Change License / Company name

Hi,
we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user
Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production
server. Is there an easy way to do this??
The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework.

Erik.

0
Erik
9/8/2004 7:38:40 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How about the re-deploy tool?

"Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25
> user
> Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production
> server. Is there an easy way to do this??
> The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework.
>
> Erik.

0
Rihan
9/9/2004 10:21:14 PM
Tnx, this will solve my problem !!!

"Rihan Meij" <Rihan@liquidthought.co.za> wrote in message
> How about the re-deploy tool?
>

> "Erik" <none> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25
> > user
> > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the
production
> > server. Is there an easy way to do this??
> > The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework.
> >
> > Erik.

0
Erik

word changes my input language

how do I change the size of the y-axis label?
The Y-axis label is being cut off, even when I change the font size. Any suggestions? Alex, Unfortunately the chart labels as sometimes difficult to work with. You might try deleting the Y axis label and then replacing the label with a textbox. You can use the drawing toolbar access a textbox to put into your chart. Alternatively, just select the chart and start typing. You should see your text appear in the formula bar. When finished, hit the enter key and your text should appear in a textbox within the chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Alex&quo...

Check Names Will Not Let Me Send Email
Hello, I am trying to send an email. I have entered an email address in the to section that I do not want to save to my contacts file. Outlook will not let me send unless I do. This was not happening before last week when my computer crashed and was fixed. How do I get Outlook to let me send my email without saving the contact? My contacts files will become huge if I have to save the email address of every single person I write to. Please help. And thanks in advance. Candy "Candy" <Candy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1841587...

changing cell reference via another cell
I have a spreadsheet with a tab (called calc) containing columns of calculations. The next tab (called D) contains a diagram which pulls numbers off of column D of the calc tab. I copy tab D to a new tab (by right clicking on the tab and selecting copy) and I rename the new tab as E. I want the cells in tab E to reference column E in the calc tab. Currently, I do a Find/Replace, changing 'calc'!D to 'calc'!E. Is there a way I can automate this so I don't have to do the Find/Replace. I was hoping I could just type E in a cell on tab E and it would be set ...

Identify and delete the specified objects names
I used the following code that allows me to identify and delete a specific object in the worksheet via a user interface. The code works this morning but don't know why, when or how, this Runtime Error 1004: Application or object-defined error. appears at the line every time the program tries to delete the object. Someone suggested me to use clean registry but I have not really tried it yet. Is there a way to avoid this problem? I hope to find a simple way that can perform the same function as the following code? Your advice or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Change events
Can someone please provide me with an example of a change event where, if a value from a formula in column A (all formulas) changes to let's say "apples" have it trigger "macro1", if the value from a formula in column A changes to "oranges" let it trigger "macro2". Then to complicate matters, worse, I'd like to be able to expand on it to look at columns "B", "C" and "D" (again all formulas) and look for "pears", and so on....to trigger other macros....Please advise, Steve I left out one other important n...

Range names #2
Group' I am using excel 2003 and when I make a new workbook, I typically make a spreadsheet then copy it, rename it and continue this several times. The spreadsheet is used to track data from laboratory experiment results. The problem is that when I copy the sheet I get a warning message that says that the destination sheet contains the same range name as the original, and asks me if I want to use the same name or rename it. The problem is that I do not have any ranges named, and when I look under insert - name - define, There is a whole list of named ranges referring to a path that does n...

Changing default pst #2
About a week ago I posted asking how make my wife's pst the default when I open Outlook. (My PDA syncs, I thought, with the default pst.) I received some ideas but changing the default did not work. Now I have a question. When I click on mine ('husband'), right-click, I see 'Properties for Outlook Today.' When I right-click my wife's ('wife.pst'), I see 'Properties for wife.pst.' Any easy way to attach my wife's pst to 'Outlook today' and make mine the 'husband.pst?' old guy <jlunis@charter.net> wrote: > About a ...

can't save
Write using Word - 2007 - Windows 7 When I try to shut word file down with the red "close" button - Word/Windows will not close. Even after saving the files - the "word document" simply stays open Hope you have some help....I've been frustrated for weeks. Even tried a Word Uninstallment (didn't work) - and tried a COMPLETE Office 2007 Series Uninstall - No luck.... Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Pete firpro1@comcast.net Add the CLOSE command button to your Quick Access Toolbar. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &qu...

How do I insert a user name in a UNC file path?
Hi All, I have a customer with a mixed Linux XP network. When I go to administer things on the server, with Linux I can state the user name in the path: smb://foo@server/drivers I will be asked for the password for foo and happy camping starts. This is really useful for adding things to private shares. Question: in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), is there a way to do this with XP? How do I stick the username into the UNC path? Many thanks, -T On 4/23/2010 2:09 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a customer with a mixed Linux XP n...

Change order of items in a legend
Hello, how do I change the order of items that appear in a legend. I have a legend below a chart that displays: x = red y = blue z = yellow and I would like to display z = yellow x = red y = blue Thanks in advance Format a series, options, change series order. -- Best Regards, Luke M "bmac" <bmac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8777224C-B769-45E7-A31E-08BC9CCCF516@microsoft.com... > Hello, how do I change the order of items that appear in a legend. > I have a legend below a chart that displays: > x = red y = blue z = yellow...

Run a macro when cell value changes
I have a macro that I would like to run, onlly when a particular cel value reaches a pre-defined value. I really do not know how to do this - I have looked on help features but to no avail. any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>save Now when cell c1 calculates to >32 your macro will fire Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Range("c1") > 32 Then call yourmacro ' MsgBox "Hi" End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Emea training >&quo...

Change button right before the formula field
Hello everyone, Right before where you enter values/formulas you have a button. In some Excel versions it is a "=" button that you can push this if you want to. Now I have a FUNCTION button there instead and that is somewhat irretating. Does someone know how I can change the button right before the formulafield? The = icon disappeared in newer versions of excel (xl2002???). You can add an = icon Tools|customize|commands tab|Insert category (Scroll down the list until you find the = icon) And drag it to your favorite toolbar (nicely positioned). It's not quite the same, ...

How to programmatically get the library name by serial number
Hello, I am writing a script to lock/unlock a library door. I know the library's serial number. How do I get the DPM's library name to use with "Lock-DPMLibraryDoor -DPMLibrary <Library>..."? Thanks, Nick Here is sample script to get the Library matching a serial number and to unlock it: $DPMLib = Get-DPMLibrary MyServer | where { $_.SerialNumber -match "L0CHGRFC4D53BFCBEFDE11869B00155" } Lock-DPMLibraryDoor -DPMLibrary $DPMLib For more information about any power shell object and its members, try Get-Member -inputobject $MYO...

Associate name with email
I have a column of names and a column of email addresses. Is there any way to merger them into a single hyperlink that shows the name and sends to the email address? Hi jswafa Try this : With the names in column A and the E-mail addresses in column B try this Sub test() For Each myCell In Columns("B").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) If myCell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=myCell.Offset(0, -1), _ Address:="mailto:" & myCell.Value, TextToDisplay:=myCell.Offset(0, -1).Value ...

Naming Site ID's
How would someone go about assigning a name to Site ID's that show up on PO's for "Ship To". The issue is, when you go to Cards>>Inventory>>Site you can input the site id, and address information, but not the friendly name of the site itself. This is important because as we select a site ID for shipping to, for a specific line item on a PO, it will only show the address and not the name... Furthermore, if you go to the item detail screen, you will notice that the Site ID is locked in, in the lower right side, and if you expand the detail of the site, it is...

Change button caption on each click
How to change button caption from "Check All" to "Check None" when clicked, and change back when click again (toggle)? Because of space limitation, I don't want to create 2 separate buttons. When click Check All, I update the field to -1 When click Check None, I update the field to 0 Thanks Something like this in the button's click event. With Me.cmdBtnName If .Caption = "Check All" Then .Caption = "Check None" ElseIf .Caption = "Check None" Then .Caption = "Check All" End If End...

changing the reply address for Outlook 2003
I have two accounts defined in Outlook 2003: one that connects to my Exchange server and another that connects to a web-based IMAP account. I've set the IMAP account as the default and changed the reply to address. My outgoing server is also set to the IMAP server. However, every message I send goes out with the default reply address of my Exchange account. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do to fix this? Outlook Express handles it correctly. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet message...

Change Value on Combo Box upon event
Is there a way that I can change the value on a Combo Box to the last record in its record source? I have a combo box that displays Fiscal Years, from 2000 to Current fiscal year 2007. Users can select any year they wish to pull data from based on the year selected. However, I want the combo Box to change its value to the current Fiscal year (which is the last record presented to them when they select the drop down) based on a specific event. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks! heyy try: Me.CourseID = Me.CourseID.ItemData(Me.CourseID.ListCount - 1) cheers jeff "Angel_G" ...

Columns Names are missing
Funny Problem CRM Dev Server = Win2000 CRM Production Server = Win2003 I Did Some Form Customization on the Dev server for Testing and user Approval for the Production server I add some new Schema Fields and added the fields to the Forms I than Exported it from the Dev Server. Imported it to the Production Server, did the Publishing and run iisreset ALL OK and great BUT When CRM users open CRM the Columns Names are missing And if I go in to System Customization No names in the Fields Appears And If I Want to ADD new Fields or Columns it gives Me an Error (IE Script E...

Change Excel Icon
Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? Many Thanks. Kevin. Right click the icon, go to properties, select Change Icon. "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3D14AE-46DA-4D03-944F-B04BF1DA0D8C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a > shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? > > Many Thanks. > > Kevin. Kevin AFAIK you cannot change the icon for the Excel.exe...

Language change 04-26-10
Hi My OS is Windows-7.My hotmail Account is in English.I’ve accidently downloaded the German version of Windows Live Mail by mistake.I corrected my mistake after mail from my hotmail account had been downloaded by uninstalling Windows Mail. Then I reinstalled Windows Live Mail in English. When I opened it I was surprised to see that some words were still in German i.e. Inbox was written Posteingang,Drafts-Gesendete Objecte,Deleted Items-Gelöschte Objecte. Can somebody please show me how to correct this. Many thanks I've found the solution to my problem. Solution:...

FRx WebPortal Needs End User Password Change Capability
The FRx WebPortal (currently we're using 6.5.184, but I understand this feature is missing from newer versions as well) should have functionality to permit WebPortal vistors to change their own password. Thanks, I look forward to hearing why/why not this will/will not be a feature in a future release. -- Bill Kershner ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 & changing physicall servers
Hello! I have question regarding physicall server change when upgrading CRM from 3.0 to 4.0? Does change of physicall server change situation with upgrade if I want all data to be also in new CRM? Thank you in advance for help. Is your new physical server going to be 32 bits or 64 bits OS? Review the following link for ideas: http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A2586C4AB938C065!310.entry Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Liega Buracevska" wrote: > Hello! > I have question regarding physicall server change when upgradi...

Problem in creating a company
Hi, I am getting the following error I have a company in service pack two but the other companies are not getting upgraded to service pack II, i am getting an sql error which shows the version of one database is different from another.. This is the error i am getting A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version, you will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Any help is appreciated Regards Reddy Well, first, all db's should be upgraded. But the error message means that there is a 3rd party product or GP Addo...