Cases containing activitys

Hi all,

My situation,
All cases are containers for activitys (Or so i think)
These activitys, how do i place a date and time stamp in these activitys?

Thanks in advance
Jefferson
0
Utf
5/20/2005 1:36:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

8 Replies
398 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

Activities are automatically marked with the date/time they are created and 
also when they are modified. The unfortunate thing is that CRM does not show 
you these dates/times by default when you view activities associated with an 
object. However, you can add these columns with an undocumented customization.

You will want to change the associated view for activities. You can do this 
(if you have CRM admin privileges) by opening the following link in your 
browser (change 'crmserver' to the name of your crm server)
http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}

Then you can click on the "Add Columns" button and add the desired date/time 
fields to the view. Save your changes, and the next time you open a case and 
view the activities associated with it, you will be able to see the columns 
you added.

 
-- 
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Jefferson" wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> My situation,
> All cases are containers for activitys (Or so i think)
> These activitys, how do i place a date and time stamp in these activitys?
> 
> Thanks in advance
> Jefferson
0
Utf
5/20/2005 1:57:23 PM
Hi Matt,

My appologies for taking so long to reply to your message.
It worked like a bomb, i can now view the date created on both the 
Activity's and Activity History.

Do you by any chance have a list or know where i can get more of these URL's
Many thanks and regards
Jefferson

"MattNC" wrote:

> Activities are automatically marked with the date/time they are created and 
> also when they are modified. The unfortunate thing is that CRM does not show 
> you these dates/times by default when you view activities associated with an 
> object. However, you can add these columns with an undocumented customization.
> 
> You will want to change the associated view for activities. You can do this 
> (if you have CRM admin privileges) by opening the following link in your 
> browser (change 'crmserver' to the name of your crm server):
> http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}
> 
> Then you can click on the "Add Columns" button and add the desired date/time 
> fields to the view. Save your changes, and the next time you open a case and 
> view the activities associated with it, you will be able to see the columns 
> you added.
> 
>  
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Jefferson" wrote:
> 
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > My situation,
> > All cases are containers for activitys (Or so i think)
> > These activitys, how do i place a date and time stamp in these activitys?
> > 
> > Thanks in advance
> > Jefferson
0
Utf
7/4/2005 11:00:01 AM
Here are some more. Just change the GUID in the following URL.

Activities View
http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id=00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899

   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001203   Associated View Opportunities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001204   Articles
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001205   Associated View: Teams
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001206   Associated View: Competitors
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001207   Associated View: Business Units
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001208   Associated View: Roles
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001209   Articles - Manage KB Search
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001210   Associated View: Contacts


-- 
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Jefferson" wrote:

> Hi Matt,
> 
> My appologies for taking so long to reply to your message.
> It worked like a bomb, i can now view the date created on both the 
> Activity's and Activity History.
> 
> Do you by any chance have a list or know where i can get more of these URL's
> Many thanks and regards
> Jefferson
> 
> "MattNC" wrote:
> 
> > Activities are automatically marked with the date/time they are created and 
> > also when they are modified. The unfortunate thing is that CRM does not show 
> > you these dates/times by default when you view activities associated with an 
> > object. However, you can add these columns with an undocumented customization.
> > 
> > You will want to change the associated view for activities. You can do this 
> > (if you have CRM admin privileges) by opening the following link in your 
> > browser (change 'crmserver' to the name of your crm server):
> > http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}
> > 
> > Then you can click on the "Add Columns" button and add the desired date/time 
> > fields to the view. Save your changes, and the next time you open a case and 
> > view the activities associated with it, you will be able to see the columns 
> > you added.
> > 
> >  
> > -- 
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Jefferson" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi all,
> > > 
> > > My situation,
> > > All cases are containers for activitys (Or so i think)
> > > These activitys, how do i place a date and time stamp in these activitys?
> > > 
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > Jefferson
0
Utf
7/5/2005 12:32:01 PM
Aww Cheers Matt, Your a Champ.

I have found something very interesting though.
All the GUID work like a bomb, except the one for the CRM Homepage.
I add two extra columns to this and save & Close, On refreshing the CRM 
homepage, i have the columns but the data is not preset...

If you don't mind, I have a Second question regarding E-mailing to Queues.
I have setup a disabled User (Complaints) and created exchange mailbox as 
well.
Have done the Associated External Account and CRMEmalEnabled.
On sending the Mail, it does not go to the queue, and im stumped as to what 
to do further... I have followed the Implementation Guide to the T...

Thanks for the advice Matt

"MattNC" wrote:

> Here are some more. Just change the GUID in the following URL.
> 
> Activities View
> http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id=00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899
> 
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001203   Associated View Opportunities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001204   Articles
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001205   Associated View: Teams
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001206   Associated View: Competitors
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001207   Associated View: Business Units
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001208   Associated View: Roles
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001209   Articles - Manage KB Search
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001210   Associated View: Contacts
> 
> 
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Jefferson" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Matt,
> > 
> > My appologies for taking so long to reply to your message.
> > It worked like a bomb, i can now view the date created on both the 
> > Activity's and Activity History.
> > 
> > Do you by any chance have a list or know where i can get more of these URL's
> > Many thanks and regards
> > Jefferson
> > 
> > "MattNC" wrote:
> > 
> > > Activities are automatically marked with the date/time they are created and 
> > > also when they are modified. The unfortunate thing is that CRM does not show 
> > > you these dates/times by default when you view activities associated with an 
> > > object. However, you can add these columns with an undocumented customization.
> > > 
> > > You will want to change the associated view for activities. You can do this 
> > > (if you have CRM admin privileges) by opening the following link in your 
> > > browser (change 'crmserver' to the name of your crm server):
> > > http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}
> > > 
> > > Then you can click on the "Add Columns" button and add the desired date/time 
> > > fields to the view. Save your changes, and the next time you open a case and 
> > > view the activities associated with it, you will be able to see the columns 
> > > you added.
> > > 
> > >  
> > > -- 
> > > Matt Wittemann
> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Jefferson" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi all,
> > > > 
> > > > My situation,
> > > > All cases are containers for activitys (Or so i think)
> > > > These activitys, how do i place a date and time stamp in these activitys?
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks in advance
> > > > Jefferson
0
Utf
7/5/2005 1:25:05 PM
You may find that you can not send email from an internal address to a queue, 
because the email doesn't pass through the CRM Exchange router. You can test 
your queue from an outside email address and it should work if you configured 
everything properly.
-- 
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Jefferson" wrote:

> Aww Cheers Matt, Your a Champ.
> 
> I have found something very interesting though.
> All the GUID work like a bomb, except the one for the CRM Homepage.
> I add two extra columns to this and save & Close, On refreshing the CRM 
> homepage, i have the columns but the data is not preset...
> 
> If you don't mind, I have a Second question regarding E-mailing to Queues.
> I have setup a disabled User (Complaints) and created exchange mailbox as 
> well.
> Have done the Associated External Account and CRMEmalEnabled.
> On sending the Mail, it does not go to the queue, and im stumped as to what 
> to do further... I have followed the Implementation Guide to the T...
> 
> Thanks for the advice Matt
> 
> "MattNC" wrote:
> 
> > Here are some more. Just change the GUID in the following URL.
> > 
> > Activities View
> > http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id=00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899
> > 
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001203   Associated View Opportunities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001204   Articles
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001205   Associated View: Teams
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001206   Associated View: Competitors
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001207   Associated View: Business Units
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001208   Associated View: Roles
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001209   Articles - Manage KB Search
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001210   Associated View: Contacts
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Jefferson" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Matt,
> > > 
> > > My appologies for taking so long to reply to your message.
> > > It worked like a bomb, i can now view the date created on both the 
> > > Activity's and Activity History.
> > > 
> > > Do you by any chance have a list or know where i can get more of these URL's
> > > Many thanks and regards
> > > Jefferson
> > > 
> > > "MattNC" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Activities are automatically marked with the date/time they are created and 
> > > > also when they are modified. The unfortunate thing is that CRM does not show 
> > > > you these dates/times by default when you view activities associated with an 
> > > > object. However, you can add these columns with an undocumented customization.
> > > > 
> > > > You will want to change the associated view for activities. You can do this 
> > > > (if you have CRM admin privileges) by opening the following link in your 
> > > > browser (change 'crmserver' to the name of your crm server):
> > > > http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}
> > > > 
> > > > Then you can click on the "Add Columns" button and add the desired date/time 
> > > > fields to the view. Save your changes, and the next time you open a case and 
> > > > view the activities associated with it, you will be able to see the columns 
> > > > you added.
> > > > 
> > > >  
> > > > -- 
> > > > Matt Wittemann
> > > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Jefferson" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi all,
> > > > > 
> > > > > My situation,
> > > > > All cases are containers for activitys (Or so i think)
> > > > > These activitys, how do i place a date and time stamp in these activitys?
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thanks in advance
> > > > > Jefferson
0
Utf
7/5/2005 1:42:03 PM
Understandably so, I have been sending mail from a hotmail acount to the 
Complaints@Company address, and it has not been entering the queue.

And all seems to be fine as per the "IG" If i look on our linux Box 
(Mailserver), I see the emails sitting there waiting... But they just don't 
seem to download to exchange?
All config on the box seems to be fine, considering the users are recieving 
their mail thru the CRM.

Although, it could be that i mistyped the password incorrectly?

Any Idea's???


"MattNC" wrote:

> You may find that you can not send email from an internal address to a queue, 
> because the email doesn't pass through the CRM Exchange router. You can test 
> your queue from an outside email address and it should work if you configured 
> everything properly.
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Jefferson" wrote:
> 
> > Aww Cheers Matt, Your a Champ.
> > 
> > I have found something very interesting though.
> > All the GUID work like a bomb, except the one for the CRM Homepage.
> > I add two extra columns to this and save & Close, On refreshing the CRM 
> > homepage, i have the columns but the data is not preset...
> > 
> > If you don't mind, I have a Second question regarding E-mailing to Queues.
> > I have setup a disabled User (Complaints) and created exchange mailbox as 
> > well.
> > Have done the Associated External Account and CRMEmalEnabled.
> > On sending the Mail, it does not go to the queue, and im stumped as to what 
> > to do further... I have followed the Implementation Guide to the T...
> > 
> > Thanks for the advice Matt
> > 
> > "MattNC" wrote:
> > 
> > > Here are some more. Just change the GUID in the following URL.
> > > 
> > > Activities View
> > > http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id=00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899
> > > 
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001203   Associated View Opportunities
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001204   Articles
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001205   Associated View: Teams
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001206   Associated View: Competitors
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001207   Associated View: Business Units
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001208   Associated View: Roles
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001209   Articles - Manage KB Search
> > >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001210   Associated View: Contacts
> > > 
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Matt Wittemann
> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Jefferson" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi Matt,
> > > > 
> > > > My appologies for taking so long to reply to your message.
> > > > It worked like a bomb, i can now view the date created on both the 
> > > > Activity's and Activity History.
> > > > 
> > > > Do you by any chance have a list or know where i can get more of these URL's
> > > > Many thanks and regards
> > > > Jefferson
> > > > 
> > > > "MattNC" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Activities are automatically marked with the date/time they are created and 
> > > > > also when they are modified. The unfortunate thing is that CRM does not show 
> > > > > you these dates/times by default when you view activities associated with an 
> > > > > object. However, you can add these columns with an undocumented customization.
> > > > > 
> > > > > You will want to change the associated view for activities. You can do this 
> > > > > (if you have CRM admin privileges) by opening the following link in your 
> > > > > browser (change 'crmserver' to the name of your crm server):
> > > > > http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}
> > > > > 
> > > > > Then you can click on the "Add Columns" button and add the desired date/time 
> > > > > fields to the view. Save your changes, and the next time you open a case and 
> > > > > view the activities associated with it, you will be able to see the columns 
> > > > > you added.
> > > > > 
> > > > >  
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > Matt Wittemann
> > > > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Jefferson" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Hi all,
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > My situation,
> > > > > > All cases are containers for activitys (Or so i think)
> > > > > > These activitys, how do i place a date and time stamp in these activitys?
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Thanks in advance
> > > > > > Jefferson
0
Utf
7/5/2005 2:21:05 PM
Hi Matt,

I managed to track the problem down to the Password in the POP3 connector in 
exchange... But thanks for the help.

Have two last questions for you if you don't mind.
1, How do i report on assigned activitys in the CRM with Crystal... as far 
as i understand, these activitys change ownership once assigned.
2, I came into work today to find 10gig worth of disk space missing on the 
server, and tracked this down to the SQL MSCRM_log.ldf file (Totaling 21gig) 
but yet the database is only 1gig MSCRM.mdf.

Is it safe to delete this log file? If not what do you recommend???

"Jefferson" wrote:

> Aww Cheers Matt, Your a Champ.
> 
> I have found something very interesting though.
> All the GUID work like a bomb, except the one for the CRM Homepage.
> I add two extra columns to this and save & Close, On refreshing the CRM 
> homepage, i have the columns but the data is not preset...
> 
> If you don't mind, I have a Second question regarding E-mailing to Queues.
> I have setup a disabled User (Complaints) and created exchange mailbox as 
> well.
> Have done the Associated External Account and CRMEmalEnabled.
> On sending the Mail, it does not go to the queue, and im stumped as to what 
> to do further... I have followed the Implementation Guide to the T...
> 
> Thanks for the advice Matt
> 
> "MattNC" wrote:
> 
> > Here are some more. Just change the GUID in the following URL.
> > 
> > Activities View
> > http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id=00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899
> > 
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001203   Associated View Opportunities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001204   Articles
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001205   Associated View: Teams
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001206   Associated View: Competitors
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001207   Associated View: Business Units
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001208   Associated View: Roles
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001209   Articles - Manage KB Search
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001210   Associated View: Contacts
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Jefferson" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Matt,
> > > 
> > > My appologies for taking so long to reply to your message.
> > > It worked like a bomb, i can now view the date created on both the 
> > > Activity's and Activity History.
> > > 
> > > Do you by any chance have a list or know where i can get more of these URL's
> > > Many thanks and regards
> > > Jefferson
> > > 
> > > "MattNC" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Activities are automatically marked with the date/time they are created and 
> > > > also when they are modified. The unfortunate thing is that CRM does not show 
> > > > you these dates/times by default when you view activities associated with an 
> > > > object. However, you can add these columns with an undocumented customization.
> > > > 
> > > > You will want to change the associated view for activities. You can do this 
> > > > (if you have CRM admin privileges) by opening the following link in your 
> > > > browser (change 'crmserver' to the name of your crm server):
> > > > http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}
> > > > 
> > > > Then you can click on the "Add Columns" button and add the desired date/time 
> > > > fields to the view. Save your changes, and the next time you open a case and 
> > > > view the activities associated with it, you will be able to see the columns 
> > > > you added.
> > > > 
> > > >  
> > > > -- 
> > > > Matt Wittemann
> > > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Jefferson" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi all,
> > > > > 
> > > > > My situation,
> > > > > All cases are containers for activitys (Or so i think)
> > > > > These activitys, how do i place a date and time stamp in these activitys?
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thanks in advance
> > > > > Jefferson
0
Utf
7/6/2005 7:05:01 AM
No, it is NOT safe to delete the MSCRM_log.ldf file!!

That is your transaction log for your MSCRM database, and would be used
to restore your database from the last full backup.

Search the newsgroups, there was a good reply by Matt Parks about what
you have to do in order to shrink the size of this file.  (Basically,
you need to backup it up, then shrink it, perhaps several times.)

In the helpful hints column - the database guru for every MSCRM
customer should be checking to make sure their MSCRM_log.ldf file is
not growing by leaps and bounds...

I had one client call me in a panic because they ran out space...  They
did not have a full backup done in over three months...  The problem?
Their log file grew so large that is was impossible to back up within
the four hour window (the well-intentioned, but now fired DBA had set
up before leaving) they allocated for transaction log backups....
When a transaction log backup is being done, you can't do a database
backup (serialization issues).  So, this machine was doing nothing but
unsuccessful transaction log backups, all day, every day....

Fortunately, I was able to stop the transaction log backups, find
enough space to do a proper full DB backup, and then shrink the log
file, and get their system operational again...  Not before the Ops VP
lost a few more hairs though...

The moral: Microsoft CRM is a sophisticated database based application.
 If you don't understand SQL, you should really hook up with somebody
who does, before you encounter similar issues...  HTH,

Dave


-------------------------------------------------
David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

To download a fully functional trial version of VAST, the Visionary
Audit System Tools for Microsoft CRM, visit
http://www.vscrm.com/trial.htm
Partners, be sure to come by booth #806 at the WPC to see our new VAST
Insights historical data query tool in action!

0
Dave
7/6/2005 2:16:55 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Activation of windows 7
I bought an upgrade version of windows 7 and installed it on a new hard drive. Now, it doesnt accept the activation key because it considers it a new installation. However, I have windows xp. How to make this activation understand that I have xp? Ulrich wrote: > I bought an upgrade version of windows 7 and installed it on a new > hard drive. Now, it doesnt accept the activation key because it > considers it a new installation. However, I have windows xp. How to > make this activation understand that I have xp? "Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media"...

Resolve Case Error
When I choose "resolve case" and enter all the required information and click "ok" to close the case I get a Microsoft CRM error window with a red x. It says: Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. It provides two choices from there..."try again" or "go back." This happens when I am logged in on any PC. I can close cases using another users account. did you check the Event Viewer? did you see any errors? "Bill" wrote: > When I choose "resolve case" and enter all the requ...

Static Library Containing Dialog and Resource
I have a static library that links with the static MFC lib. In this library I create a CDialog and display it. I'm using InitModalIndirect() to create the dialog from a resource template. The resource template is in a BYTE array within the library. Everything works great with the debug build. The dialog displays and handles messages, etc. But when the calling app that links in the static library (a straight Win32 app in this case) exits it gives an Access Violation. Well, this only happens in release build and not the debug build (of course, sigh). I double checked my run-time l...

Case creation 12-07-04
Hello, I just finished to setup my CRM server and clients, for testing purpose. Mail system is ok, try to play with the workflow manager, all seems to be ok. Now i'm currently setting up case system. I successfully create cases on the CRM server. The rules I create in the workflow are working, i get emails on events "case open" and "close". But I've created this case from the CRM web interface. How can my customers open cases with a simple mail ? I've created a queue, but how can I associate it with a case creation ? Thanks for your help, Fabrice. ...

Modify Activity Forms
You customize activity views in an undocumented way. All you need to do is browse to http://<crm-server>/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={<GUID>} (<crm-server> is the name of your CRM server) The values to substitute for <GUID>: 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100 Activities Advanced Find View 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 My Activities 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900 Open Activities 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901 Closed Activities 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902 All Activities 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903 Activities Associated Vi...

Activities sync with Exch or Outlook?
We would like to be able to use CRM 4 to schedule our service work. In past versions of CRM, my understanding is the only way for an appointment, service appointment, task, etc. to appear on a technician/user's calendar was by using the Outlook client. The downside to this naturally, is Outlook would need to be running for each user for the sync to occur. Has 4.0 changed this to allow the sync to occur with Exchange directly (perhaps via OWA)? Our issue is most of our technicians we wish to schedule use laptops, which may not be connected for days to the network, so using the Out...

How to stop active net connection for a while
Hi, it is a different query ?. I want to disable the active internet connection for a while and want to resume later !. Any idea will be appreciated ! ...

Your login has been removed from the user activity file
I'm completing an install of GP9 on a client's system and this is they weren't previously using GP or SQL Server so everything is fresh. I've installed the server and the first client (on the server) without any problems. I also installed SP1 on the server without any indication of error. We've now come to the point where we are completing the installation on desktops and have hit the same wall on multiple desktops. After the install is complete (again without any indication of error) and it is time to login to GP for the first time, when the user hits OK on the &...

Case / Case Resolution Forms
On my case form I have added 2 fields, - CFDresolvedon (date field) - CFMresolution_description. The case owner completes these fields prior to closing the case. How do I map these 2 fields so that when the user selects to close the case and the "case resolution" form pops up, the 2 related fields on this form are filled in with the info from the case form. ...

Popup containing a Slider control?
I'm currently writing a small app using VC++ and MFC (especially the latter is still a bit new to me), and in one of the dialogs, I want to place a TreeView control, where right-clicking on an element pops up a Slider for adjusting a numerical value associated with the clicked element. I think I figured out most of the event handling mechanisms already, so that's not the problem, the problem is that I am not entirely sure how to create such a 'context control' instead of a context menu. To be a bit more specific, it's supposed to work like this: the user right-clicks an it...

CSVDE, Exchange contacts, activation
I have imported several thousand contacts into AD for Exchange (Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003) using CSVDE. I imported many categories, name, mail, objectClass, DN, etc. I must have missed some crucial category or step, though, because after the import I had to go to each contact in ADUC and click "Exchange Tasks" and set up Exchange mail settings. I didn't have to enter any information there -- I just clicked through the screens accepting the defaults that showed the correct user name, e-mail address, etc. Does anyone know what I left out? Thanks very much in a...

Outlook and Active Directory #2
I'm experiencing some difficulties configuring Outlook to access an Active Directory server on W2003Server (the domain controller of my network). When using Outlook Express I've no problem in browsing a specific OU where I've recorded all the "global" contacts whereas using Outlook I'm not able to list any entry or, better, I see only the user entry corresponding to the user I'm logging in with. I've seen some previous posts about this problem but I was unable to find any hint to face the problem. Have you some suggestions ? Thank you. Massimo ...

New Office Package
I recently purchased a computer with Microsoft Office Home And Student preinstalled (full version, not trial). It was right around Christmas and I've yet to really need to Office package until now. When I open a program it says I have 25 times to register with my product key, unfortunately, during the christmas rush I must have thrown out the CD and I know have no way to activate my package. Is there any thing I can do to solve this problem? When you start eg Word, how is described in about eg oem or? Generally if supplied with a PC preinstalled you would need to go back ...

Transaction log activity
Hi, Is it normal for an organization of about 350 mailbox's to be generating 11gb of transaction logs during the overnight hours? We have a spam filter. I am trying to id the source of all of these trans logs. Message tracking tells me that not a lot of activity is happening between the hours of midnight and 6am and yet there is no HD space due to all of these stinking transaction logs. Are they doubling up.... Any help is greatly appreciated. Chris Hi Chris, There can be lot of issues regarding Growing transaction Logs and filling the drive space to analyze the sce...

Navigation Bar lost "active" color..
Hi all, I spent some time today searching for a checkbox, that can disable/enable the color changing of the top navigation bar, but could not find it ;-). the "Homepage" is always "darker" indicating "selected" , even if im browsing on other subsites. Did not use Sharepoint Designer , did not change code by hand. Must be a UI thing... but where?? thanks a lot It's not a UI thing. It is a CSS thing. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Reini" <Reini@discussions.microsoft.com...

Activities & History Views
Is there anyway to customize the views on Activity Lists, Activities (Account or Contact Level) and Home Page. Our sales team would like to see the account/contact displayed on the home page and the date entered or due date on activity/history page. Thanks. there were a few unsupportde hacks for things like this. there is also a tool form www.c360.com for this sort of requirement. Lastly if you have access to development resources you could code your own custom page. Its not too difficult to achieve. "Tom" <tom@ttanet.com> wrote in message news:1ca101c4270c$b8e199a0$a3...

Activities Relationship (MSCRM Database)
Would someone mind looking at the ActivitesBase table and tell me what relationships they have for this table? Thanks! Kristina what are you trying to find? "Kristina Ledford" <noemails@noemails.com> wrote in message news:uRleLw$nDHA.2772@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Would someone mind looking at the ActivitesBase table and tell me what > relationships they have for this table? > > > Thanks! > Kristina > > We are getting errors when trying to open activities of some Leads that were created (not imported) in CRM. There was another post about this ...

change caps to sentence case
How do I change cap letters to sentence case in columns within my excel spreadsheet? Kay One column at a time...... Enter =PROPER(A1) and drag/copy down. Copy/paste special>values(in place) on the column then delete the original. VBA Macro from David McRitchie......... If unsure of what to do with this code, see David's Getting Started with Macros and VBA. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Sub Proper() 'David McRitchie, programming, 2003-03-07 Dim rng1 As Range, rng2 As Range, bigrange As Range Dim cell As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False A...

How to use frequency function in a particular case
Hi, I am a column of formated number cells, when i want to work out th frequency this ranger, it is all wrong, apparently cos the cell numbe are formated. How can i sort this out? ang get right frequency without having t unformat, 'round' function.... Thanks for your hel -- lecossai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lecossais's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55136 lecossais wrote: > Hi, > > I am a column of formated...

Defragment drive containing information store
Is it okay to defragment the drive containing the Exchange information stores? On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:17:00 -0800, QMMAdmin <QMMAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it okay to defragment the drive containing the Exchange information stores? Its ok with the Exch Services stopped, but probably not necessary. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/10/25/247342.aspx "Do we need to file-level defragment Exchange database drives? " ...

How do I activate Document Version management in Excel just like .
I want to do 2 things: 1. Activate versions on MS Excel 2000 or 2003 Documents just like the option available in MS Word 2. Compare 2 different versions of WORD Document (Not in a Split window) Maybe like change tracker or something where changes are highlighted 1. Excel doesn't have a Version feature like Word's. 2. If you ask this question in one of the Word newsgroups, someone may be able to help you. Pradeep Khanna wrote: > I want to do 2 things: > 1. Activate versions on MS Excel 2000 or 2003 Documents just like the option > available in MS Word > > 2. Comp...

MFC Container VS VB Container
Hi, I have wrote a skeleton VC MFC ActiveX control subclassing a ComboBox, first I got a bug related to opening the drop down list which I found a work around in MS KB, my control seems to behave diffrently when hosted in a VB form, to MFC dialog . In VB the contol reacts to clicks even in design time. furtehrmore the list extends only in the client area occupied by the contron, not beyond . This does not happen in MFC dialog . Have you got any ideas ? Thank you, Elli. ...

Auto Populate Case Details
Hi We would like for the serial number to be automatically populated once the product is chosen on the case form. I know that we have to use JScript and possibly use the OnChange Event so that as soon as the product is selected the serial number is populated. We are not too familiar with JScript and I was hoping someone could assist me. The code that we inserted on the OnChange Event looked like this: //crmForm.all.Caseproductserialnumber = crm.Form.all.Contractproductserialnumber When we enabled the event and tested the results there was no change. We would really appreciate any as...

time and date set correctly, office says no, can't activate
can't activate office one note, computer tells me time and date are set incorrectly, this is not the case I haven't seen that one before. Can you use the "Activate over Telephone" link and call the number provided for an activation key? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "tottenham hotspur" <tottenham hotspur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Import of Cases
Is it possible to import cases into MSCRM? Thanks Yes, using the CRM Data Migration Framework, or Scribe Insight from www. Scribesoft.com Peter "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d0f801c45373$aae475a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to import cases into MSCRM? > > Thanks ...