closing an opportunity 10-06-06

Hello, I have a problem to close my own opportunity in crm 3.0. I get a
errormassage "insufficient permissions". The role have all "user"-rights for
opportunities. Wath other rights are necessary to close a opportunity?

Thanks for your help!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Give the permission to read Quote (least) or create Quote (Sales tab in
the Security Roles).

This is a usual problem and trust me, I don't understand what the quote
have to do with this... but it works... it took me hours before I could
find it.
Way to go Microsoft!!!!

Gerd Gottschall a =E9crit :

> Hello, I have a problem to close my own opportunity in crm 3.0. I get a
> errormassage "insufficient permissions". The role have all "user"-rights =
for
> opportunities. Wath other rights are necessary to close a opportunity?
>=20
> Thanks for your help!

0
mamor
10/6/2006 3:06:39 PM
When an opportunity is being closed, it needs to check for active quotes. if
there are active quotes associated with the opportunity, the opportunity
will not be allowed to close. That was the reason to make this check of
"quotes" permission. However it was an oversight on our part to not special
case it with 'if there are no active quotes, then don't do the permission
check'. I've entered this issue in the database for future release.

--
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager

You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
"mamor" <mehdi.amor@nexio.com> wrote in message
Give the permission to read Quote (least) or create Quote (Sales tab in
the Security Roles).

This is a usual problem and trust me, I don't understand what the quote
have to do with this... but it works... it took me hours before I could
find it.
Way to go Microsoft!!!!

Gerd Gottschall a �crit :

> Hello, I have a problem to close my own opportunity in crm 3.0. I get a
> errormassage "insufficient permissions". The role have all "user"-rights
> for
> opportunities. Wath other rights are necessary to close a opportunity?
>
> Thanks for your help!

0
Manisha
11/4/2006 5:53:00 AM
Hello Manisha

There is a similar issue with the sales process tab in opportunities. If I
have an active sales process against an opportunity but do not have read
access to quotes the sales process screen will be blank ie the sales process
will not show.

Really hoping this can be fixed in V4

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"Manisha Powar (MSFT)" <manishap@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When an opportunity is being closed, it needs to check for active quotes.
> if there are active quotes associated with the opportunity, the
> opportunity will not be allowed to close. That was the reason to make this
> check of "quotes" permission. However it was an oversight on our part to
> not special case it with 'if there are no active quotes, then don't do the
> permission check'. I've entered this issue in the database for future
> release.
>
> --
> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> Program Manager
> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

> rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation.
> All rights reserved.
> "mamor" <mehdi.amor@nexio.com> wrote in message
> Give the permission to read Quote (least) or create Quote (Sales tab in
> the Security Roles).
>
> This is a usual problem and trust me, I don't understand what the quote
> have to do with this... but it works... it took me hours before I could
> find it.
> Way to go Microsoft!!!!
>

> Gerd Gottschall a �crit :
>
>> Hello, I have a problem to close my own opportunity in crm 3.0. I get a
>> errormassage "insufficient permissions". The role have all "user"-rights
>> for
>> opportunities. Wath other rights are necessary to close a opportunity?
>>
>> Thanks for your help!

0
John
11/7/2006 4:29:31 AM
Thanks John. I've filed both these issues in our database.

--

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:evdw95uAHHA.4472@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hello Manisha
>
> There is a similar issue with the sales process tab in opportunities. If I
> have an active sales process against an opportunity but do not have read
> access to quotes the sales process screen will be blank ie the sales
> process will not show.
>
> Really hoping this can be fixed in V4
>

> ==============================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> "Manisha Powar (MSFT)" <manishap@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When an opportunity is being closed, it needs to check for active quotes.
>> if there are active quotes associated with the opportunity, the
>> opportunity will not be allowed to close. That was the reason to make
>> this check of "quotes" permission. However it was an oversight on our
>> part to not special case it with 'if there are no active quotes, then
>> don't do the permission check'. I've entered this issue in the database
>> for future release.
>>
>> --
>> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
>> Program Manager
>> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

>> rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation.
>> All rights reserved.
>> "mamor" <mehdi.amor@nexio.com> wrote in message
>> Give the permission to read Quote (least) or create Quote (Sales tab in
>> the Security Roles).
>>
>> This is a usual problem and trust me, I don't understand what the quote
>> have to do with this... but it works... it took me hours before I could
>> find it.
>> Way to go Microsoft!!!!
>>

>> Gerd Gottschall a �crit :
>>
>>> Hello, I have a problem to close my own opportunity in crm 3.0. I get a
>>> errormassage "insufficient permissions". The role have all "user"-rights
>>> for
>>> opportunities. Wath other rights are necessary to close a opportunity?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help!

0
Manisha

How to close all child (modal) dialogs
Hi, I have a modal dialog1 that displays another modal dialog2, which in turn can display another dialog3, etc. In my application it is possible that dialog1 gets a user defined windows message. In this message handler he may conclude to close all the child windows (dialog2, dialog3, etc.). I'm using EnumChildWindows, but it doesn't seem to work. So I have something like this: // Callback function for EnumChildWindows BOOL CALLBACK EnumCloseDialog(HWND hwndChild, LPARAM lParam) { PostMessage(hwndChild,WM_CLOSE,0,0); // CloseWindow(hwndChild) doesn't work either, // i...

hiding columns when close to 256 limit
Hi folks, I am working with a sheet 250 columns wide. I need to hide about 10 o these columns however when I try to hide these columns a warning tell me I can't move objects off the sheet, even though I am not inputtin any additional info into the spare 6 columns!! I have tried deletin these columns and resaving the spreadsheet but this hasn't worked. If anyone knows a way round this I would be extremely grateful if the could let me know!! Many thanks for any input. Kind regards -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might help. http://support.microsoft.com/def...

How to reversibly close Outlook with some files open?
Windows Update routinely closes Outlook when it has email files open, and then restarts Outlook with these same files open after it re-boots with patched installed. How can a user accomplish the same result, i.e., close Outlook with some email files open and then have these files re-open when Outlook is re-started? Thanks! Use File-> Close to close Outlook instead of the top right X. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ ...

batch open and close
everytime a customer wants to open for the day it asks her if she wants to override the day before if u say no then it closes if u say yes then it overrides and messes everything up...samething happens when she closes...so if you go look in batches its in negative and when u look in daily sales by cashier it shows pluses so two things here how do we fix whats already happened and how do we stop this from happening...we need to be able to open and close with no problems. also trying to print x and z reports it says its printing but it really isnt...where do I go and look to see whats wr...

Report Footer 02-11-10
I'm trying to add some text into a report footer. I want the footer to appear at the bottom of the page no matter what. Right now it appears just after the details section, on the last page of the report. Is there an easy way for me to force the report footer to the bottom of the page (like the page footer is)? On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:06:01 -0800, RSteph wrote: > I'm trying to add some text into a report footer. I want the footer to appear > at the bottom of the page no matter what. Right now it appears just after the > details section, on the last page of the...

ciao 12-06-07
ciao robi cm va???? ...

Excel 05-07-10
How do you center information on the spreadsheet? How do you add a sheet to your document ( I have 3 sheets at bottom but need additional ones)? Hi, select the cells where you want to center and the press the merge center key in your toolbar, has an a in the middle To add a sheet right click on the mouse in the tab name and then insert "PS" wrote: > How do you center information on the spreadsheet? > How do you add a sheet to your document ( I have 3 sheets at bottom but need > additional ones)? Hi, To add a sheet to the workbook press Shift+F11 -- ...

Multiple IF statment help 05-24-10
Morning all Having some trouble in getting a formula together. Am hoping someone can help me I have to put a formula (believe it to be an if) which has 3 possible outcomes For example D42 has a start date - E42 an end date (although not all the time), F42 a salary figure and finally I3-AR3 has months starting from 31/01/10 - 31/12/12 I need the statment to have the following If the start date in D42 is prior to the month (I3) then take the base salary in F42 and divide by 12. However If E42's endate is prior to (I3) then don't take F42 and divide by 12 (an...

Parameter Query Question 03-01-10
Why doesn't this work? In the Criteria field of a QBE grid, I have the following formula, to pull some parameters off a form. How can I code the "*" condition, if the chkAll is true? IIf([Forms]![frmLA_Control_Panel].[chkAll]=True,([tblOnliners]. [Region]) Like "*",[Forms]![frmLA_Control_Panel].[cboRegions]) (this doen't work) IIf([Forms]![frmLA_Control_Panel].[chkAll]=True,"*",[Forms]! [frmLA_Control_Panel].[cboRegions]) (this doesn't work either) "doesn't work" doesn't give us much to go on ... can you be a bi...

Change "Close Opportunity" form
How can i change the "Close Opportunity"-form? We've installed a Dutch version of CRM, so I don't know how the topmenu-values are called, but here's a guess: When you are in an Opportunity and you click on Actions -> "Close Opportunity...", there will pop-up a form. And i want to change that form but i can't find it.... What do you want to change? The only thing you can control on this form (in a supported manner) is the list of values in the drop downs. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "AmonRa" <AmonRa@discussions.microsoft.com...

Add a close case button
Hi, Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete cases just the resolve button. Many thanks, Hi, Yes, it is possible but it will require some custom programming using CRM SDK. A code will be developed which will be called on click of the button. That code will resolve the case. You need to programming skills for it. Download CRM SDK for details. You may contact me directly at my email address if you...

Error Message 08-17-10
Good Morning, I am trying to make Windows Mail my new mail account. This is the message that keeps popping up. Does anyone have any idea on how I can get connected? Thanks in Advance, Kasey Account: 'Home', Server: 'pop3.zoominternet.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization first', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 yes i am getting same one and just got off of chat with comcast for 1 hr. and still not resolved "Kasey Jennings" wrote: > Good Morning, > I am trying...

excel closes when trying to open certain files
Excel 2003 will close when trying to open a specific file. When Excel is reopened the file is in the recovery box. When I open the file from the recovery box it gives a message that the file is too corrupt to repair and most of my data is gone along with any formatting. This is the only file that seems to be affected and it use to open without any problems. The same file will open on other computers with Excel 2003 without any problems. The only difference between this file and others that seem to have no problem is before the file opens, it ask to disable or enable macros. This f...

2 cash drawers, one closing ????
We have a POS computer with 2 cash drawers, since its two cashiers that works the station at the same shift. My question is, is there a way to have 2 closing? one per cash drawer / cashiers? This sins since both cash drawers are in the same shift and both start with a petty cash. Whats the recommended way to work a shift with 2 cash drawers/cashiers and to properly square off the shift? ...

Crystal Reports 10
I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase. We would like to be able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in Crystal Reports 10. I have no issue running the reports within Crystal, however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get the error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object." Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9? Does it even work with 9? Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated...

Outlook has encountered a fatal error and must close
When composing messages I get the above message. the program closes and I am never sure whether my message has been lost. This message and abrupt shut down only started happening in the last month. Sending the error report has yielded nothing despite sending the error report every second time. Re: Terms of use below: I would just like it fixed!!!! Did you recently install a newer version of Ad-Aware? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft....

Opportunity Product Call Out
Does anyone know if it is possible to do a post call out on the opportunity product page? The information I have researched so far doesn't mention it being an entity that I can do that with. Second part to this question is that if I can do this how will I get each products value sent to me, is there a way to loop through the values sent to me in the post call out. If you can't tell I am new to this, I am not looking for code or anything as I will figure it out, I just want to know if it can be done before spending time trying to do it if it can't be done. Thanks, Brian ...

Opportunity>Quote 'Mail Merge' Issue
Dear Forum Members: When I add three 'different' products (Product A, Product B, Product C) to an Opportunity and then try to Produce a Quote in Word (Mail Merge), I get the 'same' product 3 times (Product A, Product A, Product A). I think there may be an issue with the database fields I have placed in my XML template. Please help! Thanks, I see the problem, yet I still need advice on how to repair the Quote in Word. The Mail Merge is creating 3 Quotes for 3 Recipients. For example, Quote #1 has has Product A three times, Quote # 2 has Product B three times, Quote # ...

MSDE Installation Problem 03-14-06
While installing CRM Outlook Client for laptop on a user's laptop I got the following error with the CRM System Requirements checklist and I can not contiue the installation. MSDE Service Pack 4 is required When we confirm install, the installation begins, however half way through the install the install fails with the message "user cancelled installation". We did not cancel this action! We have re-tried several times, same error message appears. I am getting the same problem- haven't found a solution so far. "Christine" wrote: > While installing CRM...

Custom printed scrubs are often a favorite in the medical community. Unique scrubs offer the opportunity to provide a bit of personality to the task at hand, but faded and worn out scrubs should be
Custom printed scrubs are often a favorite in the medical community. Unique scrubs offer the opportunity to provide a bit of personality to the task at hand, but faded and worn out scrubs should be replaced quickly to insure a professional atmosphere at your workplace. http://www.replicab2b.net http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Wallets_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Jewelrys_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Shoes_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Jeans_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Sunglasses_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Clothing_1.html Frayed ...

Cell Referencing 05-14-10
I have Worksheets("Data") and worksheets named for each year ONLY the current year and previous years are available, ie Worksheets("2011") will not exist until it is 2011. Worksheets("Data") is a summary worksheet. It pulls totals and/or averages from each year worksheet. Since future year worksheets do not exist until that year arrives, I have formulas on the Data worksheet that check to see if that year is here. If not, then "". Hence, when a new year worksheet is created, it will also place that year, ie 2010, as the column heade...

Printing problem #10
One of our staff has received a workbook with single page sheets in it. But every time we attempt to print it, the printer spews out 20+ sheets although the document only has one page and we can see the print area borders. How do we fix this? -- Yours truly - Canadian Newsgirl hi. Excel is pretty squirrelly when it comes to printing. Highlight the area you want to print. click File>Print area>set print area. >-----Original Message----- >One of our staff has received a workbook with single page sheets in it. But >every time we attempt to print it, the printer spews out 2...

Remove Opportunity from convert lead
Is there a way to remove Create an opportunity from the convert lead button? The reason i want to do this is I display the accountid on the opportunity form for passing parameters out of crm to an external program. When an opportunity is created from the convert lead tab CRM does not recognize it as a new opportunity from the account and doesnt place the id into the field, so i want to force my salesman to create the opportunity from the account. ...

apartamento casa =?ISO-8859-1?Q?vit=F3ria?= 06-12-04
Temos v�rios im�veis a venda em Vit�ria-es (Esp�rito Santo) Casas , apartamentos , im�veis na planta.... www.imoveisvitoria.com.br ...

Maintenance of Business Alerts
Go to Cards --> System --> Business Alert I then select an existing Business Alert. I then choose [Modify Alert]. This initiates the configuration Wizard. Once the wizard has completed, I would expect it to return to the Business Alert Maintenance window. It does not! This means I have to open the window again (and enter the system password) to move onto the next Business Alert needed for maintenance. The Business Alert Maintenance window does not get closed if the [Schedule Notification] or the [Print/Remove History] button is chosen. This indicates inconsistency. --------...