Case Workflow E-mail to Primary Contact

We work with "Accounts" and "Contacts". Each "Account" has a primary contact
and a number of other contacts associated to it. A Case is created whenever a
Contact calls us with a problem. Using a Case E-mail Template and Workflow we
send out an E-mail when the case is created. The E-mail goes to our internal
Users and the Contact providing details of the case. What I would like to do
is have the Primary Contact of the Contacts Account (Company) also receive a
copy of the E-Mail but appear limited by the available Workflow E-mail
recipients. All suggrestions much appreciated!!!.......Thanks in advance.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

ok so I'm replying to my own posting - how sad is that!!! I've now come to
the conclusion that I need to write a work flow assembly to achieve this. Oh
well, here goes...........

"Rod Walker" wrote:

> We work with "Accounts" and "Contacts". Each "Account" has a primary contact
> and a number of other contacts associated to it. A Case is created whenever a
> Contact calls us with a problem. Using a Case E-mail Template and Workflow we
> send out an E-mail when the case is created. The E-mail goes to our internal
> Users and the Contact providing details of the case. What I would like to do
> is have the Primary Contact of the Contacts Account (Company) also receive a
> copy of the E-Mail but appear limited by the available Workflow E-mail
> recipients. All suggrestions much appreciated!!!.......Thanks in advance.

it's not autofilling address from contact list
I add a sender to the contacts, but when I type their name into the field for a new email, it does not auto fill in like others. Their name never appears. Others appear from contacts, but not this one. The first/last name fields are filled in. Any suggestions? Thanks. Of course not. Autocompletion doesn't use your Contacts. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45ac25cb$0$10303$815e3792@news.qwest.net... >I add a sender to the contacts, but when I type their name into the field >for a new email, it does not auto ...

How can I print a list of birthdays from my Outlook Contacts?
I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my Contacts .... can this be done? Mail merge to a directory provides the most ways to customize printing of Outlook data. -- Russ Valentine "LXD" <LXD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C4C1-0DBA-4C09-9579-7DB6064DAE04@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my >Contacts > ... can this be done? ...

e-mial Poll
How can i create a Poll in the outlook and send it to some users; i want to insert a poll in my new Mail Message!? thank you, Shaheens <shaheens@gmail.com> wrote: > How can i create a Poll in the outlook and send it to some users; i > want to insert a poll in my new Mail Message!? Start Outlook and use Help to find the "Use voting buttons" topic. -- Brian Tillman Thank you Brian, i follow what the Help is saying but it doesn't work !! Am using Microsoft Exchange Server account and i couldn't find the Use voting buttons check box in Options !! Brian Till...

Loop through email address list to send e-mails
Hi Every one, Following is a code that prints out weekly individual task lists from a master Critical Path. The code first creates a list of unique individuals on a temporary page, -then filter my critical path in a Column called "Next week" to only show action requiring follow-up on following week. -then prints-out a list of individuals who will receive task lists, -and finaly loops through alll values in "MyUniqueRng" to filter and print out the list name by name. What I would like to do, is instead of Printing-out these individuals task lists, sending them by ...

Outlook Secondary Email address in Contacts
Hi A few of my contacts have secondary email addresses stored in them. I recently sent an email to one of these secondary email addresses by typing it manually into the 'To' field. The mail was delivered to the primary address of that contact. Is there a reason for this? Thanks Paul Marshall paulm844 @ netscape .net www.mypurple.co.uk ...

CRM contacts in outlook
Hi I have a few clients that have this same issue. When using Outlook, not all the CRM contacts appear within the Outlook default contacts even after running CRM synchronisation. Does anyone know how i canm troubleshoot/fix this problem? Thanks Dylan Hi Dylan, Is is maybe possible that the users don't have rights to see the contacts? It could be that they are in a different Business Unit. With kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Dylan Mines" wrote: > Hi > > I have a few clients that have this same issue. When using Outlook, not all > th...

using vista mail program with earthlink http mail: error message when sending, can you download mail without deleting from server
i get the following when trying to send mail through earthlink: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test7', Account: 'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Your message does not conform to RFC2822 standard', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69 earthlink has instructions for setting popmail and sumupath numbers on their site which i followed. also is there any way to download mail without deleting it from server? thanks. Your question may be better answered ...

Outlook Mail problem
I recently got W7 on a new computer. The latest Microsoft Office version I had was 2002. Since W7 has no Outlook Express I installed Outlook as my email program. It seems ok but when I send an email to myself with a Web link, when I click on the link it opens the My Documents Folder and is looking for a .exe page instead of opening the web page. I have no idea how to change this. Any help very much appreciated. (I know I need an updated Outlook but cannot afford it right now) Thanks, Patti And is this dialog called "Locate Link Browser"? Point it to IEXPLOR.EXE or...

Mail
Hello: I'm just finishing up a 5.5 migration and I know this will go away in 2003 but I need to know this: In 5.5, we got a ton of spam destined for users@ourdomain.com whom actually had no account on our server. How do these spammers pull this off? Looking at the header, I see the mail addressed to noboby@ourdomain.com and yet there are recipients onour server that get it. How does this happen without a valid email address? How does the exchange server know to deliver this mail to john@ourdomain.com when it is addressed to nobosy@ourdomain.com Thanks in advance. May be blind ...

Direct e-mails still not being sent
I posted earlier and thought thuis was fixed. What's happening is that e-mails sent from the webclient are onl sent as the CRM Sever is shut down. (not restarted). Once we shut down the server, all of the e-mails are sent out. Any thoughts on that weird situation? Thanks, Lloyd Hi Lloyd, It is possible that there is somthing happening with your SMTP not CRM. I don't understand why the reboot wouldn't send the mail but the shutdown did... Either way the services are stopped/closed. One thing to check would be on the CRM server in the IIS, is the "Default SMTP" run...

Outlook mail cancel send
I want to cancel a very large file that won't send...it times out. Now additional mail I wish to transmit won't send. How do I delete the large file? It does not show up in the drafts folder. Outlook version please? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Lynn asked: | I want to cancel a very large file that won't send...it times out. | Now additional mail I wish to tr...

I want to block gmail mails coming into a outlook profile
Hi all I have one of the IT staff that use his outlook 2003 to download his gmail accounts mails. Is advisable or can it harm my exc2003 by making it more vulnerable to spam, malware and virusses and if so how do i prevent them from doing this. Do i take some of their rights away or is this gmail account not much of an issue. Do any of you guys allow it? Thanks for the ideas Yes this is dangerous. Any Exchange server-side filtering is being bypassed.Many organizations do not allow access to any external email accounts. Normally you block these at the firewall. -- Alexander Zammi...

Change case of text #3
Is there a 'change case' shortcut found in Excel, similar to the one found in Office Word - under format? No, that is a word-processor function. In Excel you would have to create it. I have a UDF that does sentence case. I am sure it could easily be adapted to act like Word's F3 Public Function SentenceCase(ByVal para As String) As String Dim oRegExp As Object Dim oMatch As Object Dim oMatches As Object para = LCase(para) Set oRegExp = CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp") oRegExp.Pattern = "^[a-z]|\.( )*[a-z]" oRegExp.Global = True Set oMatche...

price increase to always end in 9, i.e. 1.99
i increase a product price by any given percentage. i want the answer to round up so that it always ends in 9 i.e. the resultant increase is $1.45, i want excel to print on my spread sheet $1.49. Hi Frank, put your original value into A1 and your percentage of increase into B1. Then =CEILING(A1*(1+B1%),0.1)-0.01 will give you the intended result (I hope). HTH, Bernd ...

Cannot delete e-mail
When I try to delete an e-mail message I receive an error message 'outlook.pst could not be accessed' I don't know the solution to this issue. >-----Original Message----- >When I try to delete an e-mail message I receive an error >message 'outlook.pst could not be accessed' > >I don't know the solution to this issue. > >. >Try pressing the shift key and delete key simultaneous, this should permanently delete the msg. Mark ...

Blank Mail
Hi All, If i try to move my mail from inbox to my persional folder all the data gets bland only i am able to view the attachements the boyd of the mail will become blank what may be the problem TIN ...

Primary Key Generated Case To Case?
I have a field in a table Consisting entries choice in a dropdown like: Class A .... Class C .... Class AA .... I want the Primary Key of the said table to be autogenerated as follows: Pickup the last character(s) from the field "Class" i.e. A, C, AA & the number of their relative records, i.e. if 100, 900, 8755 records exists, respectively the key generated to be and updated as to: A-0001 to A-0100 C-0001 to C-0480 AA-0001 to AA-8755 Any suitable formula/code for the said key field shall be highly obliged. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz O...

unable to send to certain contacts
Hello, Last weekend we moved out of Exchange to Google for our emails. Now I'm having problems sending emails to certain contacts that get auto- completed in Outlook's address bar. I'm hoping by hand-typing in the email addresses, the people will receive the mails, but I'm not sure. My other coworker had the same problem and we fixed it by creating a new profile and laboriously copied over all the pst's. Is there some fix for this? thanks, kobiianardo Just delete your autocompletion cache and let it get recreated. -- Russ Valentine "kobiianardo&quo...

Mail not visible in outlook #2
Hi sbs 2003 standard. If I go into outlook web access using <ip address>/remote I can see all user created folders under inbox and all emails in them. In outlook however I only see the subfolders under inbox but no mail items in any of them. If I do send/receive I get the following error; Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107):' Could not open the item. Try again. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Many Thanks Regards On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:19:05 -0000, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >sbs 200...

live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live message
live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live message.... inventsomething at live dot com Greg ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message? Every email will have the time and date in the upper right corner - what do you mean exactly? The signature can be accomplished via Tools - Options - Signatures. You can have multiple signatures and assign them to specific email accounts, and, you can select which signature you want to apply on each email you compose - View ...

Removed wrong contact folder
I had two contact folders by same name (Contacts) and accidentally deleted wrong one. Can I retrieve it? I have Outlook 2003, and also have the original contact list in a backup file somewhere, but do not know how to search for it. "geezaflip" <geezaflip@comcast.net> wrote in message news:O2ktg4vwFHA.1276@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I had two contact folders by same name (Contacts) and accidentally deleted >wrong one. Can I retrieve it? Not if it was in internal memory on your pda. That is what backups are for. > > I have Outlook 2003, and also have the ...

Exchane server is unreachable! e-mails stays at Queue?
Hi all; I'm facing a problem with my exchange servers. Our e-mail system is internal mail system I have a primary exchange server ex01 and an additional exchange server ex02 our OS is win2k3 and exchange server is Exchange2003. Our mail boxes is distributed between the two servers "load balance" It started with an IP conflict on ex02 than we realized that the users on ex01 can not send or receive to ex02 and vise versa but the communication between mail boxes in each server is working fine, so we moved all ex02 mail box to ex01 so recipients can work and send e-mails to each ot...

Workflow send e-mail CC optional recipients fails when field empty
When using workflow to send email we want to populate the CC field from an "additional contact" field that is not always populated. When the field is populated in the CRM record, the workflow functions fine. If the "additional contact" field is left empty, workflow fails and remains in an error state. I know I can create additional rules in the workflow to check for the field containing data but it does not seem like the extra work and complexity should be needed. Anyone have any other ideas? Bug? -- Gary Herbstman Byte Solutions, Inc. http://bytesolutions.com ...

Major bug in Outlook 2K(SP3)? Puts emails into the Junk E-Mail folder randomly?!

creating mail
When creating mail in Outlook Express the bottom line of the text will not automatically scroll up so I can see what I've written. I have to use the scroll bar to bring it up and it's annoying. This is a new problem and I can't figure out what's happened or how to remedy it. Does it also happen when you maximize the screen? Are you running the latest driver for graphics ard? Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.micros...