Changing default administrator account in CRM3.0

Hi,

I want to know how to change the default administrator of the crm server

Thanks in advance.
--
Regards,
Bishwarup

Create a new user profile and assign that user the "System Administrator"
role.  Then log in to CRM as that user and revoke the "System Administrator"
role from your current administrator.

Dave

"Bishwarup" <Bishwarup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to know how to change the default administrator of the crm server
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Regards,
> Bishwarup

0
Dave

401K Manager or Balancing 401K Account
Can anyone make the case for me to go through th exercise of balancing a 401k account or balancing through the 401K manager? I am careful to enter each detailed transaction on my 401K each quarter and verify that my shares are correct. Also, each payment to my 401K account is shown through my paycheck setup. I visually compare this with my statement at the end of each quarter. I just feel that there is no value in going through the hassel (15 or 20 minutes per account) each quarter of 3 retirement accounts. The only benefit that I see is a newer date where it says "Updated on&...

CRM Email account for Exchange has thousands of emails in it.
Is it normal for Exchange to store all emails sent to the CRM email account used for the Exchange router? Do I need to do something in CRM or more likely Exchange to purge these? We have a client that has 7000 emails in it after a couple months. -- Thanks, Brian The emails in the CRM email account should be auto-purged. No user intervention is required. On the Exhange box, - Check that the CRM-Exchange Email Router Service is started - Check the Event log. Thanks for this. So now I have found the the email address set up in when installing the CRM Exchange router is wrong...

outlook always default email application
Hi I use Outlook 2003 for my callender and OE6 for email Until a week ago, OE6 always remained the default email application unless I installed a patch or updated Outlook, at which time it would set itself as default. Fair enough. Last week I upgraded by BIOS (not sure if this is relevant, but just so you know) Now everytime I turn on Outlook, it becomes default mail programme. In options/ general, OE6 tells me it is not the default. Internet options lists Outlook as default But in Outlook/Options/other the default mail,calender,contacts box is not ticked. I change it all back and OE6 ...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

Option to key in the account manually in Requisition's Add Item wi
This is a customer suggestion from Convergence. Customer would like to be able to have the option to key in the account manually in Requisition's Add Item window. 1. User has editable access to Account field on Add Item page 2. User accesses Add Item page: BP>Employee>Purchase Requests>New Request>New Item 3. User attempts to manual enter Account number, not using the lookup. ISSUE: Currently, this is a non-editable field; forcing the customer to use the account lookup. 3/15/2005 10:45 AM Edited by mfitzl For further inquiry- Customer Information: Michael P. Brow...

Changing the Language on Office X
My other half uses a French version of Office X. I, however, speak French as well as I speak Martian. Is it possible to change the language? Thanks. Hi This is from Word's help when I searched on the word "language", but I'm not sure if this is what you meant: Check the spelling of all or part of a document in another language 1. If you haven't already done so, install the dictionary for the language you want to check. How? 2. Select the text that's written in another language. 3. On the Tools menu, click Language. 4. In the Mark selected text as box, click the...

Where can we get xml scheme for tuning setting of WM2003/WM5.0 PDA
Hi all, We are working upon setting up a lot of WM2003/WM5.0 empowered mobile devices according with company standards. As far as I know these settings are tuned through xml file. Then this xml file has to be deployed deployed/executed onto mobile device. My question is where xml scheme for tuning such setting is published so we may assign necessary properties referencing it? Thank you in advance. ...

Resource Calendar changed on fixed duration tasks
I have created a few fixed duration tasks with two or more resources. When I add a vacation day to one of the resources, Project 2007 is correctly extending the duration until the resource returns. My problem is that when I remove that vacation day ( employees do occasionally change vacation plans), the duration stays at the longer time period and does not go back to its original shorter duration. Is anyone else having this issue or is a flag somewhere controlling this apparent anomoly? Hello TNCAdams, I have certainly seen that before and I'm not sure I'd call it an ...

Why does Excel ask to save when no changes were made?
This does not pertain to a new document. I open an existing document just to look at it, and when I go to close it, Excel asks if I want to save the document. No changes were made, so it shouldn't have to be saved. It's annoying. Mike One explanation could be that there is a time formula in a cell that has updated on openeing so the worksheet will have changed. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''''s razor (Abbrev) &...

Active Directory Problem
Hi Everyone, Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such, we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can no longer access CRM. I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate. How can I get back in to re-load my users? Thanks, Craig Hi, Did u check if the users were part of CRM groups created ...

Joining two account activities together
I need to join two accounts together. The accouts have a reg and dept of D-25Z and D-255. D-25Z needs to be merged into D-255 from the beginning of 2008. How would I go about doing this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Dave Dave, there is a tool called Account Modified/Combiner sold by Microsoft that will take ALL transactions for an account and combine them into another. This tool is part of the Professional Services Tools Library and is a separate purchase. After combining the accounts, all your transactions will look like they were originally entered with the D-255 account. Howe...

Can administrator empty Deleted items in each mailbox
Hi, Is there any chance that administrator can delete all items in Deleted items folder? Tx, Gasper Are you talking in each user's mailbox or the deleted items available for restore? What version of Exchange? -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Gasper" <NOSPAMgasper.derzanic@tipro.si> wrote in message news:tAfEb.108$%x4.10122@news.siol.net... > Hi, > > Is there any chance that administrator can delete all items in Deleted items > folder? > > Tx, > > Gasper > > > > Is it possible to delete Deleted items in each user mailbox on Exchange ...

Setting up multiple accounts

Money is trying to change my Internet Explorer Security settings.
Every time I use MS Money Deluxe 2007 it tries to change my Internet Explorer Security settings. What is it trying to change specifically and how can I stop it permanently from doing that? -- Howard ...

[ANN] New installer for 12.0.1
MacBu released a new installer for the Office 2008 Update 12.0.1 today. This is not new Office bits to be installed, but the installer itself that was changed. This change was a result of problems experienced by some Office 2008 users having a failed update to 12.0.1. If you are one of the unfortunate few that had problems, this patch is for you. If you were able to successfully update to 12.0.1 then you do not need this patch. Continue reading for steps to properly update Office 2008 to version 12.0.1. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <...

Do no allow GP windows in 10.0 to act as separate applications
Do no allow GP windows in 10.0 to act as separate applications. This is a very annoying change in version 10.0. If I open 5 windows in GP and then go to a different application such as Outlook, when I go back to GP, I have to click on every one of my windows in the task bar in order to have them show again. It's a lot of wasted mouse clicks. I would expect that when I click on the main application in my task bar, all of my windows I had open would also be showing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most v...

don't change free quantity in extended price promotion
We are using Great Plains 8.0 and the problem we have is this: When using a promotion sheet in extended price, and the promotion is that you give for example one free item for every 6 you buy, you can change the quantity of the free item. That way anyone can change the amount of the item you are giving as a gift. There should be a restriction fro changing the quantity of the free item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pan...

Deleting Previous Addresses or Email accounts
from the Email Server. Can some one help me? We are currently running MS Exchange along with Windows 2000. How do I delete e-mails from previous employees? The problem is that we continue getting junk e-mails with the names of those employees. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Tazzie Tazzie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > from the Email Server. Can some one help me? We are > currently running MS Exchange along with Windows 2000. How > do I delete e-mails from previous employees? The problem > is that we continue getting junk e-mails with the names ...

Alter View Defaults
It seems View defaults for "Arrange by" is set to "Show in groups" and "reading pane" is set to "on". How do I set the default for "arrange by"; "show in groups" to off and "reading pane" to none. Seems I can only change one view at a time for each folder. Greg See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm for the necessary steps. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engin...

Incorrect GL account defaulting on Billing Transaction Entry
There is no GL account associated with my Tax Schedule. when I use customer having the same Tax Schedule I am getting 000-2300-00 (IL State Sales tax payable) account assigned on the Billing Taransaction Entry Distribution Screen on Project Account Module. Can anyone tell me why it is taking account number eventhough I have not associated any GL to the tax schedule. Thanks for help It is probably looking into the Posting Accounts Setup table for the taxes account (in the Sales group). In the demo company, this is set to the IL, State Sales Tax Payable account. These types of traces (...

Default Auto delivery of incomming email...
Hello all, I am an IT support technician who is searching for an answer that one of our Account Managers has asked today. In a strange twist of events, he would like his Outlook client to NOT automatically recieve email, or at the very least, increase the time between automatic deliveries. I have been combing the web for the past hour or so and have been unable to find a solution to his request. IS there a solution? My IT director is telling me that he is unaware of a setting on Exchange Server 2003 that sets how often the server pushes messages to the various accounts. The cli...

sbs 2003 change port 443
Hello, i have a sbs 2003 and a seperate webserver 2003 for a application. the seperate webserver uses the port 443 and now i want to use the sbs2003 also to sync mobile phones with OMA (that also uses port 443) what is the best thing to do? or just change the port for oma to another one? if yes wich one is a good one? or change the webapplication regards Marc I wouldn't change the Port on the SBS2003 if it was me Do you have More than 1 IP from your ISP if so then you could use the Extra IP to utilize the same port Number Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP...

10.0 Security
I am entering security for all of our users. I have used some of the default roles, but am making additional to suit our needs. I have one role that shows access to the following: Inquiry/Financial/Transaction Match by Account. I cannot find where this is checked in the tasks or subcomponents. I need this taken out of this role. Is there a report that can be ran to show what subcomponents that are contained in a task for a specific role? Thank you, On Aug 20, 12:30=A0pm, TBrooks <TBro...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am entering security for all of our users. =A...

Hanging application EXCEL.EXE, version 11.0.6560.0, hang module hungapp,
I have a user who gets this crash whenever he prints to adobe distiller. Environment is XP pro2 Excel 2003 adobe pro 6 Anybody have any suggestions- thanks CR -- ...