Client License Question

 I was given a task to add 3 client licenses for 3 new users. Outside of the
user setup like permissions I looked at the deployment manager on the CRM
Host and it shows we are licensed for lets say 300 users, only using 100. I
take this to mean that I don't have to actually add additional licenses and
just install the client software.

Any Help

CRM Newbie (To call me a newbie would be nice)
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Jonh,
Yes, it is very much possible but requires some good programming skills to
develop and implement the solution. There are callouts in CRM. Using
callouts, email can be sent. I have sucessfully used callouts to send emails
on every new note on certain entities.

You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this.
--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com

On May 8, 2:31 pm, CRM Newbie <CRM New...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
>  I was given a task to add 3 client licenses for 3 new users. Outside of the
> user setup like permissions I looked at the deployment manager on the CRM
> Host and it shows we are licensed for lets say 300 users, only using 100. I
> take this to mean that I don't have to actually add additional licenses and
> just install the client software.
>
> Any Help
>
> CRM Newbie (To call me a newbie would be nice)

No, but I have seen this as well, i.e. CRM Deployment Manager shows
100,000 licenses on an SBS (Small Business Server) running an open
license copy of CRM.  You should check with your licensing partner to
see how many you currently have and place an order as necessary.

Scott Moore
www.easiintl.com

0
Scott
5/9/2007 2:36:35 AM
Thanks Scott, we have paid for the new client licenses, I was just unclear if
I needed to add the keys at the server or the client.

"Scott Moore: JourneyTEAM - EASI" wrote:

> On May 8, 2:31 pm, CRM Newbie <CRM New...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> >  I was given a task to add 3 client licenses for 3 new users. Outside of the
> > user setup like permissions I looked at the deployment manager on the CRM
> > Host and it shows we are licensed for lets say 300 users, only using 100. I
> > take this to mean that I don't have to actually add additional licenses and
> > just install the client software.
> >
> > Any Help
> >
> > CRM Newbie (To call me a newbie would be nice)
>
> No, but I have seen this as well, i.e. CRM Deployment Manager shows
> 100,000 licenses on an SBS (Small Business Server) running an open
> license copy of CRM.  You should check with your licensing partner to
> see how many you currently have and place an order as necessary.
>
> Scott Moore
> www.easiintl.com

A question of range
Dear Group, I cannot think of how to do this: Say A1:A5 contain numerals. B1 contains a numeral, say 6. C1 contains =SUM(A1:A5). Instead if summing the range down to A5, can I rewrite the formula in C1 to use the numeral in B1 as the second of the range? ie. C1 contains =SUM(A1:A (the numeral in B1)). Thanks for any assistance. McGoo One way Put in C1: =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A"&(B1))) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- <McGoo@virgin.net> wrote in message news:4209328c.14396677@news.virgin.net... >...

Address book not populating in Dynamics CRM 4.0 Outlook client
Am I missing something or is this broken? You install the Outlook client and if you go to the CRM address book there are no contacts despite the CRM options being set to "Match only against contacts synchronized to Microsoft Dynamics CRM" and the user owning synced contacts. I've replicated this on site and in the Microsoft demo VPC. I can work around it by setting the options to 'Match all contacts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM' but that doesn't fix what appears to be a bug. Leon Tribe There is field : Update the outlook addressbook every ...........By default it is ...

Combo Box question
I have a combo box with CBS_DROPDOWN style. The combo box is enabled by default, but in response to an event, I want to change the combo box style such that the user can select and copy the currently displayed text in the edit control of the combo box, but not be able to drop down (or change it). In other words, the combo box needs to be disabled, except for allowing the user to navigate to it (via tab key) and copy the currently selected text. If I use CWnd::EnableWindow(FALSE), the combo box is completely disabled and does not even receive focus. How do I do this? Thanks for help Abhijit ...

Cached Plan DMV Questions
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlprogrammability/archive/2007/01/23/4-0-useful-queries-on-dmv-s-to-understand-plan-cache-behavior.aspx I found these set of queries excellent for digging into some plan cache issues I'm having, but I have a few questions. 1) I don't quite understand the widely varied sizes I get for the same plan using: - sys.dm_exec_cached_plans.size_in_bytes - sys.dm_os_memory_cache_entries.pages_allocated_count * 8192 - sys.dm_os_memory_objects.pages_allocated_count * sys.dm_os_memory_objects.page_size_in_bytes I can add up the values for PLANSKELETON,...

CRM v3.0 Questions
Hello, Is the fuctionality to unshare multiple records available in v3.0. The 1.2 documentation shows this functionality but it seems to be missing from the actual product. When you re-assign a record in v1.2 the record maintains a share relationship with the prior owner. Does v3.0 function the same way. Are there any tricks (other than using SCRIBE) when importing new records to link multiple contacts to a single lead. Has any new flexibilty been added to the Microsoft record importer. Thanks, Ron In 3.0 if you go to the settings > Organization Settings > System Settings th...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

[more of a 'c' question really] Converting doubles to strings without getting scientific notation
Hello hello.. I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets small the string appears in scientific notation ie 0.02 become 2e-02 Is there another conversion routine I can use to prevent this? I have a not terribly scientific customer who would prefer a straight forward decimal display. Thanks "Zardoz" <thing@thing.thing> wrote in message news:122lvvkvicks85nka58iugok64ba0plpem@4ax.com... > Hello hello.. > > > I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets > small the string appears in scientific notation ...

List of questions
Hi, I have some questions in outlook 2003, can anyone help me? 1-how can i in the appointment type a subject with special format (red, bold..) 2-whent a task is 100% completed, how can be deleted automatically. 3- I need to filter only the available time on a specific day. ex if i have 2 appointments today on a specific time, what i need to see is the available time for other new appointments. 4-If I have a lot of appointments on a specific date that are colored with labels and have a specific show time as (busy,tentative), when i go to print this calendar with the "calendar detai...

Easy formula question
=IF(D4>D5:D6:D7:D8:D9:D10:D11:D12:D13:D14:D15:D16,"Leader","---") :confused: I am trying to get a cell to say the word Leader if cell D4 is greate than the other cells in the list or if D4 is not greater than the cell in the list to say --- but obviously I have the formula above wron because it is not working. Help ASAP please!!!! Thanks in advance for any help with this, Mik -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: htt...

Treeview Control Question
Hello, I am using a treeview Control in a form that has a tab control. The treeview control is located on one of the tabs. When the form loads it populates the treeview control(has checkboxes enabled on treeview), bolds certain text based on the SQL table it's pulling from, and then checks any items that were checked last time the record was saved. The problem that I am having is that when I move to another tab and go back to it, all of the bolds and checks are gone. I've tried redoing the query on tab control and page click actions as well as trying to set focus on the treeview ...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

Question about MFC source code.
Hi, all, I find that there are some redefinitions in afxHH.h. Something looks like this: #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E110 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E111 // aliases: MRU_2 - MRU_16 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E112 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E113 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E114 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E115 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E116 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E117 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FIL...

Rounding Up question
Hi, A1 has the ROUNDUP Function referenced to B1: ROUNDUP(B1,0). Example: B1 says: 6.2 A1 will roundup to 7. Perfect! This works 99% of the time. But in a special case B1 says 6.0 - A1 still rounds up to 7. I expanded B1 decimal places and found B1 in this case really says: 6.00044. Hence the reason for A1 rounding to 7. Is there anyway to tell the A1 ROUNDUP function to not round up when the first decimal place says zero? Or to only go out one decimal place when rounding up? Hope I worded my question that it can be understood. Thanx in advance, Amy. Hel...

I use client ID #s. Some begin with 0. 0 needs to show
I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How can I get the Zero to show? hi, you can format the cells as a text, hope this helps Regards from Brazil Marcelo "rmingle" escreveu: > I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How > can I get the Zero to show? You can also use a custom format: Suppose you ID numbers have 7 character including the leading 0 then do this: Select the cell(s) Press Ctrl-1 In the numbers tab select custom. In the box "type" enter 7 zero's HTH "Marcelo" wr...

pswd question
On XP pro sp3, if I start->run and type control userpasswords2 then hit enter I get a UserAccts window, I then click the Advanced Tab, I then go down to the center of the window to the AdvancedUserManagement heading and then look to the right and click the Advanced button, I get another window called LocalUsersAndGroups, if I then click Users->MyAcctName I finally get a window that called MyAcctName Properties, if I look down to the center I see a check box (that is checked) beside a heading that says, "password never expires". Ok.......now I go to ControlPanel(ClassicV...

Remote Server Question
Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely. IT is using a generic printer from the server. At the office the printer is on a network. Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely. What needs to be done to get said printer working? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Whether "at the o...

Pivot Table question #4
Hi I have spreadsheets that take data via a pivot table from an OLAP cube that is held on a terminal server. The spreadsheets hold figures entered by me and figures obtain from the pivot table. I want to enable the automatic update on the pivot table but the pivot table is sorted by a project number obtained from the OLAP cube. My problem is if a new project is added to the OLAP cube then it is automatically selected from the drop down list. I want to be able to turn this off so that it only selects the project I have previously chosed. For example if I have selected the filter nu...

If any cell in a range is blank question
Hello. I have two sheets in a workbook. One is a Summary sheet, and the next is titled "Bldg 5". What I am trying to make sure is that the range A1:K20 on the Bldg 5 sheet has had data entered to them (ie, they are not blank). The question that corresponds to Summary sheet A1 is "Has the data for Bldg 5 been updated?" If ANY blank in Bldg 5's range A1: K20, then put a "NO" in Summary A1's cell. If ALL of the Bldg 5 range had data in it, then put a "YES" in Summary A1. I also need A1 to update as data is entered into the Bldg 5 range (a...

x-y Line Graph question
I have a line graph. X is dates and Y is numeric data. I am plotting 12/1/2005 through 1/30/2006. The problems is my series does not start at the "left most" point of 12/1/2005, it is shifted slightly. And the line does not end at the "right most" point of 1/30/2006. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks! XL has two distinct chart types even though they look similar, the XY Scatter chart and the Line chart. There is no XY Line graph. I believe you have a Line graph. Double-click the x-axis and from the Scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses betwe...

GP Extender Tables Question (GP9)
I have created an Extender window with 3 Fields (let’s just say price 1, price 2, price 3). I can see where it got created in table EXT40100, field User_Defined_Prompts_1 etc and I can also see where the data is stored in EXT00103. What I don’t see is where the prompts from EXT40100 are in its own rows so that you can link them to EXT00103 for reporting purposes. I know I can hard code the flags to their proper values in Crystal or set up my own custom table to do it but I would have thought that Extender will have a table like that. Am I just not seeing it? -- Pieter The prompts ...

Use Outlook Client when domain user name different with email acco
Hello, I have a question about using Outlook Client. If the domain user login name is different with email account which belong to a same person, is it possible to install / login with the Outlook client? e.g domain user : degdom\apple email account: applewatson@deg.com One of my client is facing in this situation. I just want to have some preparation before install Outlook Client for him. Thanks for any help! Hi Huimc, It shouldn't be a problem if the AD user is the same used to start Outlook and connect to CRM. You may want to check the email adress in CRM if the ema...

Licensing problem
I am a student at Queen's University in Canada and living in residence. I have Office for Mac installed on my MacBook, and was working fine, until i tried to log on while connected to the residence network, which informed me that I could not proceed because N******* C****** was using the same Office license within the network. I went to check with her to see what the issue was, and it turns out that she was experiencing the same problem. The thing is, we are both using completely separate copies of the program, and the license numbers are different. It makes absolutely no sense to me why t...

Question on Formats...
This ought to be quite simple to answer. Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox? On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2 = Steve, A3 = Claire etc. I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case, black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and green for example? I have tried modifying the original names but that makes no difference. If I right click the combobox and select <Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data entries. Maybe you can't do it. And I want to ...

Allen Browne Client Search Multiple Like Statements
Hi all, I need to have this code search multiple fields, but I keep getting "Expected end of statement" on the Me in the second to last line: If Not IsNull(Me.txtFilterMainName) Then 'strWhere = strWhere & "([MainName] Like ""*" & Me.txtFilterMainName & "*"") AND " strWhere = strWhere & "([Address1] Like ""*" & Me.txtFilterMainName & "*"") OR " & _ strWhere = strWhere & " ([StreetName] Like "" * " & Me.txtFilterM...

Access application on clients without Access
Hi. I have an application made in Access 2003. Now one of my clients are migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007, and they can not afford to buy Office versions with Access included to all the users. I know it's possible to publish "thin" Access application files, but I'm not sure how I do it. From Access 2003, I need to publish "thin" Access application files that will work on clients running Office 2007. Ant hints or links to resources appreciated. Kind regards Mr. Smith Try this one from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx...