Cannot view any form in crm 3.0

We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account
which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when
I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities,
calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more
information, contact your system administrator.

Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode
ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that
with an restricted access code i can't do much.
I have tried assigning different roles to the user but i get the same error
message.

Does anyone have any suggestion?? Please help.
0
SC (9)
8/17/2006 2:57:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log
onto the Microsoft CRM Server.  Open a File Explorer window and navigate to
the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed.  Open the
web.config and change the setting for Dev Errors to 'On'.  Then reproduce the
error.

Post the more detailed error.

"SC" wrote:

> We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account
> which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when
> I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities,
> calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more
> information, contact your system administrator.
>
> Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode
> ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that
> with an restricted access code i can't do much.
> I have tried assigning different roles to the user but i get the same error
> message.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion?? Please help.
Hi, Thanks for the tip. I have done enabled Dev errors and the error
decription is:

Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:
Server Error in '/' Application
The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP
status 400: Bad Request.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:
[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.]

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1359
methodName, Object[] parameters) +218

Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.UserQueryWebService.RetrieveMultiple(QueryBase
queryExpression) +55
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.UserQuery.RetrieveByObjectType(Int32
returnTypeCode, String columnSetXml, Int32[] queryType, UserQueryState state)
+265
   Microsoft.Crm.Controls.ViewSelector.AddUserViewGroup(String groupName,
String groupId, OptionSorting sorting, Int32[] queryTypes, UserQueryState
queryState, Boolean flagInactiveQueries) +130
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.Initialize() +170
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.GetDefaultView() +10
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.EntityHomePage.ConfigurePage() +189
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +20

Microsoft CRM Application Error Report:
Error Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error
and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

Error Number:

Source File:
Not available

Line Number:
Not available

Date: 08-17-2006
Time: 15:27:37
Type: Application Error (2)
Server: crm
Request URL:
http://crm/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=1

Please help.

Thanks.

"dtu11" wrote:

> For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log
> onto the Microsoft CRM Server.  Open a File Explorer window and navigate to
> the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed.  Open the
> web.config and change the setting for Dev Errors to 'On'.  Then reproduce the
> error.
>
> Post the more detailed error.
>
> "SC" wrote:
>
> > We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account
> > which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when
> > I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities,
> > calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more
> > information, contact your system administrator.
> >
> > Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode
> > ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that
> > with an restricted access code i can't do much.
> > I have tried assigning different roles to the user but i get the same error
> > message.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestion?? Please help.
Have you modified anything on the IIS Web Site.  Like change the port. Or add
a host header? If you login to the CRM webserver with the Admin account you
used to install, what happens when you open CRM ?

"SC" wrote:

> [...]
> > error.
> >
> > Post the more detailed error.
> >
> > "SC" wrote:
> >
> > > We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account
> > > which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when
> > > I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities,
> > > calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more
> > > information, contact your system administrator.
> > >
> > > Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode
> > > ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that
> > > with an restricted access code i can't do much.
> > > I have tried assigning different roles to the user but i get the same error
> > > message.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any suggestion?? Please help.
We had modified it but have taken it off now. After taking the modifications
off I can't get into crm at all. If i type http://crm:5555 I get an
Authentication error and if I type http://servername:5555 i get a page cannot
be displayed. Doesn't matter which user i loggin as, the same error occurs.

Before taking off the modifications, if i opened CRM webclient using the
admin account used to install the application it opened fine, without any
errors.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

"dtu11" wrote:

> [...]
> > Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.
> >
> > Error Number:
> >
> > Source File:
> > Not available
> >
> > Line Number:
> > Not available
> >
> > Date: 08-17-2006
> > Time: 15:27:37
> > Type: Application Error (2)
> > Server: crm
> > Request URL:
> > http://crm/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=1
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "dtu11" wrote:
> >
> > > For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log
> > > onto the Microsoft CRM Server.  Open a File Explorer window and navigate to
> > > the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed.  Open the
> > > web.config and change the setting for Dev Errors to 'On'.  Then reproduce the

I would try doing a repair on the Application Server.

"SC" wrote:

> [...]
> > > String groupId, OptionSorting sorting, Int32[] queryTypes, UserQueryState
> > > queryState, Boolean flagInactiveQueries) +130
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.Initialize() +170
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.GetDefaultView() +10
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Web.EntityHomePage.ConfigurePage() +189
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +20
> > >    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
> > >    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1545
> > >
> > > Microsoft CRM Application Error Report:
> > > Error Description:
> > > An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
> > > request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error
> > > and where it originated in the code.
> > >
> > > Error Details:
> > > Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

When I select repair and click next the following error occured: "Microsoft
CRM 3.0 server setup, Setup could not retreve data from the database:
Provider = SQLOLEDB; Data Sources = Sql Server; Initial Catalog =
Customer_MSCRM; Integrated Security = sspi
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(connect()).] Sql server does not exist or access
denied."
If I ok this message it continues with the repair.

Do you think this has anything to do with the issues we are having??

"dtu11" wrote:

> I would try doing a repair on the Application Server.
>
> "SC" wrote:
>
> > We had modified it but have taken it off now. After taking the modifications
> > off I can't get into crm at all. If i type http://crm:5555 I get an
> > Authentication error and if I type http://servername:5555 i get a page cannot
> > be displayed. Doesn't matter which user i loggin as, the same error occurs.
> >
> > Before taking off the modifications, if i opened CRM webclient using the
> > admin account used to install the application it opened fine, without any
> > errors.
> >
> > Your help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > "dtu11" wrote:
> >
> > > Have you modified anything on the IIS Web Site.  Like change the port. Or add
> > > a host header? If you login to the CRM webserver with the Admin account you
> > > used to install, what happens when you open CRM ?

This would be a problem yes.  Check SQL Server to make sure the database is
still there.

"SC" wrote:

> When I select repair and click next the following error occured: "Microsoft
> CRM 3.0 server setup, Setup could not retreve data from the database:
> Provider = SQLOLEDB; Data Sources = Sql Server; Initial Catalog =
> Customer_MSCRM; Integrated Security = sspi
> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(connect()).] Sql server does not exist or access
> denied."
> If I ok this message it continues with the repair.
>
> Do you think this has anything to do with the issues we are having??
>
> "dtu11" wrote:
>
> > I would try doing a repair on the Application Server.
> >
> > "SC" wrote:
> >
> > > We had modified it but have taken it off now. After taking the modifications
> > > off I can't get into crm at all. If i type http://crm:5555 I get an
> > > Authentication error and if I type http://servername:5555 i get a page cannot
> > > be displayed. Doesn't matter which user i loggin as, the same error occurs.
> > >
> > > Before taking off the modifications, if i opened CRM webclient using the
> > > admin account used to install the application it opened fine, without any
> > > errors.
> > >
> > > Your help would be greatly appreciated.

econnect 9.0 installation com+
I am installing eConnect 9 on a local machine with SQL Server Express and GP 9 installed. Running WinXP Pro sp2. When I get to the end of the installation process and need to enter the Domain/user and pass, I enter "eConnect" as the user I created in users and Groups. "eConnect" user is part of the admin group. I receive the following errors and installation fails. "The eConnect Incoming Service Returned the following error: Status Invalid Service Account" "The eConnect Outgoing Service Returned the following error: Status Invalid Service Account" ...

Public Calendar view options
I have a few calendars being shared that were created in the public folder group. Users want to view taskbar within calendar whch is grayed out and oes not seem to be a view option as is in any private calendar. Can this be done. Exchange 2000, clients are Outlook 2003 cachede exchange mode. Upgrade to Exchange 2003 in the works but not current in our user base. -- Jim Krawisz ...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

CRM Mobile Registration Error
Hello All, I work for a Microsoft partner in the Atlanta area, and I've been tasked with testing CRM before we put it into production. I've hit a brick wall with CRM Mobile 3.0, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help, or point me in the right direction for this issue. The situation now: We use Small Business Server 2003 Premium SP1 in our production environment, so I'm also using it in my test environment. The test environment consists of the server and two laptops, and is connected to the internet, although its external URL uses a redirection service: fakename.no-ip.o...

Modifying Activity Views
We have customived our Activity view using the undocumented back door means ( http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903} ) and now have been asked to modify associated activity views, like Contact Activities to match. Does anyone have the information on this? Thank you in advance, Scott From an earlier post: Just type for the "My Activities view" the following URL in your Internet > Explorer and replace "crmserver" with the name of your server. > http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00...

Outlook extremely slow #3
Outlook had been working fine until I installed Norton Antivirus. It now takes several minutes to load. Could this be the problem? Is there any way to fix this? ...

execl to lotus 1-2-3 conversion #2
I would appreciate very much if anyone can provide me information to convert Excel file to Lotus format Regards, ...

Auto Populate a form field
I have two tables with 1:1 relationship. Both have same key field (SS Number). There are two forms, one for each table. When I open Form A there is a button to open Form B. When Form B opens, I want SS Number field to equal the SS Number on the current record in Form A. How do I do this? Thank you in advance. Well, IMO the easiest way would be to make Form B a subform of A, and linking via the common key. Or you could make Form A a tabbed form, and A would be the first tab and B would be the second. Just a couple of random thoughts... "A Bit Frustrated&quo...

duplicate messages #3
Each time I click "send/receive", the same two email messages are sent to my inbox. If i clik three times, the two messages will drop into my inbox for a total of six messages! Understand, i do not have "save messages on the server" selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook twice with to no avail? Suggestions? Happens to me too. My ISP said it is poorly written spam that fails to complete sending properly, so Outlook times out without completing the task of downloading including recognising what has already been downloaded and what has not. Why can&#...

My CRM VPC starts and shuts down SLOW
I'm using an MBS VPC of CRM v3.0 on a laptop with 1.4 g of ram. It's great once I boot up! However, when I first start up the VPC it takes about 5 minutes to load and about 15 minutes to shut down. It is very slow... I also have the MBS VPC for Dynamics GP v9 and BP v3.0 on the samea box with the same settings; this VPC loads up in about a minute and shuts down in about two minutes. I've tried compacting the VPC db on the CRM but it had little or no effect. I'm using CRM build 3.0.5300.0 on Windows 2003 server build 3790. Does anyone else have a problem with the load...

MS CRM integrate to JD Edwards
Hi, anyone has experience/knowledge of integrate MS CRM with JD Edwards? Thanks We are currently running JDE (SQL version) and MS CRM. Our CRM Account list originated from JDE system but the 2 systems are not tied together dynamically. Instead our account structure has maintained a key id between the systems to which we will build reporting against the 2 systems using Microsoft Reporting Services as well as OLAP cube technologies. "Keng Yuen Lok" <nospam@nospam.com.nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:u$GoMyQ3EHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > anyone ha...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...

Directly from CRM Order to Outlook Appointment in Calendar
In Outlook, it is possible to draw a task directly into the calendar, thus making an appointment with info from the task. It would be great, if it was possible, in the same way, to draw a CRM order from the Outlook client directly into the Outlook Calendar. Our company uses the Outlook Calendar for time registration, and this feature would be really helpful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

can not save or view attachments
I can seem to be able to save or view attachments the reason is that it greyed out what do i do to ungrey it?? Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using tools | options | security. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 i...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

sync between outlook crm & vertical applications
I would like to ask if there is any way to make synchronization & work offline with outlook client & view new entities that were created in a vertical application ? I would like to get into the outlook client the new information in addition to the current entities ? For example. We developed new form using the CRM SDK & We would like to view this information through the outlook client when working offline . Can We intervene the synchronization process for our needs ? As you have probably guess customizations created using the CRM SDK can only be viewed in the Outlook client when ...

VC++6.0 + CComboBoxEx + Win2000 = problem
Hello I have a problem wit the MFC class CComboboxEx and VC++6.0 under Windows 2000. The combobox is a "drop list" (Style CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) Basically everything work as it should be, the icons will be displayed in my combobox, the items are there, basically fine. But now my problem: 1)First the behaviour of the CComboBox class to explain my problem more exact (maybe I do not expect the correct behaviour in CComboBoxEx?): -For opening the dropdown list click the left mouse button -If I click the left mouse button again the dropdown list will be closed. 2)Now the CComboBoxEx c...

Can't send attachments #3
Whenever I try to send any attachment, Outlook 2003 won't finish the send 'task'. There are no other programs running that would restrict this. Messages without Attachments send OK though. How can I fix this? ...

Help with ACT! to CRM migration
Hi to anyone that can help. I am trying to do a trial data migration from our ACT! database to MSCRM to see what it will look like. I have installed the migration framework and appear to have CRM running fine on a server in our network (no errors on install and all windows appear ok). Since I do not have a strong database background I was wondering if someone could confirm what I believe is MS's way of migrating my data accross. I have exported the data from ACT! to a text file. I imported this into excel and repleaced the Free/busy data with a unique number for each record. I the...

Create Form Dynamically in VBA
Without going into alot of details I need to create thru code and dynamically a FORM in Datasheet View with a recordsource is an exisiting query. Can this be done in code on the fly. I also need code that deletes or purges the same form object. thanks for any help. Why? It is not a good idea. Perhaps if you described what you want to do, we can help with a how. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Bret" wrote: > Without going into alot of details I need to create thru code and dynamically > a FORM in Datasheet View with a recordsource is an exisiting query. Can th...

Posting to Public Folder-VIEW--the FROM field
When I post to a public folder, and click VIEW--the FROM field is grayed out. This worked in Outlook 2000. Are there any work-arounds? ...

Font Color #3
Using Excel 2003. Made copy of a matrix I built years ago. Now want to update it and show which cells have changed by making the font blue rather than black. Too many changes to make by just changing the color after each adjustment. Can't find anything that will permit me to change the font color and make it the default while I finish the update. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Have two copies on the matrix on the same worksheet. Let's say one begins in A1 and the other in AA1 You will be updating the first matrix Select all the first matrix; use Format | C...

To mark today's column with a special color or sign in work week view
In Microsoft Outlook, I use work week view, displaying me five columns, each for a single work day. I'd like to see today's column marked with a special color or sign. It there a way to do it? Thanks. Dan ...

Why is line number and position = 0 when validating against a xsd schema?
Why is line number and position = 0 in the code below? Valiation errors are found but not their position. cheers, mortb public static void Main() { XmlDocument xml = new XmlDocument(); xml.Schemas.Add(null, @"Schema.xsd"); xml.Load(@"Document.xml"); StringBuilder validationErrors = new StringBuilder(); xml.Validate(delegate(object errorSender, System.Xml.Schema.ValidationEventArgs eventArgs) { validationErrors.AppendFormat("{0} Line {1}, Pos {2}", eventArgs.Exception.Message, eventArgs.Exception.Line...