Changing the "reply to" on emails

I have several support reps who monitor a queue for customer support requests
and then reply to the customer using a CRM email activity.  We want any
customer reply to our email to be sent to the email address asssociated with
the queue.

Currently, the emails we send via the CRM use the support rep's email
address for the "sent from" and "reply to" addresses.  The problem is that
when the customer replies to that email, the reply is sent to the support
rep's outlook vs back into the support queue.  The support rep could be on
vacation, etc.

I tried setting each support rep's email address to be the email address of
the queue, but then any email sent to that queue is assigned to each person
with that address, in addition to the queue.  That makes it hard for the
support reps to monitor a queue and pick up work.

Any ideas on how this can be done would be much appreciated!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

auto reply to incoming messages
SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need to have Microsoft Exchange for this to work. So i went back to my Office XP disk and tried adding it in seperately and then i tried reinstalling Office XP, and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions, thanks! Paul "Paul" <hiltonjp1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:047CCF7C-4B62-4807-A784-238663B88EF7@microsoft.com... > SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need ...

reply to mail
I received a mail in Outlook 2003 and decided to reply to the sender. While I was typing my reply, I saw a line appearing on top of the original mail in Outlook saying "you replied to this message on date /time bla bla..." however I did not sent the reply yet...! so I cancelled my reply mail, did not said yes to "do you want to save your mail " and the top line saying a replied was still there !! even when u close and open outlook again, it's still there ! this can lead to big problems for somebody reading this mail after some time, causing him to believe he r...

Is there a way via GPO to remove the "Reply to All" option on the Standard Menu but keep in the Drop Down
I am looking for a way via Group Policy to remove the "Reply to All" button in Outloook 2000 and 2003 but keep the option active in the Drop Down menu (Actions/Reply to All). I've tested via Sue Mosher's solution using GPO but the Control ID 355 ties both functionality together. Is there a way to do the above via policy? Thanks Ariel magic1_aad@yahoo.com No, there is no way to do that with Group policy. Why would you want to = remove it in one place but not in all?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Adm...

OL2000: Reply to HTML messages in plain text
Outlook Express includes an option to "reply to messages using the format in which they were sent". Clearing this option will make OE reply in plain text regardless of the original message format. I generally do not send e-mail in HTML at all. Outlook makes me manually change the format to plain text every time I reply to a HTML message. How could I report this issue to Microsoft? Thanks, Ivan Ivan B�tora <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote: > Outlook Express includes an option to "reply to messages using the > format in which they were sent". Clearing this option will ma...

Two e-mail accounts send/reply to the same account?
I have two e-mail accounts and when I send from the second one it registers as having been sent from the default account, so that replies are sent to the default account, not the second account. How can I have the second account stand on its own to send and receive reply messages? which version of outlook are you using ? I think 2002 upwards do it. 2003 def. does. "Ricky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021501c3a65f$106479b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have two e-mail accounts and when I send from the second > one it registers as having been ...

Allow user to choose reply to address
Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003. A user has two smtp addresses, and they want to be able to change the reply to address and from address depending on who they are sending too from these two assigned SMTP addresses. This is only one Exchange account with multiple SMTP addresses though. Is this possible? Third party app, or you will need to create two separate objects that has send as rights to the other. http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 1:22 pm, "Kevin Nickell" <knickell@yahoo_....

reply to in a mail merge
I'm using outlook 2k and word 2k, I need to do an email blast using the mail merge feature and have the message look like it came from my boss and have any replies go to him. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated as currently I have to forward all responses to him. Nathan You would need to use a profile that where the default mail account is your boss' account. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Na...

reply to a different email address
We have SBS2000, outlook 2003, isp is POP only and so we use a third party POP mail product. Our email accounts are name@winery.com. This is also our domain. Our email provider has alias accounts for us so that people can send email to us with the same nomenclature. Our sales staff do not have AD accounts and are not users since they are never here but there email looks the same: name@winery.com The problem is we cannot use the reply button because the exchange server cannot find them. Is there a way to set this up so that when someone hits the reply button it automatically sends...

E-mail messages are missing information when you reply to or forward them in Outlook
I have Exchange 2003 and my staff r using outlook 2003. Sometimes when a staff reply or forward an e-mail the contents of the original e-mail disappear from the body of the e-mail. It only shows the header of the original e-mail. This does not happen all the time and it does not happen to all staff members. Do you think this is a client or server issue? Any idea? Please advice, Thanks, I think it's a client issue. Exchange doesn't mess with message content in general. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral proble...

Reply to
Hello, I've got a single e-mail account configured on outlook (express), where I receive the redirect from other 5 accounts. I would like that when I click on "reply" the sender address is not the one that I'm using in outlook, but the one where I've originally received the e-mail, so the address for answers should depend on the "To:" field of the redirected e-mail. Is it possible? Thanks in advance! both outlook and outlook express use the account information that collected the message - so you'll have to either stop redirecting or select the sen...

Reply to old message in OWA generates a false NDR message
Hi; We have one user who use OWA to access his mailbox. When he tries to reply to a message for external users, the remote server generates an NDR but the message is delivered!! Is there any reason behind this behavior?? This is the NDR message: "Your message To:user1,user2,user3......did not reach the following recipient(s):" ...

Group policy
Hello all, I'm the member of Group "HOWTO" in Outlook 2003, when I do an "reply all" a message to Group "HOWTO", I would like to know if it's possible that I don't send email to myself ? Thanks for any help!!! Way manyway <manwaima@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm the member of Group "HOWTO" in Outlook 2003, when I do an "reply > all" a message to Group "HOWTO", I would like to know if it's possible > that I don't send email to myself ? Locate your own address in the recipient list and remove it. -...

Cannot Reply to Messages
I've got a unique error i've never seen before. When a client goes to reply to a message (be it right-click>reply, clicking reply, etc), they get an error message "The Operation Failed" and it closes out. This is in Outlook 2003, it has worked fine for a loooong time, and this problem just popped up. I've searched around online with minimal results. The closest thing i've found thus far is this KB article http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;312354&spid=2520&sid=global , however, that's not exactly the problem. Anyways, besides re-loa...

reply to all behavior in Outlook 2003
In this newsgroup is has been identified that Outlook 2003 no longer copies yourself when you "reply to all" in a message you where Cced or BCced on (see post @ end of message). Someone mentioned in the end of the post (below) about creating a rule to CC yourself�the thing is I cannot create a rule specific to "reply to all". I can copy myself on all "Re:" subject line but not just the "reply to all". If anyone has any input on how to make the Outlook 2003 behave like Outlook pre2003 it would be much appreciated. Thanks ---------see orginal posts be...

Unable to reply to or forward a message in Outlook Web Access
Exchange 5.5. Suddenly, users are unable to reply to or forward a message in Outlook Web Access. Message size doesn't matter. I have 2 XP and 1 NT4 workstations on my desk. 1 XP system had the above problem, the others worked fine. I have rebooted the XP system that worked and now it can't forward or reply in OWA Haven't made any changes in the web or Exchange servers Thanks Dan Popup blockers blocking the additional popup browser window? Try holding the Ctrl key while clicking Reply or Forward. Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided &...

change reply to address for a user
i have a site that has an exchange 2003 server, we want email fro selected users to go out with the same reply to. that is i hav user1, user2, and user3. who all work in the admin department. w then have a distribution email address of admin@xyz.com i would lik for admin1,2,3 to have there reply's come back to admin. also i receivers then add them to there address book it adds the admin@xy address. this is controllable using pop3 accounts but i cannot se how to default declare it with exchange. if it helps the clients ar all running outlook 2003 on a windows 2003 terminal server On Wed, ...

can not reply to mail from administrator's shared mailbox
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C4F97A.C2EB1890 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hello people! we've recently had server2k3 sbs installed mostly running absolutely = fine, few little teething troubles this being one of them; i'm not sure = if its by design or there's a setting needing a tweak somewhere for it.=20 the problem is i have my own mailbox aswell as being our business' = administrator so i view all the mis-sent mail and various server reports = from the adm...

Aliases and Reply To Address
We have a user that has a number of email aliases they receive to one exchange mail box. When they reply to those messages, the reply-to field automatically gets filled with their primary SMTP address. Is there any way to set it up so that an e-mail received on an SMTP alias, any replies get generated with THAT smtp (alias) address as opposed to the "primary"? Thanks in advance! Hi Lou, No way that I know of, what ever is stamped on that user as the Primary SMTP Address is what will be in the message header as the default reply to. -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.micro...

Reply to policy using pop3 connector and smtp connector
I have a test envrironment running the new SBS 2003 with Exchange. We have an external mail provider running on pop3 and I configured the smtp connector so we can send mails from exchange. When Exchange asked me for the FQDN I put the smtp DN and all the accounts appear as user@mail.company.com The mail we use is user@company.com. I tried to use the Reply Policy for users and added the smtp @company.com. If I use this the POP3 connector I use to get mails and send to each Exchange user doesn't work.. If I change back to @mail.company.com it works fine, but anyone receiving mails (outsid...

reply to mass emails
Hi I have a large list of people who have emailed me, and I would like to send a message to all of them with a single message with change of contact details. I have been unable to work out how to do this. I tried copy and paste into excel to get the email addresses, but most of the addresses just show their names not the email address. I can not find a way of showing their proper email address in the field list. Using word 2003, thanks tim > Hi I have a large list of people who have emailed me, and I would like to > send a message to all of them with a single message with chang...

How do I set auto reply to incoming emails to both my name and ema
My Outlook Express auto reply via rules and alerts will only reply to emails addressed to my email address and not those addressed to me. I'm using Microsoft Office 2003. How do I get it to reply to both? Emmaob wrote: > My Outlook Express auto reply via rules and alerts will only reply to emails > addressed to my email address and not those addressed to me. > > I'm using Microsoft Office 2003. How do I get it to reply to both? "My Outlook Express" "Outlook 2003" So which e-mail client are you really asking about? This newsgr...

Customise button reply to and add text to subject line
I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some direction. I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an email address and then specifying the text in the subject line. What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply to all. Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ?? No. You'll need to use VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Auto-Reply to an open mailbox
I would like to set up a rule to auto-reply when two certain words are in the subject line, and not on my personal mailbox but on a secondary mailbox that my profile opens. For some reason the auto-reply isn't working. Any ideas? Simon The rule has to be written on the "secondary mailbox". In other words, rules in your Outlook account will not work for the other mailbox. You need to open the other mailbox in its own profile and write the rule for it there. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Simon" <simonanquetil@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b201c...

Reply to wrong client address.
User John Public sign in name was set up at JPublic. Exchange created two smtp address: JPublic@server.local and JPublic@companyname.com. The site hosting the company domain has issued user e-mail address in the form Public.John@companyname.com. The problem occurs when someone replys to the user's message. Instead of replying to Public.John@company.com, the reply address is JPublic.com. I have made many attempt to alter the settings in Exchange, with no luck. Everything seems to return to the initial settings. What an I missing? "dcs" <dcsmn@earthlink.net> wrote: >U...