City and State Populated by Zip Code

Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the
Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated?

0
Morgan
4/15/2005 6:13:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/).
This is more than just Zip Code/City&State.  It's a full address validator along
with streamlined data entry.  They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up
and it seems to work fairly smoothly.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the
Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated?

0
Matt
4/15/2005 6:39:38 PM
Wow, this is very nice. Did you try or eard somebody try to integrate with MS
CRM?

Sylvie

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/).
> This is more than just Zip Code/City&State.  It's a full address validator along
> with streamlined data entry.  They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up
> and it seems to work fairly smoothly.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the
> Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated?

One of my clients implemented the product and was very happy with it.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/).
> This is more than just Zip Code/City&State.  It's a full address validator along
> with streamlined data entry.  They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up
> and it seems to work fairly smoothly.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the
> Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated?

0
Matt
4/15/2005 9:34:10 PM
Matt - Thank you very much for your help - This was helpful.  I had one
more question if you happen to read this.

The same client wants to load large picklists.  Do you know of any hot
keys or products out there that will recognize the first letter in the
picklist rather than having to scroll down a large list?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0
Morgan
4/18/2005 12:24:22 PM
No.  The app doesn't use standard picklists, which is why this doesn't work.
Without making unsupported changes to the forms, I know of no way around this.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 18 Apr 2005 05:24:22 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wrote:

Matt - Thank you very much for your help - This was helpful.  I had one
more question if you happen to read this.

The same client wants to load large picklists.  Do you know of any hot
keys or products out there that will recognize the first letter in the
picklist rather than having to scroll down a large list?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0
Matt
4/18/2005 3:08:45 PM
Hi Matt,

Do you know if there is a Canadian Postal Code version of that software?

Thanks!
Shauna

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> One of my clients implemented the product and was very happy with it.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:11:07 -0700, Sylvie <Sylvie@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Wow, this is very nice. Did you try or eard somebody try to integrate with MS
> CRM?
>
> Sylvie
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/).
> > This is more than just Zip Code/City&State.  It's a full address validator along
> > with streamlined data entry.  They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up
> > and it seems to work fairly smoothly.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the
> > Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated?

Yes there is.  They suport a variety of countries.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> One of my clients implemented the product and was very happy with it.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:11:07 -0700, Sylvie <Sylvie@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Wow, this is very nice. Did you try or eard somebody try to integrate with MS
> CRM?
>
> Sylvie
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/).
> > This is more than just Zip Code/City&State.  It's a full address validator along
> > with streamlined data entry.  They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up
> > and it seems to work fairly smoothly.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the
> > Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated?

0
Matt
4/20/2005 1:25:13 AM
Hey:

Why not just break up the Picklists into a several Picklists (organized
Alphabetically, a-g, h-p, q-z). Or, if you wanna really get creative, do a
"Find" Feature using JScript. It would be tricky to say the least, but thgist
would be this:

1.) Create an item at the top of you long Picklist called "Find"
2.) Set up the Picklist's OnChange Event with JScript that performs the
following:

a.) When "Find" is selected, the JScript calls up an Input box for the user
b.) The user enters the first few letters of the item they wish to select
c.) Using a custom "Match" function, you return the closest item in the
list. (probably need to combine "LeftContext" and "lastMatch" properties to
get the closest mtching picklist item.
d.) Have the JScript return the Items Integer and String value to the
picklist. This newly selected item (whether it's the one they were searching
for, or 5-8 items away) brings the user closer to the actual item in the
picklist.

The time it take to have the user type text into an input box vs. Scrolling
is what you'd have to consider...

And if you're writing JScript Code in CRM, you should have your IE Script
Debugger turned on, so you can get descriptive feedback whilst constructing
your OnChange event.

Of course, the code to accomplish this is harder than anything I've ever
done in JScript, but I'm gonna futz around with this idea and see if I can
accomplish what I've described above. If I get it to work, I'll pass it
along...

--Dodd

"Morgan" wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the
> Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated?

Sorry, for some reason I posted to the wrong topic... My bad...

try QuickAddress for Microsoft CRM from www.qas.com

"Dodd" <Dodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey:
>
> Why not just break up the Picklists into a several Picklists (organized
> Alphabetically, a-g, h-p, q-z). Or, if you wanna really get creative, do a
> "Find" Feature using JScript. It would be tricky to say the least, but
> thgist
> would be this:
>
> 1.) Create an item at the top of you long Picklist called "Find"
> 2.) Set up the Picklist's OnChange Event with JScript that performs the
> following:
>
> a.) When "Find" is selected, the JScript calls up an Input box for the
> user
> b.) The user enters the first few letters of the item they wish to select
> c.) Using a custom "Match" function, you return the closest item in the
> list. (probably need to combine "LeftContext" and "lastMatch" properties
> get the closest mtching picklist item.
> d.) Have the JScript return the Items Integer and String value to the
> picklist. This newly selected item (whether it's the one they were
> searching
> for, or 5-8 items away) brings the user closer to the actual item in the
> picklist.
>
> The time it take to have the user type text into an input box vs.
> Scrolling
> is what you'd have to consider...
>
> And if you're writing JScript Code in CRM, you should have your IE Script
> Debugger turned on, so you can get descriptive feedback whilst
> constructing
> your OnChange event.
>
> Of course, the code to accomplish this is harder than anything I've ever
> done in JScript, but I'm gonna futz around with this idea and see if I can
> accomplish what I've described above. If I get it to work, I'll pass it
> along...
>
> --Dodd
>
> "Morgan" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the
>> Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated?

0
Peter

VBA code to run macro in certain file based on name of file in cel
I am trying to come up with code that will run a macro in a workbook where the path and name of the workbook are in a cell reference. I have tried the following with no luck. The path to the file is located in cell F36 of worksheet, "Customize" and the name of the file is located in cell F42. The name of the macro is "ClearTotalSavings". Any help from one of you gurus would sure be appreciated. Application.Run "'" & Workbooks(Sheets("Customize").Range("F36").Value) & "\" & Sheets("Customize").R...

Auto-Populate based on Drop-down lists????
I have a table of data and have created a drop down list based on the first column. I would like to be able to choose an item from the list and then have the additional info I choose fill the next two columns. Is this possible? Here is a sample: Product Spec1 Spec2 Spec3 Price A 0.5 6 RED $2.00 B 0.5 4 BLUE $4.00 C 0.6 8 GREEN $6.00 D 0.7 3 BLACK $8.00 When I choose Product A from the drop down on the &q...

How can I show state-by-state data (as silos) on a map of NA
How can I show state-by-state Excel data (as silos) on a map of NA? ...

Outlook error codes
This is wierd.. The error I'm trying to trap is when the start date for an appointment is later than it's end date. Doing this line of code: mobjAppointmentItem.Save Will throw a different error number every time it is execute, making it impossible for me to trap in the event associated with my custom functionality. However, if i simply press 'save and close' on the appointment dialogue, Outlook correctly traps this error and shows a sensible error msgbox. How does Outlook that? and how can I? Thanks, Mark ...

how can I disable TouchPad scrolling is a access form with VB code

Tree View Control state image list
I'm trying to implement a tree view in an MFC wizard property sheet that has check boxes that can be dimmed. In order to do this, I've created an image list that has the check boxes in each of their 4 possible combinations of unchecked/checked and enabled/disabled (as well as a blank image at index 0). However, when I set this image list as the tree view control's state image list, all I see are blank images where the check boxes should be. (I use the correct state indices when I add the various items. I'm using commctl32 version 5.80 and Visual Studio 2005, so according...

Coding Problem
i have been tying to modify the sample databse for my business needs but a few things aren't going right like the codes. i have this code that let the invoice report show up in the sample databse and i want to stop it from showing how can i doi it. thanks Private Sub cmdCreateInvoice_Click() Dim OrderID As Long Dim InvoiceID As Long OrderID = Nz(Me![Order ID], 0) ' Gracefully exit if invoice already created If CustomerOrders.IsInvoiced(OrderID) Then If MsgBoxYesNo(OrderAlreadyInvoiced) Then CustomerOrders.PrintInvoice...

Excel error codes translations

error code 80070663
I have tried my windows update and keep getting the same error code 80070663 and dont know why please help my computer is windows vista When posting to a Newsgяoup or Forum it is requested that you at least provide us with details of the operating system you are using including Service Pack level. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> -=- See if anything here helps. <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=913754> OR I'd recommend resubmitting your post here: Start a help ticket. Help and Support <http://support.microsoft.com/common/in...

about code Access security(CAS)
Hi! I'm reading a book from Microsoft Press (exam 70-536) and it says something that you might have an answer to. It says " CAS can be used either declaratively, in which case the compiler perform security check prior to running code, or imperatively, in which case the code itself perform security checks and controls what happens if the checks fails." I mean it must be the runtime that perform the security check before actually having started the application ? //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message new...

Help to add Format to VBA Code!
-- After searching Google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bob Vance asked: Can "CopyFormat" be added to this code Sub MonthPlus() With ActiveSheet.Buttons(Application.Caller).TopLeftCell If .Column > 8 Then Cells(.Row - 43, .Column - 8).Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-2]C+30" End With End Sub Thanks in advance.........Bob Vance Activecell.numberformat = "mm/dd/yyyy" (use the format of your choice) Bob wrote: > > -- > After searching Google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bob Vance asked: > Can "CopyFormat" be added to t...

Tech assignment in service call by problem code only
Currently in Service Call Management the tech assignement filter is based on item number and problem code. It would be quite helpful if we could filter by problem code only, item number only and a combination of both. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

Create Drop Down Box populated by a List
Would someone please tell me if I can Create a Drop Down Box populated by a List from another Worksheet which will Select an item from the Drop Down Box populated by the List from the other Worksheet as Input a given Cell. The Drop Down Box should appear and work that way for any selected Cell. thanks, Ted Hi Ted, You will need to name the list from the other sheet. So, select the list, name it and then in the data valadation allow list and in source box enter =TheNameOfTheList. HTH Regards, Howard "Ted_MD" <TedMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Validation code
I am trying to verify an odometer entry. If this entry is less than a previous, I want to be able to accept or redo the entry. I am trying to combine two sets of code to accomplish this but I am having problems getting it to work. The problem is in the strMessage. Here is my code: Private Sub ValidateOdometer() 'verify that odometer entry is correct Dim varPrevOdometer As Variant Dim varPrevDate As Variant varPrevOdometer = DLookup("MaxOfOdometer", "qryLastService") varPrevDate = DLookup("ServiceDate", "qryLastService"...

writing code to auto save a spreadsheet
I want to write a code to automatically save an excel spreadsheet but stop when it gets to the "filename". I want to enter the filename and then proceed. Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "sk" <sk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0441800-05CB-4D2C-AE5E-1EC031457731@microsoft.com... |I want to write a code to automatically save an excel spreadsheet but stop | when it gets to the "filename". I want to enter the filename and then | proceed. ...

SMTP Server State Not Available (?)
I'm not sure what happened, but my Win2003 SP1 / Exchange 2003 SP2 server which is providing email and web services to me looks quirky this morning. I *think* all mail is being properly delivered, but when I look in the queue in the Exchange System Manager, the Default SMTP Virtual Server shows a state of 'Not Available'. I used to be able to see all the SMTP connections to various mail servers. Is this a problem and what do I need to do to fix it? I was trying to get OMA working yesterday but I bailed on that attempt since this is a production server. Thanks, Rob On F...

QueryTable Refresh Event Code
I created a external data table on a separate tab in the same workbook as the source data. I want the external data table to refresh whenever the source data is changed. The workbook event "Workbook_SheetChange" runs a procedure whenever any cells in the sheet is changed. So, I want to run a query table refresh method inside this event. Do I put the SheetChange event code in the source data object's class or in the query tables object class? Also, VBA help says that you have to initialize the query table as an object WithEvents first. This is confusing to me. Where...

error code 939523078
My exchange server has crashed and i am unable to restore (PANIC) what do error codes 939523078 and 3355444218 denote and how do i go about solving this problem ? John, The errors appear to be coming from the backup program. If I am correct you will need to talk to your backup program vendor to help troubleshoot these errors. From the disaster recovery aspect there are many different disaster recovery options for you even if you do not have a restored database. You did not specify which version of Exchange you are using, but here are some articles to get you started: Exchange 5.5: 185...

Code to look at range and extract data.
If the column of data has the text "Back On" I want to copy the adjacent columns to another sheet for each instance. This will be a loop since this text occurs more than once. If I understand you correct ? Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "JDJacobs" <JDJacobs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B3B0D6A-CE19-426B-BBB6-F68B9AD6C2DB@microsoft.com... > If the column of data has the text "Back On" I want to copy the adjacent > columns to a...

Tabbed control and populating multiple subforms
I have a main form (frmAddProd) which contains a tabbed control with 2 pages. Each page contains a subform bound to the main form on fields: ProductionDate, Dept, and Shift. The subforms (sfmProdOp and sfmEmpProd) are not directly related to each other though. sfmProdOp is on page 0. sfmProdOp is in datasheet view. So the user enters data on the main form into ProductionDate, Dept, and Shift and hits the <enter> key which moves the cursor to the first field in sfmProdOp for more data entry. My problem: if at this point I select the 2nd tabbed page (page 1) which contains sfmEmpProd the...

Activation Code won't "fit"
I bought Money Plus Deluxe today. This is my 4th copy since I started using it years ago. While the Product Activation Code is generally DJ- XXXXX-XXXXX-etc, the window only allows 4 characters where the code has give. So instead of seeing DJ-12345-67890-etc, I can only enter DJ-1234-6789. I can't enter the 5th character in each series. I uninstalled, and tried repurchasing via download. I got a second registration, but the same thing happened. Help? In microsoft.public.money, jtskiles@gmail.com wrote: >I bought Money Plus Deluxe today. This is my 4th copy since I started >...

Populate Phone Call Fields When Created By Workflow
How does everyone else auto-populate the fields of a phone call when the phone call is auto-created by a workflow rule? My rule creates an "intro call" phone call activity everytime a new lead is created. I find it silly that the fields including phone number aren't pre-populated from the Lead. ...

Populate Markdown field in Sales Transaction Entry with differenc.
When using Extended Pricing, we would like the system to automatically populate the Markdown field on the line item with the difference between the Item’s Net Price and promotion. For example, if the Net Price of an Item is $150 and the promotion is $10 off, we would like the Unit Price to be populated with $150, the Markdown field to be populated with $10.00, and the Extended Price to be populated with $140. Not sure if you'll see this or not but I thought you (or someone) might like to know that I have gotten this request a couple times and have written such a product. Email mbs...

how do I get a php code
I have Data in Zip files which I need to get up and running as drop down menus for locating which part is compatible etc. I was sent the data by my main supplier howver they have told me to get it all working I need a php code/ what is it? where do I get it? and then what do I do with it? Thanks Jim ...

Convert Zip+4 to Zip Standard
I have a column with hundreds of zip+4. I need to convert the Zip + 4 to a standard 5 digit Zip code. They currently have a hyphen, which I saw a post that explained how t get rid of that, but how can I tell Excel to delete, say the last digits of a number? Any help is greatly appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Say the zip+4's are in column D. In an empty column, say J, enter J1: =LEFT(D1,5) copy down as far as necessary. Select column J. Copy. Select column D. Choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values radio button. Clear column J...