Changing ownership of Accounts

I need to change the owner of all accounts in CRM to one Generic user. The
sales team is no longer using CRM and I want to free up their licenses.
I am having a problem with the fact that I can not change the owner of an
account with out it changing the owner of any open or existing cases or
activities.
Yes, you might want the owner to trickle down but it is my customer care
groups that have all these open tickets,not the sales team. When I change
ownership they loose their cases that they have been working on. I have
several thousand customers to change with open cases and am having trouble
coming up with a solution.
Has anyone come accross this before and if so, how did you handle the
situation?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

A manual workflow rule applied to all the accounts using the Update Object
option should achieve what you want.

HTTH

Gill
www.opsis.com.au

"JenniferW" wrote:

> I need to change the owner of all accounts in CRM to one Generic user. The
> sales team is no longer using CRM and I want to free up their licenses.
> I am having a problem with the fact that I can not change the owner of an
> account with out it changing the owner of any open or existing cases or
> activities.
> Yes, you might want the owner to trickle down but it is my customer care
> groups that have all these open tickets,not the sales team. When I change
> ownership they loose their cases that they have been working on. I have
> several thousand customers to change with open cases and am having trouble
> coming up with a solution.
> Has anyone come accross this before and if so, how did you handle the
> situation?
Gill,

Unfortunately this will still re-assign all the dependant objects as well.
Major design flaw in my eyes, but we can hope they fix this one in CRM 2005.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"JenniferW" wrote:

> I need to change the owner of all accounts in CRM to one Generic user. The
> sales team is no longer using CRM and I want to free up their licenses.
> I am having a problem with the fact that I can not change the owner of an
> account with out it changing the owner of any open or existing cases or
> activities.
> Yes, you might want the owner to trickle down but it is my customer care
> groups that have all these open tickets,not the sales team. When I change
> ownership they loose their cases that they have been working on. I have
> several thousand customers to change with open cases and am having trouble
> coming up with a solution.
> Has anyone come accross this before and if so, how did you handle the
> situation?

0
Matt