Coexistenz CRM 3.0 and SPS 2003

.... any issues? We installed CRM 3.0 on a server with SPS 2003 and WSS. The
Enterprise Admin, who installed CRM, can not logon even he is prompted for.

Regards,
Thomas

0
Thomas
9/23/2006 11:57:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Thomas,

SPS??  do you mean SBS as in Small Business Server?
Are you having issues logging into the CRM application?
From your post it seems as though he is being prompted for a Username and
password, what happens after this point?

Regards,
Nathan

Nathan Warner wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> SPS??  do you mean SBS as in Small Business Server?

.... no, SharePoint Server

> Are you having issues logging into the CRM application?

.... yes.

> From your post it seems as though he is being prompted for a Username
> and password, what happens after this point?

.... yes, it prompts me again and again, and then says access denied.

Regards,
Thomas

0
Thomas
9/25/2006 9:43:42 AM
Hi Thomas,

The versions of sharepoint that I am aware of are "Sharepoint Team Services"
and "Sharepoint Portal Server".  Is SPS one of these or different?
If it is one of the above versions then yes they can co-exist happily with
CRM.

When you are prompted for login, is the domain correct?
As an issue we have with one of our clients is that it says
"company.local\username" and we have to remove the .local part and then put
in the password and hit ok and it works.  But if we leave it as
"company.local\username" and put in the password it fails as you have
explained, prompted several times and then denied.

Is your IIS site set to "Integrated windows authentication"  ??

What is your infrastructure?
Is it an SBS install or a Professional install on several servers?  If so
how is it setup?

Regards,
Nathan

Nathan Warner wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> The versions of sharepoint that I am aware of are "Sharepoint Team
> Services" and "Sharepoint Portal Server".  Is SPS one of these or
> different? If it is one of the above versions then yes they can
> co-exist happily with CRM.

.... this is what I knew, that SPS and WSS co-exist with CRM.

> When you are prompted for login, is the domain correct?

.... sure.

> As an issue we have with one of our clients is that it says
> "company.local\username" and we have to remove the .local part and
> then put in the password and hit ok and it works.  But if we leave it
> as "company.local\username" and put in the password it fails as you
> have explained, prompted several times and then denied.

.... sure, that won't work in any case. You have to use UPN or NetBIOS logon
credentials.

> Is your IIS site set to "Integrated windows authentication"  ??

.... yes.

> What is your infrastructure?
> Is it an SBS install or a Professional install on several servers?

.... enterprise infrastructure with Windows Server 2003 Enterprise machines.

> If so how is it setup?

.... CRM is setup on one machine Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 + with
SQL 2000 SP4.

Regards,
Thomas

0
Thomas
9/27/2006 9:33:48 AM
Hi Thomas,

As I am sure your aware the AD cannot be located on the CRM server.
As it is located on the other server (not crm) there may need to be a Trust
for Delegation setup between the two servers.
Have you looked at this?
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=832769

Also you will need to allow the CRM web site through Sharepoint, as it can
block other IIS sites.

We have exactly the same setup here and have no issues with it what so ever.

hth,
Nathan.

Nathan Warner wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> As I am sure your aware the AD cannot be located on the CRM server.
> As it is located on the other server (not crm) there may need to be a
> Trust for Delegation setup between the two servers.

.... in a multi domain AD you have transitive trust out of the box.

> Have you looked at this?
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=832769

.... well known, thanks.

> Also you will need to allow the CRM web site through Sharepoint, as
> it can block other IIS sites.

.... right.

> We have exactly the same setup here and have no issues with it what
> so ever.

.... we will try a new installation.

Regards,
Thomas

0
Thomas

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

conversion #3
I am trying to upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. When I attempt to export the data in my email files (inbox, sent,etc.)I do not have the "received" information exported - when mapping the fields I am unable to map several of the email fields; therefore, they are not exported. I have been unable to find the normal email fields to use in my mapping. How do I map normal email fields in an export operation? If I do not export this information my new computer has no idea when I received my old emails/ In the old days, the easiest way to keep all da...

BackUp #3
how i can take backup of all my company emailboxes and addresses? ...

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

crm consultant needed asap

SBS 2003 moving of users files

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...