Change "Close Opportunity" form

How can i change the "Close Opportunity"-form? We've installed a Dutch
version of CRM, so I don't know how the topmenu-values are called, but here's
a guess:

When you are in an Opportunity and you click on Actions -> "Close
Opportunity...", there will pop-up a form. And i want to change that form but
i can't find it....
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

What do you want to change?  The only thing you can control on this form (in
a supported manner) is the list of values in the drop downs.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"AmonRa" <AmonRa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
How can i change the "Close Opportunity"-form? We've installed a Dutch
version of CRM, so I don't know how the topmenu-values are called, but
here's
a guess:

When you are in an Opportunity and you click on Actions -> "Close
Opportunity...", there will pop-up a form. And i want to change that form
but
i can't find it....

0
Matt

Close Opportunity = Server Error in '/' Application
We have crm 3.0 that has been running live at a client for 3 weeks. Imported 20,000+ contact and account records and have been through the entire sales cycle without incident on exisiting account/contact records as well as new lead/account/contact/opportunity records. Today, with no system or server changes, and the system in use, we got the error below when trying to close an opportunity. Has anybody had a similar experience? Any suggestions as to potential cause deeply appreciated! Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. ---------------...

Close Opportunity 05-04-04
Problem: Form that pops up when I close an Opportunity cannot be configured. Requirement: When an opportunity is closed as Lost I would like to capture additional information about the competitor. I can add the necessary fields to the object OpportunityCloseActivity, however, I'll need to make a custom form with those fields and have the form displayed trigger e.g. by a workflow change status event. Question: Does anyone have an idea where to find a 'complete' example on how to make a custom form? Rgds, Per ...

Close Opportunity programmatically
Is it possible to close opportunity programmatically using callouts or client script? For example, if I will change the value of some field on the form and save the changes, crm calls PostUpdate callout and depending on the the field value close opportunity with different status. Or, if I will use onSave() or onChange() events and close opportunity using javascript. What kind of code I should use? Should I create new Opportunity Close entity? You can close opportunity in a PostUpdate callout by using one of the following CRM service messages: SetStateOpportunity WinOpportunity Lose...

Close Opportunity
I want to add an extra field to Close Opportunity (Won) dialog. But I cannot find where to add it. Is it possible? if so, how? Attribute or Entity to change? Hi, It is not possible to add new field on close oppty form. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "GreenTurtle" wrote: > I want to add an extra field to Close Opportunity (Won) dialog. But I cannot > find where to add it. Is it possible? if so, how? Attrib...

Close opportunity #2
Hello everybody, I know I have no posibility to customise the "opportunityclose" -entity but I need to change some attributes. In my example I like to change the statuscode values. Thanks for your help You need to customize opportunity entity, statuscode attribute (Status Reason) "Gerd Gottschall" <GerdGottschall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73847649-7E5F-443C-9600-BCC2089E3B24@microsoft.com... > Hello everybody, I know I have no posibility to customise the > "opportunityclose" -entity but I need to change some attributes....

Change "Close Opportunity" form
How can i change the "Close Opportunity"-form? We've installed a Dutch version of CRM, so I don't know how the topmenu-values are called, but here's a guess: When you are in an Opportunity and you click on Actions -> "Close Opportunity...", there will pop-up a form. And i want to change that form but i can't find it.... What do you want to change? The only thing you can control on this form (in a supported manner) is the list of values in the drop downs. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "AmonRa" <AmonRa@discussions.microsoft.com...

RE: customize close opportunity dialog...
is there any way to make the comptetitor a required field when closing an opportunity as lost? Sunish Hi Sunish, There is not a good way to do this today. It's cool feature idea and I've forwarded to the PM who owns this area of the product. Regards Alex -- This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights. "Sunish Abraham" wrote: > is there any way to make the comptetitor a required field when closing an > opportunity as lost? > > Sunish > > > ...

Close Opportunity 07-04-07
I have a client that has buried lots of important information in the description field on the Close Opportunity form. They would like me to build a report that spits that back to them so they can analyze it. I can't seem to find where that information is stored. Can anyone point in the right direction? It's in the opportunityclose entity, and I assume there's a corresponding FilteredOpportunityClose SQL view for reporting. -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Bob" wrote: > I have a client that has buried lots o...

close opportunity permission error
I am aware of the issue that users must have permission to 'read' quotes 'write' opportunity and (I think) 'create' Activity in order to be able to close and opportunity (won/lost). I created a new role that has the above permissions and has 'read' access to most other entities (other than misc privileges) Users of that role received an 'insufficient permissions' error when closing opportunites. I modified the role so it has 'organization' level rights to all levels (read, write, delete, append etc) of Opportunity, Activity, and Quote, an...

Opporunity Close Opportunity Question
The Close Opporunity form has a description field on it, which does not transfer either the Topic or Description field contents from the Opportunity form into it. When we enter information into that field, we have been unable to locate into which SQL table it goes into. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks! Shauna Found it after some searching in the ActivityBase table. Does this field get pulled into any of the Opporunity reports? I have looked at most of them and they appear to pull in the Topic and Description fields from the Opportunities General Tab, not the Closed Opport...

Customize Close Opportunity form?
Is it possible to add customize the Close Opportunity form in order to add new required data fields? I can't find this form in the System Customization section of the Settings area. I've added 2 new schema objects to the Opportunity entity and would like to add them to this form. Similar to actual revenue, the information is not known until the opportunity is either won or lost. Hi, I don't think the "close opportunity" screen can be modified with current CRM 1.2 version. Regards, Lia Budiman "Gary Bell" wrote: > Is it possible to add customize...

Is there a way to add "Close Opportunity" to Opportunity toolbar?
What is the best way to add the "Close Opportunity" action to the Opportunity toolbar? My boss is concerned that it is kind of "hidden" in the Actions menu. Do I add it to the ISVConfig or Sitemap files? If so, is there a way to reference actions, or would I have to reference the Close Opportunity dialog page directly? Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Thanks, Robyn The guys on the Technology Convergence blog posted a great article on modifying the menus on CRM forms using scripting http://www.tconv.com/blogs/crm3tips/2006/03/modifying-standar...

Update values in close opportunity form
Hi, I want to update the values in the drop down of the close opportunity form. I want to add/remove the values in the status reason field Is there any way I can do this? Thanks Eddie Not using the default crm forms. You have to build a custom aspx page calling the webservice for this. The CRM SDK has some details on this look for the SetStatusRequest -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "eddieg@uniqueworld.net" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to update the values in the drop down of the close opportunity > form. I want to add/rem...

Cannot close opportunity
Hi all, I've encoutered an error trying to close an opportunity. "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I tried again by assigning myself full permissions, but still the same error. Any clues? Regards, Keng Yuen Anything in the Event log? What about the "native" error? "Keng Yuen Lok" <kengyuen@nospam.newgroup> wrote in message news:Odzc2lsqEHA.3744@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I've encoutered an error trying to close an opportunity. > > "An error has occurred. For mor...

close opportunity Status reason drop down is "-1"

Workflow Close opportunity when order is submitted
Want to create a workflow rule to close an opportunity if an order is submitted for that account. Any suggestions on how to do this appreciated. Thanks ...