Change control workflow

Does anyone have any experience creating a change control workflow? For
example if we want all firewall changes to have an audit trail, and we need
someone other than who did the work to cross-check and sign it off before
that ticket can be closed?

Many thanks,
Adam

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Still get limit warnings after change
I have been working with my E2K3 server to enable more convienient use of the Mail message warning limit. I installed the Quota message service which works very well but when i change a users limits and/or the limits set in the ESM console (mailbox store properties) i am still getting a warning for a user who is now within limits. Is there a lag time? can i manually update something? so the user doesn't receive limit warnings anymore?? Quota changes can take up to two hours to take effect. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" &q...

Direct Deposit should let me change the code.
The service class code cannot be changed in the ACH file. It defaults to 200 which is a mixed batch of debits and credits. Only credits can be created in direct deposit (we cannot take money out of the employee's accounts) so the code should be 220. The setup should include a way to change the field if the bank requests it. ...

Picture Control on a MFC Dialog
I want to display a static bitmap on my MFC dialog - so I added the bitmap as a resource to my project and added a picture control to the dialog in the Dialog Editor. On the property page for the control the Image property is grayed out(?) There's a KB article that says "associate the control with a bitmap type (SS_BITMAP style) and an image by specifying a bitmap resource ID" but there aren't any properties that would allow those settings... My question is how do you get a bitmap into a picture control? Or is a picture control even the correct control to use for a sta...

Changing parent record does not carry over to child record
We have an issue where updating the parent record or child record does not update their related attributes. If I need to update a contact's last name, say in the case where the contact takes the last name of their spouse, the related child record does not reflect the same changes in those related attributes. From the child side, if I reparent a child record, the related attributes do not reflect the new parent record (it keeps the original parent's related attribute values). So, my question is what type of relationship should I be using in order to have changes reflected bet...

OWA Change Password Button Disappears
Hi, I have 1 front-end 2003 OWA server connected to various Exchange 2003 back-end servers. I have enabled the Change passowrd button via the registry change, and the creation of the IISadmpwd virtual directory in IIS. This worked fine, and the change passowrd button worked ok. All of a sudden the Change Password button dissapeared from the Option menu in OWA. The registry cahnge and virtual directory is still intact and running. Any ideas on why the OWA Change Password button would just disappear? Thanks I'm assuming you're talking about the following registry key: HKLM\Syst...

TreeView Control
Does anyone know of a good, free XML TreeView Control for .NET that I can display and edit XML from a source file? Thanks in advance, Chris ...

SFO error message "write protected change are not synchronized" 06-22-05
Hi! When I am changing (closing) an kalender activity from my CRM SFO klient i recieve an message that "The item is write protected in Microsoft CRM. Changes are not synchronized to the Microsoft CRM system" (translatet error message). Do you have any ide what i wrong? ...

Segment ID for Sites in Inventory Control Setup
I am looking for the steps to change the 'Segment ID for Sites' option in inventory control setup. Currently our option is set to 'Location' and I would like to change to 'Department' We have never assigned a 'location' to our inventory sites, so we have never used this option. Would like to start using it by department. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. thanks! -- Doug IF YOU HAVE NEVER USED SITE SEGMENTS...... You can change the value in the Inventory setup table (IV40100 I think) using the SQL Management Studio. Do this before cha...

Change View in Outlook 2003
My Inbox in Outlook 2003 has changed from "Today", "Yesterday", "Wednesday", "Last Week" to a single cascade under "Older". All my emails are under this banner, as I receive them. There is no breakdown whatsoever. Microsoft site said: 1. On the View menu, point to Arrange By, point to Current View, and then click Define Views. 2. In the Views for folder folder name box, click the view (view: Views give you different ways to look at the same information in a folder by putting it in different arrangements and formats. There are standard v...

Microsoft Query is changing a negative number into a date
I am using Microsoft Query to pull a subset of a large excel file however two of my columns which are suppose to be numbers are not pulling in the negative numbers. If I look at the query in microsoft database the number shows up as a date/time string. I've tried formatting the original number as a number but the query still won't read the negative number. How do I get the query to read a negative number as a number and not a date. Hi Highlight the columns and format as a date "mowens" wrote: > I am using Microsoft Query to pull a subset of a large ex...

How do I change button images to display text in Excel 2007?
Older versions of Excel allow you to assign textual description to button as well as icon pictures. How do you do this in Excel 2007 i.e. I have a macro to format minus numbers as red and in brackets. I want the button image to display (0.00) but Excel 2007 only allows (as far as I can see) the user to assign a predefined image. When you selected the preset image, did you fill in the Display name with (0.00)? "mch831" <mch831@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:066D07FB-1A71-4F95-894F-94721B92D745@microsoft.com... > Older versions of Excel allow you to...

How do I change Excel licensed name?
Hi, When I first activated MS Office Suite, I put in my name and company. Now for all my Office applications (Word, Excel etc.), when I look at the "About" box, it'll say "This product is licensed to: Ngan". How do I change that since I want to make it something else. Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ there are two ways to do it, that i know of. one is to reinstall the application, so that you can enter the new nam that you want displayed. second is to go into registry, look for 'Ngan' and replace all th instances w...

I want to do something when a CEdit Control, how can I do?
I want to do something when a CEdit Control, how can I do? sorry! I want to do something when a CEdit Control losing its input focus, how can I do? "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� news:uXZxMiLtDHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Your question is too vague. > > "Marco" <sorry@nomail.com> wrote in message > news:uGV8ncLtDHA.1788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > I want to do something when a CEdit Control, how can I do? > > > > > > Your question is too vague. "Marco" <sorry@nomail.com> wrote in ...

records change
how to keep track the changes of the records. Eg, my sheet1 i have this record, client name client address lee blk 323 loo blk 456 sheet 2 client name client address lee blk 888 loo blk 456 how can i use the IF formula to detect the change of the client address eg for this scenario is client name lee address has been changed to blk 888 ? One way... Entered on Sheet1 cell C2 then copied down as needed: =IF(COUNT(MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A$2:A$20,0)),IF(VLOOKUP(A...

FORMULA CHANGES
First the spreadsheet we are talking about here was created in Excel '97 and I am now using Excel 2003. In each row I have a formula in column P that sums cells in the I & J columns. Ex.(=SUM(I1:J1) I am having a problem when I am filling out a row and enter something into the cell in the I column then enter a figure into the K COLUMN it is changing the fomula in column P to =SUM(I1:K1). IN OTHERWORDS, IT IS NOW INCLUDING THE CELL IN COLUMN K. Now, what is even more interesting is when I don't enter anything in to I column but enter something into J column it doesn't c...

Network Printers
This is a setup I inherited. Some of the IP addresses that are within the DHCP scope are being used as static IPs on network printers that are shared out on the servers. I'd like to fix this mess, and others with DNS, by changing the static IPs on these printers. I've never done this. If I were to change the static IP on a printer will users that are connected to that printer loose their connection to that printer? I know it is shared out by it's NetBios name. Is this possible, without having to go to every computer and changing their printer setup? Thanks ...

Change outlook Identitty for meeting requests
I have 4 different email accounts set up with outlook. One of them is an Exchange account. One of my POP accounts is already setup as my default and all regular email works good. The problem is, whenever I send a meeting request, Outlook sends the email using the identity of my Exchange account, regardless of which "Account" is specified in the Accounts pulldown. If I specify one of my pop accounts in the meeting request, it only uses that smtp server as the sender, then the recipient gets an email from exchange identity, and the reply is also as such. How can I set the identity of...

referring to an Active x spreadsheet control
Hi, I have a requirement to develop a form which enables users to write a complex calculation and save the result. There are over a hundred calculations and which one to use is triggered by a value in the data. Just to make things more complicated, the calculations change over time. The users are not sql query proficient and I could write a query builder for them but it occurs to me that a potentially simpler solution would be to use an active x spreadsheet which would take some values from the form which are then manipulated by the spreadsheet and then 'post out' to a...

How I teste if a Contact has no Account in Workflow Manager?
Hi, I am created a rule who need test if a contact has no=20 account.=20 In the Workflow manager I insert a condition and a test of=20 object condition, but I can't test if a contact has no=20 account, only if the account of the contact is equal or=20 not equals to other.=20 Somebody can help me? Thank you for pay attention and sorry my bad english. []=B4s Vin=EDcius Hola Vinicius I checked this and didn't get it as well. You could use the sdk creating an userdefiend workflow. Steffen "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo" <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

HELP!! Cannot change GAL Permissions with ADSI Edit
Here's what happend: Change GAL permisions using Exchange System Manager. Deny Read access to authenticated users by mistake. When I tried to go back in to the properties of the GAL it would not let me. I closed the ESM and opened it again. Now I don't even see the GAL. I used ADSI Edit and was able to see it there. Try to change the permissions there but it doesn't let me open the container properties. I get the following message: "an invalid directory path name was passed". Please help. Thanks. If it at least pulls up the window then you need to keep hitti...

Adding Time Cell Was Changed
Column A has different values (these are not important). In column B I want to show the time that say cell A1 was changed. I have tried several methods but all result in all the times in column B being changed to the same time. Can anyone help? Many thanks. see http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html In article <532607C4-B90C-4963-81DB-88F93753D803@microsoft.com>, "Andy Rads" <ajrsar@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > Column A has different values (these are not important). In column B I want > to show the time that say cell A1 was changed. I have trie...

Form crashes when a design change is made.....HELP
I really need some help with understanding this problem. I have a form, which has a subform linked by a ChildID. When I went to make some changes to this form, in Design mode, it suddenly crashed Access (and then Access wanted to send an error report to MS). It didn't matter what I did, I could delete the subform however, as soon as I tried to save the changes to the main form, it crashed. Did the same with a back-up copy. The only thing I could do was to re-create the form from scratch. So, I'm guessing the form must have been corrupt, but how and why? It was a very normal fo...

Category will not Delete / Category changes when email moves to Trash folder
My email is imap. Deleted emails are directed to the Trash folder. All in coming emails are received with the Category of =93None=94 (no Rules). Recently when emails are Deleted from the In Box and transferred into the Trash folder Entourage changes those emails to the Category named eBay (one of my Categories) from None. If the destination folder is redefined, the problem goes away. The odd thing is when I go to Edit / Category / Edit Categories the Category named eBay can be edited or duplicated, but not Deleted. (Button does not activate) All other Categories act normal. Because ...

How to change investment "Category" ??
I have M-2004, and now I remember why I hate it so much. After the first few frustrating weeks I abandoned trying to do invoicing and bookkeeping, and have only used it for investment tracking since. And it is barely able to do that. I've tried and clicked and poked and prodded, but I cannot figure out how to edit the "Category" of any particular fund that I hold. Right click, left click, tools/options, "see details," nothing nothing. HELP?????????????? By "category" do you mean asset allocation? It is what Money thinks it is. You can't fix/improve it...

Want ActiveX control To display Office Document?
Hi all, I want activex control which can display word file data in that. Are there any such available with out of box VC++ 6. How it can be achived with container type activex ? Thank in advance. Jetli http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243058/ "Jay Chadderwala" <jay.chadderwala@emsure.com> д����Ϣ����:d816dc54.0502010501.717fb6bb@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > > > I want activex control which can display word file data in that. > > Are there any such available with out of box VC++ 6. > > How it can be achived with container type activex ? > &g...