Change the sender to the previous owner when a lead is reassigned

Business scenario is as folllows:

A new lead fires a workflow which sends an email to the lead with the owner
as the sender.  When the lead is reassigned, they want an email to have the
PREVIOUS owner as the sender.
There is no facility in email to change the SENDER in the email.

What is the recommended solution - callout, etc.

--
Paul Doyon
CRM Consultant

--
Paul Doyon
CRM Consultant

0
Paul297 (622)
1/23/2008 10:35:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Paul,
Very right, Callout is the solution.

--
uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
CRM Freelance Consultant

"Paul" wrote:

> Business scenario is as folllows:
>
> A new lead fires a workflow which sends an email to the lead with the owner
> as the sender.  When the lead is reassigned, they want an email to have the
> PREVIOUS owner as the sender.
> There is no facility in email to change the SENDER in the email.
>
> What is the recommended solution - callout, etc.
>

> --
> Paul Doyon
> CRM Consultant
>
> --
> Paul Doyon
> CRM Consultant

0
imumar (138)
1/24/2008 8:11:05 AM
Yes, but can previous owner and current owner be accessed in the assembly?

If so, how?

Thanks
--
Paul Doyon
CRM Consultant

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi Paul,
> Very right, Callout is the solution.
>
> --
> uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
> CRM Freelance Consultant
> Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
> Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com
> MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan
>

> "Paul" wrote:
>
> > Business scenario is as folllows:
> >
> > A new lead fires a workflow which sends an email to the lead with the owner
> > as the sender.  When the lead is reassigned, they want an email to have the
> > PREVIOUS owner as the sender.
> > There is no facility in email to change the SENDER in the email.
> >
> > What is the recommended solution - callout, etc.
> >

> > --
> > Paul Doyon
> > CRM Consultant
> >
> > --
> > Paul Doyon
> > CRM Consultant

0
Paul297 (622)
1/24/2008 7:52:08 PM
Hi Paul,

No, it is not possible to do it in assemblies. Better option is to use pre
callout.

--

"Paul" wrote:

> Yes, but can previous owner and current owner be accessed in the assembly?
>
> If so, how?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Paul Doyon
> CRM Consultant
>

> "uMar Khan" wrote:
>
> > Hi Paul,
> > Very right, Callout is the solution.
> >
> > --
> > uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
> > CRM Freelance Consultant
> > Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
> > Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com
> > MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan
> >

> > "Paul" wrote:
> >
> > > Business scenario is as folllows:
> > >
> > > A new lead fires a workflow which sends an email to the lead with the owner
> > > as the sender.  When the lead is reassigned, they want an email to have the
> > > PREVIOUS owner as the sender.
> > > There is no facility in email to change the SENDER in the email.
> > >
> > > What is the recommended solution - callout, etc.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Paul Doyon
> > > CRM Consultant
> > >
> > > --
> > > Paul Doyon
> > > CRM Consultant

0
imumar (138)

Auto change formula in cells when source is changed
Good day experts; If specific cells have the same formula for example: C1 = Product( A1;B1) C16 = Product(A16;B16) C17= Product(A17;B17) And so on ... What formula should i write in C16, C17, ... so that: when the formula in the source cell, C1, is changed the formulas in C16, C17, ... would automatically change accordingly. I tried "=C1" it does not work Thanks in advance Carlo carlo wrote: > Good day experts; > > If specific cells have the same formula for example: > C1 = Product( A1;B1) > C16 = Product(A16;B16) > C17= Product(A17;B17) > And so on ... ...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

Problem changing wallpaper on Vista
I am trying to change the wallpaper on Vista. I have a sub that works on XP with .jpg and .bmp images... Private Sub SetActiveDesktopWallpaper(ByVal sFileName As String, ByVal lStyle As Long, ByVal fForce As Boolean) Dim ad As ActiveDesktop Dim co As COMPONENTSOPT Dim wpo As WALLPAPEROPT Set ad = New ActiveDesktop 'check if AD is enabled co.dwSize = Len(co) ad.GetDesktopItemOptions co, 0& With wpo .dwSize = Len(wpo) .dwStyle = lStyle End With With ad ' set wallpaper style... .SetWallpaperOpt...

Outlook Express 6
Could somebody tell me if there is a keyboard short cut available to perform the block sender function in OE. Currently I go to >Message>block sender, but I would love to know if I can assign a keyboard shortcut. When I select > Block Sender the S (of Sender) is underlined so that makes me think there may be a way to assign a shortcut. Or if not, are there keyboards available with a button already assigned to perform the function. Hope somebody could help me. Many thanks Karen This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family f...

Statment of changes in financial position
i will be a demo of GP 10 on Weds for a customer who has a requirement for a statement of changes in financial position. Is there any reason that this would be a problem in FRx as long as i know what GL accounts make up each row? Their sales and receivables are going to be maintained in another systmer - with that system providing a journal entry either weekly or monthly. THanks! Andrea: How did this come out for you, also have you done a Schedule of Changes Report?? Pretty standard non-profit reports. "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > i will be a demo of GP 10 on Weds for a cus...

Corporate Name Change
How does one change the name of a stock (and symbol) when a company (such as AOL) decides to do so Wade: Select AOL from your portfolio, right click and choose "see details" You can rename it and change the symbol there. Kevin "Wade" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023701c395d4$c6129da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How does one change the name of a stock (and symbol) when > a company (such as AOL) decides to do so Thanks ... I get an error stating the ticker is already in use. How can I get around this (is there a global ticker li...

changing sort order
I have followed the TK "How to BCP Data Out and Back into a New Database (875179)" a few times and it seems to work great. However, when bcp'ng the data back in, I do notice some errors as it flashes by in the dos screen, however, NONE of the .err files show any size other than 0k. After logging into Great Plains, I do notice that some information is completely missing. I check the tables and they are empty. I checked the in and out bat files and those tables are exported, then imported, the table is empty and its .err file is also blank. If the .err files do not show...

Changing Exch5.5 GAL columns in Outlook client view
Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, in the Outlook client, if you display the 'Address Book' you get the following columns - name, business phone, office, title, company, alias, e-mail type, & e-mail address. How do you change it so you show the display name, business, extension, cell phone, & internet email address? Basically, how/where do you change the columnar data the client sees? Thanks, Mike Lawson Mike Goto View | Columns and there u can manage views... KJ "Mike Lawson" wrote: > Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, i...

Dropdown Size: How do I change?
I have a workbook and after opening it on another computer, all the dropdowns are way too wide. And how can I have them show 20 items rather than the default of 8? Thanks, Craig Right-click the dropdown and you can change the 8 to any other number. To make it less wide, right-click it and drag the right/left border to the size you want. It MAY have something to do with the screen resolution on the other computers...? Bob Umlas "Craig Roberts" <Somewhere @ Lindstrom Minnesota USA> wrote in message news:e4jiOnVPFHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have a workbook a...

How can I change primary display for presentation on multiple mon.
I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change the default monitor that F5 points to? In article <5A95BBFC-B291-4A05-9E71-3F094B937ABB@microsoft.com>, Shorebilly wrote: > I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have > multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change > the default monitor that F5 points to? In the Slide Show | Set up show dialog, you can choose the monitor you want to display slide s...

pointer changes from arrow to plussign
Somehow the pointer arrow in excel has changed from an arrow to a plus sign. How can I change it back to an a n arrow? That would depend upon where you are pointing the cursor. If anywhere on the cells portion of a worksheet, the cursor is a fat white plus sign. If pointing to menus, toolbars, sheet tabs or scrollbars the cursor should be an arrow. Are you saying your cursor "never" changes to an arrow? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:15:34 -0700, "gmohanco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Somehow the pointer arrow in excel has c...

changing the message list in outlook 2003
i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the message look in outlook, it separates the messages by date. is there any way to turn this off, so i just have a long list of messages? Right click on the header in the message list, uncheck "show in groups." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lee Benningfield asked: | i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the mess...

Cell colour change automatically
Is it possible to create a formula to automatically turn a cell a given colour? Example: - If I type the word "Yes" in a cell I would like the cell to turn red automatically, If I type the word "No" in a cell I would like the cell to turn green automatically. Is this possible? If yes please recreate a formula to assist me. Many thanks -=- dustyv Take a look at "Conditional Formatting" in XL Help. In article <45794F52-0D61-4B8F-8562-A3E9E6F957BE@microsoft.com>, dustyv <dustyv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to create a formul...

Outlook wont start, even as I had previously used it on the same l
Recently had a system crash occasioned by impatience with a Windows update. After two weeks of tinkering, decided to reformat laptop back to factory settings. Since HP restore will not work, had to reinstall most sofware programs including Norton 360 and Office 2007Plus. Thereafter, most of my files were recovered from the most recent Norton 360 backup. Problem now is that all units of Office 2007 works perfectly except Outlook. It wont just start. All suggestions to repair Office installation or Outlook failed. Anyone with a similar problem and solution out there? Please help. ...

how to change the background color of menu bar
I want to change the background color on the menu bar in excel 2003. Can anyone help me. the color is controlled by Windows. On your desktop, Right click and choose Properties Click the Appearance tab and then choose "Advanced" In the "Item" dropdown choose Menu pick your desired color and click OK, OK NOTE: THIS CHANGE WILL AFFECT ALL WINDOWS APPLICATIONS -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www....

Changing cell format
I have a worksheet that is populated with data exported from Access. The data in the Access table was serial numbers with an occasional (rare) alpha character. The column was formatted "Text" in Access. When I exported it to Excel, every value in this field (around 3000 entries), has an apostrophe (') inserted at the frontof the cell. Find and Replace does not see the ' How can I remove this so that I can use Fill>Series to populate the gaps in my data (there are many gaps)? Try copying the ' Access character and pasting it into the Replace menu. It could be...

Disable the "New Lead" button on the home_leads.aspx
Hi All, How can I disable the following 1.- "New Lead" button on the grid menu bar. Prioror to the print button? 2.- Disable / alter the menuitems in the "New" menu bar 3.- Disable / alter the menuitems in the "Actions" menu on the grid menu bar One way is setting the rights for the users. Is there any other way to acheive this say by HttpModule handler??? and how to do this.. Thanks in advance.... Prasad ...

keep lover level bullet list with previous bullet
Word 2007. I have a Heading then some paragraphs. Then a bullet list. How do I prevent a page from breaking in the middle of a lower level bullet list? In other words, how do I keep lower level bullets with it's upper level? For example: Many paragraphs o upper level bullet aaa - one aaa - two aaa - three aaa o upper level bbb - one bbb - two bbb - three bbb Right now I run out of room on the page and -two bbb goes to the next page. I can highlight the "bbb"s and under Paragraph/line and Page Breaks check Keep Lines Together. I may nee...

Changing cell from formula to data.
Is there a way to change a cell from a formula (that is returning data) to the data it is returning. I realy hop it it becuse it would help out a ton. -- Thanks TimM If you select the cell and copy then edit - pastes special - values on the cell you will have the value and not the formula. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "TimM" wrote: > Is there a way to change a cell from a formula (that is returning data) to > the data it is returning. I realy hop it it becuse it would help out a ton. > > > -- > Thanks > TimM Hi, Select the cell(s) contain...

Resolving emails to lead, contact, or account
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to effectively associate emails to Lead, Contact, and/or Account and track them? Out-of-the-box, a lead with an email address when converted to Account and Contact will assign that email to Account and Contact records. Now there are three records with the same email address and when an email is received or sent, the CRM does not know which entity to link the email to. (even though lead is qualified and is read only, CRM still does not know which entity record to assoicate the email) What are some of the best practices that people have been using to...

Unable to change category group
Hi I'm using Money 2004. I am unable to change the category group for a category called INTEREST which is in under Income. I am getting a message stating "This category is mapped to the capital gains investment category. It's tax line cannot be changed". I dont understand why I cannot change it to "Periodic Income". Please can you advise. Thank you. You can't. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/69.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do no...

Change date format in several worksheets
I have about 50 worksheets in a workbook and would like to change the date format in all. Is there a way to change all at once or must it be done worksheet by worksheet? Select first worksheet. Right-click on the tab and "select all sheets" to group them. Select data range in activesheet. CRTL + A(twice in XL 2003) will select all cells. Make your Format changes. What is done to one sheet will be done to all. DO NOT FORGET! to right-click on any tab and "ungroup" before making any other changes unless you want to change all sheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat...

Can't change default file location
After several repeated attempts I have been unable to change the default file location on the General tab of the Options dialog. I am also unable to get the AutoRecover location to change. I enter a new valid path in each and when I close the Options dialog and re-open, the old path is back. I am using Office 2002 on Windows XP professional. Works fine for me, when you "close the Options dialog box" are you clicking "OK"? If you're closing without doing that then the entries will be ignored. -- Regards; Rob Please reply to the NG, I'm already up to my ...

Lead Qualification process
Hi all, Is there any qualification process can be defined for a lead before converting to an opportunity in standard CRM? Regards, MKR Great question. I've had customers who have an outside of the box approach to the normal qualification processes, and need to segment various 'stages' of the lead in CRM prior to conversion, and even extend the normal conversion process moving a lead to an acct/cont/oppty, or classifying the lead further upon disqualification. In 4.0 we have the ability to use workflow stages on ALL entities, and coupled with list boxes this may be a laym...

Usernames not showing up when tracking changes in Excel
One of my users is sharing out an Excel document in their shared documents folder. When he tracks changes, for some users it shows the user's full name, ie John Smith, but for others it shows nothing. This is on an XP Pro operating system on a Novell 6 network. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >One of my users is sharing out an Excel document in their >shared documents folder. When he tracks changes, for >some users it shows the user's full name, ie John Smith, >but for others it shows nothing. This is on an XP P...