Cannot load or use Reports

Hello,

I'm using a CRM 3.0 SBS version, installed in a SBS 2003 with SQL 2005. SQL
reporting services is installed and functioning, altough I had installed it
after the instalation of CRM.
I cannot use, load or see any report.

Can annybody help me in a step by step verification?

Carlos
--
Siscad Manager
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You probably need to publish the CRM reports if you installed Reporting
services afterwards.  There are also permissions that need to be set as
well.  Here are the steps:

1. Publish reports

Run the following from a command prompt.

c:\program files\microsoft crm\reports\publishreports.exe "company name"
"Domain\ReportingGroup {GUID}"

Note: The ReportingGroup and GUID can be found in AD users and computers.

2. Give reports correct permissions

From the default website browse the reports directory Double click
Properties then click Company Name mscrm folder Select the properties, then
click the Security tab You should have the following:

BUILTIN\Administrators

Content Manager

(Domain)\ReportingGroup {ec70ac7b-a091-4d00-b038-75fd6ea0e84c --(your GUID)}
Browser for Microsoft CRM

NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Publisher for Microsoft CRM

If any of these are missing any of these security groups you will need to
add them.

Use the following steps to add the group to the SQL Reporting Services.

a. Start the SRS Report Manager by using the following URL:
http://Servername/reports Note Servername is an actual server name.

b. Click the Your_Org_Name_mscrm folder. Note - Your_Org_Name will be the
company name you entered during the Microsoft CRM setup. c. Click the
Properties tab, and then click Security.

d. Click New Role Assignment, and then type BUILTIN\Administrators in the
Group or user name field.

e. Click to select the Bowser for Microsoft CRM check box, and then click
OK.

f. Repeat Steps c thorugh e for the DOMAINNAME\ReportingGroup and the NT
AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE.

3. Copy the style sheets for Microsoft CRM reports to your Reporting
Services installation.

a. Copy four files, mscrm.css, mscrmx.css, mscrmp.css, mscrmxp.css, from the
Microsoft CRM Server CD in the folder wwwroot\CRMReports\rsstyles to the
styles folder in your Reporting Services installation. By default, the
styles folder is installed at c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportServer\styles.

b. Select all four files.

c. Right-click the selected files, and then click Properties.

d. Click the Security tab, and then click Add.

e. Type UserGroup, and then click OK. UserGroup is an ActiveDirectory group
that Microsoft CRM sets up that includes all Microsoft CRM users.

f. Modify the permissions for UserGroup so that in the Allow column, only
Read permission is selected, and then click OK.

g. ensure that all CRM users are members of the ReportingGroup in AD

--
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"

"Carlos Silva" <CarlosSilva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a CRM 3.0 SBS version, installed in a SBS 2003 with SQL 2005.
> SQL
> reporting services is installed and functioning, altough I had installed
> it
> after the instalation of CRM.
> I cannot use, load or see any report.
>
> Can annybody help me in a step by step verification?
>
> Carlos
> --
> Siscad Manager

0
Brandon
5/10/2006 5:09:41 PM
Nice game for the Twins last night! Here is a article that might help.

SYMPTOMS

When you try to access Reports in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0, you may
receive the following error message:

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship
with remote server.

CAUSE

This problem occurs because Microsoft CRM uses the certificate that you
created for the server after you installed or upgraded the program. Microsoft
CRM is installed on this server. By default, the installer program uses the
Web address that is specified in this certificate. Microsoft CRM reports do
not work if you try to access Reports by using this Web address.

RESOLUTION

Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly
by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might
require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee
that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To resolve this problem, remove the Web address from the report
configuration files and from the registry. To do this, follow these steps.

Note This procedure uses the default file locations for Microsoft SQL Server
2000. If you are using Microsoft SQL Server 2005, the files may be in
different locations.

1.
 On the server on which SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is installed,
modify the Rswebapplication.config file. To do this, follow these steps.

Note You can verify the installation location of Reporting Services by using
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. The Reports folder and
the ReportServer folder are listed under the default Web site.

a.
 Open the Rswebapplication.config file. By default, this file is in the
following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportManager\

b.
 In this file, locate the following section:

<ReportServerUrl>https:// Servername . Domain.com
/ReportServer</ReportServerUrl>

Note In this step and in step c, Servername represents the actual server
name, and Domain.com represents an actual domain name.

c.
 In the path that is mentioned in step b, change https:// Servername .
Domain.com to https:// Servername .

d.
 Save and close the file.

2.
 Modify the Rsreportserver.config file. To do this, follow these steps:

a.
 Open the Rsreportserver.config file.

Note By default, this file is in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportServer\

b.
 In the file, locate the following section:

<UrlRoot>https:// Servername . Domain.com /ReportServer</UrlRoot>

Note In this step and in step c, Servername represents the actual server
name, and Domain.com represents an actual domain name.

c.
 In the path that is mentioned in step b, change https:// Servername .
Domain.com to https:// Servername .

d.
 Save and close the file.

3.
 Modify the registry for Reporting Services. To do this, follow these steps:

a.
 Click Start, click Run, type Regedit , and then click OK.

b.
 In Registry Editor, click the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Reporting
Services

c.
 Click Reporting Services.

d.
 Right-click RSVirtualDir. Then click Modify.

e.
 Change the value that is in the Value data field from https:// Servername .
Domain.com /ReportServer to https:// Servername /ReportServer, and then click
OK.

Note In this step, Servername represents the actual server name, and
Domain.com represents an actual domain name.

f.
 Right-click WAVirtualDir. Then click Modify.

g.
 Change the value that is in the Value data field from https:// Servername .
Domain.com /Reports to https:// Servername /Reports, and then click OK.

Note In this step, Servername represents the actual server name, and
Domain.com represents an actual domain name.

h.
 In Registry Editor, click the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM

i.
 Click MSCRM.

j.
 Right-click SQLRServerURL. Then click Modify.

k.
 Change the value that is in the Value data field from https:// Servername .
Domain.com /ReportServer to https:// Servername /ReportServer, and then click
OK.

Note In this step, Servername represents the actual server name, and
Domain.com represents an actual domain name.

l.
 On the File menu, click Exit.

4.
 Verify that you can access the SSRS Manager by using the following Web
address:

https:// Servername /Reports

Notes

 In this step, Servername represents an actual server name.

 If you are using Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and if you receive an error
message when you access the SSRS Manager by using this Web address, you can
follow the instructions that are in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
article.

916163 You receive an error message when you access Calendar or Reports in
Microsoft CRM

5.
 Verify that you can view Microsoft CRM reports.

"Carlos Silva" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using a CRM 3.0 SBS version, installed in a SBS 2003 with SQL 2005. SQL
> reporting services is installed and functioning, altough I had installed it
> after the instalation of CRM.
> I cannot use, load or see any report.
>
> Can annybody help me in a step by step verification?
>
> Carlos
> --
> Siscad Manager

open two different Access reports

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Input to custom reports

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

isinteg reports configuring tstmgr failed : ecBadVersion
we have lost our mail after NAV did it's worst. have performed eseutil /p and /d as suggested elsewhere now get error from isinteg help please Update - have now sorted this thanks ...

How to use count for calls per hour

Crystal Report Launch 2
(sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no respones!) Can anyone explain this better? I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge seems to be useless: http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842 can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report (almost a mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to reopen that url in another browser I get this error: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt. any help would be greatly ...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

I am following the instructions page 331 to load the Adventure Networks database. I am running on an absolutely fresh Win2003 SBS and have followed all the instructions. A couple of problems (referring to the bullets in the manual): 2. My Administrator account has domain and local admininstrator privileges and was used to install MS CRM. MS CRM works perfectly. So far so good. 7. I cannot confirm that the five users were created? Why is that? What should I do about it? 10. After entering URL I get an error: That I do not have a MS CRM license??? Help, - Jakob Jakob, ...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...

Report not giving same output on all machines.
I have a report that it supposed to include a number in the total if the percentage is 15%. I round up the %age. All the users are getting the correct total on the report except one user. The total on that machine is coming out to be less. its the same report and same version of Access (2002 - 2003). Cannot figure out why only one computer is having this issue. Thanks in advance. Venus, Pretty hard to say without knowing more details about the query behind the report, or what one PC returns for records, as compared to what the problem PC returns. For example... If ...

unable to send outbound mail using outlook
I've enabled the smtp virtual server on our new exchange server and have our domain's mx record pointed to it. I've redirected our clients to point from our ISP's mail server to ours, but outbound mail is not working. when i tried to telnet to our server and do a "mail from: " of a local account, it's saying invalid address. Is there a separate setting to enable using this SMTP virtual server for outgoing mails? -Jerry Sorry... my mistake. I simply enabled message relaying and it works now. "jerrydy" wrote: > I've enabled the smtp virtua...

Using XSLT to transform XML prior to loading into Dataset
I am trying to transfor an XML document prior to loading into a Dataset. My problem stems from the known bug in Visual Studio that prevents loading a well formed XML because of duplicate child names: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325696 Anyway, I want to transform the XML using the XSLT to get around this problem, but I am having a tough time coming up with a way to apply the XSLT before loading it into the dataset. Any help and sample code appreciated. Thanks in advance. -Patrick pschouten1701@hotmail.com The XslTransform class has an overload of the Transform m...