Cannot view any form in crm 3.0

We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account
which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when
I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities,
calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more
information, contact your system administrator.

Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode
ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that
with an restricted access code i can't do much.
I have tried assigning different roles to the user but i get the same error
message.

Does anyone have any suggestion?? Please help.
0
SC (9)
8/17/2006 2:57:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log
onto the Microsoft CRM Server.  Open a File Explorer window and navigate to
the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed.  Open the
web.config and change the setting for Dev Errors to 'On'.  Then reproduce the
error.

Post the more detailed error.

"SC" wrote:

> We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account
> which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when
> I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities,
> calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more
> information, contact your system administrator.
>
> Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode
> ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that
> with an restricted access code i can't do much.
> I have tried assigning different roles to the user but i get the same error
> message.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion?? Please help.
Hi, Thanks for the tip. I have done enabled Dev errors and the error
decription is:

Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:
Server Error in '/' Application
The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP
status 400: Bad Request.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:
[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.]

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1359
methodName, Object[] parameters) +218

Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.UserQueryWebService.RetrieveMultiple(QueryBase
queryExpression) +55
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.UserQuery.RetrieveByObjectType(Int32
returnTypeCode, String columnSetXml, Int32[] queryType, UserQueryState state)
+265
   Microsoft.Crm.Controls.ViewSelector.AddUserViewGroup(String groupName,
String groupId, OptionSorting sorting, Int32[] queryTypes, UserQueryState
queryState, Boolean flagInactiveQueries) +130
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.Initialize() +170
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.GetDefaultView() +10
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.EntityHomePage.ConfigurePage() +189
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +20

Microsoft CRM Application Error Report:
Error Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error
and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

Error Number:

Source File:
Not available

Line Number:
Not available

Date: 08-17-2006
Time: 15:27:37
Type: Application Error (2)
Server: crm
Request URL:
http://crm/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=1

Please help.

Thanks.

"dtu11" wrote:

> For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log
> onto the Microsoft CRM Server.  Open a File Explorer window and navigate to
> the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed.  Open the
> web.config and change the setting for Dev Errors to 'On'.  Then reproduce the
> error.
>
> Post the more detailed error.
>
> "SC" wrote:
>
> > We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account
> > which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when
> > I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities,
> > calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more
> > information, contact your system administrator.
> >
> > Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode
> > ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that
> > with an restricted access code i can't do much.
> > I have tried assigning different roles to the user but i get the same error
> > message.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestion?? Please help.
Have you modified anything on the IIS Web Site.  Like change the port. Or add
a host header? If you login to the CRM webserver with the Admin account you
used to install, what happens when you open CRM ?

"SC" wrote:

> [...]
> > error.
> >
> > Post the more detailed error.
> >
> > "SC" wrote:
> >
> > > We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account
> > > which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when
> > > I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities,
> > > calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more
> > > information, contact your system administrator.
> > >
> > > Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode
> > > ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that
> > > with an restricted access code i can't do much.
> > > I have tried assigning different roles to the user but i get the same error
> > > message.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any suggestion?? Please help.
We had modified it but have taken it off now. After taking the modifications
off I can't get into crm at all. If i type http://crm:5555 I get an
Authentication error and if I type http://servername:5555 i get a page cannot
be displayed. Doesn't matter which user i loggin as, the same error occurs.

Before taking off the modifications, if i opened CRM webclient using the
admin account used to install the application it opened fine, without any
errors.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

"dtu11" wrote:

> [...]
> > Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.
> >
> > Error Number:
> >
> > Source File:
> > Not available
> >
> > Line Number:
> > Not available
> >
> > Date: 08-17-2006
> > Time: 15:27:37
> > Type: Application Error (2)
> > Server: crm
> > Request URL:
> > http://crm/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=1
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "dtu11" wrote:
> >
> > > For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log
> > > onto the Microsoft CRM Server.  Open a File Explorer window and navigate to
> > > the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed.  Open the
> > > web.config and change the setting for Dev Errors to 'On'.  Then reproduce the

I would try doing a repair on the Application Server.

"SC" wrote:

> [...]
> > > String groupId, OptionSorting sorting, Int32[] queryTypes, UserQueryState
> > > queryState, Boolean flagInactiveQueries) +130
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.Initialize() +170
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.GetDefaultView() +10
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Web.EntityHomePage.ConfigurePage() +189
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +20
> > >    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
> > >    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1545
> > >
> > > Microsoft CRM Application Error Report:
> > > Error Description:
> > > An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
> > > request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error
> > > and where it originated in the code.
> > >
> > > Error Details:
> > > Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

When I select repair and click next the following error occured: "Microsoft
CRM 3.0 server setup, Setup could not retreve data from the database:
Provider = SQLOLEDB; Data Sources = Sql Server; Initial Catalog =
Customer_MSCRM; Integrated Security = sspi
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(connect()).] Sql server does not exist or access
denied."
If I ok this message it continues with the repair.

Do you think this has anything to do with the issues we are having??

"dtu11" wrote:

> I would try doing a repair on the Application Server.
>
> "SC" wrote:
>
> > We had modified it but have taken it off now. After taking the modifications
> > off I can't get into crm at all. If i type http://crm:5555 I get an
> > Authentication error and if I type http://servername:5555 i get a page cannot
> > be displayed. Doesn't matter which user i loggin as, the same error occurs.
> >
> > Before taking off the modifications, if i opened CRM webclient using the
> > admin account used to install the application it opened fine, without any
> > errors.
> >
> > Your help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > "dtu11" wrote:
> >
> > > Have you modified anything on the IIS Web Site.  Like change the port. Or add
> > > a host header? If you login to the CRM webserver with the Admin account you
> > > used to install, what happens when you open CRM ?

This would be a problem yes.  Check SQL Server to make sure the database is
still there.

"SC" wrote:

> When I select repair and click next the following error occured: "Microsoft
> CRM 3.0 server setup, Setup could not retreve data from the database:
> Provider = SQLOLEDB; Data Sources = Sql Server; Initial Catalog =
> Customer_MSCRM; Integrated Security = sspi
> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(connect()).] Sql server does not exist or access
> denied."
> If I ok this message it continues with the repair.
>
> Do you think this has anything to do with the issues we are having??
>
> "dtu11" wrote:
>
> > I would try doing a repair on the Application Server.
> >
> > "SC" wrote:
> >
> > > We had modified it but have taken it off now. After taking the modifications
> > > off I can't get into crm at all. If i type http://crm:5555 I get an
> > > Authentication error and if I type http://servername:5555 i get a page cannot
> > > be displayed. Doesn't matter which user i loggin as, the same error occurs.
> > >
> > > Before taking off the modifications, if i opened CRM webclient using the
> > > admin account used to install the application it opened fine, without any
> > > errors.
> > >
> > > Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sheet Tabs #3
Hi All, I am using office 2003. A user that I am support has office 2000 installed and has an issue with displaying the sheet tabs at the bottom of the screen. I have tried a number of options from using the format>sheet>Un Hide. This does not resolve the issue. I have also tried to display the sheet tabs from tools>options>view> and select the option sheet tabs from the window options. None of the above makes the sheet tabs viable. Any ideas on how to resolve this are kindly welcomed. Aaron Aaron, you mean that you can see the tabs but your colleague cannot? Perculi...

Displaying a stored image on a form
I created an OLE Object type field in a table and then I inserted an graphic file (JPG). I then created a form on which I want to display my graphic file. I tried to display the graphic in a bound object control but the contol only displays the file name or an icon on the form. How can I get the actual graphic to display? I can display an image on a form but this is only a link to a graphic file and if I move or delete the original graphic file the database connection is lost. I want the image to be stored in the database so there is no linkage to outside files. Has anyone done th...

Item Price Inquiry Ver 9.0
Our Item Price Inquiry for Kits is not working. We base our kit price on component costs and use either a percent markup of current cost or standard cost. When we do an Item Price inquiry on a kit is shows $0.00 price. In other words it does not look at the component costs and calculate the price. So, when a customer calls and requests a price for a kit item, it is difficult to give him a price when the price is based on current or standard component costs. Anyone having this problem or have any ideas on how to fix or get around it? ...

Control of exit from a Form opened within a subroutine
A DoCmd.OpenForm statement occurs part way down my Access 2000 subroutine "Prcs". The opened form presents the user with some screen info from which he/she must decide which of the two command buttons "Continue" and "Quit" should be clicked. "Quit" sends execution control elsewhere while "Continue" is designed to continue processing within Prcs. Sub Prcs tested vb code ' Includes evaluation of "strCrit" DoCmd.OpenForm "frmShowinfo", , , strCrit more tested vb code end sub I've not found a way to stop contr...

Adding functionalities to CRM Mobile
Hi, i want to know if its possible to add functionalities to the CRM Mobile. If i can add "pages" created by me to tha they can be viewed in mobiles. IS SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP ME? regards, pedro airo No, you cannot add new forms. You can fully customize existing ones. Dean "Airo" wrote: > Hi, i want to know if its possible to add functionalities to the CRM Mobile. > If i can add "pages" created by me to tha they can be viewed in mobiles. > > IS SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP ME? > > regards, pedro airo Tnkz for your response. Regards, Pedro Ai...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
I have an application that will happily post 20TPS from 9 different processes running on three different computers. In the middle of all this happiness, I'll get about three seconds of: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) and then posting returns to normal. Only one of the nine processes will be affected. None of the applications are connecting/reconnection. Each is using a dedicated SQLClient connection to a SQLServer ...

CRM Email router prob
Hi, Have installed MS CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003 Premium. Client is using OWA so have followed instructions to install router to a seperate web site. However, incoming emails (as in replies to CRM emails) are still generating errors in the event viewer as follows: A platform error message was encountered. Subject: 'RE: Test 9 - post reinstall CRM:{4359A166-A341-4407-9E6B-AF7FB608AEEF}:MRC' Platform Error Code: 80070057 Platform Error Description: 'The parameter is incorrect. ' Literal SOAP Fault: '<e...

Book1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\Book1.xl -- mdalb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26311 The template should be named Book.xlt, not Book1.xlt. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "mdalby" <mdalby.1d31an@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mdalby.1d31an@excelforum-nospam.com... > >...

Card Game Spreadsheet #3
Hi again! Using your great suggestions I now have a fantastic looking spreadshee which automatically updates the card's details using Vlookup and it' great except for one niggling factor. The date inserted into the "Details" cell using Vlookup over-runs th cell. I have Word Wrap turned on for all Details Cells and also th cells containing the actual data have Word Wrap turned on also, howeve the cell does not resize. As a work-around I thought maybe having a ToolTips function may wor (e.g. User hovers over the cell and the data grabbed by Vlookup pops u in a ToolTip windo...

Popup Form question
How can I set a pop-up form to only take one record? I have a popup form (single form) to take some customer info however when if they tab past the last field all the data disappears. Anyway to prevent this? Thanks in advance D "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros.com> wrote in news:95EBA52D-5DC8-4333-A18F-9A7EA4B65D77@microsoft.com: > How can I set a pop-up form to only take one record? > I have a popup form (single form) to take some customer info > however when if they tab past the last field all the data > disappears. Anyway to prevent this? > > Thanks in ...

Can't repair CRM
Hi, When I try to repair CRM on a few laptops, I get the following message: Setup failed to locate binary file microsoft.crm.metadatahelper.dll verify that the source folder is configured with Everyone Read Access. I am trying to do a repair off the original CRM CD. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks, Sophie ...

Data vs. forms & Unload/reload questions
A .mdb file seems to encompass both the database and all the 'code' (forms, modules, and logic) used to CRUD the data in the tables. 1) Is there any way to separate the database from the code into separate files, eg. the db is mydata.mdb and the 'code is in a separate file, eg. code.mdb? 2) Say you have v1.0 of an app and the tables and attributes are populated with data. You then go and build v2.0 of the app, adding tables and columns to what already existed in v1.0, and perhaps moving some of the v1.0 attributes into different tables. What is the recommended way to unload/reloa...

Populating the Inbox on the CRM 4.0 RTM VPC
Is there a way to add some emails into the Inbox on the new VPC? Lisa; I've never used the VPC, but assuming is has a mail server installed inside it (like Exchange)... I use a little command-line utility called bmail.exe. you can download it for free, drop it in your server, and then use a simple command-line to send a mail, and it winds up in your inbox. if you like, you can put the command in a batch file, and it's great for demos to simulate an inbound mail. http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/cmdlinemail/cmdlinemail.htm Hope that helps, Dave Ireland "Lisa B&qu...

Outlook stops responding #3
Outlook stops responding every time one of our users tries to access a Word doc via a link in an e-mail. She can browse to the Word doc and open it without any problem. The same link works for others. Any ideas? Thanks, Sean What version of Outlook and how are the files sent? What is the message format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Change Default View #2
Is it possible to determine a user's business unit and set the account entity default view depending on the business unit? I know it is not standard, I just am not sure if there is a way through javascript or the SDK to do it. Thanks You may be able to use a plug-in on the SavedQuery RetriveMultiple event. Here is an example to hide system views :- http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug-in.html This is just a starting point to give you an example. You would have to check if the query being passed is to return the default view, and if so overr...

spell check #3
does spell check work for outlook express? ...

error messages #3
I am getting the error message "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" whenever I try to change a font size or bold the font. Is there a solution to this? Hi Marc! See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292263 Also Leo Heuser posted a subroutine back in May 2001 to remove unused formats. http://tinyurl.com/2uq9e -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Any font to surround number with a circle? #3
I haven't used the macro recorder b/c the only way i can think of to d it would be to insert a drawing sahpe around the number and then se the fill to be transparent. VBA macro wouldn't work very well fo that, I would rather use a mouse click/keystroke macro recorder like E Macro instead. What is truly needed is a whole new Font set tha surrounds the value with a circle but I have absolutely no idea how t do that or if a regular Joe who isn't an MS programmer can create custom font set -- Flamike ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Flamikey&...

CRM 1.2...What kinds of language is available ???
Hey, I heard CRM 1.2 is availbale in 9 languages.... but don't know what languages are included.... so please, let me know what languages are included!!! Thanks!!! Here you go: U.S. English International English German French Italian Spanish Dutch Danish Brazilian Portuguese Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. San Francisco, CA >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hey, >I heard CRM 1.2 is availbale in 9 languages.... >but don't know what languages are included.... > >so please, let me know...

Form Locked !
Hi, I created a form using the wizard based on a query, everything looks ok but i cannot enter data into the form as it appears to be locked ? what have i done wrong, i been trying to solve this for 2 hours now - please can you HELP!!! blake7, One common reason is the query used for the form. Open the query and see if you can add a new record to the query. If you can't, have a look here: http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html Jeanette Cunningham "blake7" <blake7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:808F403F-8822-4619-9F50-DCA5E8B57DC1@microsoft.com... ...

CRM Exams 01-26-05
Hi, I noticed a number of threads in this forum relating to CRM exams and in all of them reference is made to training kits. I assume that those kits being referred to are the ones from MBS, correct? If so, do the MOC courses (8018, 8019, 8020) also map to the exams? If I use the MOC courses to prepare for the exams, will I be disappointed? Thanks Bert Hi Bert, The MOC courses are very good training material for the exams. Almost all the questions are to be found back in the training material. Therefore I can guarantee you that you won't be disappointed if you use such a MOC co...

Default form in Public Calendar folder
I have a calendar in the public folders. Is there any way so that when the user clicks on the "New" button in Outlook that the default form that opens is a "Meeting Request" as opposed to an appointment? Thanks! Sylvia <sylvia@nospam.com> wrote: > I have a calendar in the public folders. Is there any way so that > when the user clicks on the "New" button in Outlook that the default > form that opens is a "Meeting Request" as opposed to an appointment? I don't think so, but you can certainly click the down-arrow next to the New ...

crm queue 10-09-07
hey all i've created a new queue called 'support' email address is support@*.com ad user is disabled when i use message tracker on exchange i see the emails are being forwarded to router@*.com but they are not going into the support queue i've restarted the server but still didn't work any ideas? thanks Hi, Run the CRM E-Mail router Rule Deployment Wizard to deploy the rules to each CRM user's mailbox, and to all queue mailboxes. Best regards, Merijn "devnull" wrote: > hey all > > i've created a new queue called 'support' ...

CRM not starting after Domain Controller change
Hi all, I added a new domain controller in my domain. This worked fine, no replication problem or any other problem. But since, CRM (which runs on another server) doesn't start. SQL is running on the CRM server. Each time I try to access CRM through IE, I get a generic error message and the following event is logged on CRM server (event id 2) : MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Défaillance irrémédiable Error Message: Défaillance irrémédiable Error ...

Unwanted Code Being Added to Form
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01CAB57D.00862050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2. I thought I seen it all. For some reason code was added to the OnClose of one of my forms that I = DID NOT put there! The code is a 1 liner using the NavigateTo command.(irrelevant I = believe). I recall testing using custom Navigation Panes about a year ago but = abandoned it. I recall having code in the OnClose of my form(s) that switched to a different Custom = Nav Pan...