Changing division error

Hello,

We are modifying the structure of our organization. So I created two new BU.
I affected every CRM users to their new BU. Everything was ok excepted for
one user. I got an error for a particular user.
I realized that he was the manager of a desactivated user. So I reactived
the user, and tried to change my manager's BU. But I still get an error.
Watching on the server I've this error in the log : 'The server didn't want
to process that request'
I've tried plenty of things (changing the manager of the other user, testing
with another BU...).

I've noted that I can change that user's BU from his 'original_BU' to that
same BU without errors. But with every others BU I get the same error.

Do you any idea ??? I'm deseperated :(

Thanks for advance
--
Michael MARTIN
BrainSoft (France)

Hi,
Interesting error.....
Could you possibly make this user just a salesperson (not a manager) and
transfer them to the new BU, then raise that user back to manager??
Have you got a license applied to this user?
HTH
Nathan

"Michael MARTIN" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are modifying the structure of our organization. So I created two new BU.
> I affected every CRM users to their new BU. Everything was ok excepted for
> one user. I got an error for a particular user.
> I realized that he was the manager of a desactivated user. So I reactived
> the user, and tried to change my manager's BU. But I still get an error.
> Watching on the server I've this error in the log : 'The server didn't want
> to process that request'
> I've tried plenty of things (changing the manager of the other user, testing
> with another BU...).
>
> I've noted that I can change that user's BU from his 'original_BU' to that
> same BU without errors. But with every others BU I get the same error.
>
> Do you any idea ??? I'm deseperated :(
>
> Thanks for advance
> --
> Michael MARTIN
> BrainSoft (France)
What a happy monday morning !! I've tried what you suggested (changing the
user's role to 'salesperson') and it works !!

Very good idea Nathan, thanks you very much :)
--
Michael MARTIN
BrainSoft (France)

"Nathan Warner" wrote:

> Hi,
> Interesting error.....
> Could you possibly make this user just a salesperson (not a manager) and
> transfer them to the new BU, then raise that user back to manager??
> Have you got a license applied to this user?
> HTH
> Nathan
>
> "Michael MARTIN" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are modifying the structure of our organization. So I created two new BU.
> > I affected every CRM users to their new BU. Everything was ok excepted for
> > one user. I got an error for a particular user.
> > I realized that he was the manager of a desactivated user. So I reactived
> > the user, and tried to change my manager's BU. But I still get an error.
> > Watching on the server I've this error in the log : 'The server didn't want
> > to process that request'
> > I've tried plenty of things (changing the manager of the other user, testing
> > with another BU...).
> >
> > I've noted that I can change that user's BU from his 'original_BU' to that
> > same BU without errors. But with every others BU I get the same error.
> >
> > Do you any idea ??? I'm deseperated :(
> >
> > Thanks for advance
> > --
> > Michael MARTIN
> > BrainSoft (France)

http_403 error
This has been cross posted in the windows.sbs news group. Ok, I am going nuts here, can someone help me? I'm using Microsoft SBS 2003. I get a 403 error from any device trying to sync. I have checked all the VD's and they seem fine. Here is the IIS log: 2005-08-23 02:57:07 203.79.110.126 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=neill&DeviceId=B77507360000000108000050BF3F5173&DeviceType=PocketPC 80 - 166.179.17.182 Microsoft-PocketPC/3.0 401 2 2148074254 2005-08-23 02:57:09 203.79.110.126 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=neill&DeviceId=B77507360000000108000050B...

Change the working directory for a MFC application
I am trying to change the working directory of a MFC application after the application execution begins. Chdir or setcurrentdirectory doesnot work for a MFC application. Can anyone suggest how i can do this? Thanks, - Akila. Akila wrote: > I am trying to change the working directory of a MFC application after > the application execution begins. > > Chdir or setcurrentdirectory doesnot work for a MFC application. > > Can anyone suggest how i can do this? > > Thanks, > - Akila. > SetCurrentDirectory does work for a MFC application. If it doesn't seem ...

Standard Cost Changes Screen
I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. Any ideas as to why it's Greyed Out, and how can I fix this? regards, davidv Is the Bill of Materil a "Phantom" item? "tintin91" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the > Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. > > Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. &...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

Encryption error
When I open Money 2004 I get the following error "Unable to encrypt data at the required level" Tells me to go to a site and install some security updates, which I did. I have all the latest patches and updates (except XPSP2, it sucks). Have latest IE 6 with SP1 and latest encryption pack. Help! In microsoft.public.money, "Encryption error..." <Encryption error...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I open Money 2004 I get the following error > >"Unable to encrypt data at the required level" > >Tells me to go to a site and install so...

Cannot change account type.
I have an HSA with a credit union that is updated online, I want to have it listed under the Investment Accounts instead of Bank Accounts. The option to change the account type is greyed out with the message "...online-enable account cannot be changed" Was there a question here? I think the message you got tells you about three fourths of the problem. The final fourth that the first three fourths prevents you from getting to is that an Investment Account and a Bank Account are fundamentally different types--one holds Investments, the other holds cash--so a change from one ...

Circular Reference Error
Can anyone see what would be causing me to get a circular reference error??? Thanks! SELECT [BartS1Report].Customer_ID, [BartS1Report].Customer, [BartS1Report].Service_Address, [BartS1Report].Employee, [BartS1Report].Manager, [BartS1Report].Type_of_System, [BartS1Report].Raw_Water, [BartS1Report].Treated_Water, [BartS1Report].Cycles, [BartS1Report].Inhibitor_Level, [BartS1Report].Range_1, [BartS1Report].Range_2, [BartS1Report].Range_3, [BartS1Report].Range_4, [BartS1Report].Range_5, ((SELECT Sum([XX].[ZZZ]) FROM [BartS1Report] AS [XX] WHERE [BartS1Report].Customer_ID & ...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

Autofill Error
Hi, I need a macro to autofill COLUMN A with a word say YES until the last row found in COLUMN B. Right now I have the ff codes: Sheets("VOUCHER - STEP 2").Select Range("A5").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "DEBIT" With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=5).Font .Name = "Arial" .FontStyle = "Regular" .Size = 8 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = False .OutlineFont = False .Shadow = False .Underline = xlUnderlineSt...

Serious performance issues when changing roles
Just a heads-up: don't change roles during times of heavy user activity or you may have severe performance issues. When you change a role, the MSCRMSEcurityService evidently kicks off a massive job that updates the securitydescriptor field in every record of every major object. Last time I did this, it attempted to obtain a table lock, and as a result, brought my system to its knees. The process was trying to update 46000+ rows from the annotationbase table (you can see this by looking at the last SQL command for the process that is blocking other processes). Evidently bec...

Change Withdrawal/Deposit to Transfer
Hi folks. How do you change a transaction that's already been recorded from a Withdrawal or Deposit to a Transfer? Thanks. Dave I'm assuming you are using Transaction Forms. Most people who have used Money for a long time would advise just turning them off. You can also change the category to Transfer: or one of the Expense categories. There is also For a WD -> Transfer switch the Transfer seems Options|Change Transaction To. <bvdesk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175621813.359866.84060@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi folks. How do you change a transaction...

How do I change the text size in a drop down box
I am using excel 2003. It seems to default to 10pts. Changing the size in the source list or the default in the general tab did not change the size. ...

Mail error
I have been using outlook for a week and it was working fine all of a sudden i cannot retreive any emails, i can send but not receieve in outlook. i have a Hotmail plus account the service status in oultook says Mail: error Calender: connected Contact: connected can you help me with that?? ...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

Outlook errors #4
Since upgrading to outlook 2003 I cannot view any items in the sent folder. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but get the same error- "outlook has encounted an error and will close" I can view the sent items via OWA, so I know they exist. I have also tried setting up the account on a different pc. Any help would be very helpful. Have you tried a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...

"Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet throws "not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file" error.
Hi, I am trying to use "Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet to fetch "File Share Witness" property of CCR cluster. But when I run this command no "Exchange Management Shell" I am getting "The term 'Get- ClusterResource' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again." error. Any idea why I am getting this error? Do I need to add any "PSSnapin" via Add-PSSnapin cmdlet ? If so which one it is? Basically I am not able to run any of the cluster related GET cmdlets on Exchange Managem...

E2k3: An ambiguous SMTP proxy SystemMailbox error 9549
I get this message a few times a day and the best I can figure is I have two mailboxes found in the Exchange System Manager with the same string of characters in their names. SMTP (SERVER1-{A643FE61-xxxx-4B74-B902-280BFB58699B}) SystemMailbox{A643FE61-xxxx-4B74-B902-280BFB58699B} However this condition is identical on two exchange servers (slightly different numbers) but only one exchange server is getting the error. Any ideas? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9549 Date: 1/9/2005 Time: 2:28:44 PM User: N/A Computer: SERVFL01 Description: An...

Error sending email and editing email's body
I have the following function Private Sub SendEmail_Click() Dim strSubject As String Dim strEmailList As String Dim strMessage As String Dim strMessage2 As String On Error GoTo Err_SendEmail_Click strSubject = "Please investigate" & " " & [Ticket #] strEmailList = "JohnDoe@emailaddess.com " strMessage = Me.Text_Description strMessage2 = "Assign to:" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatRTF, strEmailList, , , strSubject, strMessage, strMessage2 Exit_SendEmail_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendEmail_Click: ...

Error when drawing grid, grid lines a bit too short
Hello, as I've mentioned in some other post I'm making a simple "Game of Life" with a small, fixed-sized grid. Anyway, the function I used for drawing the actual grid was written ages ago when doing some pure Win32 programming and it was full of magic numbers, assuming a 16*16 grid. I tried to rewrite it without magic numbers and to take the actual size into consideration. Right now each cell in the grid is 20*20 and I have horizontal and vertical bars that are four pixels wide. The x and y offset is 20 pixels. Hope I explained it properly, here's the code: voi...

cannot change part of a merged cell
Annoying problem... I merged cells and come time to paste from the clipboard into a merged cell, I get the error it can't be done. I can hit F2 and paste. It's an annoying step and users who are not quick on the draw with Excel would be stuck. Is there a way to stop the error and succeed with a paste? thanks! don't use office clipboard use Ctrl + C & Ctrl +V On Apr 7, 5:46=A0am, "shank" <sh...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: > Annoying problem... > I merged cells and come time to paste from the clipboard into a merged cel= l, > I get the error it can...

Unknown programming error. Error={0x80020009]
When replying to or forwarding emails I keep receiving this error message: Unknown programming error. Error={0x80020009] I am using Outlook 2000, Windows XP. ...

Dexterity runtime error #2
I'm trying to setup a new client for dynamics. I have setup ODBC and copied over the files but when I click on the shortcut I get a dexterity runtime error You do not have permission to open this file. Help? Melissa I am sure this is something you have already checked, but I thought it was worth asking. Did you happen to check the file permissions where you copied the files to? I wonder if the client is not able to open one of the dictionaries. "melissa" wrote: > I'm trying to setup a new client for dynamics. I have setup ODBC and copied > over the files but...

How do I set up MSN account and yahoo, it keeps saying error.
I have tried everything and it keeps saying server not available? please help. misty <misty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried everything and it keeps saying server not available? > please help. MSN's and Yahoo's Help pages contain the details. -- Brian Tillman With Misty being as vague as she was in the problem statement, how can you be sure, Brian, that the help she needs is in the help pages? "misty" <misty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54858363-0A1B-4FAF-8B6B-AD5B0C824BFD@microsoft.com... >I have tried every...

How I can change the direction of Paste All in MS-Excel (MOST URGE
I am using Office 2003. I have copied some data from a word file in Office Clipboard. Now I want to paste this all data in MS-Excel. When I choose the "Paste All" option it pastes all data down side, while I want to paste the data right side / left side. How can I change it's pasting direction? I do not want to use "Transpose" option beacuse it is tadious & time consuming. I want to do this with a fasttest manner. How can I do this. Is it can be done by a macro? If yes then please tell me the macro code. It is Most Urgent so Please help me as soon as possible...

mail error
There is someone trying to send email to a person set up to my exchange server, but a NDR is generated with an error saying that my exchange server closes the SMTP connection from the person sending the email. I will paste the error log below, can someone look at this and tell me why my server is bloking email from this person by closing the connection. Thank you in advance Thomas > --- Session Transcript --- > Mon 2004-08-16 10:44:05: Parsing Message <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\pd50000224527.msg> > Mon 2004-08-16 10:44:05: From: someone@OtherDomain.com > Mon 2004-08-16 ...