Case Lookup 04-21-06

Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup?

Specifically...

Create an email in Outlook.  Click the 'Track in CRM' button.
Click the 'Regarding' button.  Change the 'Look For' to Cases.

Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions.  I would like
to restrict this to only show active cases.

0
Cindy
4/21/2006 3:38:36 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the post.   I will have to take a look at this to see if there
is a way to filter the view.  A quick glance at the issue makes me think
that it is operating as designed but I will take a closer look and get back
to you.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Kind regards,
Mike

	PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix
	issues and simple how to questions.
�	======================================================
	We also love to hear your product feedback!
	Let us know what you think by posting
	from the web interface: Partner Feedback
	from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
	We look forward to hearing from you!
that others
	may learn and benefit from this issue.
rights.

------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Cindy,
\par
\par Thanks for the post.   I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view.  A quick glance at the issue makes me think that it is operating as designed but I will take a closer look and get back to you.
\par
\par Thanks again and have a great weekend.
\par
\par Kind regards,
\par Mike
\par
\par \tab ======================================================
\par \tab PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix
\par \tab issues and simple how to questions.
\par \~\tab ======================================================
\par \tab We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par \tab Let us know what you think by posting
\par \tab from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par \tab from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par \tab We look forward to hearing from you!
\par \tab ======================================================
\par \tab When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others
\par \tab may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par \tab ======================================================
\par \tab This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par \tab ======================================================
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A--

0
mchristl
4/21/2006 9:37:10 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2F85FEA1

Hi Cindy,

I will close this post as it is a duplicate of the others you have listed.
I will get back to you soon through the other post.  What you are saying
does make sense.

Kind regards,
Mike

	PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix
	issues and simple how to questions.
�	======================================================
	We also love to hear your product feedback!
	Let us know what you think by posting
	from the web interface: Partner Feedback
	from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
	We look forward to hearing from you!
that others
	may learn and benefit from this issue.
rights.

------=_NextPart_0001_2F85FEA1

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Cindy,
\par
\par I will close this post as it is a duplicate of the others you have listed.  I will get back to you soon through the other post.  What you are saying does make sense.
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_2F85FEA1--

0
mchristl

Money 06 will not update
I downloaded and installed the software and each time I open the file and log in I get the message that updates are being downloaded and I will be notified when they are finished and will have to restart. Well....I am still waiting, I cannot get the program to update, online banking will not update. If anyone can address this issue I would appreciate it. Same problem here...tried re-installing, disabling antivirus, etc. to no avail. Program won't launch without accepting terms & conditions either. Most frustrating. "Dogsout" wrote: > I downloaded and installed...

LIST OF "WINDOWS 7" NEWSGROUPS (Windows7, Win7)
Where is 'Windows7" Nesgroup? This question is being asked here (on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general): methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note" everyone is tired of answering. Some of us feel that the question is repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves. Let's answer this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a "sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: *********************...

change caps to sentence case
How do I change cap letters to sentence case in columns within my excel spreadsheet? Kay One column at a time...... Enter =PROPER(A1) and drag/copy down. Copy/paste special>values(in place) on the column then delete the original. VBA Macro from David McRitchie......... If unsure of what to do with this code, see David's Getting Started with Macros and VBA. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Sub Proper() 'David McRitchie, programming, 2003-03-07 Dim rng1 As Range, rng2 As Range, bigrange As Range Dim cell As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False A...

format text to "title" case
I have a report which contains (amongst other things) a list of names. The problem is that the names are imported into the underlying table from several different external data sources, and I don't have control over how the names are entered into them. Some are all in upper case, some all in lower case, and some in title case (eg "Jane Anne Smith"). I want them all to appear in title case in my report. Other than re-entering the data in the table after importing it, is there a way to achieve this? Can I set the format in my report? Thanks. This expression does what y...

CRM Mobile 10-22-04
I read in the CRM Mobile Implementation Guide that it supports Pocket PC Phone Edition. Does this mean that users with Pocket PC Phone Devices will be able to sync through a wireless web connection? That's the theory. You CRM server will need to be available on the internet however. Ideally in a DMZ. Check the documentation for topology scenarios to find one that best fits you. Paul J Shadwell CTO "Greg Williams" <GregWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:351288B8-D1CA-4A94-8372-EA9BC4B41A2B@microsoft.com... >I read in the CRM Mobile Implemen...

Need help with If Statement 01-04-08
I’ve been struggling with this code. It seems to work now except I don’t understand why the message in grpConcur_AfterUpdate appears when the condition is "if vendor <> 17 or <> 18" and yet the vendor does = 17 or 18. Obvioulsy I have something wrong or in the wrong place. Can someone look at the code and give me feedback. Not sure how much info you need so will summarize what I’m trying to do here and if you don’t need it feel free to skip it and go directly to the code below. I have an input form with several tabs. On the first tab the vendor and customer info...

Report problem 07-16-06
I create new Incident report with SRS 2000, after deploying it I can see its preview in CRM server and CRM administrator user but this report does not run in clients and the following error was occured: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help Query execution failed for data set 'DataSource1'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) Get Online Help SELECT permission denied on object 'Incident', database 'MyOrg_MSCRM', owner 'dbo'. -- Mohsen Ahmadi, msnahm@hotmail.com IR-0912 *** **** Mohsen napisal(a): > I create new In...

assign reply mail to case
Hi! i created a workflow to send follow-up mail to customer when a case is created, i want the reply mail from the customer to be tracked in case with a workflow Thanks in advance Rakesh ...

Listing Contacts for a Case
Though I'm new to CRM, I'm setting up CRM Small Business for a legal firm. We'd like to have general business information (billing address, main phone number, etc.) on Accounts, but actually track correspondence with Cases. And this works fine. However, we also need to list Contacts particular to a Case which might differ from the Contacts on that Case's Account. It might be a large Account but the Case only applies to some of the Contacts. Or, there may be third party Contacts involved in a Case which should not be attached to the Account. I don't see a way to handle...

Primary Contacts 09-06-06
Our customers have multiple locations/offices which we create as multiple Accounts in CRM. We then put all the contacts for each location under their respective Account, excpet for the Primary Contact. If a Contact is the Primary for more than one location, users have just been using the Primary Contact lookup to find that Contact in the Parent Account and add them to the other locations. Is this a common practice? I find doing this is hard to query on. Thanks, Jim S. ...

lookup value, return array
Hello all. I am trying to figure this out. I want to fill a list box by using a user-defined-name that returns an array. The only problem is I cannot for the life of me figure out what my formula should be to build my array. I want to look in column C and if "X" is found, return the value of column A. help? On Nov 26, 6:34=A0pm, Matthew Dyer <matthew.e.d...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all. I am trying to figure this out. > I want to fill a list box by using a user-defined-name that returns an > array. The only problem is I cannot for the life of me figure out what > ...

Source Campaign Lookup Not Available
The "Source "Campaign" lookup button is greyed out when I try to link it to an order. This is under the "Administration" Tab within an order. Hi Mark, There is no direct way of filling the source campaign for the Orders. One way would be to create an order from the campaign response (Convert Campaign Response --> Order). Another way would be * Create a lead with source campaign * Convert this lead to opportunity * Opportunity Action --> add related --> Order Now the created order would have the source campaign. I believe the purpose of the source campaign...

Lookup value above cells with non-zero value
I have a table with two rows, 33 columns long. Top row has Years (200 to 2036) in it and the row below is intended for the inputing of value in percentage form. Some of the cells in bottom row may be left blan or with 0 value. Elsewhere on my spreadsheet I want to create formulas that will retur the top row value (year) for each year where the value in bottom row i greater than 0. For example, if A1 = 2004 A2 = 2005 A3 = 2006 A4 = 2007 B1 = 0 % B2 = 5 % B3 = blank B4 = 20% What formula in cell C1 will return value "2005" and in cell C2 th next year value for which the cell in row...

two colum lookup
i have two colums F & G which i am trying without success to marry up t colums A - E (colums C - E in this case have been removed ). what would like to achieve is the rows from colum A -E marrying up with th rows in colums F - G. can any one suggest a method of doing thi +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ADS2.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2779 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- alexander -------------------------------...

Multiple table lookup
A B 1 Name Code 2 London 301 3 Paris 302 4 Rome 303 5 Moscow 304 6 Madrid 305 7 Berlin 306 9 Name Code 10 Brazilia 307 11 Buenos Aires 308 12 Santiago 309 13 Montevide 310 14 Quito 311 15 Lima 312 D E 1 Date Code 2 17/3/2010 301 3 22/3/2010 306 3 23/6/2010 312 4 14/5/2010 305 5 22/9/2010 302+301 6 25/10/2010 308 7 1/3/2010 311 8 9/11/2010 301 9 6/5/2010 307 10 17/7/2010 302+305 11 28/7/2010 304 12 6/8/2010 309 13 31/12/2010 310 14 2/2/2010 301 15 9/2/2010 303 16 5/6/2010 307 17 1/10/2010 307+312 What i want to do is that when i enter a code (let's ...

case "customerid" field
When opening a new case on the service side of CRM 1.2 the customer field, customerid, is defined as Unique identifier for the account or contact associated with the incident (case). We notice that there is also an accountid and contactid lookup field that can't be added to either forms or views. Our problem is that we find we can assign a case to a contact or account uppon creation but we then can't add the fields accountid or contactid to forms or views. We therefore have a problems where: a/ we assign a case to an account then we can't use the email from crm functional...

Categories 04-20-10
I have had this problem in Vista Ultimate and now in Windows 7 Pro. When I upgraded to W7 (clean install) from Vista Ultimate I imported my contacts from my BlackBerry to Outlook 2007. Everything imported OK except for the Colors for the Categories. Is this a bug or what? The same thing happened in Vista upgrading from XP. Any ideas??? -- Bob Eyster Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit Not a bug. End user error. In no way is syncing to a PDA even remotely the same as backing up and restoring Outlook data. Next time copy your Outlook data file and open it in the new installation. ...

crm & sql 07-27-04
anyone out there expierenced in integrating crm pro with full blown sql server. what's the complexity, learning cure, pitfalls, etc... any expierenced input appreciated. thanks, david Not quite sure what your asking. CRM uses SQL Server for it's database engine so there is no integration. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:41:55 -0700, "david" <david@cpiq.net> wrote: anyone out there expierenced in integrating crm pro with full blown sql server. what's t...

Resolve Case Error
When I choose "resolve case" and enter all the required information and click "ok" to close the case I get a Microsoft CRM error window with a red x. It says: Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. It provides two choices from there..."try again" or "go back." This happens when I am logged in on any PC. I can close cases using another users account. did you check the Event Viewer? did you see any errors? "Bill" wrote: > When I choose "resolve case" and enter all the requ...

System Restore 04-06-10
When creating a restore point, I see that one can set System Restore to avoid backing up specified files and directories. If I want to specify a particular directory not to back up, does anyone know whether it's sufficient to specify just the directory path and name, such as: C:\MyPhotos or do I need wildcards to indicate not to back up all files in the directory, such as: C:\MyPhotos\*.* and do I need to indicate NOT to back up subdirectories? C:\MyPhotos\*.* /s Bobbi On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:35:28 -0700, "Bobbi&quo...

Redeployment 01-12-06
We are replacing the majority of our servers (one of them being out CRM server) and I was wondering if there is a CRM 3.0 redeployment tool like there is for 1.0 and 1.2? Thanks. Yes, there is. It is actually included on the 3.0 media. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Danielle Sturgess" wrote: > We are replacing the majority of our servers (one of them being out CRM > server) and I was wondering if there is a CRM 3.0 redeployment tool like > there is for 1.0 and 1.2? > Thanks. > > > Awesome! I didn't even think to check there...

Combo box in form 06-11-10
Hi, How do I rerefence my combobox in my VB code behind. It's sitting in an ASP formview. When it is outside the formview my code behind works like this: Private Sub cboCurrency_DataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cboCurrency.DataBound cboCurrency.SelectedIndex = cboCurrency.Items.IndexOf(cboCurrency.Items.FindByText("GBP")) End Sub When I put the combo inside the formview it says "cboCUrrency is not declared" Thanks for your help Regards, fidl Hi fidl, When the server control is placed in so...

microsoft outlook #21
When I open Outlook on one laptop it opens to outlook tody. All the other computers on the LAN open to Inbox. What do I have to change on the laptop so it opens to inbox? Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "dwmcg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e34401c3f009$66b6be10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I open Outlook on one laptop it opens to outlook > tody. All the other comp...

error message in windows mail 11-21-09
I have att uverse and have been using windows mail for some time to get my emails from att-yahoo. I began recieveing an error message today and after checking all of the settings with att they say it must be a problem with windows mail. What next? Can I just reinstall windows mail as it is free (my wife is used to it so I hate to change it) can I do that with out losing all of my emails currently in there along with my contacts in other words willit just write over the old windows mail and hopefully correct the problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks Don...

DLookup Problem 05-04-10
Here is my code. It is returning a type mismatch error and I can't figure out why. dblPriceToPurchase = DLookup("[dblPriceToPurchaseFactor]", "tblPricing", "[intItem] = " & [intItemID] And "[intVendor] = " & Forms!frmPO![intVendor]) Thanks Terri "tgavin" <tgavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AD6AFBF-7BC8-4FA4-9D82-57330852247E@microsoft.com... > Here is my code. It is returning a type mismatch error and I can't figure > out > why. > > dblPriceToPurchase = DLookup(&quo...