Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

As my SQL server is currently on its last breath I am in the process of
moving our CRM 1.2 databases to a new dedicated serever. I have detatched the
databases from the old server, copied the files to the server and attached
them.

I have then gone into CRM deployment manager and changed to the SQL server
to the new server.

That all appears to work fine, no error messages. But when users try to
access the CRM system they get an error and the CRM server event log fills
with error messages. A few are listed below:

dmLog: Failed to execute the SQL batch in the file sqlbatch.sql.

MSCRM Platform Error Report:
Error: Unspecified error

Error Message: Unspecified error

Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

and

dmLog: IsCRMSysAdmin : WhoAmI failed.

for example.

Any help greatfuly accepted.

Andy

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you have attached all 4 databases and log files for CRM 1.2 and they
all are showing up as fine in Enterprise Manager my next guess would be
that it is possibly the way you setup access to SQL server. Other then
that what your trying should be rather simple as far as I am aware.

0
Admin

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Linking files 2 ways

Reporting from Project Server

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

More Columns #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Contacts in Exchange #2

Goal Seek #2

get a result of an sql into a field

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Change position ID in HR

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

How do you change the APR?