Changing Business Units / Organization Charts

We are doing a demonstration to a potential client that has been known to
change the structure of their sales organization on a frequent basis. We are
very familiar with the management of Business Units, territories, etc. but we
have not encountered this sort of situation where changes are needed. Has
anyone encountered this scenario? Has CRM been able to support it and retain
the relational data from past structures? Are there any tools out there that
would be an "add-on" to CRM to allow for this happen?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You might get some mileage out of c360's products which lets you view and
define multiple layers of relationships in roll-up views. From their website:

"c360 Solutions Relationship Explorer is a Microsoft CRM enhancement that
greatly enhance the relationship capabilities of Microsoft CRM. Relationship
Explorer allows users to disover and display every relationship that exists
between CRM entities in an intuitive tree-based structure.

Relationship Explorer also includes the optional 'c360 Relationships'
solution that provides organizations the ability to allow CRM users create
relationships not possible through Microsoft CRM. 'c360 Relationships' lets
users create many-many relationships between Contacts, Accounts and
Opportunities linked to CRM users."

http://www.c360.com/RelationshipExplorer.aspx

Hope this helps.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Jason M." wrote:

> We are doing a demonstration to a potential client that has been known to
> change the structure of their sales organization on a frequent basis. We are
> very familiar with the management of Business Units, territories, etc. but we
> have not encountered this sort of situation where changes are needed. Has
> anyone encountered this scenario? Has CRM been able to support it and retain
> the relational data from past structures? Are there any tools out there that
> would be an "add-on" to CRM to allow for this happen?

Changing SOP Allocation Method
We currently have all our order types set to allocate by line. We're considering changing that to allocate by order/batch. Has anyone out there made a similar process change? If so I'd like to know how you accomplished the change and what problems you ran into. Any suggestions on the easiest way to de-allocate lines? -- Jim@TurboChef You will need to update the SOP10100.ALLOCABY field for your unposted transactions to make this change affect documents that have already been entered. To de-allocate lines you need to run a query to update the ATYALLOC in SOP10200 and IV00102...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Can I add a baseline value to a chart?
I have a chart that shows results of tests taken on different dates to show improvement. I need to add a baseline to the chart showing the Desired Result. From an earlier reply: You can add the lines to the chart by using extra data series. Here is a collection of examples. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jeanine" <Jeanine@...

Palm V Sync w/ Business Contact Manager
Has anyone been able to get their Palm device to sync with Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. Intellisync does not support this yet. You answered your own question. Once intellisync supports this, then = you should be able to set your preferred .pst file. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Jim <jfjordan@prodigy.net> asked: | Has anyone been able to get their Palm device to sync | with Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. |=20 | Intellisync does...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Missing Clip Art Organizer
At work, quite some time ago, I downloaded some clip art from the Microsoft collection and received with it the Clip Art Organizer and I really really liked it. When the powers that be decided to upgrade my office PC, I *thought* we did everything possible to make sure that what I had on the old one I'd still have on the new one. Alas, that was not to be - I discovered recently that the clip art organizer was gone. I've tried looking for it again, but have been unable to locate it, either because my brain cells have been iced over or it's no longer here - can anyone tell me...

2003 calendar free/busy times
New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a meeting notice could check to see if the time was available. I can't seem to find out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative groups servers to another the calendar info? TIA Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under "Schedule+ Free Busy", select the appropr...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Creating a Combination Bar Chart with 2 Lines
I am trying to create a bar chart with 2 line series. The Y-axis for the vertical bars would be on the left and the Y-axis for the 2 line series would be on the right (3 series were defined). The horizontal axis for all series are calendar months (Jan, Feb, etc.) Every time I setup the chart my chart only displays a single line, ignoring the other line series. The vertical bars come out fine. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Thanks Bill Falzone Don't use the built in types. Make the chart using all columns. Select a series that you want to change (click on it right in th...

Chart wizard funcitonality in Excel 2007?
I hope I'm missing something in Excel 2007. In Excel 2003, the chart wizard gives you access to lots of options when you create a graph--graph type, data range, the various series (including the X axis labels), the chart title and axis titles, gridlines, legends, and others. It doesn't take long to create the graph with most of the options you want and then tweak it pretty quickly. In Excel 2007, it seems that every option is a separate button/menu/choice. Setting the chart title, the x-axis title, and the y-axis title are three different operations. Ditto for pretty much everyt...

paired bar chart
Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? please define paired bar chart? "abj2" wrote: > Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? See Jon Peltier's site on Tornado Charts http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html "abj2" wrote: > Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? ...

Creating a time chart
Can someone tell me if this is possible. I want to be able to create a chart that represents a week. There will be seven bars and each bar will represent the day my business is open. I want to be able to enter starting times in one column, let's say column B and a quitting times in column C. These two columns represent Sunday. I want D and E to represent Monday. I'll do this for all seven days. Is there a way I can create a stacking bar chart (or any chart) that will place a bar representing that employee's shift in the chart. All bars will not start on the horizontal axis, b...

Best tool for adding a pivot chart like chart to a report?
Is it the PivotChart form or should I used the MSChart OCX? Which is easier to set up/configure to display the data properly? (A multi-column, multi-entity bar chart) Which is the most flexible? And where can I find tutorials on using both? Thanks Kyle Jedrusiak ...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

How do I turn the pivot chart into a list with all cells filled?
I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields are filled Select the pivot table. Choose Edit>Copy Select the cell where you'd like to paste the copy Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Values, click OK There are instructions here for filling the blanks: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html gianna wrote: > I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields > are filled -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Scanning with a hand held unit?
I was wondering if you scan the barcode into excel it puts the what the barcode means. Like the numbers or letters... I am wondering is there away to scan the Barcode into 1 cell and right next to it in the next cell put the numbers or letters. Is there away if so how would I go about doing it... I have the barcode font file but can't get the 2 cells to link... Cell 1 needs to have the barcode Cell 2 needs to have what cell 1 means.. Thank you for your time in this matter... Every barcode scanner I ever used scanned the printed barcode and converted the content into ...

Changing Series names
Is there any way to change the titles of series in the chart and not on the spreadsheet? If you want the legend text for the series to be different from the name in the spreadsheet, try selecting: chart source data series tab and typing the new label in the 'name' box. This should break the series name's link to the spreadsheet --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Colours change unexpectedly for pie charts and graphs in Excel 200
Hi I have a user who is using Office 2003 and namely Excel who is has created pie-charts and graphs. At the time of creation the colours are correct, however, when saved and reopened the colours alter. Also if the user logs off then logs on the colours appear correct briefly. The file is in on a shared server and other users also see it in the corrupt colour state. Resolutions tried are, reset the colour palette, checked for a file in XLStart folder, checked if macros are present. Ran detect and repair, installed service packs. I would be grateful for any advice or if others have had ...

Changing font in rich text table
I want to standardise the font of all data in a table's rich text field. If I use: Dim DB As Database Dim rst As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set DB = CurrentDb() strSQL = "SELECT tblReportTermly.Aims FROM tblReportTermly;" Set rst = DB.OpenRecordset(strSQL) Do Until rst.EOF With rst .MoveFirst .Edit !Aims.FontName = "Calibri" !Aims.FontSize = "11" .Update .MoveNext End With Loop i get "Object doesn't support this property or method". Am I approaching this incorrectly? ...

Change Font Color Based on Classification
Can I have the Font color in a specific row be a certain color based on a value in one cell in that row. I am looking at data for different room types classified as A,B,C,D or E. Each row is for a different room with one of those classifications. I want the whole row to dislay one or five different font colors (respectivley) based on the classification. How can I do this, Scott for 5 colors you need to use VBA to get it If four were acceptable use Conditional formating (one default and three conditional) I "sip8316" wrote: > Can I have the Font color in a specifi...

Charting a flight logbok
Hi, I have simple flight logbook where every flight is written with the date in column A and flight times from column J and outwards. There are several flights per day and therefore several equal dates in column A. I do not sort A, I just write flights in the order they happen. I'm trying to make one chart that shows total flight time last 30 days always counting backwards from last entry. And one chart showing total flight time last 365 days with one column for each month and one column for the total of the last 365 days. I can make this manually but I would like to make this dyn...

Change Envelope Address
Hi Exhange 5.5 Currently we using our exchange server to relay mail from our SGI server. The from address from the SGI is nobody@cdspubs.com and the Subject is generic ID. Can exchange upon relay change the envelope i.e. change the From: address to example jason@cdspubs.com and Subject: to Files Uploaded (maintaining the correct T0: and body content). The only envelopes that need to be changed are from nobody@cdspubs.com If so how would I go about it Thanks Jason 5.5 is not going to be very good at it. What might work better is an event synch on a W2K3 box in between them. Ma...

Upgrading from Office Home and Student to Small Business
New notebook because old one crashed. I have my installation disks of Office Small Business 2007 UPGRADE, which was installed on the old notebook. Of course, I can't locate the disks for Office 2003, which I'd upgraded from. And, of course, in the install process, Office 2007 is telling me there's no version of Office on my computer so I can't "upgrade." I do, however, have the install disks for Office Home and Student 2007 (which is loaded on a different computer). According to the Office Small Business Upgrade docs, that qualifies as a version eligibl...