Change OU "Adventure Works Cycle"???

Hi,

today we activated the MBS CRM 1.2 Professional Edition.
After the online registration we got a Licence Key from
MBS that works only with our OU. But we cannot change the
OU "Adventure Works Cycle". And with the sample database
Adventure Works Cycle the key doesn't work...

Do we have another chance to change the OU than installing
CRM again?

Thanx!

Simone
0
Simone
2/9/2004 4:29:58 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You will need to at least reinstall Ms CRM, but before you
do that you need to remove the OU in Active Directory.
There is documentation to assist you in doing this in the
implementation guide (Chapter 20 in 1.2 covers upgrade
options and p374 covers a complete deinstall).

Hope that this helps

Gill

0
Gill
2/9/2004 9:36:57 PM
Ok, but we cannot connect the existing Database, because
the Database belongs to the Adventure Works Cycle...

I will be very gratefully, if someone know the pages in
the Migration Framework Guide that describes the data
migration from CRM 1.2 to CRM 1.2 (so I don't have to read
all 70 pages :s)

Or is there another possibility?

0
Simone
2/10/2004 9:29:06 AM
The CDF tables in the DMF map to the tables in MSCRM, so it shouldn't
be too difficult to load the data from your Adventure Works tables
into the CDF's to be loaded into your new install.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:29:06 -0800, "Simone Bullinger"
<Simone.Bullinger@gmx.de> wrote:

Ok, but we cannot connect the existing Database, because
the Database belongs to the Adventure Works Cycle...

I will be very gratefully, if someone know the pages in
the Migration Framework Guide that describes the data
migration from CRM 1.2 to CRM 1.2 (so I don't have to read
all 70 pages :s)

Or is there another possibility?

0
Matt

HELP ME!!!!
I've got a erro when i want to "Run the Adventure Works Cycle Sample Data Import Wizard" in the microsoft server CRM. There are only 3 windows: - first: "Welcome to the avendture........................." - second: specify Microsoft CRM server URL and when i type the URL, i've got this error message : "This wizard is intended to import "Adventure Works Cycle" sample data only. It cannot be run with the Microsoft CRM deployment currently selected. To run this wizard, you must first install Microsoft CRM under the organization name "Adventu...

CRM 1.2 Adventure Works Cycle
Has anyone successfully used the Adventure Works Cycle sample test company database that comes with CRM 1.2? If so, what is the default admin login ID and password for the company? The systems admin login fails with an HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied error. All attempts to access the CRM URL or User Manager failed. Thanks, Al Whatever AD users you set up for CRM, and the admin account you installed it with. Mike Greaterthantwo Media Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now available for MSCRM. http://www.greaterthantwo.com "Al" <...

Failing to import the sample database: Adventure Works Cycle
I have installed the MSDN Subscriber version of MSCRM. I have installed the license key and have been awarded 6 professional key licenses. I have installed the system and is working. When I want to import the sample database I am getting an error that I don't have enough licenses. What should I do. Joachim, Did you already add the users to CRM? This is a common mistake people make. The sample data load will add the users into CRM and assign licenses to them. If you already did this, the 5 licenses are no longer available. You either need to remove the licenses form the users and...

RE:Failing to import the sample database: Adventure Works Cycle
What did you enter for the organization name? MSDN Subscriber or Adventure Works Cycle? If you entered MSDN Subscriber that is your problem. -----Original Message----- From: Joachim [mailto:joachim@cyberplexafrica.com]=20 Posted At: 03 October 2003 07:36 Posted To: crm Conversation: Failing to import the sample database: Adventure Works Cycle Subject: Failing to import the sample database: Adventure Works Cycle I have installed the MSDN Subscriber version of MSCRM. I=20 have installed the license key and have been awarded 6=20 professional key licenses. I have installed the system and=20 ...

License Key for Adventure Works Cycle
I'm not sure if i'm allowed to ask this on here but.... Would anyone be willing to share their license key for Version 1.2 of Adventure Works Cycle, I have thrown out the paper work that came with the CD figuring I could just pull it off the MSDN site. I don't even have the upgrade info to go the long way to installing my demo server. I have placed a call to tech support but we all know how long that will take, so in the interest of saving time i am hoping someone will share with me. Thanks in advance Greg The adventure-works key can be found in the impementation guide. ...

Adventure Works Cycle Sample Data Import Wizard
install crm 1.2 server with adventure-works test site 6 suite professional license product keys successfully. License manager shows 6 license is installed. Run "Adventure Works Cycle Sample Data Import Wizard" as domain administrator (has suite professional license) and specified 5 users(csr, csr mgr, sales personal..., all these 5 users were granted suite professional licenses ), caught error "You do not have 5 Microsoft CRM Suite Professional licenses available. For more information, contact your system administrator Any idea about this? Thanks a lot! Actually, you shou...

Adventure Works Cycle DB
Hi all ! I would like to know if this is feasible Having Adventure Works DB installed on the CRM server as well as my organisation DB ,and try to manage access to each one of this DB by the business Unit . Thanks. No. The BU's only control segmenting the data within the same DB. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 17 May 2004 13:24:12 -0700, "Yara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi all ! I would like to know if this is feasible Having Adventure Works DB installed on the CRM server as ...

License Key for Adventure Works Cycle
I'm not sure if it's legal to ask on here, but I have tossed the paper work that came with my cds assuming i could get the license key off the MSDN site for Pro Suite version 1.2. (Apparently you can't) I still have 1.0 but don't even have the upgrade key to go the long way and set up my demo machine. For the sake of time (I've placed a call to tech support but we all know how long that could take) is anyone willing to share this info with me? ------=_NextPart_0001_08EF7B17 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The CRM Implementation Guide has a ...

Change OU "Adventure Works Cycle"???
Hi, today we activated the MBS CRM 1.2 Professional Edition. After the online registration we got a Licence Key from MBS that works only with our OU. But we cannot change the OU "Adventure Works Cycle". And with the sample database Adventure Works Cycle the key doesn't work... Do we have another chance to change the OU than installing CRM again? Thanx! Simone You will need to at least reinstall Ms CRM, but before you do that you need to remove the OU in Active Directory. There is documentation to assist you in doing this in the implementation guide (Chapter 20 in 1....

Adventure Works Cycle
Hi all.. I am currently doing the training labs for MSCRM1.2 (exam on Wednesday, Wish me Luck!!) and have run into a wee problem, I have the MSDN 6 user licence for Adventure Works Cycle and have maxed once I Created the default accounts for the demo Database, the training materials that were issued to me have MSCRM1.0 licences on them and are of no use, does anyone know where to get the 15/25 user licence pack?? otherwise I am going to have to start to remove licences from one user to give to another, not Ideal for a training session,, thanks a mill Jay ...

Delete ALL MS Adventure Works Cycle sample data
Is there any easy & quick way of deleting ALL MS Adventure Works Cycle sample data from a MS CRM installation? Not currently. Few options: 1. Restore environment to prior point 2. Restore the CRM databases to prior point 3. Delete all the accounts that was created by the sample data, this will cascade the linked objects.. and manually deleted the rest... Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >Is there any easy & quick way of deleting ALL M...

Designing Report Troubles
Hi, We just tried to customize a report with Visual Studio 2003 We followed the instructions from the book Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0 from MS Press. We downloaded the reports, we set up a project,.. ... not made any changes yet .. ... but the report is not able to preview and brings up the following error "No connection to Adventure_works_cycle" even we made a connection to sa .. and the connection was tested successfully. Why is the report drying to use a database that is not installed? (I know what the adeventure works cycle database is :-)) Why is AWC named in the "...