Change "Account" to "Company" in Navigation pane

Ok, what am I missing here. We don't want to call companies "Accounts".
So I went and changed the "Account" Entity "Name" field to "Company"
(and the corresponding plural name to "Companies". However, in the
navigation pane, it still shows up as "Accounts". What am I doing wrong?
Do I need to edit the site map for this?

Thanks,
Elie Wildman.
0
Elie
6/12/2007 1:37:09 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

After you changed the name of the entity to Company/Companies, did you
publish the changes?  After you publish, you might have to refresh the page
to see the changes.  I have been able to change the name to Company/Companies
on my dev system.   Let me know if this helps

"Elie Wildman" wrote:

> Ok, what am I missing here. We don't want to call companies "Accounts".
> So I went and changed the "Account" Entity "Name" field to "Company"
> (and the corresponding plural name to "Companies". However, in the
> navigation pane, it still shows up as "Accounts". What am I doing wrong?
> Do I need to edit the site map for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Elie Wildman.

Thanks, Dave.
I did publish the results, F5 and restart. No luck. The change does
appear in other places, just not on the navigation pane.

DaveG wrote:
> After you changed the name of the entity to Company/Companies, did you
> publish the changes?  After you publish, you might have to refresh the page
> to see the changes.  I have been able to change the name to Company/Companies
> on my dev system.   Let me know if this helps
>
> "Elie Wildman" wrote:
>
>> Ok, what am I missing here. We don't want to call companies "Accounts".
>> So I went and changed the "Account" Entity "Name" field to "Company"
>> (and the corresponding plural name to "Companies". However, in the
>> navigation pane, it still shows up as "Accounts". What am I doing wrong?
>> Do I need to edit the site map for this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Elie Wildman.

0
Elie
6/12/2007 7:27:32 PM
Elie,

You can always set the Title attribute of the SubArea element in the SiteMap
to a string, but you shouldn't have to resort to that.  Can you post your
sitemap.xml file?

"Elie Wildman" wrote:

> Thanks, Dave.
> I did publish the results, F5 and restart. No luck. The change does
> appear in other places, just not on the navigation pane.
>
> DaveG wrote:
> > After you changed the name of the entity to Company/Companies, did you
> > publish the changes?  After you publish, you might have to refresh the page
> > to see the changes.  I have been able to change the name to Company/Companies
> > on my dev system.   Let me know if this helps
> >
> > "Elie Wildman" wrote:
> >
> >> Ok, what am I missing here. We don't want to call companies "Accounts".
> >> So I went and changed the "Account" Entity "Name" field to "Company"
> >> (and the corresponding plural name to "Companies". However, in the
> >> navigation pane, it still shows up as "Accounts". What am I doing wrong?
> >> Do I need to edit the site map for this?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Elie Wildman.

There is a specific function in CRM to rename this entity. It through the
'Options' menu if I recall correctly. This renames all views, messages etc.

"Elie Wildman" wrote:

> Ok, what am I missing here. We don't want to call companies "Accounts".
> So I went and changed the "Account" Entity "Name" field to "Company"
> (and the corresponding plural name to "Companies". However, in the
> navigation pane, it still shows up as "Accounts". What am I doing wrong?
> Do I need to edit the site map for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Elie Wildman.

I got it to start showing up on the navigation pane as well. I went back
and changed the name again and rebpublished the customizations and it
worked. I think the problem was that I did not publish ALL
customizations. I only published the changes to that entity which did
not update the navigation pane.

-Elie Wildman.

Elie Wildman wrote:
> Ok, what am I missing here. We don't want to call companies "Accounts".
> So I went and changed the "Account" Entity "Name" field to "Company"
> (and the corresponding plural name to "Companies". However, in the
> navigation pane, it still shows up as "Accounts". What am I doing wrong?
> Do I need to edit the site map for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Elie Wildman.
0
Elie

GP 9.0- Copy existing Chart of Accounts to new company
I am trying to create a new company using the current chart of accounts of another. Needing direction please! If you have already created the company using GP Utilities, then: Option 1 -- Use DTS to export the GL00100 table and Integration Manager to import it to your new company Option 2 -- Use DTS to export the GL00100 table and the Mail Merge Macro to import it to your new company (Mail Merge Macro is covered in Confessions of a Dynamics GP Consultant) Option 3 -- Use DTS to move GL00100 from the old company to the new company and run checklinks and reconcile to make sure the oth...

Import accounts from one company to another
I have multiple companies in GP. One comapny will be retired but we want to move the accounts already setup in this company into another already existing company. This would be an import/combine type process to add the accounts from the retired company to the existing accounts in the other company. It seems there should be an easy way to do this but I have not found it. Any direction greatly appreciated. ...

Change "Account" to "Company" in Navigation pane
Ok, what am I missing here. We don't want to call companies "Accounts". So I went and changed the "Account" Entity "Name" field to "Company" (and the corresponding plural name to "Companies". However, in the navigation pane, it still shows up as "Accounts". What am I doing wrong? Do I need to edit the site map for this? Thanks, Elie Wildman. After you changed the name of the entity to Company/Companies, did you publish the changes? After you publish, you might have to refresh the page to see the changes. I have been able...

mc2 intercompany accounts
Is there an easy way to show originating currency and totals on the mc2 payables reports? ...

Creating a company in Project accounting
We are trying to set up a company in Project Accounting under GP 9.0. When we access the project maintenance window (cards-project-project) an error messages appears saying "company CIS 454-Project Accounting doesn't have access to currency Z-US$" . Any idea what we need to do? Dr. Jerry Flatto, Associate Professor, Information Systems Department - School of Business, University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA mailto:jflatto@uindy.edu In order to use the Project Accounting you need to set up a functional currency and give the company access to the currenc...

Auto re-assign account owner to company location?
Hello, This is our situation: We have sales reps that change branch locations / business units frequently (every 6-12 months). Our security is set up where sales reps can only see the accounts assigned to themselves or anyone in their business unit. Accounts should stay with the business unit after the sales rep changes locations. We set up each of our branch locations as fake users and have our reps reassign their accounts to the branch fake user. Its tedious and our folks usually forget to do this. So when they move they take their accounts with them - its relatively easy to find the...

Summarizing accounts for more than 1 company
Is there a way to summarize, for example, the cash account GL for 3 separate GP companies in the system? As it is now, to get total cash, I switch over to the other 2 companies and manually add the 3 accounts together. Maybe there's a way to pull all 3 values from the SQL tables automatically. I'm using GP Dynamics version 9. Mike This would be a piece of cake with FRx. Do you use it? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Yes I do, that was my next guess. Up until now, I've only used 1 company in FRx. Somehow, I'll need t...

Copy Company Utility for Analytical Accounting
Copy company utility does not provide the option to copy the master records of Analytical Accounting module. Is there any othere utility? Salman, Install Dynamics GP SDK and locate "AnalyticalAccountingTableDesignDocument.doc" document, it has the descriptions for all the setup tables in AA module. Create DTS package to copy the needed tables from the first company to the new one. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://moh...

Linking 2 separte company account in a GP system
Hi, I would like users to test out certain features of GP in a separate company account in the same Micosoft GP server. However, I do not want them to re-enter the same data to the exisitng company account (to save data entry time). I was wondering if there is a way I can update the one company account with data from another company account in the same GP system. Thks. 1.) Take note of the Registration keys for the mirror company (take note of the company name and regisration keys) (Tools -> Setup -> System -> Registration 2.) Backup the original, live database 3.) Restore t...

Project accounting and Intercompany
Suggestion: The General Ledger distribution screens in Project Accounting should allow for intercompany transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7f6ca...

Money is limited to one credit card account per credit card company.
My wife and I have seperate american express card accounts (not 2 cards on the same account). On the web we have separate login ids and passwords to Amex. Money seems to assume and only allows one logon id per financial institution for automatic downloads. So I can set up my account for automatic downloads. But then I cannot set up her's. Is there any way around this limitation? Barry Milliken In microsoft.public.money, barry milliken wrote: >My wife and I have seperate american express card accounts (not 2 cards on >the same account). >On the web we have separate logi...

SFO Conact Sync without Account or Company Name ?
When the Contacts sync to the Outlook folder, they do not sync the Account Name to the Company name in the Outlook Contact. This means the Account name does not get sync'd to a PDA. Has anyone figured out a way to get around this? thanx . . . . . . . Glen Glen - we are having this same problem. Did you figure out a work around? It looks like there were no replies to your post... Thanks. . . . . . . John "Glen Howie" wrote: > When the Contacts sync to the Outlook folder, they do not sync the Account > Name to the Company name in the Outlook Contact. This means t...

Add Functionality for Intercompany Accounts Receivable
It would be nice to have the intercompany module incorporate AR like it does AP where due to's and due from's are automatically created when a check is received that needs to be applied to invoices from multiple companies. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

2 401K accounts with the same company
My wife and I both work at the same Company and our 401K is also throughthe same company (John Hancock) we can only have one account tied to an indvidule fund but we both have the same investment options selected. Does anyone know a way around this? Thank you, Bill On Sun, 6 May 2007 08:09:01 -0700, Bill <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My wife and I both work at the same Company and our 401K is also throughthe >same company (John Hancock) we can only have one account tied to an indvidule >fund but we both have the same investment options selected. > >Do...

CRM Parent Account to Outlook Client Company Field
Our implementation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 does not map the CRM Parent Account to the Outlook Client Company field on the desktop. Personal PDAs also lack the same content. I understand that this is a design point of the product. Will a future release address this or is our implementation flawed? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

How do I import copy of accounts to new company in GP version 8.0
Using MS SQL 2000 and Great Plains 8.0, how do I copy the chart of accounts from an existing company to a new company? I see TechKnowledges for other GP versions, but not for 8.0. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

Need recommendation for a mortgate company
Hi - I want to apply for a mortgage of �400k. Ideally it would be interest only and for 105% of the purchase price to accommodate legal and related fees. I have a few things working against me - I am self-employed, without accounts and have been resident in the UK for less than 3 years. In one high street bank's words, I am "looking for all the variables". Working in my favour are several matters - the real estate market is depressed, so the lender would be holding a security which - according to most analysts - will soon rise in value. Also, I have excellent reference let...

Company expense account
I pay for business expenses on my own credit card and then get refunded by my employer at the end of the month. Is there a way of handling this in Money? Sure. Enter the business expense charge as some income category like Business Expense:Reimbursable. Enter the reimbursement deposit as some income category like Other Income:Business Expense Reimbursement. Pay the credit card with a Transfer. "marryot5" <marryot5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A51EA6C3-066A-48CE-9147-6F63E8558275@microsoft.com... >I pay for business expenses on my own credit card ...

Copy Parent Account details to Company in outlook
Hello, I have added the 'Parent Account field into my outlook contacts, this is great but now i want to copy these details into the company field. Is this possible?? Thanks Ian Hi, Currently the parent account is not copied automatically to the company field. This is a known issue, and is one of the solved issues in CRM 4.0 (CTP3). If you don't want to wait for version 4, please find here some links for a workaround. http://www.workopia.com/howto/DisplayParentAccountOutlookContactForm.htm Best regards, Merijn http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "Ian Watson" wrote: &...

Smartlist/View issue with Intercompany Dist Accounts
Hi All I am trying to create a SQL view for smarlist and I am haveing some issues. The view I want to create is basically a Payables view showing the document amount and the distribution accounts and amounts going to each. The problem is that when I link the Account master [account inderx] field to the distribution account index field the itner-company accoutns are not correct. Does any body have any ideas where I am going wrong? View code below: SELECT dbo.PM_Transaction_WORK.BACHNUMB, dbo.PM_Transaction_WORK.BCHSOURC, dbo.PM_Transaction_WORK.VENDORID, dbo....

Accounts & Contacts Company Name CRM & GP
Our company is in the process of implementing a crm3 to great plains 9. We were told that we need to convert Leads to Accounts & Contacts for the way Great Plains & Crm Integrates using the Scribe solution we purchased. The problem is that when we have multiple accounts with the same company name that they do not import correctly. These ARE NOT the same company even though they have the same company name. We are trying to figure out how this will work in CRM and Great Plains. For example we could have RE/MAX Northwest in Chicago area and a RE/MAX Northwest in Texas that are n...

Intercompany transaction for Project Accounting
Hi, How can I do a Intercompany transaction related to Project Accounting? Regards ...

Merging a company with a different account framework
A client of mine has two installations of GP. In one installation (with multiple companies), they have an account framework with six segments with a maximum segment length of 6-4-5-4-4-4. In another installation (with a single company), they have an account framework with four segments and a structure of 4-4-4-2. They would like to merge the installation with a single company into the larger installation. Based on the account framework, this should be doable since the 4-4-4-2 structure fits into the 6-4-5-4-4-4 structure as long as the last two segments are padded with Xs. I have thought about...

Is my company monitoring my Outlook account?
while starting a new Outlook msg, I inadvertently typed "=" in the TO: bar. A window popped-up with a name from HR. I asked my neighbor to do the same and nothing happened. My company prides itself on being very employee friendly. Could they be spying on me? Thks No, they aren't spying. Did you previously send a message to HR? Did you neighbor? What version of Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscrib...

New Company Account Format Setup
At what point during new company setup is the Account Format Setup defined? I set up a new company. After logging into GP, I went to Tools > Setup > Company > Account Format. I was able to define the number of segments and Account Length but I could not reduce the lenght of each segment. The error I received was: You can't reduce the length of the account segment because one or more accounts has already been added to the chart of accounts. Is there any way to clear the chart of accounts, redefine the format and then rebuild the chart of accounts? Go to &quo...