change regarding default entity

Hello, I am looking for a way to change the default entity company in a 
custom made entity (or another) when I want to regard an email from outlook 
into CRM.
Anyone?
0
Utf
6/8/2007 9:40:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
413 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 6

Hi maerten,

You could use JavaScript to achieve this. Add it to the onload event of your 
activity. I found the following code in the Microsoft CRM SDK:

//This sample code demonstrates how to set a value to a pricelevelid lookup 
control on an opportunity //form. In this example, the price level is set to 
Retail.

// Create a lookupItem to store the values that you want to set to a target 
lookup control.
var lookupItem = new Array();

// Specify the values on the signature of LookupControlItem. 
// These values are the GUID of pricelevel, the type code of pricelevel, 
// and the name of the lookup value.
lookupItem[0] = new LookupControlItem 
("{F31BB38A-0EC0-403F-99A6-3AF469D7D76E"}, 1022, "Retail");

// Set the form control value to the lookupItem that you just created.
crmForm.all.pricelevelid.DataValue = lookupItem ;

You should adapt it to make the lookup to your custom item. I think the 
'hard' part is to find the objecttypecode.

Succes,

Merijn van Mourik
http://crmerijn.blogspot.com

"maerten" wrote:

> Hello, I am looking for a way to change the default entity company in a 
> custom made entity (or another) when I want to regard an email from outlook 
> into CRM.
> Anyone?
0
Utf
6/14/2007 10:06:00 PM
tx Merijn

"Merijn van Mourik" wrote:

> Hi maerten,
> 
> You could use JavaScript to achieve this. Add it to the onload event of your 
> activity. I found the following code in the Microsoft CRM SDK:
> 
> //This sample code demonstrates how to set a value to a pricelevelid lookup 
> control on an opportunity //form. In this example, the price level is set to 
> Retail.
> 
> // Create a lookupItem to store the values that you want to set to a target 
> lookup control.
> var lookupItem = new Array();
> 
> // Specify the values on the signature of LookupControlItem. 
> // These values are the GUID of pricelevel, the type code of pricelevel, 
> // and the name of the lookup value.
> lookupItem[0] = new LookupControlItem 
> ("{F31BB38A-0EC0-403F-99A6-3AF469D7D76E"}, 1022, "Retail");
> 
> // Set the form control value to the lookupItem that you just created.
> crmForm.all.pricelevelid.DataValue = lookupItem ;
> 
> You should adapt it to make the lookup to your custom item. I think the 
> 'hard' part is to find the objecttypecode.
> 
> Succes,
> 
> Merijn van Mourik
> http://crmerijn.blogspot.com
> 
> "maerten" wrote:
> 
> > Hello, I am looking for a way to change the default entity company in a 
> > custom made entity (or another) when I want to regard an email from outlook 
> > into CRM.
> > Anyone?
0
Utf
6/15/2007 1:46:01 PM
Did it work out for you? Just curious :-)

"maerten" wrote:

> tx Merijn
> 
> "Merijn van Mourik" wrote:
> 
> > Hi maerten,
> > 
> > You could use JavaScript to achieve this. Add it to the onload event of your 
> > activity. I found the following code in the Microsoft CRM SDK:
> > 
> > //This sample code demonstrates how to set a value to a pricelevelid lookup 
> > control on an opportunity //form. In this example, the price level is set to 
> > Retail.
> > 
> > // Create a lookupItem to store the values that you want to set to a target 
> > lookup control.
> > var lookupItem = new Array();
> > 
> > // Specify the values on the signature of LookupControlItem. 
> > // These values are the GUID of pricelevel, the type code of pricelevel, 
> > // and the name of the lookup value.
> > lookupItem[0] = new LookupControlItem 
> > ("{F31BB38A-0EC0-403F-99A6-3AF469D7D76E"}, 1022, "Retail");
> > 
> > // Set the form control value to the lookupItem that you just created.
> > crmForm.all.pricelevelid.DataValue = lookupItem ;
> > 
> > You should adapt it to make the lookup to your custom item. I think the 
> > 'hard' part is to find the objecttypecode.
> > 
> > Succes,
> > 
> > Merijn van Mourik
> > http://crmerijn.blogspot.com
> > 
> > "maerten" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello, I am looking for a way to change the default entity company in a 
> > > custom made entity (or another) when I want to regard an email from outlook 
> > > into CRM.
> > > Anyone?
0
Utf
6/15/2007 6:31:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Changing text in X and Z reports
Hi, I want to change a text in X and Z reports. The original text is "Paid on Account." I want it to say "On Account." How can I do the change? I already found the XML report template but don't know where to go from there. Thank you in advance. Win open file in Frontpage or text editor. Do "find" and type in "paid on account" to get you to the section quickly. or, just roll down until you find this section =========================== Section: Grand Total Out =========================== --> <!--BOOKMARK--> <ROW...

How to change multiple folders views in Outlook
When you first create an account within Outlook (currently using 2007 but I'm sure it's the same for other versions) it defaults the folders so that certain columns are visable they all have the viewing pane enabled. Is there a way of changing one folder so that all folders look identicle (Deleted, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-Mail, Outbox etc etc etc). I'm sure there must be a way but I'd be damned if I can find it...and it's driving me nuts!! Cheers Glenn gloriousglenn@hotmail.com <gloriousglenn@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way of changing one folder so that a...

9.0 Table Changes
Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK before I can get a list of the table names? -- Doug You need to install the SDK "Doug" wrote: > Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and > the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK > > But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK > before I can get a list of the tabl...

How can I change the program used when following a hyperlink
I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image files, gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a gif file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in using IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop. But I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not editing, the files Anyone got any ideas JimR Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the hyperlink field): Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String) Dim browser As Vari...

Record Change Confirmation
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CAB184.C1BB7DD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2 I'm using the following code I found on the web, on a Single Form, to = have the user choose to either save the record or not save the record or close the message box and continue editing: Private Sub cmdSaveAndClose_Click() If Me.Dirty Then Dim BlnOutcome As Integer BlnOutcome =3D MsgBox("Record(s) have been added or changed." _ ...

2003 OWA
We are having problems when end users hit the cancel button on the Exchange 2003 OWA password change screen, it actually gives an ASP error when hitting the cancel button on this particular screen. Does anyone have an TechNet Articles on why this doesn't work? Dear Sabo, Thanks for posting here. In order to narrow down the problem, please provide me with the detailed message of the ASP error. You may capture a screen shoot and attach the picture when you post back. Also, I would like to give you the detailed steps for enable change password in Exchange 2003 OWA: You must firs...

Change measurements from inches to centimeters in EXCEL 2002?
I want to see measurements for margins for Page Setup in both Centimeters and Inches - how do I change the display? (EXCEL 2002) ...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

Why can't I click on the signature section to change my signature
When I go into tools, options, and then the mail format tab, the signature option is greyed out and I can't click on it. I therefore cant edit my existing sugnature or create a new one. I've tried changing the format options to compose the message in, and still no luck. Are you perhaps in a corporate environment? Then you mail admin might have disabled that option as a corporate policy. Ask him/her or your manager for more information. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, ...

.xls changes sizes from one computer to another
An excel worksheet that we use prints out nicely on one computer; however, when another user accesses it off of the network and does a print preview, the columns of the worksheet squash together in the middle of the worksheet into and only by reducing the view by 99% is the second user able to print correctly. I don't know the circumstances regarding this but I am told this is the way it has always been. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ...

Problem Changing from Average Costing to FIFO Perpetual (Version 9
Our company changed our inventory valuation method from FIFO Perpetual to Average Costing. After two months we reverted back to FIFO Perpetual. We now have a problem when we create a new SOP document. The cost that the system is retrieving on the document is the CURRCOST from IV00101, not the STNDCOST as we would expect. We have run the Change valuation method utility and have checked links and reconciled, but this behaviour continues. If we create a new item that have not gone through this FIFO to AVG to FIFO chance cycle it picks up the STNDCOST correctly. Any ideas? Thanks, J...

Money 2003: Change investment type from fund to stock
One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to add all the stock shares to my account as new shares. How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from the Investments area? There are no menu options to do so and the online help doesn't provide any clues. I have several years worth of transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all. In microsoft.public.money, IanP. wrote: >...

Read-only files
I want to email an MS Publisher 03 file. It is read-only protected, but it can still be accessed and changes made, although it has to be saved with another file name. Is it possible to make it unaccessible - so that no changes can be made at all? no. and it doesn't even have to be saved with a different name, all you have to do is change the file attributes. "secretariat" <secretariat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CFB98E4-29E7-4AC6-BBB4-177EE7F5C982@microsoft.com... |I want to email an MS Publisher 03 file. It is read-only protected, but it |...

Changing multiple appointment times
I have hundreds of appointments and would like to move them back one hour. I know there is a link in microsofts support site that lets you change the time zone without changing appointment times. However, recurring appointments are not supported by that method. Does anyone know of a way to move all my appointments back one hour? ...

how to change font on printed copy of outlook calendar week view
When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't find how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could change it on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Randi Steiger;110316 Wrote: > When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't > find > how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could > change it > on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Which version of Outlook? Did you check the page setup options w...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

MS Word file extension changed through e-mail
MS Word .docx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .doc instead. The same is true for MS Excel .xlsx changed to .xls Speak firmly to whoever set up the email system. They have not applied their updates. When the file goes through, it is being recognised as a Microsoft Word file, but the extension is being wrongly changed. Some free-mail web services have a bad habit of doing this. It's not a Word problem, the change is being made either by the sending email program or the receiving email program. Cheers On 24/02/10 2:32 PM, in article 2e082f5...

enforce user change their password every 30 days
Hi we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30 days? Thanks Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server options. You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you don't have this, then the option will be grayed out. I believe SQL Server just enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to set that to password change every 30 days. "mecn" wrote: > Hi > > we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30 > days? > > Than...

Dynamically change pick lists?
Has anyone found a workaround for the following : dynamically change the choices in one pick list based on the selection in a second, associated pick list. I know this question has been asked before, just wondering if someone found a resolution for it. I haven't tried it yet, but it is my understanding that you can write JavaScript code in the OnChange event for the first picklist that will modify the valid values in the second picklist. HTH, Dave >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone found a workaround for the following : > >dynamically change the choices in one pick...

Changing Default Contacts List for E-mail
I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select the other one. How can I change the default list that shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e- mail? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Michael Leu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056501...

CSV, Milliseconds default formatting of mm:ss.0
When I generate some CSV files I need to include milliseconds. When anyone opens the file in Excel (in my case part of Office 2003, SP2) the datetimes appear with a default formatting of mm:ss.0. This is frustrating and appears unprofessional on my part when clients open the file. They assume I have made some sort of mistake. I have already thought of generating using =DATE(blah)+TIME(blah)+millis/(24*60*60*1000) but I don't like the idea. How can I change the default format so that it would be something more sensible and my clients and I could avoid the drudgery of clicking on the...

Change Dots into Commas as Decimal Divider
Hello I wonder if anybody can help? I create a lot of automated reports. These reports include costing and percentages, with several decimal places. In the English format the "1000 Seperator" is a comma, and the decimal places are seperated with a dot. Now the problem: I have to send the reports to clients in mainland Europe, where the "1000 Seperator" is a dot, and the decimal places are seperated with a comma. So far I could only remove the "1000 Seperator" entirely (in Format cells), send it to the Europeans, and they had to change the Comma on the de...

CRM should allow relationships between entities and system users.
I would like the ability to manage relationships between System Users and CRM Entities. We have folks dedicated in varying capacities to any given Account. e.g. - Bob is the Outside Sales contact - Becky is the Service Representitive - John is the Educational Coordinator Each of these may individuals consider an account "theirs" from their own perspective and therefore feel that the Account should show up in the "My Accounts" view. The Single-User Ownership model does not need to be revamped - but perhaps it could be made more flexible through user preferences. A. ...

Change default for opening Outlook 2007
I don't want to go into the inbox when opening Outlook. I want to go into the calendar. I searched and found Microsoft's suggestion at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010347711033.aspx but I kept getting an error that the target I had typed was not valid. How can I go directly into the Calendar portion of Outlook without going into the inbox? Start Outlook and then select Tools | Options | Other tab | Advanced Options button | Browse button to set what folder you want Outlook to show first when starting. "marriedhsdad" <marriedhsdad@discussion...

Outlook 2003 Account Changed by System
An outlook mail account changes it's POP mail server to "localhost" and login to username/mailserver each time the machine is rebooted and Outlook 03 is started again. Problem then arises of not being able to send mail successfully because of the relaying error. OS: WINXP PRO APP: Outlook 2003 Work around seems to be to login securely to the SMTP server to send mail but .... Is this a new way of doing it? Brad It is your antivirus or firewall software that is doing this. Turn off mail scanning in the AV and check your firewall configuration for mail scanning as well. ...