Changing behavior for shared access to records on Reassign and BU

Currently when a user's records are Reassigned ("Reassign Records" Action in
Settings/BU Settings/Users/ Selected User Properties Window or using
BizUser::ReassignObjects CRM API) to a new user the current user gets a
shared access to these records. The CRM API BizUser::SetBussiness also
provides an option to reassign all objects of the user being moved to a new
BU to another user at the same time. In this case also after reassignment the
old user gets shared access to their previously owned records.

There has been some feedback by customers that they prefer not to have the
original user shared access after the reassignment in these circumstances.

We would like to solicit your feedback if you prefer the current behavior
as-is. Based on your feedback, we will make appropriate decision to change or
retain the current behavior in this regard.
--
Naveen Garg
Program Management

Naveen,

Thanks for soliciting feedback.  My favorite design principle is:
"When in doubt, let the user decide."

So, I would suggest that (a) either on that same form, or, after the
new user is selected, a check box be made available that enables the
user to share, or not share, the records about to be reassigned..

I suspect DBA's would appreciate it if this were also
(b) something they could set as a default or global setting: either
uncheck or check this box to share or not share, by default, and

(c) a role-based setting.  In other words, make the ability to make
that decision part of a role, so that the DBA can give some users the
ability to make this decision, and override the default. Users without
this role simply get the default behavior.

A little more work on your part, but then you might be able to satisfy
all of the people all of the time...

But if I had to vote, share or not, I would vote not.  The business
reason for changing assignment is typically either a replacement person
in that same job, or a reshuffling of territories.  Either way, the old
person doesn't have the same responsibilities.  Besides, sales people
don't typically like to share anything....

HTH, and thanks again for asking,

Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

Introducing our newest software product...
VAST - an auditing solution for Microsoft CRM 1.2
VAST shows you "Who Did What When" in Microsoft CRM
To download our free trial, get more info, or to order, visit
http://www.VSCRM.com

0
Dave
4/15/2005 7:44:38 AM
I agree with Dave on this.  The implicit share leads to more problems since it
happens behind the scenes.  The record is presumably being reassigned for a
reason.  If the old user needs to have access, then they can always be granted a
share later.

I also like Dave's suggestion to have it be security based with a checkbox on
the Re-assign dialog.  "Policy" could dictate the default setting of this
checkbox and security could determine whether the user can change it.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 15 Apr 2005 00:44:38 -0700, "Dave Carr (dave- no spam-@vscrm.com"
<dave@vscrm.com> wrote:

[...]

Matt

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

How to correctly change security?
There are some computers in domain on which the user permissions are set as Power User, but I want to remove them and let computer to bring permissions and policies from domain controller server. I removed Power User from computer in Control Panel, but are there places where I must make changes? Is this enough? On Apr 14, 5:09=A0pm, girts <gi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > There are some computers in domain on which the user permissions are set = as > Power User, but I want to remove them and let computer to bring permissio= ns > and policies from domain c...

Using MS Access information in Outlook
I have an MS Access DBase that contains our companies contact information. I want to be able to use that information in an Outlook contact folder. I do not want to import the information into Outlook. I want it to be automatically synchronized. Is this possible? Mikeal ...

how do i calculate 10% of a total in an access query
I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!! Increased Price: ([YourField] * .1) + [YourField] -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "confussed student" wrote: > I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a > 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!! On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:13:10 -0800, confussed student wrote: > I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a > 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do...

changing a custom toolbar
I have a legacy access database that i'm now working on in Access 2007. I have a custom toolbar set up in there (at least that is what A2007 shows it as on the Add-Ins tab of the ribbon). I need to edit that custom toolbar (menu). How do I do that? Karen Hey Karen, I have spent a lot of time trying to find examples to be able to edit a menubar from a previous version in Access 2007. Finally, I have come up with the following that works! I hope this helps: --- start code --- Function TweakToolbar() Dim cbr As CommandBar Dim cbrctl As CommandBarControl Dim cbrbutt As C...

how do i change days in a year to 365
How do I chage Excel's standard of 360 days in a year to be 365, for functions such as Days360 and other methods of figuring out how many days occur between 2 dates? The number of days between two dates can be calculated by direct subtraction. For example, if A1 contains 1/1/2004 and A2 contains 1/1/2005 and you enter the formula =A2-A1 in another cell, the result will be 366 (formated as an integer). -- Gary's Student "tripjules" wrote: > How do I chage Excel's standard of 360 days in a year to be 365, for > functions such as Days360 and other methods o...

How to organize access to PWA for external user?
I have Project Server installed in "standalone" configuration. Is that possible to organize access to PWA for CUSTOMER (person who play role of Project manager in customer organization) with observance of conditions: 1.CUSTOMER should have ability to have access only to those files, that regards HIS organisation. 2.CUSTOMER should'not have rights to change any data in those files. Thanks! from your question I understand that you want to provide access to external users may be they are customers , partners and remote users. First tell your Network Administrator...

Sharing and Unsharing
I am creating a spreadsheet to be used by multiple users on a network and set a workbook to be shared, then noticed I needed to make some changes. I tried to unshare this file and found I could not doe this. Is there a way or a different process for saving a file to be shared so that the author can make changes to the sheet afterwards? Thanks for any help. Tim Foster Is the workbook protected? Choose Tools>Protection>Unprotect Shared Workbook Then unshare the workbook. Tim Foster wrote: > I am creating a spreadsheet to be used by multiple users on a network > and set a workb...

Change background color of query results from access in worksheet
Hi, I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an Access DB and selected a query. I chose "Table" view. The query results now appear in my worksheet which is great. However, I want to change the background. Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a darker blue. I want the results to have a white background with black borders but have been unable to change the format. If I go to Home and select No fill for a color background nothing happens. Is there a way to change the query results? Thanks, Could be the r...

What is the basic format of a Access VBA module
Hello, I am almost completely new to Access VBA so pardon me if this question is asked before. Anyway, I came across somewhere that I have read before that before I exit an Access VBA module, I am supposed to clear the database or do something to free the database is it? May I know how it is done and why should I be doing that? Thanks! <azhu.uwaterloo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177681396.512608.194140@b40g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I am almost completely new to Access VBA so pardon me if this question > is asked before. > Anyway, I came across somewhere...

outlook mobile access broken #2
I noticed this morning that my OMA was give ASP application error reports when a device tried to connect. I put it down to changing the installed .net framework at the end of last week - using the aspnet_regiis.exe command located in the C: \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework directory, I changed from v1.1.4322 to v2.0.50727. So I reverted back to v1.1.4322 hoping it would resolve the issue, no all I get is a 404 page not found - even though there are files there - now I'm a bit stumped. What is going to be the easiest way to fix/repair/recreate this virtual directory? Any pointers would ...

When form closes it creates a blank record in the table
I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks in advance <MichaelJohnson168@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f63293f9-caa7-4450-bacf-e844c6d5b9c4@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that > form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is > there a way to prevent that from happening? If it only happens when you had the form on a new (blank...

Access 2007 Attachments
Hi there, I have a form, with a subform. The subform has an "attachment" field. This subform is displayed in datasheet format on the main form. I have code on the main form ,attached to a cmdButton, that sends an email. I now wish to amend that code so that the attachment is attached to the email - if there is one. Dim App As Object Dim Itm As Object Dim strAttachmentname Set App = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") ' all str variables defined and represent values on the main form ' get the attachment name if there is one ????? (this is what ...

FRx Report Date won't change
We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073. Apparently, an AP transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073. So, in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of 9073. Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008, FRx changes the report date to December 9072. We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index. We've also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the Fiscal Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the 12/2008 date in FRx. Any...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

why does wrord change the origianl date when I open a saved doc
I do not want word to change the date of a saved doc when i open it I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location. See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automat...

Same contact list on shared computer
My wife and I share the same computer as different users. We are using Windows 7 with Outlook 2007. The question is how did my contacts get shared or replicated with my wife's contacts? When she was looking ups someone she was suprised when all my contacts were also listed. You haven't told us anything that would permit an answer. Sounds to me like you're using the same Outlook data file. Are you? State how you configured each Outlook profile. -- Russ Valentine "JohnR" <JohnR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9550B7CB-DEC8-4D1C-A9FF-5...

SPPS
Hi We have SharePoint Portal Server 2007 english version. Duo to our localizatino, we need to change it to native Slovenian language. Is this possible and what are the steps to do this? Regards, Miha ------=_NextPart_0001_F428B286 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Once a site is created you cannot change its language. You would need to create a second site in the alternate language. Steps to do this are located here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc287692.aspx Note: There are a few blog entries and newsgroup posts that talk ab...

Supporting Access 97
Hi A prospective client has sent me a set of database files that he would like me to support & upgrade occasionally. They are all Access 97 files. When opening them, all bar one gave me the option of converting to Access 2003 format. Why did one file not give me that option? Also, I can only make changes in these new versions of the files, but they will presumably be useless to the customer unless he upgrades his version of Access. Is that right? Yours Database WUSS Hi Stapes, After you change the database, you can convert it back to Access 97 format ... make sure you use the Micro...

CHANGING LEGEND TEXT
I wish to change the text in the legend box from say- (Series 1) to (MPG) or anything that has a relevance to the graph. This was done easily in Works Spreadsheet and previous versions of Excel. Using 2007 Student & Home version. Hi, Select the chart and use the ribbon Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data On the dialog select the appropriate series and Edit. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mareng" <mareng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDF2E10C-04F5-411E-94C0-2504B48C1900@microsoft.com... &...

ERROR: "The record you are requesting is currently unavailable"
CRM 3.0, using Web client, Windows Server 2003 SP1 for SBS. Have found no good solution for this problem I've been getting since installation couple days ago. When trying to create a new appointment, upon save get the error: "The record that you are requesting is currently unavailable. Either the record was not found or you do not have sufficient security permissions to view it." Upon clicking "Ok" I get the error: "General failure in scheduling engine" with a "Ignore and Save" button which will save the appointment, but still marks the appointm...

Help with combining 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts
Hi, I have 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts that I would like to combine to use in one woeksheet and I'm sure how to do. I am kind of new to VB. The first script is for hiding columns based on a value selected in picklist. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'SalesAid Software If Target.Address <> Range("L2").Address Then Exit Sub 'MsgBox Month(Target) If Target = "All" Then Range("N:BV").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Else lastcol = Cells(6, Columns.Count).End(xlToLe...

Accessing a linked file in a Word document using VBA
Hi - Basic question, in my Word template I have some linked images. I want to use VBA to change the path and filename of some of these links ... can anyone give me a clue as to how I should best do this? Thanks Robin Hi Robin, To see how to paths in Word using vba, check out the macro solution I've posted for implement relative paths at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA2C548-7D01-4515-BCC8-2EF3210439C9@microsof...

Shared Calendar problems
We have created a secondary mailbox which includes a calendar for booking a conference room. If I want to book the room, I arrange a meeting with the room (using a modified calendar form) and a secretary accepts the meeting. It appears that something in my modified form is causing a mistake, as when the appointment is viewed (by anyone) the meeting time changes to the current time and if the person viewing it closes the appointment down they get the option to save the changes - thus updating the calendar and clearly causing a few nightmares with the booking! Any suggestions as to where my form...

Form that changes dafualt value in a table
Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value in field “price” is $2.00 I want to be able to change it to $3.00 by typing it in my form without have to going to the table design view. So if you got some code for my command button please reply. Thank You! On Dec 13, 8:44 am, Jone <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be > able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value i...