conditional "business required" field

I have 2 fields, A and B

Depending on picklist selection  from field A, I want field B to be
"business required" or not.  Is this done with onchange Jscript on field A?

What are the CRM events controlling "business required".  Is there a list of
all CRM supported events?

Thanks

Paul
0
Paul297 (622)
12/21/2007 2:43:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes, you should use onchange event of FieldA.
Use "crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel('field_schema_name', true);" to make it
Required, or put 'false' for the second parameter to remove requirment. Note
that the function SetFieldReqLevel is unsupported.

The list of all CRM events is in CRM SDK.

Hope this helps,
Jevgenij

>I have 2 fields, A and B
>
> Depending on picklist selection  from field A, I want field B to be
> "business required" or not.  Is this done with onchange Jscript on field
> A?
>
> What are the CRM events controlling "business required".  Is there a list
> of
> all CRM supported events?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

Thanks....I will give it a try.
--
Paul Doyon
CRM Consultant

"Jevgenij Martynenko" wrote:

> Yes, you should use onchange event of FieldA.
> Use "crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel('field_schema_name', true);" to make it
> Required, or put 'false' for the second parameter to remove requirment. Note
> that the function SetFieldReqLevel is unsupported.
>
> The list of all CRM events is in CRM SDK.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Jevgenij
>
> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have 2 fields, A and B
> >
> > Depending on picklist selection  from field A, I want field B to be
> > "business required" or not.  Is this done with onchange Jscript on field
> > A?
> >
> > What are the CRM events controlling "business required".  Is there a list
> > of
> > all CRM supported events?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Paul

0
Paul297 (622)

Business Required Fields
Hi, Is there any way of writing an event to bypass business required field validation? i.e. dynamically change it from mandatory to none? Please advise. Thanks. hey i have seen a statement which can change the required fields dynamically. Will get bak tou on that ASAP. geoffreyjoei@hcl.in Hi, use: crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel( <fieldname>, 1 ); and: crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel( <fieldname>, 0 ); 1 = mandatory, 0 = normal "JM" <someone@example.com> wrote in message news:5571AAD3-98D5-4547-A51B-434BB30883F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is there any way of ...

empty business required fields
As you know, a lead can be converted to an opportunity. However, in my opportunity entity i have many new buiness required fields When the lead converts, it leaves the fields empty. Users can then modify the opportunity and fill them in. What I am wondering is this: will empty Busines Required fields in the data be a problem during an upgrade to CRM 4.0? Thanks I don't believed it will cause any problem during the upgrade. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Feb 15, 8:13=A0am, paul_do...@yahoo.com wrote: > As you know, a lead can be converted to an op...

Removing fields that are not system/business required
We need to do some extensive customization to our contracts form and I am having difficulty removing fields that are not system or business required. For example, I would like toremove the "bill to address" and "bill start" and "bill end" dates. Theses fields are not required but apparently are "event dependent." How can I find out what this dependency is? And is it possible to disable a dependency once I know what it is? Also, I would like to take some of the system required fields and consolidate them in another section. Is this possible and if s...

Making Description filed in Closing Dialogs Business Required
Looking to see if there's a way of making the Description field in the Case Resolution closing dialog box mandatory. The attribute under the Case Resolution entity can't be ...

conditional "business required" field
I have 2 fields, A and B Depending on picklist selection from field A, I want field B to be "business required" or not. Is this done with onchange Jscript on field A? What are the CRM events controlling "business required". Is there a list of all CRM supported events? Thanks Paul Yes, you should use onchange event of FieldA. Use "crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel('field_schema_name', true);" to make it Required, or put 'false' for the second parameter to remove requirment. Note that the function SetFieldReqLevel is unsupported. The list of all ...

crmService ignore "business required"
I use CRM service (web service) to create record for a custom entity. It allow me to create record even when "business required" field are not set. Is this a normal behaviour? I was expecting an error. thank you Hi Business Required is works for user interface forms only. Web service don't care about it. Jukka Majander "Jean-Francois Breton" wrote: > I use CRM service (web service) to create record for a custom entity. > > It allow me to create record even when "business required" field are not set. > > Is this a normal behaviour...