Changing the server license

Is there a way to quickly change the server license with CRM 3.0?  I
installed the program with a 10 user license, but now want to use the Open
License key.  I tried to change the key in the SQL database, and that works
except for the users.  Once you change the key, it removes all the entered
users in CRM.  So you cannot add anyone, even the administrator.  These
databases and CRM package have been modified so I would like to change this
on the backend if possible.  Removing and reinstalling is such a pain with
the reporting services and changing of the databases, I am hoping there is a
quick solution.  This is running on Windows 2003 and SQL 2005.

Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

When I called MS Support, they told me a reinstall was the only solution.

"johnvojtech" wrote:

> Is there a way to quickly change the server license with CRM 3.0?  I
> installed the program with a 10 user license, but now want to use the Open
> License key.  I tried to change the key in the SQL database, and that works
> except for the users.  Once you change the key, it removes all the entered
> users in CRM.  So you cannot add anyone, even the administrator.  These
> databases and CRM package have been modified so I would like to change this
> on the backend if possible.  Removing and reinstalling is such a pain with
> the reporting services and changing of the databases, I am hoping there is a
> quick solution.  This is running on Windows 2003 and SQL 2005.
>
> Thanks.
When you use the MSDN key for installing CRM (10 user license) you will
indeed have a problem to upgrade. This cannot be done and a reinstall is the
only way.

You can upgrade the trial license though. If you are installing CRM, then
doublecheck that the machine will never be used for production data. If that
is true, only then you can use the msdn license key. Otherwise always use the
trial key.

Kind regards,
--
Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP
Avanade Netherlands

"CRMBlues" wrote:

> When I called MS Support, they told me a reinstall was the only solution.
>
> "johnvojtech" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to quickly change the server license with CRM 3.0?  I
> > installed the program with a 10 user license, but now want to use the Open
> > License key.  I tried to change the key in the SQL database, and that works
> > except for the users.  Once you change the key, it removes all the entered
> > users in CRM.  So you cannot add anyone, even the administrator.  These
> > databases and CRM package have been modified so I would like to change this
> > on the backend if possible.  Removing and reinstalling is such a pain with
> > the reporting services and changing of the databases, I am hoping there is a
> > quick solution.  This is running on Windows 2003 and SQL 2005.
> >
> > Thanks.

can I change the applied sales process?
I have several opportunities which had the wrong sales process applied to them. Is it possible to go in and apply the appropriate sales process, instead? (currently, if I go to "apply rule," the list is empty...) Thanks! aaron OK... So, the best I have is to close the opportunity and start over. Am I missing something better? "scootertig" wrote: > I have several opportunities which had the wrong sales process applied to > them. Is it possible to go in and apply the appropriate sales process, > instead? (currently, if I go to "apply rule," t...

Default Cell format of existing Worksheets got changed automatical
I am using MS Excel 2007. Most of my excel files saved with default cell format as General while creation; currently for the last two days when i open those files the cell content format is showing as currency format. Pls let me how to fix the same If you reference a cell that has a format (other then General), the reference cell will adopt the same format. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "NGBalaji" <NGBalaji@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297839C7-D769-4623-94F1-2A77FD179E34@microsoft.com... >I am using MS Excel 2007. Most o...

Change Caption in Report
Hi all, I am trying to set up macros based on a huge amount of reports to automatically print the reports all at once. However, I would like to change the caption setting so that I don't have to keep changing the file name each time. Is there a way to do this? I am new to Access so I'm not sure how to set this up. For example, one report is called "rptCountrybySalesParent" and I would like each file to print out like "FrabySalesParent," "ItabySalesParent, "ChnbySalesParent," etc. I have the where conditions figured out, but the cap...

Exchange Server 2007 and Domain Controllers
Hello, Could someone please tell me if I have to install Exchange Server 2007 on a AD Domain Controller, or can it be installed on a member server? I have a Windows 2008 Server that is a member server in a Windows 2003 Active Directory network that I'm looking to install Exchange 2007 on. Also, could someone tell me if there are any articles out there that will help me install my Exchange 2007 in the same domain as an existing Exchange 2003 Server (running on Windows 2000 Server)? I'm looking to install the new Exchange 2007 as a new server (new name) and migrate th...

Hotmail/outlook 0x800CCC0D error 'server not found'
for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.' I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my Hotmail. I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV and Norton Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the cable modem, etc. Now I found out my Father, next town over, is having the same happen to him. Different Internet provider. Looking on the http://su...

Outlook Express 6 change text format to HTML
All my incoming mail is plain text, and I've tried everything to my knowledge to convert my email to receive html format. All my emails usually come in HTML format from before. Does anyone know how to fix this on the OE6 version? Thanks. All is okay!!! I found the answer on another email and it worked fine. >-----Original Message----- >All my incoming mail is plain text, and I've tried >everything to my knowledge to convert my email to receive >html format. All my emails usually come in HTML format >from before. Does anyone know how to fix this on the OE...

how to view the mail on the exchange mail server
hi, i want to know one thing how to view the mails of one particular mailbox on the server,can i read that message pls give me suggestion,how i can do this thing.os is 2003 server and exchange 2003. if some one know this thing pls give immediate response. from jitender Hi I don’t really understood your question If you have the appropriate permission you can use Outlook or OWA Regards, Shai Netanel "jitender" wrote: > hi, > i want to know one thing how to view the mails of one particular > mailbox on the server,can i read that message pls give me > suggestion,how i ...

Microsoft CRM and Team Foundation Server
We are looking at implementing Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Microsoft CRM. Can anyone tell me if I will run into problems if I try to install both of these on one box? ...

CRM License 07-23-04
I recently installed CRM on one of our servers using the sample license key which is only used for 5 users, but as an MCP we are entitled to a 10 user CRM license. Does anyone know where I can obtain this license or who to talk to/email? Thanks. There should be information in your pack of stuff from MS about how to register for your keys. Once you register, they will issue an Org Name/License key combo to you and those values will be needed for your isntallation. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 23 ...

change a work order to a sales invoice
I am a new user in RMS and I am working with my auto department. We are working on oan older version of RMS (Pre 1.3). He primarily uses work orders when he has a new order. Once the work is complete on the auto he needs to bill it and take the items out of inventory. He is currently doing a multi-step process: 1) Processes the payment as a negative sale (an accounting nightmare) 2) Then he takes the WO number and does a sale refereing the number 3) Then he manually adjusts his inventory. 4) Because of the way he has processed them, the work orders remain open until he has time ...

XMLSerializer and SQL Server
Hello, I'm trying to use the FOR XML EXPLICIT clause with SQL Server to deserialize data from my database into a strongly-typed collection object that I will use throughout my application. I initially tested my design by building a collection in code and then serializing it to/from an XML file, which worked fine. However, I have hit a brick wall trying to restore the data from SQL Server. I originally had my collection and object classes just marked as [Serializable()] without any of the XML Serialization attributes; however, replacing the "standard" serialization a...

How do I use Outlook 2003 with the Win2003 built-in POP3 server?
I am running a small network using Win2003 R2 servers and XP Pro workstations. I do not have Exchange and use the built-in POP3 server for email. I am using Outlook 2007 on the workstations to retrieve mail, but my users need to roam. All my users' data is redirected to an NFS share on my servers and I have relocated their pst files to their home folders. This seems to work OK, except for one user. In this case, when she opens Outlook, she gets the initial setup condition and we need to re-enter all her data again. The pst file seems to be intact and her mail is not lost. I h...

mailing list servers for Exchange 2000/2003?
Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? Try http://www.ikakura.com "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:#X1spgS5DHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows > 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? > > ...

ERROR 80040E37 while trying to save changes offline
Error 80040E37 comes out when I am trying to save changes while being offline. Prehistory: I have moved CRM server on the same domain to another server and different OU. All the export, import, mapping procedures went smoothly. And now everything works just fine while being online, no errors during SQL replication. I have tried to remove replication registry entries from client machine, delete replication databases from client machine - no use. Nerijus ...

Copying charts
I'm using office 2000 SP3, win 2000. I routinely paste excel charts into word as enhanced metafiles and set the line thicknesses and font sizes in excel to produce similar looking charts. I have just installed SP3 and now I find that when the charts are pasted into word, the font and line thickness now appear much smaller than they did with SP2. Do you know why it has done this and is there a solution? Thanks Charles ...

Updating the ntext data type in SQL Server from a MFC Application
How would perform this type of update using IADORecordBinding? I have been trying to work with WCHAR, adLongVarWChar and CString. I can declare WCHAR as a static array but this limits the amount of input available. I need something more dynamic. ...

HOWTO: Bulk change "Hide from Exchange address lists" under "Exchange Advanced" using ADModify or VBScript
Using ADModify: (http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2) 1. Select the CUSTOM tab 2. Check Box "Make a customized attribute modification" 3. Attribute Name field, enter "msExchHideFromAddressLists" (without quotes) 4. Attribute Value field, enter "TRUE" to Hide from lists, "FALSE" to show in lists (again, without quotes) 5. Hit Go! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Using VBScript: (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/oct05/hey...

External Data Query
I have a worksheet that was originally set up with the Get External Data-->New Database Query menu option, I used ODBC data sources and entered my user id and password at the time. Since then, I use the Refresh Data menu option monthly to get new data. The password is embedded in the worksheet so I don't need to enter it a second time. However, I just changed my password on the database server and now Refresh Data gives me an ODBC error (Attempt to connect to the server failed.) I can't find a way to update the worksheet with the new password. Help please! >-----Origi...

sychronizing data between two servers
Hello: We just moved GP and its SQL data from one server to another. The old server will be used as a backup server, should the new server ever go offline. In the event that the new server does go offline, IT will take backups of the SQL databases and restore into the old server. The head of IT is wondering if there is some sort of automated means of synchronizing the data between the two servers. Ideally, he'd like to press a button on Friday or Saturday and have the new GP transactions and changes transferred to the old server. Is there a such way of accomplishing this? chil...

no more new fonts may be applied in this workbook when changing fo
I get the error "no more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" when changing font (not adding a Graph). Any idea how to fix it. Thanks, Dan Shalom Micky, I tried that but did not help. Toda anyway. Dan "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > Check this out: > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/215573?p=1 > Micky > > > "Dan" wrote: > > > I get the error "no more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" when > > changing font (not adding a Graph). > > > > Any idea how ...

Using Outlook2003 in different locations with different SMTP Servers.
We use Outlook 2003 as a mail client to access email held on a pop server with no probs. One of our users though works in the office (NETWORK) and remotley abroad using a different ISP (DIAL UP) Ive set up Outlook on her laptop to send and receive from both locations using the same PST file which works fine. But when running a send receive via dial up it still checks for mail on the network connection which fails because of the different SMTP server that is required. Id like to set it so mail is only sent or received using the connection that is availaible. I tried setting up annother...

Changing the volume of 2 sound files on the same slides
Hello all, I have background music playing on my PPT while I'm speaking. I would like to know how can I adjust the volume to on the background music to play softly underneath my voice. Thanks in advance! Geo I see you have posted a couple of times on this. The only method I have been able to use is Audacity, a FREE and quite comprehensive sound utility. Put your music (and voice, if you wish) into Audacity and alter the volumes to suit you needs, then export the file as a wav file for use in PowerPoint. You will need to spend a little time playing with Audacity t...

Changing Format of Access Field via Query?
HI all, Here is what i have, two Oracle tables across multiple schemas that I cannot change the actual format in the table. One table has the field = Text The other table has the field = Number/Decimal/10 Precision I need to link these two together to run some data and currently I have been making a temp table and changing the TEXT one to a NUMBER but am wondering if there is a way to change the Format of the TEXT one to a Number in a query which would save me from having to always be making a TEMP TABLE. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.. Aaron Try using an aliased column lik...

how to change numbers into words,
In excel how to change numberical data into english words, many times currency figures are required to be stated into english words as well so what is the formula for this problem, for example for US$ 5400 : $ Five thousand four hundred is the conversion into words. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mukesh Dhoot" <Mukesh Dhoot @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B59710A8-2377-4CF5-98B0-229933A3DE33@microsoft.com... > In excel how to change numberical data into e...

How can i change information on each post card
"laurza" <laurza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AB33BA8-4499-491D-BC0B-D6043D82A5BA@microsoft.com... >> Usually by typing. But then you have not mastered typing yet or you could have given just a small amount more information about the program you are using and the actual problem. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? ...