Changing Report Fields

What happens to the reports if we change screen fields. Does anyoneknow what
happens in the event of:
- adding a field – presumably doesn’t appear on any report
- changing a field – label or properties
- removing a field?

Any help please?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

- Adding a field would change nothing to a report. You will have to alter
the report itself to make it visible there.
- Labels are set inside the report itself, so this won't change if you
change them on the form.
- Removing the field will not change the report, but it will be empty becaus
the user cannot enter data for that field (unless something else enters data
for that field).

Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Kuvenp" wrote:

> What happens to the reports if we change screen fields. Does anyoneknow what
> happens in the event of:
> - adding a field – presumably doesn’t appear on any report
> - changing a field – label or properties
> - removing a field?
>
> Any help please?

Thanks Rob, does this mean that if I change the name of an existing field,
when I run the report, the orignal field name will still be there along with
the data or will there be no data?

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> - Adding a field would change nothing to a report. You will have to alter
> the report itself to make it visible there.
> - Labels are set inside the report itself, so this won't change if you
> change them on the form.
> - Removing the field will not change the report, but it will be empty becaus
> the user cannot enter data for that field (unless something else enters data
> for that field).
>
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Kuvenp" wrote:
>
> > What happens to the reports if we change screen fields. Does anyoneknow what
> > happens in the event of:
> > - adding a field – presumably doesn’t appear on any report
> > - changing a field – label or properties
> > - removing a field?
> >
> > Any help please?

You can change the name without any thing changing in the reports. The
reports use the schema name, and that is something that cannot be changed in
the system. So it can still retrieve the field using the schema name. The
user will only see some difference in the form, advanced find, views, etc.

Regards,
Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Kuvenp" wrote:

> Thanks Rob, does this mean that if I change the name of an existing field,
> when I run the report, the orignal field name will still be there along with
> the data or will there be no data?
>
> "Rob Bakkers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > - Adding a field would change nothing to a report. You will have to alter
> > the report itself to make it visible there.
> > - Labels are set inside the report itself, so this won't change if you
> > change them on the form.
> > - Removing the field will not change the report, but it will be empty becaus
> > the user cannot enter data for that field (unless something else enters data
> > for that field).
> >
> > Rob Bakkers,
> > Avanade Netherlands
> >

> > "Kuvenp" wrote:
> >
> > > What happens to the reports if we change screen fields. Does anyoneknow what
> > > happens in the event of:
> > > - adding a field – presumably doesn’t appear on any report
> > > - changing a field – label or properties
> > > - removing a field?
> > >
> > > Any help please?

3rd Party Report Writers using A/P Tables
I am trying to print a check register using a 3rd party system. I need to know the table you need to access to obtain check numbers from history A/P transactions. For your table information questions, you can consult the SDK (page 47 of the Payables table integration document) as well as the resource descriptions within Great Plains. The SDK can be installed from the second Great Plains cd. There are a couple of tables you might want to use: PM_Paid_Transaction_History PM_Apply_To_Hist "Andy J_" <AndyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5010AC0-738D-479...

Something keeps changing mail settings
In accounts, properties, servers My incoming POP3 mail server setting and account name setting are unstable. Soemthing keeps changing them. The incoming mail server is being changed to "localhost" and the account name keeps being changed to have my e-mail address appended onto the end of it. Very vexing and frustrating matter. Running Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) and Outlook Express 5 (5.00.2615.200) Running five machines in peer to peer home network. This is happ[enbijg to th4e two machiunes that use OPutlook and Outlook Express as mail, managers. Anybody seen or heard...

Auto change in Encoding
This is part of the application that reads XML from file (that has UTF-8) into an XmlTextReader XmlTextReader myXmlReader = new XmlTextReader(args[0]); It then instantiates an object/class instance Render where this constructor gets called with "that" XmlReader. public Render(XmlReader cleanxmldoc) { XmlDocument XmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); System.IO.StringWriter sw = new System.IO.StringWriter(); /* sw.Encoding.Equals(System.Text.Encoding.UTF8); string dd = sw.Encoding.GetEncoder().ToString(); Console.WriteLine(dd); sw.Encoding.EncodingName.Equals("UTF8"); sw.Encodi...

Trying to change floor plan units to millimeters but does not work
Hi, I want to create a floor plan with millimeters as base unit. I created a new page with the floor plan shape and changed the unit to millimeters in the page properties. However, when I drag a wall to the page, it shows it's length in feet and inches. I can specify the length of the wall in millmeters but it still displays the result in feet and inches. Does anyone have a clue how I can change that? Thanks and regards, Robert Well, I have both Metric and US Unit stencils. I created a Metric Floor Plan, which defaults to millimeters. I changed the Measurement Units to...

track changes window is too big...can't select "okay" or "apply"
I can't scroll down and window is already moved to the top of the screen? Does anyone know what I can do? I can't think what you mean by "track changes window"? Do you maybe have your changes in a panel instead of underlines & strikeouts within the text? Version of Word? On Jan 20, 12:07=A0pm, gg <g...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't scroll down and window is already moved to the top of the screen?= =A0 > Does anyone know what I can do? ...

create button to replace the lookup field of 1-* relationship
Hi, I want to create a button on a form, for the entity being on the many side of a 1-* relationship. For some reason, I want that button instead of using the lookup field. So clicking that button should do exactly the same and thus open the related primary object. So in the Javascript in isv.config, I need to know how to get the GUID of the primary objet. url = '/userdefined/edit.aspx?id={???}&etc=100xx' How can I achieve this? Thank you, The type and id members of the lookup control item should contain these values: var lookup = crmForm.all.your_lookup_field; if ((loo...

Outlook crashes when changing folder to view
Background: Ex2000 server being replaced with Ex2003. Users moved to new server (in the same site) while the old one still exists. .. After that serveral clients - both Outlook 2002 and 2003 - crash when changing focus from one folder to another. /ResetFolders seemed to help on some cases, in most cases not. And an other problem: on several clients Deleted Items folder has lost its Empty Deleted Items menu item. Any idea how to fix these? Recreating Outlook profile seems to be the best medicine, but causes lot of work; signatures, .PST files, additional mailboxes etc. Thanks for your he...

Printing multiple copy reports in Access 2003
I have a custom Access application that handles my companie's Inventory and Invoicing. We are in the process of converting the Invoice report from a dot matrix to a laser printer. This invoice also is used as a delivery ticket which is signed by the customer requiring the laser invoice form to be carbonless. I found a 5 part carbonless laser form that works great and I have been able to use code to print the 5 copies and non-coallated using the PRINTOUT method. I am trying to go with a completely blank invoice form. I have ran into an issue with trying to print on the bottom of the ...

Font Size Changes when Hitting <Enter> Key
I have been scratching my head about this one for some time. I've looked all over the place and cannot find a solution. I have my default font as Calibri 11. I type, copy/paste from web pages, etc. Nothing special. When I hit <Enter>, the font size stays the same, Calibri 11. Then, and I'm not sure how it starts, but then I hit <Enter> and the font size changes to Calibri 9. When it starts, it keeps happening for all editing in that section of text. If there are two paragraphs of text in a bulleted list, one can have the issue and the other can be fine. It...

Any third party tools like RMS Active Report
Is the RMS Active Report a third party tool? I found it is very useful in building report and its function is actually enough for me. Where can i get a tool like the Active Report one or exactly the Active Report? Thank you very much for your help There is a product from Datadynamics called Active Reports. This looks and does reports similar to MS Active reports. Though Microsoft Active Report is a proprietary language using the componentone grid. You can use various other tools like report sharp shooter to make it behave like Active reports with the addition that you can also add gr...

Greyed out fields based on pickbox
Is there a way to have a field on a form either be greyed out or not based on the selection from a pickbox. Basically what I want to do is have a pickbox and a datebox. If the pickbox value is a certain value which needs to have a date applied to it then the datebox becomes active. If the pickbox value is not one with a date attached then the datebox stays greyed out. This seems like it would be something that people would want to do so Im sure you can customize it that way. It can be done with client side scripting (JScript). Take a look to CRM's SDK. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Conc...

How do I calculate percentages in a report?
I have seven crew members who have worked at various parks throughout the year. My report has all the parks and the hours worked by each crew member. How do I calculate the percentage of hours worked at any one park by a member for the year in a report? Tessa wrote: >I have seven crew members who have worked at various parks throughout the >year. My report has all the parks and the hours worked by each crew member. >How do I calculate the percentage of hours worked at any one park by a member >for the year in a report? If you don't already have one, create a group w...

Reporting Folder Sizes
Does anyone have a sample VBscript (or can tell me how to do write one) that can report on the folder sizes for user's mailboxes? I'm particularly interested in the size of a person's Sent Items and Deleted Items. I have seen nothing on this in the scripting center, and have browsed the Exchange Scripting information as well. I'm not an Exchange Admin, I'm a Windows Admin who's good with scripting. Is there a way to make Exchange generate this information in a machine-readable file that I can then post-process with a script? I could pass that info along to o...

Can we change cell color programatically?
Hi all I'm using Excel 2003. Does Excel allow me to change the fill-color of a cell based upon the contents of that cell? For example: If the formula of a cell calculates its value to be less then, say, 100, I'd like to fill-color that cell to Green. Otherwise I'd like to color that cell with no color. Is this possible? Thanks -Mike Take a look at Format|Conditional formatting. You can specify up to 3 rules (and formats) as well as the "normal" format. Mike wrote: > > Hi all > > I'm using Excel 2003. > Does Excel allow me to change the fill...

balances to income and spending report
I ran the income and spending report for a month. To make sure everything was included in the report, I compared it to the total change of all the account balances included in the report from the beginning of the month to the end. In one month, I was within $0.10. In Feb, I'm off $1,4000+ and I can't find the culpret! I'm sure that it is transfer(s) that are missing, or something with a split expense transaction. But, where I've spot checked, all the transfers and expenses are accounted for in the report. For reporting options I've made sure that transfers and unassi...

Problem changing chartype using Chartwizard in VB Express
Hi, I am trying to create a line graph using a Microsoft VB Express module. I can get the grpah to appear with labels etc however I cannot change the chart type to line(or any other type). Below is the segment of code I have to display the graph: With oBook.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Add _ (Left:=100, Width:=375, Top:=75, Height:=225) .Chart.ChartWizard(Source:=oBook.ActiveSheet.Range("C4:C10"), Gallery:=xlLine, Title:="TEST", _ ValueTitle:="# of trans", CategoryTitle:="tps") End With The error...

changing minumumScale and maximumScale of an axis
hi everyone, i have a problem about setting the minumumScale of an axis when axis' source data has a date format . When source data is number formatted , there is no problem , but with date format there is a big problem . Any idea ? the row beginning with eksen.MinumumScale gives an error here is my javascript code : eksen = chart.Axes.Item(1) eksen.HasTitle = 1 eksen.AxisTitle.Text = axis1; eksen.TickLabels.Orientation = 90; eksen.MinumumScale = xmlDoc.selectSingleNode("//EXCEL_START_VALUE").text //xmlDoc.selectSingleNode("//EXCEL_START_VALUE").text : (st...

Excel Comments boxes change size
In a data sheet I have used comments boxes to illustrate my subjects, with a photo as the 'fill colour'. The trouble is although I have set the 'Size', 'scale' to 'Lock Aspect Ratio' and Properties to 'move but don't size with cells' - The comments boxes keep changing not only size but aspect ratio as well - this negates the whole point of putting in the photos. How can I overcome this? thanks Mick ...

The report server installation is not initialized
I installed scale-out deployment of SQL Server Reporting Services 2005. Getting this error when i browse to the Reports website http://localhost/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx The report server installation is not initialized. (rsReportServerNotActivated) (rsRPCError) In the Report Server Status window, under Instance properties section i see Initialized: Yes Please let me know the solution to this problem ...

URL output in a REPORT
I have a DB which stores active URLs that I display via the forms. I need the same out out put in a report which can then be displayed via the intranet. Is it possible to either somehow get a dump frm the form with the URLs or can I make a report but the URLS remain active and can be outputted to word document which then can be linked to the intranet. Thanks for your assistance in advance. Regards, MSA ...

Word 2003 Form Fields
Greetings, I am using Word Form fields in a Word 2003 document. One Calculation Form Field adds several form fields for a total. My user wants a solution, possibly a check box, so that when the box is checked, the Total in the Calculation Form Field is reduced by half. If the box is not checked, the full total will display. The solution cannot be a macro because of firm policies. Does anyone have any creative ideas (non-macro) about how this could be accomplished. Thanks in advance. You CANNOT do it WITHOUT using a Macro. Who ever it was in the firm that said m...

Money 2004 no more Credit Expert Experian full credit reports
2004 has 1 year free credit reports, 1 every month. Now I am only able to get credit SCORE not the full report as in past and I know I have not used for 1 year. What happened? For some reason, when I login from their web site today I get a message says my membership has been extended for one year becuase of the new software installation. But I did not upgrade my software yet, and no reistallation during last 6 month. I guess is, maybe we all get UPGRADED to the Money 2005 plan, so 1 free report and unlimited score. that's really bad. On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:46:58 -0700, "Z-66"...

publishing a report in Word
I have created a report in Access that I want to be able to put into a Word document. When I have the report open, I click the W in the top menu and it makes the Word file for me perfectly, except that my report has a picture at the top of it which is my company logo and this logo does not show up in the Word file. can i somehow get this logo that is on the report to show up in the Word file as well? Thanks. On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:01:03 -0800, RyanF17 <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Experiment with different controls to put the logo in, such as the Image control and the ...

SBS 2008 change company name on internal web sites
When setting up SBS I spelled my company name wrong. So now when I log in to remote.mycompany.com the name next to the little computer icon and the name in the browser header are wrong. I understand that this is trivial. I want to fix it anyway. I can't find where to do this. Can anyone help? Check to see if this registry location reflects the misspelling. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RegisteredOrganization If it does, correct it there. "Dave the Clueless" <dave@atrbiotech.com> wrote in message news:6eae0898-e7fc-474...

Changing default paths to templates, toolbars, etc., in O2K? #2
I'm in a bind at the office. I'm constantly replacing a colleague now and I have to be at her desk. It's been a pain not to have access to my system so yesterday re-routed files so that my general and default templates and toolbar files for, say, Word and Excel are on the network. Now when I log on even at her station, I have mostly everything working exactly as if I were at my own computer. However, haven't figured out how to deal with Outlook defaults and template files (along with rwz files and all those other files we back up). Is there a way to have O2K look to a netw...