Cases and Opportunities with related custom entity

I may be missing something simple here and would appreciate some direction.

If you click on Opportunties or Cases for an Account, there is a filter to
select Open, Closed, Won, All.  I have a custom entity that has related
Opportunities and Cases.  When I click on Opportunities or Cases, I have a
single grid view showing All Opportunities or Cases.  The filter does not
appear on this view.  How can I get this filter on a custom entity?

Thanks,
-Rick M
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There isn't a way to do this through CRM configuration (that I know
of).  You would need to implement some custom programming to acheive
this.

0
Scott

Toolbar Transition -- Follow Up -- XML patent case
Dear All, In reply to a query I posed regarding toolbars, I was referenced to information about customizing the Robbon Bar via XML. The recommendations call for customizing the ribbon via an XML script and using the Office 2007 Custom UI Editor. Question: Will this (these tools, use of XML, etc.) be affected by the recent court ruling against Microsoft regarding the use of XML technology that infringed on a patent held by i4i Technologies in Toronto? The news accounts I've found refer to the changes as a "little used feature" but I have not found a clear exp...

Outlook Client makes Settings & Customization menus disappear
Hi all, I've noticed that now I've installed the Outlook Client for MS CRM 3.0, my Settings & Customization menus disappear in the web client. I realise that they shouldn' t be in the Outlook Client (no problem) and figure it's due to a conflict between the two... I've tried deleting my temporary Internet files which works, but was wondering if anyone had found a better (one off) solution that doesn't need this sort of repeated intervention. There are 3 of us who have admin access rights that disappear in this way, so while it's not a huge problem for us (...

New Resolution Type under Resolve Cases
Hi There, Is it possible to add a new Resolution Type under Resolve Case.. and change Problem Solved to Case Solved from the picklist. If yes could you kindly advice me... Actions->ResolveCase->Resolution Type -> here i want to add new item(is it possible?)->and i would like to change Problem Solved to Case Solved. Your early response will be much appriciated. Many Thanks in advance, Syed. You may go to Customization | Case | Attributes | Status Code, in the status picklist, select "Resolved", then add your resolution type there. After you finish, save and publish...

Customizing Forms Wizard
It is possible to control or customize details of the way the wizards creates objects? For instance, we have internal naming standards for controls and I would like the wizard to name each control according to our standard. I know I can use a form template for the forms created without wizards, but what about controlling the creation of the ones done via wizards too? Thanks in advance, See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/151218/EN-US/ Román Valoria wrote: >It is possible to control or customize details of the way the wizards creates >objects? > >For ...

Customers & Suppliers Trial Balance in Debits & Credits Format
Hi, Do anyone have a method to bring the Customers & Suppliers Trial balance in debits and Credits format just like how the G/L Trial balance works. Most of the clients are repeatedly asking for this requirement. The report should have Customer ID, Docnumber, Doc Date, payments, receipts, returns, credits accordingly falling into the debit/credit buckets with running balance totals. If the report can be picked up with any date range also, it'd be most beneficial. Thanks Janakiram M.P. ...

Custom Dictionary
I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom dictionary in Word 2007 (UK spelling). The spell checker will neither add it to my dictionary nor ignore it. I have tried editing the dictionary directly and I can get as far as Hi-Buil but then the Add button is greyed out. Can anyone help please? Does the spell check mark this as incorrect? When I checked (with my personal dictionaries switched off) this was not marked as a spelling error.Both hi and build appear to be in the default dictionary. If you want Hi-Build to be always spelled with a non-br...

Importing customer class blanks out tax schedule
Hi - I used Integration Manager to update (only) the customer class. This caused those particular customer's to have their tax schedule ID blanked out. I set all fields other than the customer class to "Use Default". I was expecting no change to fields other than the customer class. Is this wrong? Ginny IM simulates a person keying in data. When you key data into the Customer Class field, by default, it copies data from the class into other fields (like tax schedule). You may have also changed some of the account numbers associated with the customer. -- Richard L...

Custom Receipt #3
I want the customer receipt to have the Customers name instead of the Customers account number (when a customer is attached to the transaction). I want to remove the line that says "You Saved..." when there is a discount or coupon applied. How can I do this? Haik, In the Manager goto Database - Registers - Receipt Formats. click properties for the receipt format that you use. Next click on properties for Sales. On the left you can turn on and off different features of the sales receipt. If you turn on Customer Address it gives you the full customer name and address. There ...

Unable to edit custom dictionary within Word 2008
The first time I tried to edit my custom dictionary (I had accidentally entered a misspelled word) in Word 2008, the Edit button was available, but I was unable to click in and actually edit the list of words that came up. I temporarily gave up and resumed my spellcheck to finish the document. Then I tried again to edit the custom dictionary. Now the Edit button is dimmed, and the only way I can edit the custom dictionary is through the finder (by opening the file in a text editor). No matter which document I open or how many times I relaunch Word, this problem persists. Any suggestions? On...

Converting Leads to Opportunities in CRM 3.0 (changes since CRM 1.2?)
We are in the process of upgrading from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. In 1.2 we were able to convert Leads to only Opportunities. However, in 3.0 it appears that you must also convert the Lead to an Account or Contact as well (i.e. after clicking on the Convert Lead button, if you select only the Opportunity checkbox, the OK button is disabled, however, if you also select either Account or Contact, the OK button becomes enabled). Is this a change in functionality from CRM 1.2 or is there a setting that impacts this behavior? Thanks in advance. ...

Customize outlook today doesn't work anymore
When I am in Outlook2000 "Outlook Today" screen, I used to be able to press "Customize outlook today" and organize tasks in due date descending order. I can no longer activate "Customize outlook today" button anymore. Can someone help me? Thanks, Bryant Harris ...

GP Analysis Cube customization
Hi, I would like to rename some of the measures in the GL cube using BI Dev Studio. - Is this supported? - Would the SSIS package continue to work? - Will the future upgrades work? Thank you. This can be done with minimal impact: Open BIDS. Connect to the server and Analysis Services database. In the solution explorer on the right-hand side of the window that appears, select the Financials cube. On the left-hand side of the window, you'll now see a list of the measure groups that exist in the Financials cube. Select the one containing the measures you wis...

Checkbox customization question
How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with multiple professions. From a list of available professions as checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable professions. Any ideas. Try Powertrak Core from www.axonom.com "Arch" <discussion11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b87a74db.0405210819.3232b5d8@posting.google.com... > How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with > multiple professions. From a list of available professions as > checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable > professions. Any...

New entity and relaitonships customization
Hi all: I am working on a CRM v4 system that needs to track government funding programs for doctors at health clinics. The system is set up so that Accounts map to Clinics, and Contacts map to Doctors. The essential process is: A funding object is created, is set to run for a certain number of payments, is set with a start date, periodicity of payments (i.e. weekly, monthly, etc.), and end date, and then is assigned to a doctor at a clinic. If the doctor leaves the clinic, the funding object transfers to the clinic and is suspended until the clinic hires a new doctor and then the fund...

Customer accounts #2
Help! My customers are all employees - if they leave their job, would someone please tell me how to handle the account. I don't see any way to inactivate the account or hide it so it cannot be used. Must I delete it? Please let me know! Donna Hi Donna - I would never recommend deleting an account (if you do all history goes into this black hole type area). If an employee leaves, I would immediately change the 'Customer is an employee' flag and then devise a scheme for identifying 'inactive' customers. Here is what we do: 1) Use the auto generated acct numbers ...

Domain logon name case sensitive?
Are Domain logon names case sensitive? I created a new user but used lower case on our domain, when all other entires are upper case. Mistake apparently. The new user gets 'unauthorized' when opening crm. From the same machine, I can set the IE setting for force a logon with my credentials and CRM is fine. I want to change the domain login string on the CRM user record but the text is gray and you can't edit. Any suggestions? PROCEED WITH CAUTION........... Open SQL Enterprise Manager: Navigate to your CRM databases and expand the MSCRM database. Click on 'Tables&#...

change case
Here's the text: A. great. I need to find, highlight, and change case on all test in a document that follows A. Please advise. WORD 2007. 1. I have placed:- A. - in 4 places in one WORD document. 2. Ctrl-HOME to go to the top of the document. 3. Ctrl-F to launch the Find and Replace box. 4. In the Find and Replace box put:- A. - in the Find tab / Find what: field. You need to make sure that Match case is selected (click on the More >> button to reveal this). 5. Click on the Replace tab and type (for example):- b - in the Replac...

Brain Teazer Synchronising Outlook with custom app
Hi All I have written a custom db in MS Access that keeps track of all the appointments etc in the office. How would i proceed to get outlook to synch with the db ? Any ideas ? Your help will be appreciated. Regards Charl Du Toit ...

Q: Modifying annotations & notes for Case Management
We are configuring case management for a client, and the following issues came up: As "Annotations" does not appear in System Customisation and New schema field is not selectable in the Deployment manager I suppose that form is not editable? Is it possible to do any customization through the SDK to this form, like add a new field? Or is it possible to add a new "Document"-form mapped to the Case-form (to be used instead of "Notes")? Ideally, their solution would involve a number of attachments, where each attachment has a status and comment field, latest ...

Zebra stripe format filtered case as well
Hi, I learned in "msexcelraj website (could not see a name to mention here to thank)" how to make zebra stripe formating: Conditional formating, mod(row(),2)=0). My additional question is "how can I have zebra appearence when I make filtering as well ?" When I filter, naturally zebra appearence is losing with the way above. Thanks and regards, Cousin Excel Hi, Select the range then format|Conditional format-Formula is =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Pick a colour ADD Formula is =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=1 Pick another colour OK --...

Custom reports, where are the .rdl's found?
I've created a dozen or so custom SRS reports and imported them via the Reportserver. Now, I'll be moving to a new report server and am unable to "extract" my .rdl files (yes, I know, stupid that I didn't keep the originals). Are these held somewhere in the report server or on the web server? I was able to find where the vanilla ones are saved to my custom ones aren't there. I don't want to rewrite them unless absolutely necessary. More Actions did not work either. Thx. Not sure why the 'More Actions/Download report' doesn't work, but the ne...

CRM 1.2: Custom Field with hyphen in name averts default value settings
unfortunately we have customized a lookup-field in crm whose name includes a hyphen months ago. Now this seems to be the reason why it is not possible to change the default value of this lookup. Any experiences with special characters in field names? What can I do now? Is there another reason for my problem with the default values? Any hotfixes? It's a pitty that CRM didn't prohibit the usage of the hyphen on creation of the field, but now months later this error is hard to correct! Had a similar problem with Crystal Reports as well, where a special character in the fieldname averts...

Importing customization problem
Hi, Whenever I try to import any customization.Xml to one our servers it gives me the following error message: Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file. I am sure there is nothing wrong with the files since I have uploaded them to other servers and they worked fine. Does anybody know what’s wrong? Hi Reza, Check if the customization file you are trying to import is from the server that has the same rollup installed. this error is thrown when you try to import a customization file from rollup 2 to one that does not have this rollup installed. ...

Entity Relationships
I want to get the Account name on the Task form. Since there is a relationship between Account and Task, I figured I could add a new attribute in Task (called new_accountname), then map that field to the accountname field from Account. When I'm on Entity:Task and click Relationships the help file says I should be able to dropdown the Type field and choose mappable. All I get is All Types. If I look at Opportunities, I see the mappable option, but can't on any of the activity forms. Anybody have any ideas? The Activity types (Task, Phone Call, Fax, etc) are not support in th...

Customize Outlook Today #20
When I click on Customize Outlook Today nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and it still doesn't work. I have also installed all current updates. Any suggestions??? "Jessica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:01f701c3ad3a$100705f0$a301280a@phx.gbl: > When I click on Customize Outlook Today nothing happens. > I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and it still > doesn't work. I have also installed all current > updates. Any suggestions??? > OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Ins...