Change Manager for user

crm3.0, Alan is the manager of Philip. But now, Margaret is the manager of
Philip

Then I logon to CRM as administrator and open the user of "Philip", but I
cannot change the manager of Philip.

Why?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Oh I got it.
Cannot change from the user form, but can change from the list.

"Goldensun" wrote:

> crm3.0, Alan is the manager of Philip. But now, Margaret is the manager of
> Philip
>
> Then I logon to CRM as administrator and open the user of "Philip", but I
> cannot change the manager of Philip.
>
> Why?

Error opening the Workflow Manager
Hi everybody ! I have this error when I attempt to open the Workflow manager (my installation is new and I never opened the workflow Managerbefore): "Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow service has not been started or is not configured correctly" My configuration is: - Windows 2003 SRV STD - Exchange 2003 - SQL 2005 w/ reporting services 2005. Apart from that, everything is working properly. I can login the system, generate reports, manage entities, everything. I can even open the Workflow Monitor! Am'I missing something in the configuratio...

Can I change the default syle for a chart?
I have toyed around with using macros to reformat data, but what I would really like to do is make a particular format the default, but can't seem to find out how to do that. Select a chart in your workbook Choose Chart>Chart Type Select one of the chart types and subtypes, then click 'Set as default chart' OR Select the Custom Types tab, and set one of the built-in or user-defined charts as the default Jon Peltier has information on custom chart types on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Argus Finch wrote: > I hav...

Find and Replace Permissions change on Public Folders
OK, I've been tasked with changing permissions on Hundreds of public folders. We are bringing up a thousand new security groups in a new naming convention, they are going to replace Mail enabled security groups currently assigned to public folders. How can I simplify this process? Is there a tool that performs a function like "subinACL" that will perform a Find/Replace on public folders? pfDavadmin might be able to help you out. It can export permissions and you can modify the permissions file and then import them back. "dnilson@gmail.com" wrote: > OK, I'...

How do I change line spaces in an envelope on word
I have tried Jay's solution but it doesn't work for me. I must have an earlier version of Word. I have managed to change line spaces in a document but when I try to create an address on a label or Envelope it prints in double spacing. Envelope addresses are formatted with the envelope address paragraph style - see http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http:...

User ID has disappeared
Using XP professional. Installed new memory card. When computer started up went to windows page where "click your user id & enter your password" shows up on left side of screen but no user id or password box shows up on right side of screen. Went to safe mode & these showed up so ran system restore but still won't work in regular mode. Are you talking about the Welcome screen?, so there is the user name but no area to type the password. What happens if you click on the user name. Does it come back if you take out the memory you have added. Neil "Sus...

Centrally manage Cashiers and Sales Reps
Anyone know the best way to centrally manage cashiers and sales reps from HQ? We have a bunch of stores and HQ and need a way to handle all cashier setup and sales reps setup. Thanks, Bradley How are your stores connected? I have four stores and we use a VPN to connect the stores to HQ. Iam lucky in that all of my locations are served by the same cable company, so my traffic never really hits 'the internet' - it stays on the cable providers' network at all times. My response time for a ping is rarely over 70ms from the furthest store. I am able to connect to any store...

Integration Manager for Items
Can I use integration manager to update the Item Class on the Item Master WITHOUT having the Item Class values 'roll down' from the class to the item? thanx ...

Business Portal User able to modify Shared Web Part Regradless of
I was under the impression user in the Reader role can not modified any shared Web Part but that was not the case. I am running BP2.5 with GP 8. Any one else had this problem and if there are any work around?? ...

Font color changed
Font color changed to black when using save as PDF function in Publisher 2007, no matter what color I used in text box. Any idea? thanks Are you getting colors anywhere in the pdf file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JALU" <JALU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:415D9130-FC38-49A1-91AF-936A2A1679C1@microsoft.com... > Font color changed to black when using save as PDF function in Publisher > 2007, no matter what color I used in text box. Any idea? thanks Only TEXT are co...

Change unit cost for Miscellaneous Items
Dynamics GP Sales Order Processing does not allow editing of unit cost for all item types. Please include an option to allow us to change the unit cost for for miscellaneous, service and flat fee items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

Adding a changing number of cells.
I am trying to add up part of a row of numbers. The number of cells in the row that I am trying to add will change depending on a variable in another cell. For instance, if there are numbers in the range a1:t1, I am trying to obtain the sum of the range that will always start with cell a1 and end with ?1 where "?" corresponds to a number in cell b1. The number in b1 is a variable and will change occasionaly based on other conditions. So if the number in cell b1 is "6" I would want the sum of a1:f1. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, Thanks One way: =SUM(...

Change one page in publication to landscape orientation
I'm trying to change one page in a multi-page publication to landscape. However, I want the others to remain as portrait orientation. Is this possible? I can't find anything in online Help or on the MS Office website. As a temporary work around, I have just turned the text on the page to look like landscape orienation. DS <DS@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm trying to change one page in a multi-page publication to > landscape. However, I want the others to remain as portrait > orientation. Is this possible? I can't find a...

How to best manage documentation
Using SBS 2003 and WSS 3.0 Hello all, We are trying to use WSS 3 to our advantage by keeping our documentation better organized, but are having problems figuring out the best way to do this. We have many procedures for each department. The way we organize it now is to have one Excel doc with links to each document. This way, when we have a new employee start, we go into the Excel doc and click on each link, open each document, and print each one, one at a time. We could do the same thing with WSS but are trying to figure out if there's a simpler or better way. Is there ...

change histroy printing
I was wondering if there's any way to print out the change history that was made to a spreadsheet showing the user, date, time and what the changes were. Thanks Thin ...

Change a cell's value using a button
Hi - I know its possible but have no idea how to do it - How do I set up a cell with two buttons attached to it that increase and decrease the value in the cell? I.e. if I have a cell with 10% in it and hit the "up" button, the number goes up by 0.5% and down by the same amount if I hit the "down" button? I am pretty good in Excel but dont know anything about macros - but Im really not sure where you find this function. Thanks for your help in advance anyone! -- Ashley No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than 2 buttons. Follow these steps: 1. Go to...

Date when I last change cell in a row?
Please, Help. In my database, every row represents a separate client. I wonder if it is possible to input the date when I last changed any value in a particular row. This way I will know when exactly I last updated the information for client in row 4, 5 etc. I don't need the date when the document was last saved. Please, let me know if it can be done in Excel. Thank you, Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Row = 5 Then Me.Range("H1").Value = Date ...

Change all Chart Legend FONT sizes across entire spreadsheet
Have file folders with dozens of spreadsheets and noticed the CHART LEGEND fonts a too BIG. I'd like to change ALL chart legend font sizes on all worksheets in a spreadsheet at once.. using a tool or script, etc. Any solutions? There are simply too many charts to open and change fonts individually. -G The following code will change the font size in all charts in the active workbook: '======================= Sub ChangeLegendFont() Dim chObj As ChartObject Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ch As Chart Dim lFont As Long lFont = 6 'set the font size For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Works...

Change Display Units property with VBA
Hello, I would like to dynamically change the units on my graph within my powerpoint presentation using VBA. The Powerpoint group has site has been down for a couple of days so I have not been able to send my question in. I would think the code might be similar to that in excel so I'm hoping someone can help me here. Can someone help some code that allows me to change the "Display Units" property found under the "Format Axis --> Scale" menu in the graphs? thank You, Jenise In article <1168541545.394773.220220@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, jwilliam@alte...

Changing computer
Hi, I'm about to sell my Dell pc on which I recently installed Microsoft Home & Student 2007. Do I just un-install it and then re-install it on the new one? Is it illegal (or stupid) to leave it on the computer? And how would I go about moving my Word files from old to new? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks Sal If you leave it installed, you must also give them the disks. (And yes, that would be stupid - sorry.) If you intend to keep the disks and the license for yourself, you must uninstall it. Move your files with a USB drive or burn them to a CD. You could...

How do I change a data label on an xy scatter to a unique name as.
The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? Hi, Try one of these free addin to link cells to data labels. This way you can have a single data series rather than multiples. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy SOSCIENT wrote: > The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data > point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

color transition (color changes from dark color to light color)
How Can I change background color from one color to the transition of this color ie. from dark color to light color? Set the background to the first color. Put your text or pictures on the slide. Copy the slide and past it next in the presentation. Now go to the new slide you just duplicated. Format the background to the new color. Set the slide transition to Fade. Now hen you click to transition the slide, the color will fade from one to the other while your text and pictures remain the same. It will look like the background simply changed colors. "color transition&q...

Change 'Active' Window?
I would like to change the 'active' window (from the Access DB to another application). I have Dynamics GP open and am currently using an Access DB. I would like to change the active window to GP and run a macro (if possible). Would I do this with a shell command? Any help that you can provide is welcome. Thanks. G ...

Dynamicly change spreadsheet tab names depending on cell value
Is it possible to change tab names dynamicaly ? For example i have 31 tab (1 for each day of the month) These tabs are named - 1,2,3 e.t.c Is it possible to define rule that would ad "!" to day which is weekend day. In other words is it possible to dynamicly change tab name depending from value of cell ? If this is possbile how do i do this ? Right-click on the spreadsheet tab, select View Code and paste this in:- Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value End Sub To test this I put the date in cell B2 and this formula into A1:- =TEX...

CISCO Call Manager integration
Does anyone have experience in integrating CRM with CISCO's VOIP Call Manager solution? We are looking for people who have successfully implemented the two systems and can assist us in network design, implementation and management. We are a CISCO partner, where are you located? "IPnewdevdude" wrote: > Does anyone have experience in integrating CRM with CISCO's VOIP Call Manager > solution? We are looking for people who have successfully implemented the > two systems and can assist us in network design, implementation and > management. ...

Changing the 'Mark item as read when selection changes' at runtime
Hi, Outlook version 2007 VS2008 Using VSTO and Redemption I need to change the following settings at runtime Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane Wait [ ] seconds before marking the item as read. Mark item as read when selection changes. All the above settings are on a form found here: Tools --> Options --> Other --> Reading Pane The registry settings are stored in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences] I know how to change the registry settings but I don't know to re-load these settings again without ...