Client Support Module / add-in for CRM 3.0?

We are a software company, and we just implemented CRM 3.0 for the sales
staff.

We are still using Lotus Notes for our support staff, and were curious
if there is a module that we could get for CRM to be able to handle the
Support staff as well?

This would need to be able to handle creating support tickets, allowing
for updating, and cut and paste of screen shots.

If anyone is familiar with something in this line, please let me know...
I would love to decommission Lotus Notes in the very near future.

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Installation of microsoft cRm
i already installed the microsoft crm 1.2. when i open the microsoft crm workflow manager. and specify the target microsoft crm server is says the specified microsoft crm is not responding. this might happen if is currently unvailable. then when i check the IIS CRM the siet is stopped what should i do? Can you give more details on the installation. Also make sure the crm web site is started. Was this installed on small business server? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP "chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cfbe01c4695f$ec5aa6b0$a30...

World Language Support
Sorry if this got posted twice... I need to know if Office X supports two-byte keyboard input and world language support (esp. Japanese). Help!!!!!! john Yup it does, you may need to run the Language Assistant from the valuepack first and ensure you have japanese input set up on the mac. H "John A Robinson" <jrobinson@pppl.gov> wrote in message news:d94ba0a.0308270713.59c3df9@posting.google.com... > Sorry if this got posted twice... > I need to know if Office X supports two-byte keyboard input and world > language support (esp. Japanese). > Help!!!!!! > john ...

need query to random update field with 0,1,2,3 or 4
Hi, I need to update a field with a random number 0 1 2 3 or 4 in order to test a report. Can anyone set me up with a query for this? There is no criteria to update from, it should update all records in the table. Thanks, Robbie On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:06:30 -0700, "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi, I need to update a field with a random number 0 1 2 3 or 4 in order to >test a report. Can anyone set me up with a query for this? There is no >criteria to update from, it should update all records in the table. > >Thanks, >Robbie > UPDATE yourtable SE...

XML Serialization #3
I have an class (A) that contains an class (B1) of type (B). An class (C), contained by class (A), contains its own class (B2) of type (B). When I want to serialize class (A), I want to ignore, programmatically, certain properties on class (B1), BUT, I want those same properties to not be ignored when it serializes class (B2) via serializing class (C). I've set up an XmlAttributeOverride with an XmlAttribute that has the XmlIgnore flag set to true for each property I don't want exposed and for type (B). Of course doing this causes the properties to be ignored for both class (B1) and ...

Find / Delete / Add . . .
Greetings, I got in �sheet1� a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the a data entr�e form (not VBA) its on the sheet in cell A2 (Name), B2 (Phone), C2 (Address) and with three buttons a the side Find, Delete, Add. Cell A3:C3 is the "Results Area" I would like the "Find" button return a search from "Sheet1" for any o the 3 Headers and display the result in Cell A3:C3. The "Delete" butto should the delete the result in "sheet2" cell A3:C3 and the entire ro / record fro...

Video Email Add-in #2
I have a problem with this add-in. I installed the original version when it was first released. This went well and the email add-in was working properly on my computer. However, I went to send a video email last week and noticed that the video email menu is missing from my toolbars. I tried to add it using the View-Toolbar menu and it is nowhere to be found. I reinstalled it and it is still not available. I have even reinstalled Office 2003 Professional and it does not turn-up. However, when my wife logs into her account and uses Outlook the video option is available to her. ...

POP client cant send e-mail
HI All! POP3 users from outside the network are unable to send the mail to users other then company's domain. The error in Application log is Event ID 1069 SSPI authentication attempt from 61.17.134.89 has failed with error 0x8009030c. The Firewall I am using is WatchGuard SOHO 6 Another Error is This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #5. The client at "61.11.30.103" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxx@yahoo.com ". The full command sent was "rcpt TO: <xxx@y...

CRM Workflow Manager
I am looking to start using the CRM Workflow manager, but have some questions regarding the composing of the alert emails. We would like to capture and include information like Opportunity Name, Contact, Opportunity Created By, and the like in the body of the email. Is this possible, and if so how? Thanks, Scott Check out the C350 Email Enhancement Pack (www.c360.com) >-----Original Message----- >I am looking to start using the CRM Workflow manager, but have some >questions regarding the composing of the alert emails. We would like to >capture and include information like Oppo...

Authentication in CRM SDK
I started using the CRM SDK and have copied examples for creating Leads/Contact from the examples, but everytime I run them I get a 401 (Unauthorized) error. How do I need to set everything up so that I can be authenticated using bizUser.WhoAmI()? The error is always thrown when this is called. I am in a differenet domain from the crm server. Aint gonna happen, sorry mate. The best you can do, is to do impersonate, but if you want to do that, your iis server needs to be trusted for delegation. regards Rihan "adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Add legend to trendline? #2
I am charting total cash income 1530-1650 for a foundation against the left axis. Against the right axis is the constant (uninflated) value of this income. As these two lines intersect frequently, the chart is too busy, so I have inserted a 10-year moving average trendline for the latter line, and “cleared” the actual constant value line. Now there are only two lines on my chart—total cash income and the trendline of its constant value, which is how I want it. The problem is that when I “cleared” the constant value line, the corresponding line in the legend also disappeared, but the le...

Tender Type
Hi Mates, I am using RMS 2.0 and have some issues with the tenders. I need to create the following tender Salary Purpose:Employees buys the material and the salary is deducted against the purchase. Like to know which tender type can be used for this. Here we need to capture the employee code in the database. Thanks in Advance Create a store account for the employees. "RK" <RK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBFD1FBF-BA9B-4E08-8483-B0FF692A3D80@microsoft.com... > Hi Mates, > > I am using RMS 2.0 and have some issues with the tenders. > &...

MFC 7.0 Breaks DDE
Ahh, found where they are hiding MFC now. It seems like the MFC that ships with VS .NET 2003 breaks DDE. The OnDDEExecute command now omits the string copy of the parameter into a temporary buffer. However, the temporary buffer is still passed to the application OnDDECommand method. So, you always get a blank (or garbage) string I can't believe I am the first to discover this. Are there plans for a quick patch to this ? Any advice on handling this, I hate to overrride OnDDEExecute. Thanks in advance Brian Corcoran Brian, Apparently, you are not the first one to discover thi...

CRM on terminalllll
I used the admin rights , installed the desktop client as mentioned in installation guide . After finishing when i start outlook i get the famous ever problem with outlook " an error has occurred while loading crm funcationality" when i try to run the script , i dont see anything on command prompt . "\\sharefolder\TerminalInstall.cmd install" The only wired thing i see in "crm30foroutlookinstalled log" " MsgStore failed with error The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server c...

Can I add a second Identity column by hand...
Hi Im trying to use a second identity column as an incrememntal number for a barcode on a ticket. Ive created my new entity but it wont let me add a second identity. Ive gone into the backend table and created this an another identity and everything seems to be working well. Is this good practice or should I not be mseeing with anything in the back end CRM databases. M Griffin Chester Zoo Developer Don't do it. The proper way is using a callout to create a unique number. I assume you did the following: 1. Created a new integer attribute on your entity 2. Changed the definition in t...

Business Portal 64-bit support?
My problem: Win server 2003 64-bit SQL server 2005 64-bit MOSS 2007 64-bit in the same server (setup as farm, not stand alone) Now I need to install BP on this server to access GP data from another server (32-bit) and not sure if GP Business Portal will support 64-bit. I need expert opinion and confirmation regarding BP 64-bit compatibility. Your help is greatly appreciated. Bill Hi Bill, I am in charge of application compatibility testing for GP/BP. Currently BP(IIS Server) is not supported on any 64-bit operating system. This will be supported in the next release of Microsofty D...

Customer Accounts #3
We have multiple accounts for a customer. Is there a way to merge them? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008B_01CA16BA.2C690A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Stitcher, You didn't mention for SO or HQ. SO http://tinyurl.com/z9bxy HQ http://tinyurl.com/kwo52q Another option is to look at DRS' VIP Zone 60 day demo = http://tinyurl.com/6b58x8 --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...

How to add label to chapters on DVD Maker under Windows 7
Hello, first time user of DVD Maker under Windows 7 I did not found a way to adsd a title / comment / comment to the different chapters. So, how can I do it? Regards, coolthinking wrote: > Hello, first time user of DVD Maker under Windows 7 I did not found a > way to adsd a title / comment / comment to the different chapters. > So, how can I do it? > > Regards, ===================================== Maybe the following article would be worth a look: How to Burn DVD's with Windows DVD Maker http://www.7tutorials.com/how-burn-dvds-windows-dvd-maker -- ...

Use button in Outlook to open CRM folder
Problem creating custom button from Microsoft CRM in Outlook 2007: Hi, I'm trying to create a button in outlook linking to a Microsoft CRM page using Microsoft CRM. I've installed the Laptop client for Microsoft CRM and I got a Microsoft CRM menu under mail folders in the Outlook 2007 client. i.e. the Account menu links to http://localhost:2525/_root/stage.aspx?url=%2F_root%2Fhomepage.aspx%3Fetc=1&id=nav_accts If I click the accounts menu under Microsoft CRM the Account list shows, but if I create a button in ISV.Config with "outlook-only" parameter the account li...

GP 9.0 SP3
Hi, I'm a user running GP 9.0 SP 1. If I upgrade to SP 3, does that service pack include the hotfix for the recent changes to the W-2 form, or is that separate? Thanks for your time! ...

Help with Outlook and Messenger 7.0 and XP Firewall
I currently have the XP Firewall activated and am running Outlook 2002 and MSN Messenger 7.0. I noticed in the firewall exceptions that Outlook is not checked as an exception, although Messenger 7, Console and other items are. I am using ICS to share a dial up internet connection between 2 PC's that are connected thru wired Ethernet. I am getting my email OK. Also have a subscription to Hotmail Plus so I can read my hotmail account in Outlook, which also works. Recently I tried to sign out of passport and was unable to do so. I can sign out of all the other services, but it wil...

How Do I Part 3
Here's something simple that I can't figure. Say I want to look in a cell and if either of two things appear, I want to count the cell. Here's the formula, with the touchy part toward the end: =SUMPRODUCT(--(D12:D29:H12:H29:M12:M29:Q12:Q20="D1"),--(G12:G29:K12:K29:P12:P29:T12:T29="FW""G"))/J34 There at the end, the way it goes, the cell is counted only if an "FW" and a "G" is present. I want it to be an "FW" OR a "G". Thanks, Alanb Try =SUMPRODUCT(--((G12:G29:K12:K29:P12:P29:T12:T29="FW")+...

Add printer W2K8 error 0x00000002 (Terminal server)
When i try to add a network printer or a local printer it fails with the folowing error: 0x00000002 We have 4 terminal servers and 3 are working fine only one gives this error. I already did the folowing: Removing the printer drivers at the server. Exporting the regkey print from a good working ts to this one. Copying al driver with printmig to the bad server. System information: Windows server 20008 Service pack 2 32 bits Terminal server If someone needs more information, just ask and i will give it to you! Thanks for all your help Kindly Regards, Alex van Duist ...

Error when running reports (CRM 3.0)
Hi! We're having the following problem: When clicking on "Run Reports" from a client computer, we get a "The page cannot be displayed" error. We already verify the Report Server and everything seems to be OK. We also have tested on the Virtual PC CRM Demo from Microsoft and got the same error. We noticed that the problem seems to be in the built URL, which is, for example: "http://localhost/reportserver?%2fMaeil+Consultores_MSCRM%2fLead+Source+Effectiveness" We think that it shouldn't be there "localhost" (this is why it works on the SQL...

Entourage #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Turned computer on this morning and everything in Entourage was gone Error message : The operation could not be completed an un expected error code - 10657 What can I do to recover my data? On 3/24/08 7:44 01AM, in article ee95da0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "davewllc@officeformac.com" <davewllc@officeformac.com> wrote: > Turned computer on this morning and everything in Entourage was gone Error > message : > > The operation could not be completed an un expected error code - 10657 > &...

Copying from Word into CRM email within website
When a user copied information from a Word document into an email within the CRM site he received the following message when he tried to send the email. The email below may contain script that is potentially harmful and has been blocked After a few attempts it did send, when he received it the email came back with the same warning/message and then it also said UNBLOCK. What i can not figure out is what script, it's all text? Is this due to the copy from Word or is it security settings within IE, CRM is a trusted site in everyone's IE as I push this out through a GP. Regards, S...