following: int CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CFrameWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; if (!m_wndCommandBar.Create(this) || !m_wndCommandBar.InsertMenuBar(IDR_MAINFRAME) || !m_wndCommandBar.LoadToolBar(IDR_MAINFRAME) || !m_wndCommandBar.AddAdornments(dwAdornmentFlags) ) { TRACE0("Failed to create CommandBar\n"); return -1; // fail to create } m_wndCommandBar.SetBarStyle(m_wndCommandBar.GetBarStyle() | C...

remote connect to exchange server message question
Hello all, If using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP at home, and using a dsl VPN connection to connect to your offices Exchange Server 2000; and when setting up the connection at home the very first time you accidentally uncheck the "leave messages on server" button; and then all the messages from exchange server at the office are downloded to your home machine; and then when you get to the office all your messages are gone (becaouse they are at home); how do you change this back at home, so all the messages won't be downloaded to the home machine? I have been through every set...

emial receive time different than system time
hi! I have a problem with my email received time stamp being different than the system time. The time stamp shows two hours earlier than when it was originally sent. This is on a windows 2000 machine. I am going crazy! trying to organize my email by received time. Can someone help me! thanks! I'm not sure, but you might want to check with your ISP. The time on THEIR system may be two hours before yours so it's showing it was received two hours earlier. Open one of the messages and then click on View and then Options. Check out the Internet Headers section which shows how the e...

Rule Deployment Wizard can't connect to AD
All We're new to MSCRM v3 and are very impressed so far. Having one problem though with the Rule Deployment Wizard in that it's saying that it cannot connect to the AD for the specified domain (SBSSERVER). We've tried changing the account which the Email Router Service starts with to an account which has full access but still we get the same error. There's a few posts which touch on the same type of issue but nothing which has enabled us to resolve it. Any help would be very welcome. Nick. ...

Error HR=0x80044150 CRM 4.0
Hi i keep getting this error: An error occurred while promoting a Microsoft CRM e-mail message. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80044150. Context=. Function=CMailItemHelper::HrPromoteMailItemInCrm. Line=1637. Please advise Maarten Kievit This is a generic sql error. I suggest that you run sql profiler and see what query is failing in the database "Maarten" wrote: > Hi i keep getting this error: > An error occurred while promoting a Microsoft CRM e-mail message. Restart > Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80044150. Context=. > Function=CMail...

CRM Outlook Add In question -
Hi all. I have installed Outlook Add-in for CRM. The scenario i want to run is that when i get an eMail from a customer that i decide to turn into a CASE, i simply click on a button that will turn it into a CASE in CRM. No matter what i do, i cant find the way to do it. So for now, i am creating a NEW CASE manually inside the CRM, and then go back to Outlook, open the relevant mail, click on "View in CRM" and then assign it in the "Look Up Records" window that pops up. with this i also have a problem. actually i have two. maybe one of you can help me: (1)The default ...

CRM Outlook Client error, not finding sender in CRM
Most of my users work just fine. But I have a couple that are causing me problems. When they create an email in Outlook 2003, and they choose to track the email in CRM, when they send it, it comes up with an error that says "The sender does not have an e-mail address in CRM......". This only happens to a couple of users. I have not been able to find any difference between their accounts and any of the users who are working. They are all logged into the domain, and their accounts are all setup in crm using the domain accounts they are logged in with, and the email address ...

CRM client for Outlook
Does anyone know the proper way to customize clients installation so avoid initial synchronization (which just kills Outlook in my environment). I have 3-4 registry changes recommended by MS that I want to include in this package. Thaks! ...

Deploying CRM 4.0 Outlook client with GPO
Hi; Has anyone seen any guidance on how to roll out the CRM 4.0 Outlook Client using Group Policy? In CRM 3.0, MBS provided instructions but I cannot find them for v4.0. Thanks in advance. Dave Ireland ------=_NextPart_0001_C33C513F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Dave, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. For my understanding, the document which describes about GPO distribution is the implementation guide. Have you already referred this document? Kind Regards, Ken Microsoft Online Partner Support ============================...

Help! different display size: excel on laptop and desktop
Where can I fix it? Problems are: when I print the file from desktop, it fits in one page but not so with laptop :confused: . or pictures posted on excel shee looks much different/distorted when open the file on laptop. :rolleyes any idea, please?? -- nune ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nunee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26266 you could try File>Page setup then check the dot that says fit to 1 page I'm not sure abo...