Connect to CRM trough VPN

I've installed MS CRM as a new virtual Website with a Hostheader Value called
"crm". I made the CNAME Entry in the DNS Settings (crm
->servername.domain.local).
Everthing works fine in the Local Network but when i try to connect with a
VPN Connection, i can't open the CRM Homepage.

If i try to "ping" to the crm homepage or the companyweb, the workstation
didn't found a entry.

Does a CNAME don't work trough a VPN Connection?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

use the nslookup command to validate the entry. This should work with with
VPN. Which server is running dns?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Daniel Tschuemperlin" <DanielTschuemperlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:60C8095F-560A-49C5-BEDD-6EE7B8A40AE0@microsoft.com...
> I've installed MS CRM as a new virtual Website with a Hostheader Value
called
> "crm". I made the CNAME Entry in the DNS Settings (crm
> ->servername.domain.local).
> Everthing works fine in the Local Network but when i try to connect with a
> VPN Connection, i can't open the CRM Homepage.
>
> If i try to "ping" to the crm homepage or the companyweb, the workstation
> didn't found a entry.
>
> Does a CNAME don't work trough a VPN Connection?

0
John
3/7/2005 8:55:30 AM
also when on the vpn connection try to ping the dns server

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.mscrmfaq.us

"Daniel Tschuemperlin" <DanielTschuemperlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:60C8095F-560A-49C5-BEDD-6EE7B8A40AE0@microsoft.com...
> I've installed MS CRM as a new virtual Website with a Hostheader Value
called
> "crm". I made the CNAME Entry in the DNS Settings (crm
> ->servername.domain.local).
> Everthing works fine in the Local Network but when i try to connect with a
> VPN Connection, i can't open the CRM Homepage.
>
> If i try to "ping" to the crm homepage or the companyweb, the workstation
> didn't found a entry.
>
> Does a CNAME don't work trough a VPN Connection?

0
John
3/7/2005 8:55:49 AM
The CRM Server is also the CRM Server. I can ping the CRM Server on a VPN
Connection, but if i ping a "CNAME" registered in the DNS Server such "crm"
or "companyweb" i received the message "could not find host crm"

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> also when on the vpn connection try to ping the dns server
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.mscrmfaq.us
>

> "Daniel Tschuemperlin" <DanielTschuemperlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:60C8095F-560A-49C5-BEDD-6EE7B8A40AE0@microsoft.com...
> > I've installed MS CRM as a new virtual Website with a Hostheader Value
> called
> > "crm". I made the CNAME Entry in the DNS Settings (crm
> > ->servername.domain.local).
> > Everthing works fine in the Local Network but when i try to connect with a
> > VPN Connection, i can't open the CRM Homepage.
> >
> > If i try to "ping" to the crm homepage or the companyweb, the workstation
> > didn't found a entry.
> >
> > Does a CNAME don't work trough a VPN Connection?

Big problem with VPN
Hello. I'm having a ****in' big problem with a VPN. This is my scenario: I have a Windows Server 2003, with DNS,DHCP,AD and ISA Server running. This server has 3 network cards: Internal Network: 192.168.0.1 / 255.255.255.0 (DNS/DHCP) Internet: 192.168.254.254 / 255.255.255.0 / 192.168.254.1 (This card is connected to a SpeedStream 5200 (router mode, not bridge)). Dedicated Link: 189.80.x.x / 255.255.255.252 / 189.80.x.x Here goes the problem: I made a VPN using ISA Server. The VPN connected sucessfully, but i wasn't able to see any server file, also i co...

CRM Icons
Running IE 7 Windows XP Sp2 Prof. I seem to have lost my icon on the desk top for CRM. It is now just a box with a couple of dots (generic icon). I have tried to change the icon and it will not take. I have also lost the simple little icons in IE 7 search bar. ...

Export CRM Attachments
Hi, I've got a contractor exporting attachment data from a Microsoft CRM database to Salesforce and they sent me an error screenshot. I have no idea what these errors refer to. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The link to the screenshot is below. Thanks! http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/ryanmcwh/sql_error.jpg ...

Installing CRM sales for Outlook (2003)
Why would I get the error message while installing Sales for outlook on windows XP rigth after "Specify Microsoft CRM server": <<Setup was unable to find an instance of Microfoft CRM server components>> The CRM server is working well and I can connect from XP client PCs fine using the same URL. Thanks for your support! Are you logged on with local administrator rights and a valid CRM user. Also do you have indexing service running ? Regards Pete. >-----Original Message----- >Why would I get the error message while installing Sales >for outlook on wind...

CRM V4
Hi everyone, We're currently running MS CRM V3.0 and are looking into upgrading to MS CRM V4.0. The Outlook client was a big hassle when installing and I've heard it's more stable and better integrated this time: is it? We had to go through redoing users' Outlook profiles, should we be prepared to do that again? Also, is there anyway of modifying the default synchronization filter in the V4.0 version so that we can do a roll out by SMS with a modified filter (we'll probably use marketing lists as the filter again)? We'd like to avoid modifying all of the users f...

CRM 4.0 Client can't go offline
We have this problem long time ago and we are desperate. Problem description: The CRM 4.0 can't go Offline, the error text is "A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again .If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions...". Seems that the ticket ID between the Server and Client is lost. If we run the Diagnostic Tool and fix the Synchronization, it work again but the next day we have the same issue. I have found this Hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B951301&x=7&y=15. Unfortunately it didn't work f...

CRM 4 email router configuration
Hello, I cannot seem to get the CRM 4 email router configuration manager working. I created configuration profiles for my inbound (exchange) and outbound (smtp) configurations. I added a deployment for my CRM and gave it my CRM url. When I click the "Load Data" button on the "users, Queues, and Forward Mailboxes), it throws an error about unable to retrieve user and queue information. I know the url is correct. I have tried it with local system account permissions as well as domain credentials (with a user in the PrivUserGroup), but I still get the same error. The d...

CRM 4.0: Deletion Service failed to clean up ...
Hey, On my CRM 4.0 server I get two errors in the applications event log about the MSCRMDeletionSErvice: 1) Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up table=CampaignActivityBase 2) Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up table=ActivityPointerBase The server is a clean install and not a upgrade. Does anyone know how to solve this?? Kind Regards, Mirella This worked for me one time. Use Advanced Find and enter a query for (in this case, Campaign) Then go back and delete it. I tried to get rid of it wit T-SQL commands but could not. There is a proceedure on partnersouce but it did ...

Having an issue with CRM 3.0 Client
It seems as though when someone is tracking things into CRM from Outlook sometimes it appears that it cannot find CRM and the client stops working. I am unable to synch and I am unable to track anything into CRM. I have been uninstalling the Client and then reinstalling it. I don't want to have to do that. Is anyone out there experiencing the same issues? I really want to know if it is a bug in the new version of CRM 3.0 or if there is another solution to the problem? What version of the Laptop client are you running and have you applied all the latest patches/fixes for the cl...

When will CRM 2.0 be released?
I was wondering if anyone has a firm(ish) idea when version 2 will be released. I've heard 2005, but that is a little vague. My company has identified a few gaps that should be resolved with the 2005 expected enhancements. If the release is put off until this time next year, we will go ahead and correct now. However, we would like to hold off wasting time\money is Microsoft will deliver within the 1st two quarters of 2005. Thoughts? The latest word is that CRM 2005 should be release sometime in calendar Q2 of 2005. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------...

Reinstallation for the CRM Exchange router
Hi I'm now building a MS CRM test enviroment with the adventure works cycle and I want to know if I should reinstall the MS CRM exchange router again when I reinstall the MS CRM server for implementation purpose (in a true enviroment ) & what's the components that the MS CRM exchange router added to my exchange server & from where can I browse this componetns? yes de-install the connector and reinstall for your new environment "Abeer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E9BFFC-C66A-44B3-899D-DA2C53102BA3@microsoft.com... > Hi, >...

Fax Server SBS2003 and CRM PRO 3.0
Hi I have 2 server 2003, one is a SBS2003 Standard with exchange and Fax service of Microsoft and one is Windows Server 2003 Standard with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0. I have this problem ..... how i can send the Fax from the SBS2003 in the CRM 3.0? there is a router for the fax at the same of router for enchange? Thanks ...

Run SSRS stored procedure report from a CRM 2011 for a current record
Hi All, we need to run a SSRS report created via stored procedure for the current record in a custom CRM entity . we completed creating stored procedure , but pre-filtering is not working . when we tried to preview in visual studio it is picking up the lastest record values only . Could any one give some suggestion to resolve this issue ? Thanks, Sandy ...

CRM Sales for Outlook and Windows Mobile Syncronizer Pocket PC Pro
I'm trying to find any written support info on any conflct between CRM Sales For Outlook and the Windows Mobile Pocket PC Syncronizer software. It is nice to have your Pocket PC sync to Outlook even though it's not synced to CRM. Yet there seems to be a conflict that kills the CRM Outlook Menus when the Win Mobile Syncronizer is installed. Anybody have any ideas? -- www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM and Everything for or about Microsoft CRM! Technical, implementation, and pre-sales resource and all related (ISV) products e-commerce site. ...

Product list in CRM v.1.2
Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as i have over 25,000 products to log? -- Regards, Marwa I'm afraid not. This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C062CF1E-EEF8-43B4-AC31-F299BF707252@microsoft.com... Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can ...

CRM authentication issues
Hi all We seem to be having a problem with our CRM system. Since we installed the product we persistantly got the following error message: Event ID 11 KDC Error There are multiple accounts with name host/anc2003dc02.ancorisltd.local of type DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME. From an initial correspondance, I was told to use LDP and ADSI edit to remove the duplicate SPN which I completed successfully and this stopped the error from happening. Since then, we have been unable to connect to the CRM web site using the http:\\servername as before. We can connect to the system remotely, howeve...

Looking for someone who can integrate CRM with GP using SCRIBE Integration tool
Hi, Is anyone out there in Sydney area who would like to help us in doing integration between CRM 4 and GP 10 through SCRIBE integration tool for a fee? We are looking for someone who has already done integration between these two applications using SCRIBE. You will have to do bit of customisations in the SCRIBE standard templates. If anyone available, you can contact me through my email badri1203@gmail.com Badri ...

Rollup 1 Error: De versie van de update komt niet overeen met de geinstalleerde versie van Microsoft CRM
Hello, 1. The clean installed CRM Server (Dutch Language) is patched with the Rollup 1. Build revision in the DB is 2321 2. A fresh dutch Outlook client is installed on XP-client. 3. Rollup Update 1 NL on the client gives popup error in Dutch as stated in the subject. Translated it says something like "Version mismatch between the update and the installed version of Microsoft CRM" ...

Store exported from HQ won't connect through Client
I am a new store location ready to open. We are using RMS HQ/SO 2.0.0108, have 35 HQ licenses and 33 current locations. Using the same process used to define the earlier stores in HQ and export the databases (including the same Template), the last store created would not connect through the Client to HQ Server when I installed it on the store machine. I have found the configuration table of the store's database is empty. Looking at the HQ database: There is an entry for the new store in the Store table. There is NOT a row for the new store in the Configuration table. ...

CRM & Email Tracking
Hi, We have CRM3.0 and email tracking is on. For 99.9% of cases, CRM seems to track the emails well, but we have found a few emails that have not been tracked. Of these, I have narrowed them down to a couple of causes 1) recipient was in the BCC line 2) attachment > 5mb however, there are still a number of emails that dont fit either of those descriptions. Any ideas? CRM (or the network connection to CRM) not available to the time the emails arrived in the CRM sink mailbox? "Brisvegas" <Brisvegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:328531B9-15AB-41B...

Importing Configuration XML to CRM v3.0
What would be nice is that the Customization Import would detect only the entities that are (a) different from a base installation, and (b) different from the existing installation. And the export would detect (or have a filtered view of) only those entities that were customized from a base installation. In either case, why have someone guess at which entities were customized to determine which entities to import or export. Also, this would cut down time and effort on the part of the machine that it does not have to write over something that does not need to be touched. -- Carroll L...

Best practices on staffing CRM projects post implementation
I am looking for best practices and industry standards for staffing a CRM project post initial implementation. What is needed to be successful, not only from an IT standpoint, but from the business and training sides as well? What would the recommendation be (as far as staffing) needed to successfully support and further develop a CRM solution for a company with 1,500 plus employees, 500 plus CRM users. You might be able to find information through this link http://www.microsoft.com/midsizebusiness/products/business-management-solutions/microsoft-dynamics-crm-40.aspx#overview "Miche...

CRM 3 Upgrade Freezes
Hey All, I was attempting to upgrade a very basic installation of CRM 1.2 to CRM 3, and everything was going very well until halfway through, the installation stopped making progress and stayed on the action microsoft.crm.setup.server.grantaccesstoexchangemailrootaction FOREVER. There is still disk activity, but I left it for 45 minutes with NO progress. I cannot seem to get it past this point. Should I be waiting more than 45 minutes? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Failure to Display anything but Methods in Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll
I'm using both VS.NET and VS.NET 2003 to attempt to run the "Find all the Incidents for an Account or Contact" code on MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk/htm /findallofthecasesassociatedwithanaccountorcontact.asp). I've added the reference to Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll and also have attempted to use the Microsoft.CRM.ComProxy.dll when the first failed. I am unable to compile as the C# compiler states that both ".Credentials" and ".Url" are not valid properties of the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser class. I used the o...

Problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0
Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. I see the folowing error in the Server: (Some words are in Spanish) Thanks in advance..! ERROR FROM EVENT LOG Tipo de suceso: Advertencia Origen del suceso: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Categor�a del suceso: Evento Web Id. suceso: 1309 Fecha: 02/11/2008 Hora: 11:47:01 Usuario: No disponible Equipo: SERVER02 Descripci�n: C�digo de evento: 3005 Mensaje de evento: Excepci�n no controlada. Tiempo de evento: 02/11/2008 11:47:01 Tiempo de evento (UTC): 02/11...