Change the paramters of the popup display window

Is there a way to change the popup windows?  Scenario:  When I add the
date create column to the activities view, I will no doubt need to
extend the window out so I can see it.  How do I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
0
Todd
6/17/2005 11:20:37 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Modifying the activity windows is not supported in the current release.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:20:37 -0400, Todd Reibling
<treibling@trnetworkconsulting.com> wrote:

Is there a way to change the popup windows?  Scenario:  When I add the
date create column to the activities view, I will no doubt need to
extend the window out so I can see it.  How do I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

0
Matt
6/17/2005 3:25:31 PM
"Todd Reibling" <treibling@trnetworkconsulting.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to change the popup windows?  Scenario:  When I add the
> date create column to the activities view, I will no doubt need to
> extend the window out so I can see it.  How do I accomplish this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

There is a javascript file which contains the window sizes for each type of
form. You can edit this but if you do you will not get support from MS so it
is your decision. Your changes are also likely to be overwritten by hotfixes
and patches so on balance I would live with it

0
Julian

Change the working directory for a MFC application
I am trying to change the working directory of a MFC application after the application execution begins. Chdir or setcurrentdirectory doesnot work for a MFC application. Can anyone suggest how i can do this? Thanks, - Akila. Akila wrote: > I am trying to change the working directory of a MFC application after > the application execution begins. > > Chdir or setcurrentdirectory doesnot work for a MFC application. > > Can anyone suggest how i can do this? > > Thanks, > - Akila. > SetCurrentDirectory does work for a MFC application. If it doesn't seem ...

Disabling F1 key's Windows Help Function
We'll I guess the title says it all :) Just curious if there is an easy way to disable F1 from always trying to bring up Window's help whenever it is hit within the program. I find it more than a little annoying because even in my program where (I thought) I was capturing all keystrokes for a keyDown event (I added UINT MyClass:OnGetDlgCode() { return DLGC_WANTARROWS|DLGC_WANTALLKEYS|DLGC_WANTCHARS; } Hmmm, so can I add something else to this line perhaps (going to check on this now) in order to catch ALL keystrokes (or at least add something so windows help function will be di...

Standard Cost Changes Screen
I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. Any ideas as to why it's Greyed Out, and how can I fix this? regards, davidv Is the Bill of Materil a "Phantom" item? "tintin91" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the > Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. > > Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. &...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

Cannot change account type.
I have an HSA with a credit union that is updated online, I want to have it listed under the Investment Accounts instead of Bank Accounts. The option to change the account type is greyed out with the message "...online-enable account cannot be changed" Was there a question here? I think the message you got tells you about three fourths of the problem. The final fourth that the first three fourths prevents you from getting to is that an Investment Account and a Bank Account are fundamentally different types--one holds Investments, the other holds cash--so a change from one ...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

Windows Live Messenger doesn't "remember" me
Hi All, My Windows Live Messenger doesn't "remember" my username/ID. I click remember me and then when having signed off I restart it or the computer again, it doesn't "remember" me. Help! ...

Serious performance issues when changing roles
Just a heads-up: don't change roles during times of heavy user activity or you may have severe performance issues. When you change a role, the MSCRMSEcurityService evidently kicks off a massive job that updates the securitydescriptor field in every record of every major object. Last time I did this, it attempted to obtain a table lock, and as a result, brought my system to its knees. The process was trying to update 46000+ rows from the annotationbase table (you can see this by looking at the last SQL command for the process that is blocking other processes). Evidently bec...

Change Withdrawal/Deposit to Transfer
Hi folks. How do you change a transaction that's already been recorded from a Withdrawal or Deposit to a Transfer? Thanks. Dave I'm assuming you are using Transaction Forms. Most people who have used Money for a long time would advise just turning them off. You can also change the category to Transfer: or one of the Expense categories. There is also For a WD -> Transfer switch the Transfer seems Options|Change Transaction To. <bvdesk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175621813.359866.84060@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi folks. How do you change a transaction...

Net Display
Hi All, I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to display HTML files that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'. I have two issues with this setup. 1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for eac...

Display names in Contacts
When I create a new contact and after that I type the email address, then Display name is written like this : LastName FirstName(email). Is there a setting that I can change to eliminate the email address in the display name ? I would like to have the display name showing like this : LastName FirstName . Antoine Veilleux Change the 'Display as' setting when creating new contacts. "Shidewa" wrote: > When I create a new contact and after that I type the email address, > then Display name is written like this : LastName FirstName(email). Is > there a settin...

How do I change the text size in a drop down box
I am using excel 2003. It seems to default to 10pts. Changing the size in the source list or the default in the general tab did not change the size. ...

Windows Live Mail (news)?
Hi, I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news). First question: How can i remove it ? Second question: I see that after start-up (or after stand-by) and immediately going to WLM often my connection to my provider fails ? Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very quick. Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read normally. Who can give any advice? Regards Huib Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and receiving. -- Ron Somm...

GetItemRect() not consistent with display after updating iIntegral #2
Sorry about the repost. I am trying to set the height of a CTreeCtrl item using the iIntegral property of TVITEMEX and SetItem. This is within the context of a splitter window with a left and a right pane. The left pane contains the tree and the right pane displays graphical elements which are vertically aligned with corresponding tree items. When iIntegral is set, the tree redisplays as expected, however the results from GetItemRect() do not change. As a result, the graphical elements in the right pane are not correctly vertically aligned. The only thing that seems to update GetItemRect...

only display active HR benefits
There is no option to mark a master HR life, retirement or health benefit as inactive. In addition to being able to mark a master HR benefit record as inactive and roll-down changes thru HR and Payroll, it would be significantly helpul to clients with a lot of plan and therefore code changes each year if there was a setup option to 'only display active HR benefits' in the lookup windows when creating/editing employee records. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, clic...

Display of 3D bar charts...looking jagged??
Is there anyway to get around the way excel displays 3D bar charts.....they look the edges of the bars are not smooth they look like a child drew them with broken lines....I cut and paste these charts into Powerpoint and my boss presents these presentations to clients via email attachments and the clients get to see how rough the bars are.....any ideas? Thanks in advance...oh, and good working with you all! Do you make the charts in a new work sheet ? I never had that issue in xls, but when copying too small pics/charts into ppt, they will be distorted when resized. Using a new worksh...

Can Windows client application read/write data to remote SQL Server database?
Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL Server database? > Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL > Server database? Certainly. SQL Server is a client-server DBMS and the service often runs remotely on a separate server. -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Server MVP http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/ ...

cannot change part of a merged cell
Annoying problem... I merged cells and come time to paste from the clipboard into a merged cell, I get the error it can't be done. I can hit F2 and paste. It's an annoying step and users who are not quick on the draw with Excel would be stuck. Is there a way to stop the error and succeed with a paste? thanks! don't use office clipboard use Ctrl + C & Ctrl +V On Apr 7, 5:46=A0am, "shank" <sh...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: > Annoying problem... > I merged cells and come time to paste from the clipboard into a merged cel= l, > I get the error it can...

Strange problem while running MFC 7.0 apps on Windows 2000
Hello, I'm writing an MFC 7.1 program and it runs smoothly on XP and 98. However, on Windows 2000 I encountered a strange message saying that The application failed to initailize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. Thus I try to install VS.Net 2003 on a Win2k machine and run my EXE from VS.Net IDE. The debugging outputs are attached below. Any clues / suggestions / solutions are appreciated. My program uses VS.Net 2003 (MFC 7.1, link as static library) and CImage class in that. The GDIPlus.dll is copied from .Net framework 1.1.3705. TIA, Arthur ...

How I can change the direction of Paste All in MS-Excel (MOST URGE
I am using Office 2003. I have copied some data from a word file in Office Clipboard. Now I want to paste this all data in MS-Excel. When I choose the "Paste All" option it pastes all data down side, while I want to paste the data right side / left side. How can I change it's pasting direction? I do not want to use "Transpose" option beacuse it is tadious & time consuming. I want to do this with a fasttest manner. How can I do this. Is it can be done by a macro? If yes then please tell me the macro code. It is Most Urgent so Please help me as soon as possible...

change an icon
I'm using XP Home. When saving an email in 'Message format' within one of my files, the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder icon. Can I change the Outlook envelope icon for something else - what choices do I have and how can I do it so that the new icon becomes the default icon? > I'm using XP Home. When saving an email in 'Message format' within > one of my files, the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder > icon. Can I change the Outlook envelope icon for something else - > what choices do I have and how can I do it so...

Windows CE upgrades
I would like to know if I could upgrade from Windows CE 5.0 to Windows CE 6.0? ...

Automatically change header
Win XP Professional Office 2000 I have multiple worksheets, each with it's own header. The only common item in all headers is the date (month and year). Is there a way to programatically change the date in all headers without having to edit the header of every worksheet? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services FedEx Express Put &[Date] in the header - this will update according to the P date -- LB7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

MHT Format Changes Display
Hello all! A document I have created in Word 2007 is displaying some of the text in Times font when viewed through Explorer. Arial was used when creating the document and it displays correctly while in Word in both print layout and web layout. I have tried to cut the text and filter it through notepad to remove any hidden formatting. I also changed the "cut, copy, and paste" options in Word 2007 to "Match Destination Formatting" but nothing has worked. Thanks for any assistance provided! ...

how do i change the colour of individual axis on the graph
Double-click it to get to its properties. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "hhhggghhh" <hhhggghhh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14408532-1FE4-44CF-B131-8EED44F6063C@microsoft.com... > You can't colour an individual gridline, if that's what you're trying to do. However, Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a horizontal line to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine hhhggghhh wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.h...