Collation Change on CRM Database

My company is running CRM 4.0 on SQL 2005.
The default collation on the server is
SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
and the CRM Config database is also
SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
but the CRM database instance was set up with
Latin1_General_CI_AS.

My life as a database developer would be simpler if all collations were the
same...what bad things would happen if CRM is changed to
SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS?
0
Giacalone (2)
10/29/2008 6:11:09 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Repair SQL Corrupt database
Hi, I have a corrupt MS SQL Server 2005 database which I am trying to repair using: DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) Unfortunately this does not seem to fix anything. After running the repair multiple times, I ran DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB') WITH NO_INFOMSGS to see if it fixed the corruption, I noticed that is was returning a random amount of errors on each run. Does any know if It is the case that this database is beyond repair? If so will the best approach be to revert back to a non corrupt database backup and then roll forward using Transaction Lo...

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

Background changes conditionally
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that shows the floor plan layout of my call centre. On each desk, the desk number and identity are displayed. I would like to colour the background for those pcs that are on the same subnet. I have a sheet called data - it contains Table Number, Desk Number, PC ID, IP Address. How could I get it to change the background colour if the pc is on subnet 162, and set a different colour for those on subnet 167 any ideas? -- PeterG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeterG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

collating information from multiple sources
Hi Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to mucking around in excel, I've had a search but I don't really know what to call what I want to do, so finding the answer is tricky... Anyway. I have a dozen or so workbooks that are all of the same format, 1 work sheet with a basic list of test scenarios in each, with a unique reference for each row. What I'd like to do is pull information from all those workbooks into a separate workbook by the use of the unique reference. i.e If I type in the unique reference in the master workb...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...

find match then change cell value

Read file info using SMO locks database!
Hi! I'm using SMO from C# to restore a database from a backup file. Since I want to re-use the same datafiles I try to read the datafiles in my destination database and call RelocateFile to use these filenames during the restore. Everyting works fine except when I try to read the current datafilenames (see code below). If I skip this code and just hardcode the paths in relocatefile everything works fine. Database db = svr.Databases[destinationDBName]; foreach (FileGroup group in db.FileGroups) foreach (DataFile file in group.Files) Console.WriteLine...

OWA - change password
Getting the "Object Required" error, when somebody is trying to change their password through OWA. (Win2003/Ex FE 2003) Any ideas what could be causing this? TIA! / Per Did you follow the steps in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 ? -- Pablo D. Vernocchi Microsoft Exchange MVP MCSA + M / MCSE + Sec https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8E94A6C0-F6D9-4686-96D5-04230CC0141F http://www.itpros.com.ar http://www.msglue.org http://msmvps.com/exchangebloglatino "Per Hagstrom" <per.hagstrom@swic.eduNOSPAM> wrote in message news:Ojo%23EozNHHA.1240@TK2...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

iisadmpwd change pw gives error
Just cannot get password change to work on Exchange2003 (front-end server) & IIS 6.0 Is this a known issue Any help would be greatly appreciated. It could be that you are not (yet) allow to change your password either because password change is prohibited or because user has to wait for x days before he is allowed to change his password (domain policies). Whenever you reset a password for a user and the 'Cannot change pass before X days' is enforced, the user is not allowed to change it. David. "ss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Making a template that puts the current date in the document so that does NOT change
I'd like to make a template that sets up some standard headers and formatting for new Word documents for a night school course I'm enrolled in. Among other requirements for all papers is to put the date the paper was created at the top. I'd furthermore like it so that if I need to reopen the document after creating it to say print another copy, the date written at the top will not change. In other words, when I create a new document using the template the current date is put near the top, but when I subsequently open the file for editing or reprinting it does NOT automat...

Why Microsoft CRM
Hello, I am a Microsoft SBS2003 user looking into CRM. I can stay with the brand and install MS CRM1.2 Pro Suite and clients. Or, I can use an on-line, on-demand tool like salesforce.com. Why choose microsoft? Thanhk you. Mark There are a number of considerations when comparing CRM to salesforce.com. Here are a few to consider: Price: While the Professional Edition of salesforce.com is $65/user per month, the Enterprise Edition which allows things like advanced customization, integration with accounting and HR systems, and higher-end administration, is $125/user per month. But even...

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

auto fill in data when changing fields
i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me where i need to do this, thanks -- j.hardy you can modify the mappings of the corresponding relationship "moon" wrote: > i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to > grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me > where i need to do this, thanks > -- > j.hardy ...

Default email addresses keep changing.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I upgraded to version 12.2.4 and every so often the default email addresses that I have chosen, switch to another email address such as the default was Home and is now Office. Even after I change them back, it can change again. <br> This is a problem because when I compose an email, I now have to be very careful which default address appears so that I send the email to the right place! <br> We have more than one Mac. I run Office Business; some use Student/Teacher. Some use S...

CRM Contact details
Hi There, Is it possible that we could generate a report (Advance Find) from the CRM list all clients with their perspectives contact details. Looking forward to hearing for you. Regards, Syed. Hi, By default the Parent Customer field is displayed on the Advanced Find view results for Contacts.You will need to edit the view and "Add Columns" from the "Parent Customer" record type to display account related information in the view. Alternately, you can create a report on Contacts using the Report Wizard, that is grouped on Account Name and displays all contacts ...

CRM 4 Workflow
Hi, I have created a fairly long workflow using the workflow GUI, there are lots of nested wait conditions and check conditions. When I get to the bottom of the visible screen and add a new stage it adds it on but I can't see the whole step to edit it, it seems to be when the screen has got to a certain length that scrollbars are required. When I click the twisties to hide stages and then display them again sometimes my new stage appears, sometimes not. It is proving impossible to complete the workflow, has anybody else encountered this problem? Thanks Rob Rob, Why dont you divide you...

Linking a table from a Secure database
I have 2 database both with their own workgroup file(mdw) I like to link a table from one secure database to the other secure database. Is this posible with them having two different workgroup(mdw) files. On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:30:01 -0800, cpager <cpager@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I don't think so. The more common scenario is where several apps are secured using the same MDW. After all, if Joe is in the ShippingDept group, he is so for all applications. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have 2 database both with their own workgroup file(mdw) I like to li...

How do I protect a macro to prevent change ?
I have protection turned on for both the worksheets and the workbook. Even so, the user can open Visual Basic Editor and change the macros. How to I protect the macros from being changed ? In Visual Basic go to tools > vga project properties > protection and you will see a section for pass words Try to keep the same pass for all of your work to make things easy if you need to get back in. cheers Pete -- (][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][) "Keisamcasco" <Keisamcasco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E280B5-02DB-4F77-AD51-59EC0D...