coloring picklist options

Hi,
I saw in stunnware jscript code for coloring the options of a picklist, but
can I maintain the color after the  selection so it stays on the form after
the
pickup? (The CRM replaces the colors with background blue and white text)
Thanks.

//TODO: Replace <name of your picklist field> with the schema name of the
picklist in question.
var list = crmForm.all.<name of your picklist field>;

//using the first option here, you need to find the one you need.
var option = list.options[0];

//Set the background color to red.
option.style.backgroundColor = "#FF0000";

//Set the text color to white.
option.style.color = "#FFFFFF";

0
4crm4 (41)
6/24/2008 12:42:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

nevermind, I solved it by changing the location on the form (or change
setfocus).

Thanks for stunnware

"4crm4" wrote:

> Hi,
> I saw in stunnware jscript code for coloring the options of a picklist, but
> can I maintain the color after the  selection so it stays on the form after
> the
> pickup? (The CRM replaces the colors with background blue and white text)
> Thanks.
>
> //TODO: Replace <name of your picklist field> with the schema name of the
> picklist in question.
> var list = crmForm.all.<name of your picklist field>;
>
> //using the first option here, you need to find the one you need.
> var option = list.options[0];
>
> //Set the background color to red.
> option.style.backgroundColor = "#FF0000";
>
> //Set the text color to white.
> option.style.color = "#FFFFFF";

0
4crm4 (41)

Is there a way to change the default shading color ?
Is there a way to change the default shading color ? Whenever I start Excel, the shading colour in the "Fill Colour" icon, in the Formatting Toolbar, has changed back to a light yellow color. I would like this to default to another color. I am using Excel 2000. change your book.xlt which is stored in your startup folder -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1226348E-882E-42D5-8EA4-123E249F1706@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the default shading color ? > Whenever I start ...

change font color when composing in HTML
I want to change colors of font in message sent in HTML but it stays black. I know how to change it forever but I want to change color once in awhile. Is this possible in Windows mail or not? I used to be able to do it but it won't work now. Help!! Patti Is this for a forward or reply? Can you see the Format Bar? Was any stationery used? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Vista Mail" <VistaMail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95D7C4A7-BFB0-452D-81C5-61C937B14A1A@microsoft.com... >I want ...

Colors #2
Why is the color pallette so limited in Excel? I am using 2003 and I find it insane that you are limited to the grid of 56 colors, most of which are too gaudy. Hi Einstine, Tools > Options > Color > Modify Set up tour own palette ans save workbook. You can then import into other workbooks. Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net/ > Why is the color pallette so limited in Excel? I am using 2003 and I find > it insane that you are limited to the grid of 56 colors, most of which are > too gaudy. > Why does it only have 65336 rows, only 256 columns, only 3 conditi...

Returning a colored value in If function
Hello all, =CONCATENATE(IF(C9>1.15*D8,"SELL"," "),IF(AND((D8*1.15>=C9),(D8*1.05<=C9)),"HOLD"," "),IF(AND((D8*1.05>C9),(D8*0.95<=C9)),"APPROACHING BUY"," "),IF(C9<0.95*D8,"BUY"," ")) How can i return a bold red "Sell" for this function? formula cannot do that but conditional formatting will. "ExcelQuestion" wrote: > Hello all, > > =CONCATENATE(IF(C9>1.15*D8,"SELL"," > "),IF(AND((D8*1.15>=C9),(D8*1.05<=C9)),"HOLD",&quo...

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

link color
How do i change the default link color for composing messages in outlook 2003? thanks. ...

Manual email configure option missing
In Outlook 2007 the manual configure option is missing when I try to set up a new email account. Since my ISP requires some special channel configuring of the servers, this is a real problem. I have seen pictures of the manual config checkbox at the lower left of config scren but it is completely missing in my screen. I was finally able to create the Outlook 2007 account by creating the account in Windows Mail and then importing it. Any ideas? Is this some option like simple menus? ...

Toggle Folder Colors
I don't think MS has this feature, but I'd like to see it built into the software if it's not already there. I'd like to toggle the color of folders by going into the "properties" tab and not by needing to replace the icon. Right now the folders are all plain manila. We like to keep all proposal and project folders in the directory until the end of the year, but some of the proposals never went anywhere. I'd like to change these to a different color, like red, once they became dead ends and make them quickly distinguishable between live and dead ones...

selecting more than one option button
I have set up a worksheet in Excel with numerous option buttons. My problem is now it will only let me select 1 option button. How can I select multiple option buttons? Thanks, Katie You may not want option buttons. You can only have one option button in any given grouping selected. You might want to use Check boxes instead. "Katie-Baughman" wrote: > I have set up a worksheet in Excel with numerous option buttons. My problem > is now it will only let me select 1 option button. How can I select multiple > option buttons? > > Thanks, > Katie If you ha...

Code help needed for Option Buttons to control Subs
I have a User form with (20) option buttons on it. It does what I want by only being able to check 1 option button. Option Button Names: OB_601 OB_602 - OB_619 OB_620 What I need help with is when user checks the correct option button, that button exicutes code located in a module. Code in Module: There are (20) Subs named like below Sub String_01() Sub String_02() - Sub String_19() Sub String_20() I think the code for each Option button is something like this, because there default position is False and they only show true when selected. If OB_601 = True the...

conditionally changing cell color based upon value
With Excel 2003... 1) is it possible to change the cell color to yello for the top 10 percent of cell values in a column? I have a column of numbers and I want the biggest 10 percent of those numbers to stand out? I don't want to play with conditional formatting "greater than" to find the >X value that will make just 10 percent of the cells change to yellow? 2) is it possible to change the color of the next cell over? Instead of those yellow cells being yellow on the value, I would prefer to make the item name (like a product name -- text) be yellow even though the cel...

Code to automate Calendar options/add holidays
Can someone help me to get a code(any language) to automate below mentioned tasks? 1.Select Calendar Options, and under Calendar options, click Add Holidays. 2.Select the check box next to 'South Africa' . You may Uncheck other Boxes as necessary. You may add holidays of other countries by checking the box as needed. Regards, Zamsheer Sendkeys? If you want to eliminate the need to browse the long list of countries, you can edit the outlook.hol file in notepad and delete all of the countries that users are unlikely to need then email the file. Users dou...

i do not see the "plot series on" option in Excel 2007
Hi, I am not able to see the "Plot Series on" Option under Format Data Series / Format layout in Excel 2007. Is there any configuration that I need to do? I want to add a Secondary vertical axis Thanks, Maithily I don't have Excel 2007, but the first question is whether you have more than one series. In 2003 it will grey out that option on the Format Data Series/ Axis tab unless you have multiple series in the graph. -- David Biddulph "Maithily" <Maithily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B77753E-FAA7-4A49-A470-9FCA7BFBB1A9@microsoft.com...

security option in OE
In Outlook Express the Option to "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opned" in Tools/Options/Security is checked but grayed out. I am wanitng to uncheck but cannot find out how. "dougs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13c2d01c44408$b671b970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook Express the Option to "Do not allow > attachments to be saved or opned" in > Tools/Options/Security is checked but grayed out. I am > wanitng to uncheck but cannot find out how. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/200...

conditional color formatting for line chart background color
Does anyone know how to or even if it's possible in RS2008 to change the background color of a chart based on the data point values being charted....for ex If the data point value is > 80, then the background color for the that y axis range should be "RED", if data point is between 61 & 79, the backgrouund color for that data range should be "YELLOW" & if the data point is <60, the background color of that data range should be "GREEN".. THis would essentially create a "RED-YELLOW-GREEN" banding appreance for the backgr...

Outlook 2003 Send option does not work from other programs
I am having a problem sending email when trying to send from another program. I can send email from Outlook by clicking on the paperclip but if I go into Word or Excel and send as attachment it pops up the box and when I click on Send nothing happens and it does not go. Have tried deleing the normal.dot and doing repair and same thing. Running Outlook 2003 Thanks Norman Describe in complete and accurate detail what you mean. Include how you have Outlook configured and whether it is running. Never have I seen a paperclip that sends mail. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "No...

Graph with horizontal color blocks marking certain numbers
I'm doing up a graph to plot Body Mass Index. Easy calculation based on weight and height, and will plot it at one month intervals as part of a weight loss charting method. As you probably know, BMI is broken down into certain cetagories (ie 0-18.4 (underweight)), 18.5-24.9 (normal), 25-29.9 (overweight), over 30 (obese). I'd like each of these categories (ie horizontal zones) a different color, and then on top of this "background" plot the actual values. One can then look at the change over a weight loss program. I plan of having BMI as the y axis and various date...

List Validation + Colors
Hello, I have a list of letter for a drop down validation. A (Letter is black and the cell is filled in red) B (Letter is black and the cell is filled in green) C (Letter is black and the cell is filled in yellow) When I select the letter in question, only the black letter appear. the cell remains white. What can I do??? Hi you can't use different colors in this listbox -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Benoit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:09fe01c4aaf3$02efc7a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a list of ...

Dialog Background Color not Refreshing
Hello all... hope you can help -- burned through like 5 hours and no progress.... VC++ 6.0: I am changing a dialog background to red when another dialog in my program is open. Then when the popup window has closed, the background of the base dialog goes back to its original gray color. Well, my solution almost works except 1/2 of the base dialog will not change to red or back to it's original color unless you wipe over it with a dialog somewhere else on the desktop... this seems to invalidate the rest of the region and it repaints that part of the dialog correctly. I have tried...

Word font color keyboard shortcut
I'm requesting that a keyboard shortcut for applying the currently selected font color be designed into Word. I suggest Alt+C. It's very easy to highlight the desired text with the mouse in the right hand, and use two left hand fingers to apply the font color by shortcut. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-ba...

Appearance of Office Reminders Colors and Fonts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Is it possible to change the appearance of the office reminders. The colors aren't my favorite and the font is sort of fuzzy. AKMAXFELIX@officeformac.com wrote: > Is it possible to change the appearance of the office reminders. The > colors aren't my favorite and the font is sort of fuzzy. Sorry, no, this is not adjustable. Please be sure to let Microsoft know you'd like to see this feature in future versions by using the Help --> Send Feedback mechanism in a...

Color Chart Columns to Color Specified by a Cell Value
I want to create a chart with the color of the columns specified by a value in a cell. All of the columns can be of the same color. I am already using the code below to update the scale of the chart, using a value in cell E35 in this case. Is there something I can add to this to control the color or do I need to use a seperate piece of code? Sub UpdateScale() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 4").Activate With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) ..MinimumScale = 0 ..MaximumScale = Range("e35").Value End With End Sub ...

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

Employee Stock Options #3
I just upgraded from Money02- 05. My company issues restricted stock, which I have to enter as a stock option in Money. In 02 in the portfolio view, it had a line for each item, for example: XYZ Company, 2002 Grant XYZ Company, 2003 Grant XYZ Company, 2004 Grant, etc.. When I upgraded to 05, it only shows the 2002 grant, and the 2005 grant. The transactions are still there, but it doesn't show in the portfolio view. If I move the date on my PC to 2006, they all show up. Any way to fix this? ...

Line graph colors
my spreadsheet contains 3 columns, a date, tournament type, Amount. Each tournament type is color coded, so it shows a general idea of money won or lost in the tournaments. I set up a separate worksheet to create a line graph. and entered a formula =c2 + b1 and copied the range to the bottom, so it gives me a running total of the tournament winnings and losings. I change the formulas to a value, using paste special, then I change the color in the column, using the paste special to format the colors which I have used, so the column of the running total also contains the colors. When I ...